Is there a reason to play Sadako over Portalgorgon?
Leprose Lichen Demo is one of my go tos when I need to be a sweaty tryhard but he is also a ton of fun to play! But he is a little pricey as he needs an iri addon.
I wasnt excited at all for Ringu tbh but after seeing her kit I was mildly whelmed as she seemed to be a whole killer who plays kinda like Portal Demo but without the need for addons.
I've been having fun with Sadako...and I'm doing ok with her, but I've been suffering from...imposter syndrome? I feel like at any moment, my invisibility gimmick wont work and I'll be stuck as a basic killer with nothing going for me.
The TVs have a long cooldown(which is fine I guess) but I have little information n my base kit to determine where survivors are so I cant be too reckless with my map pressure. Teleporting and trying to find stealthy survivors isnt always easy.
My boi Demo feels so gud, I play him like a landshark, circling my prey and going in for the kill when I smell blood lol. But when it comes time to hunt, Demo at least has his Shred to play with. What does Sadako have besides her flicker and being smol? I feel like as people get better, it might not be enough.
I dont think Sadako needs a whole lot done to her, just a few tiny tweaks.
What do you guys think?
Comments
Unless you just like Sadako more, Demo is just better.
It really just depends on what do you want / like more.
Wanna have better Chance to win games? Demo is better.
If you feel like playing her and she is fun and don't really feel like winning your games then Sadako is a good choice.
They are both better at different things, Sadako has better stealth, a game stall mechanic, and has an easier time teleporting. Demo is better in chase, and has the ability to choose where he puts his portals, however they can be temporarily removed. At the end of the day, they are both similar, but certainly have unique aspects to each them.
While I do prefer Demo, there are a few reasons to choose sadako over demo. While demo can choose his teleport points, he has to be standing on them to teleport, and it takes a few seconds for this to happen. With Sadako, you can teleport from anywhere on the map and it happens pretty much instantly. As far as I know, Sadako also doesnt make a noise that tells people when she's teleported. And with demo, while you get to choose where your portals go, you have to spend time at the start of the match setting them up. With Sadako you don't have to worry about setup at all, you can get right to chasing people while you wait for the TVs to turn on. And while it doesn't happen all too often, Demogorgon can't base kit mori people like Sadako.
One big reason to play Sadako over Demo would be if you started after December.
Other than that, not much, and even then the question just becomes "is there a reason to play Sadako over Wraith?"
She is way more silent.
Sadly she does. There's a mapwide noise if you're far away but if you're closer then the noise is directional
Just played against her and she is pretty silent all the time.
Also she teleported much and with the limited visibility it is confusing.
Yeah it's not like a wide range but if you're close enough to get condemned you can hear her directionally usually.
Following someone while demanifested with rancor all game is funny
Demo shred itself outshines Sadako's entire kit. So unless you're going for "fun" then Demo is better in all cases.
Honestly, unless you like Ringu more than Stranger Things, not really
Sadako:
Demo:
In lore, Demo is literally a space dimension shark.
It can smell blood in other dimensions. :D
Demo is stronger than her because he can smash pallets instantly and render the survivors useless while the survivors can just keep camping pallets as soon as they get injured as sadoko.
Kind of a weird comparison since Demo is a chase focused killer and Sadako is more stealth focused. It's like saying "Is there any reason to play Wraith over Blight? They both move really fast but Blight is just better at it. So why would you play Wraith?" Because some people prefer stealth killers over chase killers.
Demo is just better
This post on the Steam forum explained it perfectly.
"SoloQ
19 minutes ago
She's at the bottom of the MMR pile with Legion.
She's a hit and run killer in a boon totem world."
I was just followed by a Wraith all game while he had Rancor after reading this. Cursed.
Unless you're a masochist and find a powerless 115 killer fun, then Demo is better across the board. I genuinely believe Sadako is the worst killer on the roster
No way trapper and legion. Are the worst
Legion has better game delay and a free first hit. Plus Legion has tracking and some mobility. Sadako has nothing for either health state in chase.
Unless you can cheese out a mori, Demogorgon is way better in chase.
They're totally different killers. If you like Stealth, play Sadako, she's way stealthier. If you like Lunges and detecting people near portals, play Demogorgon.
Bingbong with rancor isnt as funny
Yeah, i unfortunately noticed that one when playing a match the other day. I do think my other points still stand though.
Crazy that people still dont realize you can just go buy a strangers things DLC key and get him today.
Idk, she's fun to me at the very least. Her lobby jumps care should be incorporated in game somehow. Poor sadahoe can't even compete with the extinct Demogorgeous.
She weak than demogorgon.