Something needs to be done about bubba’s ability to facecamp

I played 5 games today after not playing for 3 weeks and 2 of them were bubba’s that facecamp. Bubba is a fun killer to play against but all games end up the same with a bubba camping a survivor at 4 gens because they looked at him funny.

His basekit is fine but something has to be done about his ability to facecamp, especially when a survivor is hooked in the basement. Not even BT can save someone if the bubba doesn’t screw up.

What bhvr could do is that if a bubba uses his chainsaw within 5 meters of a hooked survivor, they only lose 1 healthstate so hooked survivors actually have a chance to play the game. Survivors would also not be able to abuse it because of the short 5 meter range. Thoughts?

Comments

  • @ukenicky said:

    This thread is basically: people with common sense who see how big of an actual issue face camping Bubba + a dedicated end game/deadlock build is vs. the people who face camp with Bubba and just want you to take the L and are openly bragging about how they get guaranteed kills from their method.

    In other words this is an echo chamber for both sides and I don't think we're ever going to get anywhere.

    Yeah well,1 side is right and 1 wrong,camping Bubba is a stupid tactic that should be removed from the game.

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838763#Comment_2838763

    Yeah well,1 side is right and 1 wrong,camping Bubba is a stupid tactic that should be removed from the game.

    "Anyone who doesnt share my opinion is evil." How liberal of you.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Agree but disagree. Survivors should be punishable for getting hooked in the basement. And as we know, camping can be done by all killers - Bubba is just best at it.

    If it were up to me, killer powers disabled within 12m of all hooks except basement hooks and during end game. (Cue killer main freak out)

    Then that would be abused by every Survivor. There has been times where I was chasing a Survivor and they looped me around a hooked Survivor. They looped me for so long that the Survivor died on hook and they accused me of camping when I did no such thing. That's why BHVR wants to take this carefully because they don't want to punish inocent players.

    Camping and Tunneling are valid strata when used at the correct time and not to be used right out of the gate just to "thin" the heard. I have camped and tunneled when Old Hatches were a thing only to take a Key Holder out of play. (I dont own Bubba so I can't use Franklin's)

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837823#Comment_2837823

    Then that would be abused by every Survivor. There has been times where I was chasing a Survivor and they looped me around a hooked Survivor. They looped me for so long that the Survivor died on hook and they accused me of camping when I did no such thing. That's why BHVR wants to take this carefully because they don't want to punish inocent players.

    Camping and Tunneling are valid strata when used at the correct time and not to be used right out of the gate just to "thin" the heard. I have camped and tunneled when Old Hatches were a thing only to take a Key Holder out of play. (I dont own Bubba so I can't use Franklin's)

    This actually has already happened. For a time bhvr made it so the hook timer paused if the killer was X meters from the hook. Survivors learned if they looped the killer at the hook they had an infinite amount of time to make a save. Thank the entity they learned this mistake and removed it.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842902#Comment_2842902

    This actually has already happened. For a time bhvr made it so the hook timer paused if the killer was X meters from the hook. Survivors learned if they looped the killer at the hook they had an infinite amount of time to make a save. Thank the entity they learned this mistake and removed it.

    I actually forgot that was a thing and how Survivors abused it....so yea it stands to reason anything they do will have to be done in a way Survivors can't abuse it like before.

  • I think the only change that Bubba needs is making the chainsaw start gaining overheat if you stay more than 4 seconds close to a hooked survivors within 12 meters, maybe less but this is to be polite. So if the chainsaw overheats then you don't go in tantrum, but you can not use your chainsaw for a while like billy.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841801#Comment_2841801

    "Anyone who doesnt share my opinion is evil." How liberal of you.

    I mean prove me wrong,how is camping a fair tactic?

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842901#Comment_2842901

    I mean prove me wrong,how is camping a fair tactic?

    If you fall for it and the killer gets another hook. Its fair. The killer gets more kills, the ######### sbmm ranks him up. He thinks "this seems to be working. Ill keep doing it" and he continues to camp.

    Now if you do gens and get out. The killer gets 1k, no bp, no rank ups and hopefully they realize "this isnt working. Maybe i should try actually playing the game" and they stop camping.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    I think they should do the same thing with Bubba's chainsaw that they did with crows. Can't be used in certain distance of a hook.

    Agreed been thinking about this for a while too.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As a Bubba main, for over 3 years (2018)... I want to say that I agree about his camping potential to be changed or nerfed.

    It honestly sucks as my main killer is used for such purposes and a bare minimun of players actually give a ######### about him to learn how to play "correctly". A prototype for anti-camping is in the development stage as BHVR revealed in the last QnA stream.

    I will anyway support a slight power change to Leatherface so players are forced to learn how to play him, it just sucks that even after his buff, people still don't even try to play him, ######### his entire reputation and whoever tries to play him good and then speaks about him is turned as a meme. It hurts, I support for a change

    The devs could gut bubba completely and the people that use him to face camp will just use another killer. What's stopping people to switch from bubba to billy or to a 99 stalk Myers

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I think the other 3 survivors should do gens and leave.

    He can still get 2k even so.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837848#Comment_2837848

    Na. That's ######### and terrible design. It's ######### on artist. And it would be ######### on bubba.

    They just need to make it BT makes the unhooked have no collision so body blocking is not a thing.

    Have bubba's saw stop after one down. Nothing more. Nothing less. There are RARELY (if ever) any time where you can get multiple downs with his saw. That isn't straight up camping. This would keep him the same in chase. While putting his camping on par with Billy, huntress(who people never complain about)

    I agree 100% about the chainsaw. But maybe he needs a buff in the chainsaw (cause he's relatively weak in many maps).

    @Steel_Eyed said:

    Three suggestions to end Camping Cannibals or camping dilemmas:

    1. Remove Hook Grabs on healthy survivors. M1 trading or grabbing injured survivors is still fine.
    2. Remove Cannibals ability to down multiple survivors in one sweep. The sweep ends on first contact. If he hits a BT survivor, it stops the sweep to cooldown (not tantrum)
    3. Remove / End his chainsaw abilities in a radius around hooks.

    I think hooks are already where survivors are at their most vulnerable. Then the game mechanics makes them even more susceptible to attack.

    I choose number 2.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842912#Comment_2842912

    I actually forgot that was a thing and how Survivors abused it....so yea it stands to reason anything they do will have to be done in a way Survivors can't abuse it like before.

    Why didnt they just nullify the timer pause if the killer was in a chase, because if there is another survivor by the hook its not camping. It then becomes that survivors job to lure the killer away so a save can be made.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843478#Comment_2843478

    Because pausing the timer is still a bad idea. Like it or not. Camping is sometimes the correct move.

    Sure it's a survivors job to "lure them away" But what about when it makes 0 sense to leave them for the survivor who's trying to lure you away....?

    I am stating them inserting the timer pause suggests that behavior put it in there because camping was a undesired mechanic and took it out because it allowed for an exploit. Like I get that as it stands now camping is a possible part of the game but if its not intended to be, as putting in the pause would suggest, then removing the exploit would be the solution. The key here is if they intended on removing or decentivising camping that it is an undesired mechanic.

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    Do gens.

    thats the problem "do gens" like ...are you saying that the person who is being hooked needs to be hostage for 10 minutes or even more just because a guy is facecamping as bubba..thats why people often suicide and i dont blame them, because is boring as hell, i personally just hold on the hook untill my teammates already escapes but god, i just spend my time and I dont get any BPs either soo..thats why it needs to be adressed.

    also as survivor you lose MMR for that thing aswell (LOSE / LOSE) situation

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837848#Comment_2837848

    Na. That's ######### and terrible design. It's ######### on artist. And it would be ######### on bubba.

    They just need to make it BT makes the unhooked have no collision so body blocking is not a thing.

    Have bubba's saw stop after one down. Nothing more. Nothing less. There are RARELY (if ever) any time where you can get multiple downs with his saw. That isn't straight up camping. This would keep him the same in chase. While putting his camping on par with Billy, huntress(who people never complain about)

    I also think his chainsaw should stop after downing 1 person. Finally someone's on the same page.

  • I don´tt know if anyone already said this - but

    Bubba is fine!

  • I think they just need to discourage camping by making other playstyles more rewarding...starting with doing away with an MMR system that only tracks kills.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843478#Comment_2843478

    Because pausing the timer is still a bad idea. Like it or not. Camping is sometimes the correct move.

    Sure it's a survivors job to "lure them away" But what about when it makes 0 sense to leave them for the survivor who's trying to lure you away....?

    Right for example you find the only survivor that has CoH and want to get rid of it asap....you will camp them to death.

  • Seems like a perfectly balanced game, what's wrong with killer getting 2k? it's what BHVR is trying to achieve after all.

  • @MB666 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843063#Comment_2843063

    thats the problem "do gens" like ...are you saying that the person who is being hooked needs to be hostage for 10 minutes or even more just because a guy is facecamping as bubba..thats why people often suicide and i dont blame them, because is boring as hell, i personally just hold on the hook untill my teammates already escapes but god, i just spend my time and I dont get any BPs either soo..thats why it needs to be adressed.

    also as survivor you lose MMR for that thing aswell (LOSE / LOSE) situation

    this

  • didn't see above post when i posted. anyway bhvr did try and fix but survivors will abuse any mechanic added. add timer for bubba, survivors will just run him to a hook everytime to abuse it.

  • @Hannacia said:

    I mean if you see agitation iron grasp Bubba you know this one is a basement Bubba. Basement Bubbas basekit is quite usually Agitation, Iron Grasp, NOED and Insidious.

    I find them cute I can watch into Bubbas beautiful eyes while i buy time for my teammates to do gens.

    This build is not exist anymore. Now they are using Deadlock, Corrupt, No Way Out and NOED. Good luck finish generators and open gates.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838749#Comment_2838749

    This build is not exist anymore. Now they are using Deadlock, Corrupt, No Way Out and NOED. Good luck finish generators and open gates.

    Really? I only see the iron grasp builds. I do think Bubba has too much of an ability to straight up facecamp when other killers dont have this as much, well at least not as deadly. Hillbilly could maybe but he is slower at least.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Agree but disagree. Survivors should be punishable for getting hooked in the basement. And as we know, camping can be done by all killers - Bubba is just best at it.

    If it were up to me, killer powers disabled within 12m of all hooks except basement hooks and during end game. (Cue killer main freak out)

    Well i am a little late to the party but maybe i misunderstand something or you should change the phrasing.

    Do you mean 12 meter around a hooked survivor or 12 meter around ALL hooks at any time?

    Because the latter would be insane. More than 50% of most maps would be blocked for killer powers and indoor maps would completely be M1 killer with 115/110% movement speed without powers.

  • Did you really "^^^This" your OWN comment?

    Especially when there are only 5 comments in between?

  • 20220311092352_1.jpg

    possible fix for chainsaw facecamping ?

    remove the chainsaw

  • @Laurie268 said:

    I played 5 games today after not playing for 3 weeks and 2 of them were bubba’s that facecamp. Bubba is a fun killer to play against but all games end up the same with a bubba camping a survivor at 4 gens because they looked at him funny.

    His basekit is fine but something has to be done about his ability to facecamp, especially when a survivor is hooked in the basement. Not even BT can save someone if the bubba doesn’t screw up.

    What bhvr could do is that if a bubba uses his chainsaw within 5 meters of a hooked survivor, they only lose 1 healthstate so hooked survivors actually have a chance to play the game. Survivors would also not be able to abuse it because of the short 5 meter range. Thoughts?

    listen i play bubba camping when im really really bored i like to see trash talking kids in the endgame because in reality its not that bubba is good or that its an effective strat... The ONLY AND I MEAN ONLY reason it works is because you guys try to go for the UNHOOK!!!!

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844046#Comment_2844046

    There's plenty of times where survivors got greedy and gave me 2 hooks within 10m of each other. And what people basically want is you to give up all your pressure because it's "fun" for them and leave the hooks. Even though it makes no sense to, and they did it to themselves.

    I got a 4k when it should of been a 1k but they got greedy trying to rescue their friend on the hook. I was playing Oni on Haddonfield and they were all on 2nd hook state but their teamwork and being on that horrid map made getting last hooks nearly impossible. They got the exit gates open and I hooked one survivor that I knocked down onto a hook near a 99 door. I saw them at the other door that was spawned on the same wall but on the other end of the map. They all healed up and tried rushing the hook, I managed to injure them all. But while I was doing that one opened the exit door by the hook and tried one last rush. I grabbed the first survivor off the hook as I dropped her just in time to grab the 2nd one, while the third ran up to try and get the rescue only to have me smack her. In the end I hooked two and the Entity took care of the crawlers.

  • @Rooftopper said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CGMZARB3ESAJ/20220311092352-1.jpg

    possible fix for chainsaw facecamping ?

    remove the chainsaw

    noo billy!!! BHVR you monsteerss!!!! 😭

  • He need to traverse the map to find gas in order to use his chainsaw.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837823#Comment_2837823

    Well i am a little late to the party but maybe i misunderstand something or you should change the phrasing.

    Do you mean 12 meter around a hooked survivor or 12 meter around ALL hooks at any time?

    Because the latter would be insane. More than 50% of most maps would be blocked for killer powers and indoor maps would completely be M1 killer with 115/110% movement speed without powers.

    12m around a hooked survivor only; basement hooks and after fifth gen pop excluded. Exemptions could be made for non-lethal abilities (i.e. blinking, phasing, and performing a rush), a good counterpoint to my idea someone made earlier in the thread.

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837877#Comment_2837877

    There isn't enough time for three other survivors to do all gens and escape especially if the killer brought Deadlock + No Way Out to use with NOED (Also not enough time to cleanse all 5 totems to prevent NOED).

    Face camping with Bubba is the easiest way to guarantee zero effort kills that's why so many killers are doing it lately and it's why cannibal has such high kill rates but nobody wants to talk about all of that.

    Just do gens and leave 4head

    I honestly just play something else bcuz it seems like killers don't want you to even play the game anymore.

    They do, but they want to win. Players will resort to cheap and easy strategies to secure an advantage. Happens in every multiplayer game.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844361#Comment_2844361

    12m around a hooked survivor only; basement hooks and after fifth gen pop excluded. Exemptions could be made for non-lethal abilities (i.e. blinking, phasing, and performing a rush), a good counterpoint to my idea someone made earlier in the thread.

    Thank you for the clarification.

  • bubba is fine

  • Surprised some of y’all are saying this is fine.

    Being able to secure a guaranteed 2k (not 1) by virtue of just existing near a hooked survivor is not fine. It’s far too effective for what it is, especially against solo’s. Not OP, but just about the scummiest ‘legitimate’ thing you can do in this game. It’s a a stupid strategy that should not work as well as it does.

    This requires something hard too. Not an “incentive to do something else instead”. Facecamping bubbas will facecamp, to facecamp. No incentive in the world is going to change that. It will require something as punishing as moving the survivor or denying the power within range of the hook. Yes, a flat nerf, but I just don’t see any other way. This needs to stop, and it won’t stop otherwise.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I love how people in these forums get so touched about things like tbagging or flashlights but then when someone says that being able to stop the other side from playing the match because he got downed once by a Bubba the post gets bombarded with "this is fine". I don't know a single PvP game that you can stop the other side from literally playing the game by staying AFK for 2 minutes.

    If that bubba really was afk, you'd be able to unhook.

    And you can stop people from playing by not moving much in many games. Ever got tried going right in de_dust2 as ct and get instasniped through that gate?

    I wonder why only in dbd people complain about being eliminated in an elimination game.

  • No, he doesn't need a change...

  • facecamping bubba is a skilled play

1 2 ›