How is it that so many ppl seem to forget old Mettle of Men?

I just realized when it comes to "worst times of dbd" ppl have various opinions, some say it was when old Legion came out, some ppl say Halloween chapter with old DS, some even say when Spirit came out and she was busted.

But like.. did you guys forget how it was when Ash came out with Mettle of Men? You had every single lobby every single survivor using Mettle of men cuz this perk was that op and busted, you literally couldnt play any other Killer except Nurse, Legion or Huntress cuz these Killers didnt really used M1 hits so you could play around Mettle of Men.

I am still having nightmares of Mettle of Men to this day, Ash vs Evil dead was truly one if not the worst time in dbd by far, it was the most toxic and most unfun time in the whole life span of this game and I remember clearly how so many ppl where complaining and how many Killers quit playing because of this perk, myself included. I was even so done that I started playing Franks mixtape Legion only just to ######### up survivors and let them bleed out on the ground to show them how "fun" dbd was.

Comments

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835577#Comment_2835577

    I mained pre-rework Freddy and miss him, too :(

    It was really hard (in a fun way) at higher ranks when people would run in front of your sleep beam to take aggro, body block while they weren't asleep (causing strikes to go through them), win/lose the sleep timer 'mind games', and probably other nuances I've forgotten.

    He was basic/easy enough to play with a powerful slow down that came with a huge drawback (basically losing ~10% of a solo gen any time you wanted to engage with someone), but required BOTH the Killer and Survivor to know how to play around these unique strengths and weaknesses -

    The only real issue I could see with old Freddy was AFK Freddy....but with MMR that wouldn't matter, either.

    Raccoon, I cannot thank you enough. After all of those discussions, you don't know how good it feels to see a friendly and reasonable face <3

    And yes, I agree with everything you've said and more. I just wish everyone could see it.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835600#Comment_2835600

    Raccoon, I cannot thank you enough. After all of those discussions, you don't know how good it feels to see a friendly and reasonable face <3

    And yes, I agree with everything you've said and more. I just wish everyone could see it.

    I must admit...he is the reason I bought the game, so I am not unbiased (huge Englund fan....it was as close to a Freddy PC game as I could get....unrelated but I own ANoES on NES and C64 >_>)

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835605#Comment_2835605

    I must admit...he is the reason I bought the game, so I am not unbiased (huge Englund fan....it was as close to a Freddy PC game as I could get....unrelated but I own ANoES on NES and C64 >_>)

    I bought the ANOES DLC together with the base game, back in 2018.

    First killer I played.

    Good times.

  • All I know is I play games to have fun. Current Freddy is no where close to fun. Im betting a lot of people would have not asked for the re-work if they had known where he would end up today. If all you care about is 4k then you might like this version better. If you like a fun killer over winning or losing then it sounds like Old Freddy was better in this regard.

    This current add-on less bag of trash we have now is lame.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835438#Comment_2835438

    I agree, old MoM was busted. I do think they should lower it down to 2 protection hits instead of 3. They way overnerfed it.

    Honestly I think that would be abit strong though, but I do agree that 3 is also abit rough to make, but think that way, getting to take an extra hit is pretty damn strong so in the end taking 3 hits is justified imo.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    All I know is I play games to have fun. Current Freddy is no where close to fun. Im betting a lot of people would have not asked for the re-work if they had known where he would end up today. If all you care about is 4k then you might like this version better. If you like a fun killer over winning or losing then it sounds like Old Freddy was better in this regard.

    This current add-on less bag of trash we have now is lame.

    Well the thing is Freddy wasnt fun for either side (old). He had no power at all in chases, he was just a hit and run Killer just like wraith, the only difference is that you repair gens REALLY slow in the dream world which was really unfun in the part of the survivors. He just dragged out the game and it felt like a chore to play against him since he never is a threat really, more like just annoying.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835459#Comment_2835459

    Okay, I've played the old Freddy era. I still remember the feeling when I went against him. Easy.

    @Smoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835451#Comment_2835451

    Or maybe people just didn't enjoy playing a killer who had almost nothing going for him except maybe 2 things at most.

    Also it doesn't matter what a streamer says, people will still have opinions on killers that's different from theirs.

    @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835440#Comment_2835440

    oh man old Freddy, sry to say this but old Freddy was just upright bad 🤣 Current Freddy isnt much better though.

    You guys are trying to pick fights you can’t win. General has more input on old Freddy than any of you have put together. Trying to argue with him about it like you know more than him is like trying to argue with me about Spirit.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835467#Comment_2835467

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835454#Comment_2835454

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835442#Comment_2835442

    You guys are trying to pick fights you can’t win. General has more input on old Freddy than any of you have put together. Trying to argue with him about it like you know more than him is like trying to argue with me about Spirit.

    I am not trying to make fun of him or trying to pick up a fight here. I am just honest and also you cannot deny that a Killer with literally no Power except "stealth" cannot be good or strong, you can have as much experience as you want the Killer itsself will still be bad. I am not questioning the skill of players who like old Freddy but only because you like him doesnt make him strong. Keep in mind I am talking about if a old Freddy faced good survivors, I am not talking about survivors who just do dailys or challanges or just fool around, a efficient team that are aiming to escape will have an easy time against old Freddy.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835467#Comment_2835467

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835454#Comment_2835454

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835442#Comment_2835442

    You guys are trying to pick fights you can’t win. General has more input on old Freddy than any of you have put together. Trying to argue with him about it like you know more than him is like trying to argue with me about Spirit.

    Thank you, my friend <3

    You are absolutely correct. I may not be the best killer out there, far from it, but by the Entity I am dedicated to Old Freddy.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835652#Comment_2835652

    I am not trying to make fun of him or trying to pick up a fight here. I am just honest and also you cannot deny that a Killer with literally no Power except "stealth" cannot be good or strong, you can have as much experience as you want the Killer itsself will still be bad. I am not questioning the skill of players who like old Freddy but only because you like him doesnt make him strong. Keep in mind I am talking about if a old Freddy faced good survivors, I am not talking about survivors who just do dailys or challanges or just fool around, a efficient team that are aiming to escape will have an easy time against old Freddy.

    Well I know barely anything about old Freddy. Never got to play as him or against him considering I found the game a year after his rework but I know General and he’s a good friend of mine. I know how knowledgeable of old Freddy he is and I don’t think it’s fair to diminish his experience when he has put a lot of dedication into him.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835454#Comment_2835454

    Well, if you don't wanna go with Otz, then go with me.

    Go with someone who was more dedicated to that killer than anyone ever was and ever will be. Just ask around if ya doubt it.

    I can, without a shadow of a doubt, assure you that he was not the worst killer. Not even close.

    Not to throw my cents into this,


    but did you play other killers at the time, or was it almost exclusively Freddy? Because that changes the argument a hell of a lot.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835466#Comment_2835466

    Not to throw my cents into this,

    but did you play other killers at the time, or was it almost exclusively Freddy? Because that changes the argument a hell of a lot.

    I played a few other killers too, but mostly Freddy.

    I also played a bit of Bubba, Wraith and Myers. Of course, Freddy always took the spotlight, but those three were there too.

    EDIT: Huntress too! Forgot about her.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835670#Comment_2835670

    I played a few other killers too, but mostly Freddy.

    I also played a bit of Bubba, Wraith and Myers. Of course, Freddy always took the spotlight, but those three were there too.

    EDIT: Huntress too! Forgot about her.

    Spirit too :)

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835657#Comment_2835657

    Well I know barely anything about old Freddy. Never got to play as him or against him considering I found the game a year after his rework but I know General and he’s a good friend of mine. I know how knowledgeable of old Freddy he is and I don’t think it’s fair to diminish his experience when he has put a lot of dedication into him.

    Maybe it came abit wrong but I never intended to question his experience sry then about that.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835664#Comment_2835664

    Maybe it came abit wrong but I never intended to question his experience sry then about that.

    Oh it’s fine, I just know how General feels being a dedicated Spirit addict, so I need to call it out when I can. All is well though 👍

  • Seems like a time with DH and CoH.

  • It was rough for sure.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835679#Comment_2835679

    Oh it’s fine, I just know how General feels being a dedicated Spirit addict, so I need to call it out when I can. All is well though 👍

    Are you playing Spirit since release?

  • No like I said, I’ve been playing since June 2020. I fell in love with her August 2020 and have been dedicated to her since.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835733#Comment_2835733

    No like I said, I’ve been playing since June 2020. I fell in love with her August 2020 and have been dedicated to her since.

    Oh I have no clue about the dates and times, I might have to look them up. I mained Spirit too when she came out, I stopped playing her after they nerfed the post phase boost and wakizachi saya and then I switched to oni till now. I miss spirit but she really isnt fun anymore like she is now, she is ofc still strong but its just not fun cuz she feels way too clunky now compared to back then.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835745#Comment_2835745

    Oh I have no clue about the dates and times, I might have to look them up. I mained Spirit too when she came out, I stopped playing her after they nerfed the post phase boost and wakizachi saya and then I switched to oni till now. I miss spirit but she really isnt fun anymore like she is now, she is ofc still strong but its just not fun cuz she feels way too clunky now compared to back then.

    I guess but I can see through the clunkiness.

  • Oh, I have not forgotten the broken abomination that was release Mettle Of Man. It was either an intentional shameless money grab of a busted perk or the balance devs were completely out to lunch on that one.

    I was an M1 killer main at the time. Every lobby had insta heal medkits and Mettle Of Man. Every single lobby. It was terrible.

    CoH doesn't even come close to how broken Mettle Of Man was. At least there's a time investment on the survivor end and *some* counterplay for the killer. Mettle Of Man was a free health state and speed burst for playing the game and nothing else. And many killers had zero counterplay for it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Oh, I have not forgotten the broken abomination that was release Mettle Of Man. It was either an intentional shameless money grab of a busted perk or the balance devs were completely out to lunch on that one.

    I was an M1 killer main at the time. Every lobby had insta heal medkits and Mettle Of Man. Every single lobby. It was terrible.

    CoH doesn't even come close to how broken Mettle Of Man was. At least there's a time investment on the survivor end and *some* counterplay for the killer. Mettle Of Man was a free health state and speed burst for playing the game and nothing else. And many killers had zero counterplay for it.

    Well said, absolutely agree.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I just realized when it comes to "worst times of dbd" ppl have various opinions, some say it was when old Legion came out, some ppl say Halloween chapter with old DS, some even say when Spirit came out and she was busted.

    But like.. did you guys forget how it was when Ash came out with Mettle of Men? You had every single lobby every single survivor using Mettle of men cuz this perk was that op and busted, you literally couldnt play any other Killer except Nurse, Legion or Huntress cuz these Killers didnt really used M1 hits so you could play around Mettle of Men.

    I am still having nightmares of Mettle of Men to this day, Ash vs Evil dead was truly one if not the worst time in dbd by far, it was the most toxic and most unfun time in the whole life span of this game and I remember clearly how so many ppl where complaining and how many Killers quit playing because of this perk, myself included. I was even so done that I started playing Franks mixtape Legion only just to ######### up survivors and let them bleed out on the ground to show them how "fun" dbd was.

    Old Mettle of Man was rightfully nerfed immediately. There are still broken perks and now we have boons to deal with too, which haven’t been touched other than a meaningless slight nerf to heal speed on CoH

  • I mean I wasn't here when it was a thing. I've heard about it but I never had to deal with it.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Do you have even the slightest idea of how terrible it was to be a Freddy main against Old MoM?

    A killer that was all about control doesn't exactly should deal with a third, unavoidable health state.

    Old MoM is one of the two things from the past that I do not miss, which is saying something.

    Im intrested as to what the other one is. Old styptic/anti-hem, Old BNP, 6 blink Nurse?

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835440#Comment_2835440

    Im intrested as to what the other one is. Old styptic/anti-hem, Old BNP, 6 blink Nurse?

    Old Legion.

  • Ooh another good one. Just wondering when do you consider "Old" DBD because I assume you believe there was a point where the game was better than launch day?

  • If you would read the other conversations then you would know that I also disliked the spam hits.

  • Even survivors who were not heavily biased complained about MoM

  • Old MoM was only a problem because of instaheals. Otherwise, 2 protection hits back then was a fine activation condition. And I was gonna suggest reverting the nerf. But then boons came, so now if we were to revert the nerf, MoM would be OP again.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Old MoM was only a problem because of instaheals. Otherwise, 2 protection hits back then was a fine activation condition. And I was gonna suggest reverting the nerf. But then boons came, so now if we were to revert the nerf, MoM would be OP again.

    We mean when MoM came out. When it originally just came out with Ash the condition was to just get injured, after 3 injure hits you had MoM so basicly there was no counterplay to it, you just got a free healthstate every game without doing anything. Except if the Killer plays a insta down killer or a non basic attack Killer like Legion, Nurse, Huntress etc.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835957#Comment_2835957

    If you would read the other conversations then you would know that I also disliked the spam hits.

    It wasn't meant as a personal attack, I just love Cope's face when he gets downed

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835995#Comment_2835995

    It wasn't meant as a personal attack, I just love Cope's face when he gets downed

    I didnt took it like that dont worry just wanted to make my point. For some reason ppl think when you say "I like old legion" ppl instantly mean the exploits and spam hits without counterplay and its kinda getting tiresome.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I just realized when it comes to "worst times of dbd" ppl have various opinions, some say it was when old Legion came out, some ppl say Halloween chapter with old DS, some even say when Spirit came out and she was busted.

    But like.. did you guys forget how it was when Ash came out with Mettle of Men? You had every single lobby every single survivor using Mettle of men cuz this perk was that op and busted, you literally couldnt play any other Killer except Nurse, Legion or Huntress cuz these Killers didnt really used M1 hits so you could play around Mettle of Men.

    I am still having nightmares of Mettle of Men to this day, Ash vs Evil dead was truly one if not the worst time in dbd by far, it was the most toxic and most unfun time in the whole life span of this game and I remember clearly how so many ppl where complaining and how many Killers quit playing because of this perk, myself included. I was even so done that I started playing Franks mixtape Legion only just to ######### up survivors and let them bleed out on the ground to show them how "fun" dbd was.

    *Billy

    Nurse, Huntress, and Billy. Legion fed stacks because his M2 counted as a basic attack (and I think OG Legion was patched out by then)

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312798/how-is-it-that-so-many-ppl-seem-to-forget-old-mettle-of-men

    *Billy

    Nurse, Huntress, and Billy. Legion fed stacks because his M2 counted as a basic attack (and I think OG Legion was patched out by then)

    Nope OG legion was there and no his M2 didnt count back then as basic it got changed later.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2836176#Comment_2836176

    We mean when MoM came out. When it originally just came out with Ash the condition was to just get injured, after 3 injure hits you had MoM so basicly there was no counterplay to it, you just got a free healthstate every game without doing anything. Except if the Killer plays a insta down killer or a non basic attack Killer like Legion, Nurse, Huntress etc.

    That makes more sense now. So not even protection hits. If you just took a hit, that's a stack for you? Yeah, that's really dumb design, even for DBD standards.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2836379#Comment_2836379

    That makes more sense now. So not even protection hits. If you just took a hit, that's a stack for you? Yeah, that's really dumb design, even for DBD standards.

    Ye there was a huge drama back then going on cuz ppl said (which I mean is kinda true) that ash DLC was a easy cash grap, bringing out a complete busted perk which got nerfed then a few months later. It shouldve been nerfed way sooner but I guess BHVR likes to let ppl suffer a while. Like I am not exaggerating by sayign EVERY match had atleast 2-3 ppl using mettle of men, this perk made it impossible to play any other killer, it was so stupid.

    Many Killers myself included started playing extra toxic as a retaliation against MoM. Ppl brought only moris and (back then you could do that) infinit spammed mori on them and held ppl hostage like that just to annoy them. Killers led MoM players bleed out or played most disgusting builds possible like 5 blink nurse or Franks mixtape Legion or Iri huntress (old Irir with 3 hatchets). Like this time was truly the worst and most darkest time of dbd it was just crazy.

1 2 ›