How is it that so many ppl seem to forget old Mettle of Men?
I just realized when it comes to "worst times of dbd" ppl have various opinions, some say it was when old Legion came out, some ppl say Halloween chapter with old DS, some even say when Spirit came out and she was busted.
But like.. did you guys forget how it was when Ash came out with Mettle of Men? You had every single lobby every single survivor using Mettle of men cuz this perk was that op and busted, you literally couldnt play any other Killer except Nurse, Legion or Huntress cuz these Killers didnt really used M1 hits so you could play around Mettle of Men.
I am still having nightmares of Mettle of Men to this day, Ash vs Evil dead was truly one if not the worst time in dbd by far, it was the most toxic and most unfun time in the whole life span of this game and I remember clearly how so many ppl where complaining and how many Killers quit playing because of this perk, myself included. I was even so done that I started playing Franks mixtape Legion only just to ######### up survivors and let them bleed out on the ground to show them how "fun" dbd was.
Comments
seems like we're living in that time again with COH.
I think thats just an exaggeration, CoH isnt that bad and its not as op as ppl make it up to be.
Do you have even the slightest idea of how terrible it was to be a Freddy main against Old MoM?
A killer that was all about control doesn't exactly should deal with a third, unavoidable health state.
Old MoM is one of the two things from the past that I do not miss, which is saying something.
oh man old Freddy, sry to say this but old Freddy was just upright bad 🤣 Current Freddy isnt much better though.
I can prove you wrong with a single match, if BHVR listen to me.
I know that juggle and pressure build/playstyle but it still wasnt strong, it was mediocre at best.
Again, if BHVR decides to do the right thing, I will show you what that killer could really do.
I can help ya.
Old Legion main vs Old Freddy main - Battle of the titans
Not even wrong, he was generally considered the worst killer by many.
I actually know someone who played both of them 👀
Just lazy people who didn't bother to learn more about him.
Even Otz said so.
Old Freddy was fun and good. He needed some little buffs, that's all. He is boring now.
https://youtu.be/0OgCvfzNyHcGeneralV does not like some stuffs from old DbD, wow! Should we worry about apocalypse, friend? 🤔
Or maybe people just didn't enjoy playing a killer who had almost nothing going for him except maybe 2 things at most.
Also it doesn't matter what a streamer says, people will still have opinions on killers that's different from theirs.
Lol, old Freddy was the worst killer by far. Laughable actually.
There were just two things from the past which I did not enjoy, Old MoM and Old Legion, so it is all good.
The apocalypse is not coming yet.
Very incorrect opinion.
Showing footage of survivors that play mediocre at best against a experienced Killer who is also trying pretty hard to win isnt really a proper way to show or proof anything.
You could do some pressure with Freddy back then but if you had more then 5 brain cells you could easily reset without much issues. I met back then quiete a few old Freddy mains and me and my squad bullied them all, some even Dcd cuz they just couldnt keep up. If you have enough experience you can outweight his strategy rather easily. Not saying current Freddy is much better but old Freddy wasnt really a "hidden top tier killer" as some ppl make it out to be. its porbably just nostalgia.
true
Well, if you don't wanna go with Otz, then go with me.
Go with someone who was more dedicated to that killer than anyone ever was and ever will be. Just ask around if ya doubt it.
I can, without a shadow of a doubt, assure you that he was not the worst killer. Not even close.
Okay, I've played the old Freddy era. I still remember the feeling when I went against him. Easy.
Old Freddy was hit, leave, track style killer. I know this type killers have bad time because of current meta (CoH and Dead Hard) but he was okey. Freddy and Myers was reason i bought DbD and i played with both them so long. Myers, Freddy and Nurse was my mains at start. I bored with Nurse so fast but Myers and Freddy was always so unique and fun. I never had bad times with them. Sometimes i lost, sometimes i won. But i never bored or felt bullying by good survivors. If you know how to play old Freddy, you would destroy most of teams. I can see same thing for Sadako too, she has similar power and good teleport. Probably people who mastering Sadako will destroy survivors.
Well, so have I.
To believe the match was won the moment you saw him was a terrible mistake.
Please, just stop.
I've doing this for two years, I've dealt with enough already.
Please leave the Freddy talk for someone who truly understands him.
Oh man, I didn't think I'd miss pulling people into the dreamworld manually.
Yes, mettle of man is pretty useless now, it's just for fun, I even have an idea to make it more useful and less oppressive, I've also thought of a perk that could make it easier to activate it in matches, as I would need 2 perk slot for a function to work under specific conditions, I don't think it would be that strong, if you want to know how my idea would be just ask ;)
Those mindgames during the Transition though.
Most satisfying feeling in the world.
No, it wasn't actually. Because most of the times Freddy was a "free" escape. They all know that.
And you know what the worst feeling was as Freddy without NOED? There was nothing you could do.
You were not good with him probably. Because i won my most of games with old Freddy. He was high skilled killer. I mean you can learn his power so easyly but getting good with him was not easy. He was best mind-game killer.
Relying on NOED is just pathetic, and that goes for every killer.
I can safely assure you that there way WAY more a skilled Freddy player could do.
I just wish I could show you what I have to offer. What he had to offer.
Because you like playing as a killer who
Sorry, but that doesn't sounds like a fun killer nor a very strong killer to me, and many others didn't find him fun nor strong to play as either back then and that's just a fact, that's why there were alot of people asking for him to be reworked.
Also how dedicated you are to your killer doesn't change anything to me, i didn't like the iteration of his gameplay back then and that certainly wouldn't change for me now should they revert most of it to how it was.
So i'm afraid we're gonna have to agree to disagree on old freddy.
People can talk about freddy all they want, just because you're dedicated to him doesn't mean that it's for you to gatekeep who's allowed to talk about him or not.
That´s what I think, too. I actually appreciate the work the developers put into Freddy´s rework. However, I would have preferred if they took the concept of the new Freddy to a new killer and kept the unique playstyle of the old Freddy.
I played a lot Legion in his early days, but I felt kinda bad for the survivors. This killer was overperforming similar to "Mettle Of Man". I would still put old "Decisive Strike" to the list
Old Freddy was my first main killer and Im missing him a lot. When the devs announced his rework I played him only and the last day with him was really hard to me.
You're talking to someone who knows how to use pre-work Freddy.
Running a skill check Freddy was the best build. You can keep waking up with failing checks or you can take a damage state.
iirc, it also stretched the games out by alot aswell.
Definitely did even with the long snipe to dreamworld. Class photo with Nancy masterpiece was a good way to find people who aren't asleep.
Can't play Freddy now especially with the way he is now.
I always found those matches incredibly boring actually, It was frankly no better than playing against a forever freddy if you ask me.
I'm glad forever Freddy was nerfed especially with how the reworked went. Seeing chains with every thing regressed actions.
ikr?
Mettle of Man was 100% a cash grab...
There is no way....no possible way....that the design team thought it was a healthy perk.
I never like running that build cause of how boring it seem. I rather run a pallet build with him especially considering blood favor worked with fakes.
It is not a matter of gatekeeping.
Say, imagine you are in a school, and you wish to learn geography. You can talk to every single student if you want to, and they will have their own points to discuss, but the best approach is to talk to a geography teacher, because they are the ones who studied and dedicated themselves to the subject.
I am not a top tier player, nor one of the best killers around, but I am dedicated to Freddy. Just ask around.
I was merely asking OP, in a comment that was not directed towards you, to leave the talks about the subject to me because of this very reason.
EDIT: As for your first comment, we may agree to disagree.
I will press that particular matter no further.
I still remember the day he got reworked.
Worst DBD day I've ever had.
Thanks <3
You strike me as extremely biased toward the old, so forgive me for being skeptical of you being the most reliable source of information on the matter. :P
I agree, old MoM was busted. I do think they should lower it down to 2 protection hits instead of 3. They way overnerfed it.
My love for the subject doesn't make me blind to its flaws, TAG.
Flaws that I myself pointed out and came up with ways to fix, I might add.
Ehhhh, I'm not sure I am convinced, admittedly. But I respect your opinions on the matter nonetheless.
Very well, then. I do not need your trust, nor do I want it.
Respect towards other opinions is more than enough.
No, not even close
I mained pre-rework Freddy and miss him, too :(
It was really hard (in a fun way) at higher ranks when people would run in front of your sleep beam to take aggro, body block while they weren't asleep (causing strikes to go through them), win/lose the sleep timer 'mind games', and probably other nuances I've forgotten.
He was basic/easy enough to play with a powerful slow down that came with a huge drawback (basically losing ~10% of a solo gen any time you wanted to engage with someone), but required BOTH the Killer and Survivor to know how to play around these unique strengths and weaknesses -
The only real issue I could see with old Freddy was AFK Freddy....but with MMR that wouldn't matter, either.