Voting: Who think killer is to easy now
Type "1" if you think killer is to easy now
Type "2" if you think killer is balanced
and tell us, what you play: Killer, Surviver; Both
I´m first,
1, Killer
Type "1" if you think killer is to easy now
Type "2" if you think killer is balanced
and tell us, what you play: Killer, Surviver; Both
I´m first,
1, Killer
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You're a survivor main salty because a killer owned you. You were so upset about it, you decided to come to the forums, create an alt account and make this post.
classic 1-post
killer
3 killer is too weak
i think i gave a normal answer
i voted for 3 killer is too weak and stated im a killer main
1+2=3
I vote 3 too
Doesn't add the option "3" for people thinking killer is too hard like a boss.
I'd take 3, prefer killer but play equally.
The question is to play as Killer, not against.
Yes, people understood the question. Are you going to keep ignoring the answers you don't like?
I play both.
3 = Most killers are still underpowered
Nurse is broken, and Hillbilly is the most well-balanced killer in the game. All the rest need work.
For the most part, killers are still at a disadvantage verse good survivors.
So yeah.
Btw, my answer:
4 - forums too hard
I play forum main
(though mostly I'm playing killer cause I'm tired of dc'ing teammates and camping killers)
and killers are still too weak? seriously? I main pig and I consistently get 3k-4k without items, and playing pretty relaxed.
(mind you, I'm only rank 10, but still... seems a bit too easy when I barely have to try as killer and have to work my ass off just to die as survivor.)
killer is easier depending upon the map, loop, gen, and pallet spawns divided by how many survivors are competent swf.
1, killer is way too easy. Escape rates are less than 40% on every map. Most of my killer games result in 3-4 kills high rank. That odd 4man swf coordination is like 1/100 games play.
Neither 1 nor 2 is the correct answer unless you're talking about variables then.
You can't ask if playing as a killer is easy or not since there's a huge gap between killers like LF and Billy.
Here's my answer though: 2, both.
I can see why people here think killers are underpowered. They won't be satisfied until they're 4king everygame with 4-5 gens remaining.
4 - most survivors suck creating the false feeling that playing killer is easy.
I play both and see it constantly even at high ranks. I don't know what happened or when*, but good survivors nowadays are really rare.
*Actually I have an idea: survivors were just boosted by some mechanics such as pallet vacuum and pallet towns. I think (/hope) in the future survivors will start to get better and offer a challenge.
Footage of you playing against a competent SWF?
Oh rank 10.... nvm, i can 4k pretty much every game there too if I want
Killers so far have not received any buffs to combat the problems that killers have (looping on coldwind for example) so nothing has really changed unless you're talking about a measly 4 sec increase in healing time.
i change my vote to
number 586896 cheese goes good with potatoes
I think Killer is easy. But it is fine because most killers don't know how to play the game so it balances it out.
leprechaun sausage main by the way
though if they make green baloney cottage shaped i may have to switch my allegiance to the purple spotted asshats
Killer is pretty easy. There are some hard and tense games now and again, but I tend to get 2k's at least, and mostly 3-4k's.
3
killers are still not in the power role they should be in.
nurse is the only exception.
I'm not an entitled killer or entitled survivor main so I'll say my honest opinion,
Killer is a 2
2, I've seen cases where the killer doesn't kill anyone, and where they kill everyone, so it takes a tad bit of skill. The hardest part is finding which killer suits you best.
1.
Have to go with the OP on this one. Doesn't matter if they are new or a Survivor main. Playing Killer now is a joke compared to 2016. Come at me.
according to the stats just released. It would seem like it's balanced. an average of half the survivors are killed per trial. And I would think that's about ideal. You wouldn't want 75-100% escaping, or dying on average. That's a lopsided stat.
That being said, there's definately work to be done. And I hear they are working on it, just slowly.
I also feel like they need to take another sample for that statistic, further away from events.
Speaking only from my own point of view (which is no more or less valid than anyone else's in this instance), if I knew only 25% of Survivors escaped, an escape would feel much more deserved and skillful.
I think you said that backwards, but I understood your meaning.
And I guess, and there is an arguement for it in an asymetrical game. But I think 50% is about right. it gives a good margin for skill. Average killers, or an average game, is 2 kills. That makes sense.
I did say it backwards and fixed it. 50% does make sense, but the problem with that flat statistic is that it makes a lot of assumptions about the state of the game. Chiefly, that ranks are the best indicator of skill and that everyone is trying to escape/kill.
I don't really think it says anyhting about the rank system, but I would concur that it requires that everyone be trying to escape/kill. But with a midling percentile like 50% the margin of error for "trolling" doesn't tip the scale in any one direction.
My guess is that people want this game to be Evolve or Friday the 13th. Where the monster was super OP. But we saw how well that concept works. They need to adjust how SWF groups can bully a killer/ gen rush and depip the killer. But the game is balancing out, and isn't in a horrible state. No matter how mad I get at some really lopsided mechanics in the game.
Evolve and F13th suffered from literally the opposite problem - the monster was too weak. Now, I've never played F13th, so that's just hearsay, but I did play Evolve. As Paladin Parnell, unless the monster player was an absolute god who could crush us in stage 1 (it happened, a friend of mine did it and completely dominated the entire match), I was able to go toe-to-toe with a stage 2 monster and be virtually unkillable. Even after he was nerfed, that didn't change much.
I play survivor 75% of the time and i play Very Well solo survivor (DS, flashlight, jungle Jim, looping, mind games etc.) and escape 1 match of 2.
I play killer Very badly/lowskilled and i still 3/4k every f**ing game. (Without purple broken add-ons).
And rank in general.
rank is irrelevant in this game. I face off against swfs with a red and 3 yellows and the red is the garbage player who cant loop.
Wow. Rank 20 killers must be living the high life these days. I mean ignorance is bliss.
How is rank 20 treating ya? lol
Those stats are not worth much.
DC = death (deranking, don't like the map, don't like the killer)
Remaining player after ragequits are also counted in.
Overaltruistic dorks turning a 1k match into a 3k match, because the yinsist to "leave no one behind", also count.
Those stats would be valid if survivor would actually NEED to survive.
I do wonder what the actual breakdown is and not guessing by either side, I want hard data such as.
What is the breakdown by rank.
By region
By time of day
Crashes during loading screen.
Crashes in game (i.e. the video card ones as an example)
Killers dcing during loading screen
killers dcing during match
Survivors quitting right before lobby locks in
Survivors quitting early
Survivors quitting sometime during the match.
Killers giving the hatch
Killers going afk to derank aka Bubba guarding the basement as an example
What time frame were the stats recorded
etc.
3, i play both. Playing dirty as a killer you can do 2K in a match, as a survivor just do gen while someone loop the killer, thats what you need to do for the win and thats all. By myself i do like 3 gens per match if the killer doesnt chase me. Gen Rush is a problem, SWF unbalanced, everyone can escape Revesing Rooks and Borrowed Time.
2~
I play 50/50 and I think both sides have up- and downsites, but the game is balanced in it's current state, besides some small things (both sides)
I'de also like hard data such as:
Average pips per game per mode (killer and survivor)
I'de like any instances of 3 person games, or other nonsense removed.
Essentially, i just want a better sample for the data.