1 rather unknown mechanic or interaction of each Killer which barely anyone uses/does
Meanwhile I am waiting for my games I decided to make a list of each rather unknown mechanic that I know of, maybe you also know some that you may wanna share? I would appreciate that!
Trapper: Iri stone addon doesnt reset a trap always after 30 sec if it has been disarmed or if someone stepped in. Each 30 sec a RANDOM bear trap activates. Which means 1 bear trap could stay disarmed for the entire game if you are unlucky.
Wraith: Shadow dance addon also increases your locker opening speed even though the addon doesnt has this in the description.
Billy: The scream that billy now does when you start sprinting (wasnt before the overheat mechanic) is a nerf for curv billys and it has way bigger impact on mindgaming than ppl realize. Very good survivors can therefore prepare for a curve if you try one even if you are behind a wall, you can also use this somehow as a bait if you are smart with it.
Nurse: Her blink attack is the ONLY one ability in dbd that doesnt count as a special attack (which it should). "Its not really unknown but still interesting".
Huntress: The lullaby stops every time the Huntress is in a chase which means she only has a TR, perks that give her Undetactable make then completely silent, you chase a survivor and lets say Tinkerer procs and you leave immediately the chase to get to the gen if it is close enough.
Myers: He can reach T3 7 times in a match if you stalked every survivor till their are fully red. There is no addon that can increase that, you can just increase the stalking speed itsself but it doesnt increase or decrease your amount of stalk you can gain per target.
Hag: The camera snap when you trigger a trap as a survivor was actually back then a bug but it was kept since it was a nice extra effect and kinda helpful in chases. (According to Mclean in one of his streams). This can also be used for mindgames but also to throw off a survivor in a chase.
Doctor: You can counter the shock blast of the doctor by going into a locker, you will not scream nor get any madness, this should be abit more known but for some barely any survivor uses that. Bonus: You dont have to shock every time on each pallet or window, most survivors predict that anyway, you can also just let go of the shock to not get slowed down as a "fake shock", most survivors will go for the vault very early trying to get over the window or pallet before the shock lands, use this as advantage and fake shock to get closer by not shocking, the shock slows you down way more than you realize.
Bubba: When you chainsaw around a corner you can instead of running with the camera forward as usual turn with your back (like a moonwalk) and therefore avoid the inconsistent corner hitboxes of object and reduce the chance of bumping at a loop dramaticly.
Freddy: The lullaby in Freddy's dreamworld will always be there, regardless if you are undetactable or not. (Tbh I have no idea what else, there is not much to Freddy xD)
Pig: You can hear the breath of the Pig pretty loud in her crouch mode but whenever she is normal her breath becomes very quiete, Pig is actually next to Legion the most silent Killer in terms of any sounds coming from her which makes her one of the best Mindgame killers since she is also small and silent just like Legion.
Clown: The gas spread is actually pretty well programmed and you can cover a larger area with 1 bottle by throwing a bottle on a higher position and letting it spread out in the air, for example most Clowns just throw down a bottle at the ground of a loop, however you should throw them on walls or trees next to them, same goes to jungle gyms.
Spirit: The Phasewalk sound used to be silent inside your TR of the husk, this whole thing got changed with her recent nerf. Once the Spirit is Phase walking the Husk immediately loses the TR and you hear now constantly the Phasing sound which is also now directional.
Legion: You can pick up survivors in FF just like Oni can with his Blood fury, you skip the Fatigue stun like that, imagine you have a slugged survivor somewhere, just run with FF to that guy if you want to pick him up, you are obviously faster in FF which saves you some time.
Plague: The hitbox of the vomit of Plague got changed. The amount of "hit box orbs" you shoot is reduced, which means if you make a stream from the left to the right you have bigger open spaces between the full vomit animation which is a nerf to Plague in a sense of you cannot now swing the camera that fast and hit easier everything, you have to be more accurate and move the camera more slowly, the chance that you miss a survivor even though your vomit physicly touches the model of the sruvivor is way bigger because of that.
Ghostface: Ghostface cannot be revealed inside not solid objects like corn or yamaoka bushes.
Demo: The killer instinct detection of activated Demo portals also goes through walls and slight elevations. Which means if you have a demo portal lets say on top of the hang man execution podeom in dead dawg saloon you still are getting survivors below it revealed.
Oni: Survivors dont drop blood orbs while you are in blood fury, many ppl still think they just become invisable, which is only true for already existing blood orbs, but injured survivors dont drop more orbs while you are in the blood fury.
Deathslinger: You can reel in survivors faster by holding S but also slow down the reel with W, you can kinda control the reeling better like that and drag survivors around objects like this, most deathslinger just hold s and sometimes survivors get stuck like that on objects which can give them a free chain break.
Pyramid: A tormented survivor will lose their tormented effect if he rescues a caged survivor. Bonus: You can rdy up your power while you fall down, you can like that do an insta hit right when the survivors gets his stagger.
Blight: You can increase the bump chance on inconsistent objects by doing a so called "shoulder bump" which means you flick the camera as far as you can to the left or right the moment you reach the object you want to bump on.
Twins: Victor can also block windows if you run too close just like a wraith. You can cuck many survivors like that, its abit inconsistent though but it is definitely a try worth in a few chases.
Trickster: Revival of edge album (Shatter knives) and cut through you single (Penetrating knives) are a really dumb combination, with 1 addon you want to hit on the ground or walls next to the target and with the other one you want to hit your target, they both counter each other out and should never be used together.
Nemesis: Zombies also get attracted to gens that explode because of perks like Surge, Erruption or Pain resonance.
Pinhead: You can also use the chain as a "scout" by just shooting randomly to a gen you want to check, you dont have to walk up like any other killer, make use of the camera while you control the chain and you have like that a bigger chance of detecting survivors.
Artist: A swarmed survivor will reset his "flapping" meter by vaulting or dropping a pallet, if you know he is about to finish the flapping and you see him running near a pallet, keep in mind he will only vault once he is done with it, not before. You can extend also therefore the swarm effect by forcing them to vault. Extra: If you used up 3 crows the cooldown of the power is exactly as long as it takes for a survivor to get rid of the swarm, you idealy want to hit them with 1 crow to swarm them and then hit them with a 3 crow shot to injure them afterwards.
I know this was a long post puh, sry about that but I feel like these are things that I see way too rarely, many ppl know about most of the Killers just half of it and waste a lot of potential with them which is imo just sad to see, I wanted to share some of my knowledge but also maybe collect some new if anyone also knows some nice stuff.
*edit: a few hours later I found another hacker, man I am just very lucky!
Comments
For the Huntress fact, it only stops for whoever plays Huntress and whoever is being chased. If you are not getting chased, but someone else is, and you stand near Huntress, the lullaby will still be there.
"Wraith: Shadow dance addon also increases your locker opening speed even though the addon doesnt has this in the description."
Nope, it does not do that anymore.
Trickster´s shatter and pierce addon used to work together doing 150%, there was an oversight in which the blades could still shatter after the piercing.
Nemesis zombies will also react to the sound of gens being worked on nearby--they don't enter "chase," but they do move towards them. I don't know if this is the same for healing, totems, and chests; nor do I know if perks can effect this.
A different Pyramid Head fact:
Using your power while on a slope down achieves nothing, but using your power on flat ground which then slopes downwards means your power follows the terrain and does damage downwards, which can be used to great effect in Basement or on Swamp.
Demogorgon's FOV increases when his Shred is ready. It's not by much but it's there, making Demogorgon the Killer with the biggest FOV (I think)
Demogorgon's Shred is the fastest attack in the game, moving at 18.4 Meters per second
Nurse: most players will try to cancel their blink by blinking into the floor. You usually lose a massive amount of distance when you do this if the survivor is paying attention (they usually aren't, but whatever).
What you can do instead is simply hold the blink and back up. Nurse is a projectile with a lunge at the end of it. You can aim slightly down at an object near the survivor to cut the distance down or back up to max range. Keep the survivor on your screen and you have them zoned.
Hey I always thought it was Nurse at 333% but no you're right, Demo takes the crown twice by moving at 460% during Shred and 500% while Upside Down lmao
I can add a few Legion ones. Honestly if there's one killer where I've run into the most people who just don't get it, it's Legion.
Biggest one is that a pallet stun is actually much shorter than Frenzy's fatigue state and kicks Legion out of their power. So, if you stun a Legion in Frenzy who was planning on cancelling Frenzy on you, you're actually helping them.
Second biggest one is that while Frenzy is active, Legion holds their knife above their head in a reverse grip similar to Myers in tier 3 and their breathing also gets significantly louder and more ragged. If they're in this state... you do not need to use Dead Hard. Ever. You aren't going down.
Unless they're trying to knock you out of your power to keep you from finding one of their teammates, which is the only valid reason (that I know of).
Demo's FOV increase is the same as TIER III Shadow Born, so around 15°, Legion also has the same FOV increase while in Feral Frenzy.
With Kindred, you can actually tell whether the spirit is phasing outside of the range of kindred. If she’s inside the range, her husk will have an aura. If she’s outside of it, it will not.
No one beats Demogorgon
I barely notice the FOV increase, probably because of how big Demogorgon's paws are
Sure, and I've had some people who were the first in my frenzy chain pull that off. But if you aren't the first... I'm perfectly happy eating the pallet stun and chasing you. I've also had far more Survivors than I can count mess that up. Throw the pallet before I've hit them and before I've even activated Frenzy and then I just activate it, vault, and stab them.
Also Demo fact that I think is kinda well known, but I mention it anyways, because most Demo's I played against don't use it:
Shredding from a hill or any other elevation gives you so much more distance than just walking.
Hovewer, Shredding from an elevation doesn't seem to ever hit a Survivor, I guess because the Hit Box of it is around Demo's arms and not his legs.
I was more making light of when one should Dead Hard a Legion stab, but fair enough!
You can hit a survivor from a hill, but getting the timing down is atrocious.
Oh oops. I misunderstood you then. My mistake. Though I will say that if you're already injured with deep wound then there really isn't a point. Legion can already hear your friends and probably isn't going to swing at you again... and yes I have had Survivors use Dead Hard in that situation.
Pouncing with Victor off an elevation will grant the same effect as with Demogorgon
Trickster has a lullaby, but apparently only in a ring around the edges of his TR--if you are undetectable, it will sound like you're leaving as you get closer.
Know what screw it I have a couple more.
Specific killer interactables, such as Pig Boxes, Freddy Clocks, Onryō's TVs, or even Pyramid' s cages, will spawn where Chests will. This can be used to varying effect on different killers, naturally, with the knowledge best served on Pyramid Head.
Pyramid Head's cages also have a built in timer, and if you remain too close for the duration of this timer then the cage will teleport to the current furthest away spawn, pausing the sacrifice timer in the process. If you play smart, you can force a survivor to run across the entire map only to send the cage right the way back. With Ruin, the effect can be devastating to team progress.
Nemesis' whip has a hitbox that pushes forwards. If any collision gets in the way of this hitbox, even if it is then clear on the other side again and in theory a whip over an object should hit, it will not go over the object. Looking up as Nemesis seemingly raises the height of the tentacle and so can allow for better hits over objects provided you know where the survivor is as they likely won't be on your screen.
A survivor who has the Endurance Status Effect, either through Soul Guard, Borrowed Time, or Mettle of Man, will not be put to sleep if hit by Freddy while they are awake.
Trapper has a grace period on his traps and, provided he doesn't leave the hitbox of the trap, can walk all over a trap for as long as he needs without being trapped himself.
I'm pretty sure your Myers fact is incorrect. Basekit Myers should be able to get to Tier III up to 7 times, if I'm not mistaken. With certain addons, however, it takes more stalk points to get to Tier III for the first time, so in those cases, your maximum number of Tier III's would be fewer.
You're absolutely correct on that, I can't believe I missed that mistake when looking through the tips
I actually didn't know that Freddy fact, that's really neat!
I'll throw in another: Trapper and Hag have their hitboxes move back slightly when they place traps--this means that clever players can bait a pallet drop (or, in one memorable instance, a Head On) and doge what could/should have been a stun
Feels bad that they fixed that, guess opening lockers was just too strong :/
Legion has a bigger FOV in FF, its almost like shadowborn but not sure about the exact numbers.
I love to do that its really fun! Especially on very high buildings like iron works or the new map
I've already been informed about Legion having a bigger FOV during Feral Frenzy, but thank you for reminding me of Legion's existence
You can neither look up or down while you pull your tentacle as nemesis, I made this experience and got blinded like this xD
I am pretty sure regardless of which addon you will reach only 4 T3's but I may have to test that out, maybe they changed some stuff after the addon number changes who knows.
Sry then, Legion isnt even a Killer at this point really xD but well we will get a "rework" soon I guess, I dont have much hopes tbh.
really? i tried and got some slight elevation
It has nothing to do with your camera, the tentacle hitbox is like doctor's, it also injures if the target is slightly higher then you, works for example on swamp at those edges you know where the ground is a slope.
Nurse: Her blink attack is the ONLY one ability in dbd that doesnt count as a special attack (which it should).
Why should it count as a special, exactly?? It's not like she can get M1 attacks (in general) any other way, given that she's literally slower than survivors!! Forcing it to be "special" indicates she can rely on the normal use of her power and thus make use of a whole host of perks that trigger on this... which is simply not the case.
So, would love to hear a well thought out and considered argument for why her blink attack should be considered as a special, the same as other killers whose specials supplement their basic attacks.
Nurse is already with her ability the strongest Killer in the game, why should she need support from exposed perks like noed or starstruck? If you didnt know starstruck nurse is absolutely busted.
If you run Dark Devotion as Doctor when the Obsession has the terror radius attached to them and you are undetectable if you use your blast it will shock those around the Obsession since that is where the terror radius is. Haven't tried this myself but heard Almo mention it on stream. He mentioned maybe it'd work with Starstruck too since that is based off terror radius not distance from killer.
You can get m1s without her power, you just have to be incredibly clever--however, I'm sure they mean that Nurse's power-assisted m1 should be considered "special" for terms of game consistency. They aren't wrong that Nurse gets a lot of effects that other killers don't using their powers--Blight's rush attacks (for example) are special attacks, and shouldn't trigger things like the Exposed status--it would be insane if they did.
Would you be amenable to the idea of Nurse getting her hits differentiated if she got some of her joke add-ons replaced with old!Nurse add-ons? I probably would take that trade, but I'm curious to know how others feel.
@BenZ0, The Shape can tier up eight times maximum in a match, which comes out to a total of seven T3s, this is something that I know for the purpose of grinding out The Shape's unique achievement.
Another fun fact! All killers have the same base carrying speed! This means that Nurse actually moves faster than normal when carrying survivors
The reel speed is the same regardless of whether you are holding s, w or nothing. But I usually still angle and walk backwards to slide them off surfaces they might catch on to.
ye I think I worded that wrong, I know about this. What I mean is sometimes you want the survivors to come towards you slower so you can walk around an specific object, I guess its really hard to explain this situation in words.
Nurse: Her blink attack is the ONLY one ability in dbd that doesnt count as a special attack (which it should). "Its not really unknown but still interesting".
Wraith out of cloak lunge.
Spirit out of Haunting.
(I want to say Blight but I think its a special attack)
Also:
NURSE: After blinking, the Nurse used to have a special attack with different speed values and detection zones. This has been removed. The Nurse will now have a regular lunge after blinking.
Wraith and Spirit just get a movementspeed boost after their power, it isnt therefore a "special attack" like a blight rush or nemesis tentacle hit.
Yes you can argue that the nurse blink counts as a "movementspeed" ability but like lets be real, would it hurt nurse to not use noed or starstruck? These perks both are pretty busted on nurse and shouldnt be able to work with her power, I mean look at legion, legion got exactly that nerf but nurse didnt why?
It would be more than insta down affected. Perks like Sloppy would be useless or any other status effect.
That makes no sense. Nurse's blinks don't make her the strongest killer. Being able to attack after a blink makes her a strong killer, except for the fact that that's literally the only way she can get attacks anyway (aside from edge cases).
You've made a completely nonsensical argument here, and didn't even address my original question.
BTW, Starstruck isn't activated on attack. You might want to check your dbd knowledge.
You can get m1s without her power, you just have to be incredibly clever
Or lucky that survivor fall for whatever tricks you want to pull with PWYF or otherwise. I'd love to see you pull off a match and get legit kills without blink-attacks
I'm sure they mean that Nurse's power-assisted m1 should be considered "special" for terms of game consistency.
Yes, that's what they mean, because certain perks won't trigger on special attacks, they only trigger on basic attacks. However, Nurse has the exception here, literally because she cannot get basic attacks like the other killers. The entire basis of her ability is that she makes the attacks after a blink, so to categorise this as special for the perks would essentially negate her ability to use all of them.
They aren't wrong that Nurse gets a lot of effects that other killers don't using their powers--Blight's rush attacks (for example) are special attacks, and shouldn't trigger things like the Exposed status--it would be insane if they did.
Last I checked, Blight is literally a 115% killer. And last I checked, 115% is more than 100%, which means Blight can literally chase down a survivor without using his power. It's completely within his means.
Whereas Nurse is actually slower than survivors. She cannot chase them down (unless you use perks and play in a very specific manner, and even then it's not consistent). Ergo, the only way she can make attacks is via the blink, which is why they're considered the same as basic for the perks. I don't see the problem here other than "waah, nerf Nurse!"
Sloppy in 2022? LOL
*Edit: Its obivously meant as a joke, I do get your point but I still believe it isnt fair that nurses blink attack counts as a basic M1, in that case Legions FF should also be reverted as a M1.
You are trolling right? 😂
I see I tested it now and ye you can look up slightly with the tentacle but not down though (I am used to look down if someone wants to blind me). However for in my tests atleast you dont have any difference in your hitbox with the tentacle, keep in mind that on most objects survivors can avoid a hit by just crouching (its abit inconsistent though). Also the height of the object is important, if its too high then the whip doesnt go over.
Spamming M2 really quick as Demo. The animation looks hilarious from Survivor PoV. I never see it.
Well, I tell you what. Play a game with Nurse where you only blink and do basic attacks (i.e. no blink attacks), and then let's see how strong you are.
You are absolutely thinking about this (and taking this, and going about this) the wrong way.
I want you to play a game with Nurse--doesn't matter what add-ons you use, use the best for consistency--and I want you to use the best perks you can without using a single perk that triggers on an M1.
I'm thinking that your performance won't change all that much if you're a half-decent Nurse player.
Unless, of course, you're just complaining to have something to complain about. Yes, Blight has 115% movement speed; he just goes zoom. Nurse ######### teleports.
Keep in mind thatsheused to be 115% speed as well.Then again, others bring up a fair point in that they're are other killers with power-assisted M1s other than Nurse, so I'm not that hung up over it.
You are absolutely thinking about this (and taking this, and going about this) the wrong way.
You're sure I'm the one taking it the wrong way... because I came up with a reasoned argument as to why Nurse's blink-attacks shouldn't count as specials being as they're the only way she can get attacks??
I want you to play a game with Nurse--doesn't matter what add-ons you use, use the best for consistency--and I want you to use the best perks you can without using a single perk that triggers on an M1.
I'm thinking that your performance won't change all that much if you're a half-decent Nurse player.
And that changes the point, how exactly?? My (or anyone elses) ability to play Nurse has absolutely no bearing on whether she blink attack should be special or not. The determining factor has to be some objective measurable metric based on killer (i.e. the character) ability. And Nurse has no ability to chase survivors down for a standard M1, unlike literally every other killer.
Unless, of course, you're just complaining to have something to complain about. Yes, Blight has 115% movement speed; he just goes zoom. Nurse ######### teleports. Keep in mind that she used to be 115% speed as well.
Ah, see, this just shows you haven't got a clue what you're talking about whilst saying I'm thinking about it the wrong way.
Yes, Blight has 115% movement. That means he can literally chase a survivor down and hit them **WITHOUT USING HIS ABILITY**.
Nurse CANNOT do that! She CANNOT chase down survivors because she's literally slower than them!
Ergo, you cannot equate Blight's lethal rush attack with a Nurse blink attack, despite the speed of movement, etc. I'm really struggling to understand how you're failing to see the point so spectacularly.
Keep in mind that she used to be 115% speed as well.
Oh really?
Well... checking the Wiki, it seems the first change to her was in Patch 1.1.2 where she was nerfed from 100% movement to 96.25% movement.
When exactly was she 115%, and why is that relevant at this point?
Ah, you're going out of your way to misunderstand the argument, got it.
Nice b8, chum.
Edit: Actually, I'm going a step further.
I want you to say outright that you think Nurse should be able to down survivors in one hit. That's all you have to do: just admit it, and nobody will make fun of you for it.
Because that's the argument that you're deliberately ignoring. It's not about getting hits without teleporting all game, you absolute goose.
Don't pretend it is.