Do you think they will buff or nerf Sadako

20220218_020215.gif

When they look at the Ringu chapter and decide to throw some changes at Onryo do you think they will be buffs or nerfs?

I think they'll nerf her because current game status DBD is survivor sided.

Comments

  • Depends on what the feedback is like in a week or so.

    I do think they'll buff her, but they will be cautious with it. They'll take buff her a small bit and maybe revisit her in either the next mid chapter or the mid chapter after the next chapter.

  • The broad consensus is she’s on the weak side so I seriously doubt the data will indicate she’ll be nerfed. They’ll either leave her alone or buff her. And if they buff her my guess would be they’d reduce the TV cooldown time since doing that would both help keep her teleporting the whole game and increase the rate survivors build up Condemned status.

  • Maybe they will nerf her most useful addon (condamnation ?) and buff her stupid useless on (blindness or meme addon) Like they did with Pinhead and Nemesis.

    I think she need to gain a speed-boost after she de-manifest and not after a teleportation...It would be too similar to Spirit, i know...

  • Buff hopefully. Otherwise I don't ever plan to play her.

  • I think she'll ship as is.

  • She needs a buff, so nerf. They dont really know what theyre doing. I am sure there are statistics that will tell them shes op.

  • If she gets a "PTB to Live" change, I'd assume it would probably be a buff? But it's also possible they want to monitor on live before they commit to a change at all.

    Unlike Artist, there isn't an obvious thing that needs nerfing that I've noticed, so I doubt it'll be a nerf.

  • Simple buffs/nerfs won't change her in any meaningful way.

    She already looks like a snore fest to me. I like her design and looks but her power is lacking/unoriginal. She needs a little bit of rework to appeal to me.

    I know some people like her and that is fine. I don't mind m1 killers, I play them. I just don't feel that sadako stands out in any way compared to them.

  • I can't really think of any reasons why she would receive a nerf. She'll most likely get a buff, if anything.

  • There is not any reason to nerf her. She needs buffs and probably she will get buffs. Like PTB version Ghostface and Trickster.

  • I'm not sure. So far I hear people asking for buffs, but in personal experience and seeing some bids she 3-4ks quite easily, yet is also easily bullied.

  • If somebody finds something passably useful in the PTB, they'll nerf it before release, just like Artist's idle crows. Otherwise, I see no historical evidence that they will buff her in PTB based on overwhelming player responses that she feels very weak, has nothing to deal with the ample tools at survivors' disposal, and her power is severely lacking across the board in every way.

  • @Adjatha said:

    If somebody finds something passably useful in the PTB, they'll nerf it before release, just like Artist's idle crows. Otherwise, I see no historical evidence that they will buff her in PTB based on overwhelming player responses that she feels very weak, has nothing to deal with the ample tools at survivors' disposal, and her power is severely lacking across the board in every way.

    Artist needed nerf, you can't be serious lol. Her birds created lose or lose station on PTB. And after nerf, she is still so strong and she still has lose or lose power. Holding w is only option against Artist.

    Sadako is different. She is weak. So i doubt she will get any nerf.

  • I mean... they'll probably buff some aspects and nerf others

  • @Adjatha said:

    If somebody finds something passably useful in the PTB, they'll nerf it before release, just like Artist's idle crows. Otherwise, I see no historical evidence that they will buff her in PTB based on overwhelming player responses that she feels very weak, has nothing to deal with the ample tools at survivors' disposal, and her power is severely lacking across the board in every way.

    Artist's idle crows on the PTB absolutely warranted nerfing, and they were by no means the only "passably useful" part of her kit even then. There's no such cheap nonsense in Sadako's kit that I'm aware of, so therefore there's no obvious nerfs that'd be warranted.

    Maybe I missed something there, but I somewhat doubt it.

  • Don't think she will be nerfed. I agree with what some others say (buff the speed boost after teleporting) but outside of that think it would be too early for anything else. I feel like this killer is on the fence to be great....at the same time on the fence to be C-tier. So too many buff/nerf put them to far in one direction. I personally don't think she is weak but also don't think she is S tier. So just some minor tweaks should be good.

  • She's going to get a buff and 2 nerfs

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I mean... they'll probably buff some aspects and nerf others

    This is actually a good point. If she DOES get a buff, they will almost certainly tie it to a nerf as well. Just like how they improved Trickster's power, but then took away a ton of his knives. Or Wraith's cloaked speed was increased, but the delay on his uncloak increased. Or how they buff a killer's worst addons, but nerf the best / most-used addons at the same time, just because they can (lookin' at Demo, Twins, Pinhead, etc).

    I still don't think they'll actually buff her before release. But when sales numbers are way below what they wanted, and the stats come back to show just how bad she is, they MIGHT buff her with a bonus little 'kick-in-the-teeth' nerf included. Something like "decreased the time tvs stay off when you teleport to them, but also removed 2-3 tvs from every map."

  • @Adjatha said:

    If somebody finds something passably useful in the PTB, they'll nerf it before release, just like Artist's idle crows. Otherwise, I see no historical evidence that they will buff her in PTB based on overwhelming player responses that she feels very weak, has nothing to deal with the ample tools at survivors' disposal, and her power is severely lacking across the board in every way.

    Ghostface literally existing

  • They do practically nothing till next 3 months or so.

  • She is in a really bad spot right now, which means BHVR is gonna give her the thumbs up and ship her as is.

  • @Adjatha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816710#Comment_2816710

    This is actually a good point. If she DOES get a buff, they will almost certainly tie it to a nerf as well. Just like how they improved Trickster's power, but then took away a ton of his knives. Or Wraith's cloaked speed was increased, but the delay on his uncloak increased. Or how they buff a killer's worst addons, but nerf the best / most-used addons at the same time, just because they can (lookin' at Demo, Twins, Pinhead, etc).

    I still don't think they'll actually buff her before release. But when sales numbers are way below what they wanted, and the stats come back to show just how bad she is, they MIGHT buff her with a bonus little 'kick-in-the-teeth' nerf included. Something like "decreased the time tvs stay off when you teleport to them, but also removed 2-3 tvs from every map."

    Yea... I feel the same way... Especially cause it's a licensed chapter

  • I hope they will buff her. Her power doesn't do anything unless a survivor is holding a video tape and she doesn't do well in chases.

  • I'd like to see hook states remove a condemnation slot....

    IE - If you've been hooked 1x, you only need 6 stacks....2x, you only need 5.

  • Theyll probably ship her as is but give her a few minor tweaks, shes probably gonna receive a good chunk of changes in the next mid chapter

  • there will be nerfs (NO COUNTERPLAY threads are already incoming)

  • I think she needs more time to be properly tested so I think she'll not get any changes for 2 weeks after being released.

    I'd say she'll get a slight buff but nothing crazy. I don't agree with the idea that her mori ability should get too many buffs since it shouldn't be something that happens often. Maybe something small like getting hit shortly after teleporting will grant 2 stacks instead of 1 is the only thing I'd agree with.

  • They should buff her but knowing BHVR they might nerf her cause of some survivor bullshit.

  • "Well according to our statistics she's actually in a pretty good spot, we will nerf her most useless add on however because only 1 person has played with it, and since he got a 4K it technically has a 100% kill rate. Also we buffed blight again and now twins players have IEDs sent into their mailboxes because their kill rates are too high at top mmr."

  • @Shaped said:

    Simple buffs/nerfs won't change her in any meaningful way.

    She already looks like a snore fest to me. I like her design and looks but her power is lacking/unoriginal. She needs a little bit of rework to appeal to me.

    I know some people like her and that is fine. I don't mind m1 killers, I play them. I just don't feel that sadako stands out in any way compared to them.

    Her animations are cool I give them that

  • They should buff her, but I seriously have no idea what this dev team will do, anymore.

  • Her power is just so boring you just become wraith with Freddy and spirt passives, her condemn is weak only situation it’s probably good at is when solo q survivor 3 gen themselves near a tv and you have anti gen perks and spam teleport to farm stacks. They probably just gonna give her wraith lunge after manifest and nerf her addon lol.

  • I would hope that they don't nerf her, that's for sure!

  • My guess is she’ll end up releasing as-is and she’ll get a buff later down the road. There’s no reason to believe she would be nerfed at all.

  • I would be SHOCKED if they buffed her. That doesn't necessarily mean I believe they will nerf her, but if I had to put money on one or the other, obviously I would bet on nerf. Like, what kind of fool would look at all prior balance changes in the past year and bet on a buff? No offense intended, but I highly recommend that person never bets on anything.

  • They shouldn't need to make any rash decisions. Killers haven't learned and figured her out yet.

    With a teleport that puts Freddy to shame, slowdown perks will be overly oppressive.

  • Absolutely unviable at high level, but she'll probably get nerfs anyway.

  • Extremely minor buff in one aspect, sizable nerf in the other.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    They shouldn't need to make any rash decisions. Killers haven't learned and figured her out yet.

    With a teleport that puts Freddy to shame, slowdown perks will be overly oppressive.

    How do you explain the differences in their ability to teleport?

    Freddy only needs to wait 45 seconds and he can go to any gen. Sadako has to wait over double that time, 100 seconds.

  • I think she'll receive buffs and nerfs but the buffs are gonna be so minor that it won't really change much.

  • I think there should be more of a punishment for holding a tape and not putting it in the designated tv. That or make it so when you teleport to a tv the range for condemned is increased to 24 meters and maybe more depending on testing.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2817884#Comment_2817884

    How do you explain the differences in their ability to teleport?

    Freddy only needs to wait 45 seconds and he can go to any gen. Sadako has to wait over double that time, 100 seconds.

    When I watched gameplay, she was teleporting on demand. I never noticed a 100 second delay.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821412#Comment_2821412

    When I watched gameplay, she was teleporting on demand. I never noticed a 100 second delay.

    Yes.

    After she teleports, that TV goes into a 100 second cooldown.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821446#Comment_2821446

    Yes.

    After she teleports, that TV goes into a 100 second cooldown.

    Can she teleport to a different TV?

  • She teleports to different TVs and has an addon that switches them back on, i think when she hits someone or so. Watch Coconuts video.

  • Yes, she can still teleport to other TV's.

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    odds are nerf

    Finally she get little buff.

  • Still wait buff again.