Petition to killswitch the Raccoon City Police Department

Since the RPD library has two hooks now upstairs and the killer can bodyblock the stairs to prevent any unhooks, I think it's time to killswitch this map.

Comments

  • No. Just don't go near the library.

    And if a killer brings agitation iron grasp and a badge, then their intent to camp could have been done in the basement too in any map with bubba.

    Get over it

  • @CrashMADDS13 said:

    No. Just don't go near the library.

    And if a killer brings agitation iron grasp and a badge, then their intent to camp could have been done in the basement too in any map with bubba.

    Get over it

    The library is in the center of the map. You can't bodyblock basement entrances, the devs have had their history in making sure that things like that are not possible. I don't think it's a matter of "getting over it"

  • They didn't kill switch it with Boil Over exploit, they won't kill switch it with their ill thought out band aid patch.

  • Here here! Along with impossible to cleanse totem spawns now, something ought to be done about it. Here's one example from another user, impossible to cleanse.

    https://i.imgur.com/4xzta0H.png


  • The fact that they haven't disabled this map already is unacceptable. You have a body blocking exploit as well as uncleansable totems.

    Please get it together BHVR

  • I wish RPD would get deleted period.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I wish RPD would get deleted period.

    Seems unlikely, but we can try to keep finding reasons to killswitch this map again and again.

  • @Rivyn said:

    They didn't kill switch it with Boil Over exploit, they won't kill switch it with their ill thought out band aid patch.

    But one can still hope.

  • @CrashMADDS13 said:

    No. Just don't go near the library.

    And if a killer brings agitation iron grasp and a badge, then their intent to camp could have been done in the basement too in any map with bubba.

    Get over it

    Survivors 'abuse' boil over: 😭😭😭😭 nerf the perk game is unplayable we can't hook in rpd library

    Killers abuse library top hooks: 'get over it'

    The hypocrisy is real. Why didn't you just 'not chase a survivor in the library' too?

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807544#Comment_2807544

    Survivors 'abuse' boil over: 😭😭😭😭 nerf the perk game is unplayable we can't hook in rpd library

    Killers abuse library top hooks: 'get over it'

    The hypocrisy is real. Why didn't you just 'not chase a survivor in the library' too?

    Why do you assume those 2 populations are the same people?

  • @BirdSpirit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807639#Comment_2807639

    Why do you assume those 2 populations are the same people?

    Because by checking his comment history you don't even need to look far, just Ctrl + f the word "boil" and you'll see literally what I typed in the first page.

    I was just pointing out HIS hypocrisy

    Also notice how in my first post I said 'abused' for the survivor part, while I just typed abused for the killer part. That's because survivors weren't abusing anything, the perk was designed that way and it was being used as it was meant to be. Killers on the other hand are ABUSING something that they should not be able to do: blocking a staircase (something that bhvr tried really hard to stop already with basements. Remember when dead dawg saloon and blood lodge were actually kill switched because if it?)

  • Killers complain about RPD for... The Boil Over perk getting changes... Unavoidable Pallets...

    Survivors complain about RPD for... 2 Hooks placed in the library that can be Bodyblocked... uncleanseable Totems

    Both sides complained about RPD for tight corridors....Dead ends

    So yea let's Killswitch this map untill everything is fixed

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807544#Comment_2807544

    Survivors 'abuse' boil over: 😭😭😭😭 nerf the perk game is unplayable we can't hook in rpd library

    Killers abuse library top hooks: 'get over it'

    The hypocrisy is real. Why didn't you just 'not chase a survivor in the library' too?

    Your associating 1 person with the entirety of killer mains, thats unfair.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807544#Comment_2807544

    Survivors 'abuse' boil over: 😭😭😭😭 nerf the perk game is unplayable we can't hook in rpd library

    Killers abuse library top hooks: 'get over it'

    The hypocrisy is real. Why didn't you just 'not chase a survivor in the library' too?

    That not hypocrisy. Boil Over use was intended. Hooks being blockable is not intended (thats why those hooks were removed before).

  • Killswitch wont cut it, just delete the map from the game. Capcom retiring the license cant come soon enough...

  • Remember when RPD was disabled for like a month+

    Can we go back to those times?

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807639#Comment_2807639

    Your associating 1 person with the entirety of killer mains, thats unfair.

    Again, I wasn't generalizing killer mains, I took his own version of the comment and used it in his own way against him. I was replying to him specifically

  • @ObservantOfTime said:

    Here here! Along with impossible to cleanse totem spawns now, something ought to be done about it. Here's one example from another user, impossible to cleanse.

    https://i.imgur.com/4xzta0H.png

    That one totem is just playing hard to get. SheΒ΄s shy after the whole Autohaven totems moved out of their hiding spots.

  • I mean if it is killswitch worthy why didn't they killswitched boil over.

    likely not happen.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807544#Comment_2807544

    Survivors 'abuse' boil over: 😭😭😭😭 nerf the perk game is unplayable we can't hook in rpd library

    Killers abuse library top hooks: 'get over it'

    The hypocrisy is real. Why didn't you just 'not chase a survivor in the library' too?

    Im pretty sure that comment is satire as many survivors say something very similasr to what he said, cuz if its not sarcasm thats a yikes, but im pretty sure hes just saying a killer version of what some people said during the boil over fiasco specially with the "if a survivor has boil over you should know they intend to use it so you should just not go near library".

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807544#Comment_2807544

    Survivors 'abuse' boil over: 😭😭😭😭 nerf the perk game is unplayable we can't hook in rpd library

    Killers abuse library top hooks: 'get over it'

    The hypocrisy is real. Why didn't you just 'not chase a survivor in the library' too?

    To be honest I feel like he's mocking the survivors who said exactly what he said when people complained about Boil Over.

    I personally saw the survivor version of that quote on nearly every single thread Fix Boil Over I saw before Boil Over got fixed.

  • @fulltonon said:

    I mean if it is killswitch worthy why didn't they killswitched boil over.

    likely not happen.

    Well, that's not really the same thing. In an attempt to fix the issue with boil over they made it arguably worse, making the killer able to force a kill if they bodyblock the stairs similarly like they used to be able on some of the other maps basement entrances. On top of that, there are also some uncleansable totem spots on that map, all in all disabling the map would be the best choice.

  • @Krimbar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807766#Comment_2807766

    Well, that's not really the same thing. In an attempt to fix the issue with boil over they made it arguably worse, making the killer able to force a kill if they bodyblock the stairs similarly like they used to be able on some of the other maps basement entrances. On top of that, there are also some uncleansable totem spots on that map, all in all disabling the map would be the best choice.

    It's not like this can take the game hostage though. I don't think it's worse than survivors living forever.

    Could get a fix in next chapter or something, but I doubt it gonna be killswtiched.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807775#Comment_2807775

    It's not like this can take the game hostage though. I don't think it's worse than survivors living forever.

    Could get a fix in next chapter or something, but I doubt it gonna be killswtiched.

    Yes, but until they fix it, it's 100% exploitable and can ruin peoples matches. That's why they should just killswitch the map, to prevent any of that until it's all fixed.

  • @Krimbar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807784#Comment_2807784

    Yes, but until they fix it, it's 100% exploitable and can ruin peoples matches. That's why they should just killswitch the map, to prevent any of that until it's all fixed.

    But only thing they killswitched till now is nurse which literally broke game and a map that is on rework.

  • This whole map is a mess. It just needs to be killswitched and reworked.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    I'm not saying this isn't a problem and RPD doesn't need fixed in so many ways. Because it does.

    I however DO find it by hilarious that people had NO problems abusing boil over in this spot. But now that something can be abused against survivors at this spot, and how unfair it is. It's a problem πŸ˜‚

    I just want to say, that I made this post as a Killer player. I think both the boil over issue and now the blockable staircase issue are both ridiculous. The current staircase issue just seems a bit worse, since it doesn't require a specific build or setup to work and also isn't intended in any way.

  • With how much they've disabled RPD since it's release less than a year ago I don't see them disabling it again unless the map causes full on crashes.

  • Killswitch is going to be the meta term around here I can see πŸ˜’

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807544#Comment_2807544

    Survivors 'abuse' boil over: 😭😭😭😭 nerf the perk game is unplayable we can't hook in rpd library

    Killers abuse library top hooks: 'get over it'

    The hypocrisy is real. Why didn't you just 'not chase a survivor in the library' too?

    The issue is that the Devs don't THINK about things before they bandaid fix it....the new Hooks are a case in point......Boons.....another case of not thinking or caring about their players base.....I think they didn't expect the game to grow so popular and now they are struggling to balance it with all the new perks and spices that they add in.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807791#Comment_2807791

    But only thing they killswitched till now is nurse which literally broke game and a map that is on rework.

    A map that is the 2nd worse map in the game 3rd is The Game with all it's pallets.....

  • @Krimbar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807808#Comment_2807808

    I just want to say, that I made this post as a Killer player. I think both the boil over issue and now the blockable staircase issue are both ridiculous. The current staircase issue just seems a bit worse, since it doesn't require a specific build or setup to work and also isn't intended in any way.

    Idk, I feel like a game being able to be held hostage seems a bit......worse at least imo.

    Then again I admit I'm biased, I hate boil over.

  • Doesnt the library have two entry/exit points? If you're 2v1 against the killer then I'd say the game is already lost. With 3 people it shouldn't be an issue because there are 2 paths into the library

  • @ukenicky said:

    The fact that they haven't disabled this map already is unacceptable. You have a body blocking exploit as well as uncleansable totems.

    Please get it together BHVR

    Almost like unsnuffable boons

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    Doesnt the library have two entry/exit points? If you're 2v1 against the killer then I'd say the game is already lost. With 3 people it shouldn't be an issue because there are 2 paths into the library

    No I don't think so, I tested it myself. It's not about the doors leading into the library it's about the upstairs area. There is only one staircase going up and the killer can bodyblock it completely. If the killer knows about it and exploits it, you're just dead if he catchtes you anywhere near the library, which can be very common.

  • @Krimbar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2808297#Comment_2808297

    No I don't think so, I tested it myself. It's not about the doors leading into the library it's about the upstairs area. There is only one staircase going up and the killer can bodyblock it completely. If the killer knows about it and exploits it, you're just dead if he catchtes you anywhere near the library, which can be very common.

    Is this the upstairs library area? I can see that being blocked. I thought for sure there were 2 paths into the main library area because one leads to the main area balcony

  • As a killer i understand the survivors frustration as you could probably understand ours when boil over was abused in the library. I think if a killer really wants to abuse camping or blocking in certain place the killer doesnt need RPD for it. Certain perks and certain killer will make sure you get camped or bodyblocked no matter where you go.

    Its up to you if you go close to that place.

    Now this being said i hate RPD let's get rid of it! As a killer i just want to afk the whole match when im sent there

  • @Hannacia said:

    As a killer i understand the survivors frustration as you could probably understand ours when boil over was abused in the library. I think if a killer really wants to abuse camping or blocking in certain place the killer doesnt need RPD for it. Certain perks and certain killer will make sure you get camped or bodyblocked no matter where you go.

    Its up to you if you go close to that place.

    Now this being said i hate RPD let's get rid of it! As a killer i just want to afk the whole match when im sent there

    I don' really understand the argument "just don't go near it". so it's okay for people that don't know about it to just die due to horrible map design that allows ANY killer to bodyblock the stairs, making these 2 hooks unreachable for their teammates?

  • @Krimbar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2808661#Comment_2808661

    I don' really understand the argument "just don't go near it". so it's okay for people that don't know about it to just die due to horrible map design that allows ANY killer to bodyblock the stairs, making these 2 hooks unreachable for their teammates?

    I didnt say it was ok. I said if Bubba wants to camp..Bubba will camp no matter what. Should they fix it. Absolutely. I think the library is useless room in that map and it should just be a room where you cannot go. Whole map has too many useless rooms and dead ends that needs fixing.

    Most survivors know where the library is though and avoiding it is your best bet FOR NOW. If you get killed there you know not to go there next time. Until this map gets fixed or wiped from the game completely (which is my hope)

  • Yeah. I mean it was already killer sided.. finding gens is impossible.. and they have made it even more killer sided with the new hook placement in the library.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2808718#Comment_2808718

    I didnt say it was ok. I said if Bubba wants to camp..Bubba will camp no matter what. Should they fix it. Absolutely. I think the library is useless room in that map and it should just be a room where you cannot go. Whole map has too many useless rooms and dead ends that needs fixing.

    Most survivors know where the library is though and avoiding it is your best bet FOR NOW. If you get killed there you know not to go there next time. Until this map gets fixed or wiped from the game completely (which is my hope)

    Alright. This is not the same as a camping bubba though. I just want this map killswitched, because of some personal reason like the absolutely horrible design and layout, but also now since there are actual exploits on that map.

  • Call me crazy, but I don't mind RPD, I honestly think Badham is worse, I dread Badham every time I load in. Cause there are 5 different versions, I always get lost, Atleast RPD is always the same other than some pallets and gen spawns.

  • @Hannacia said:

    As a killer i understand the survivors frustration as you could probably understand ours when boil over was abused in the library. I think if a killer really wants to abuse camping or blocking in certain place the killer doesnt need RPD for it. Certain perks and certain killer will make sure you get camped or bodyblocked no matter where you go.

    Its up to you if you go close to that place.

    Now this being said i hate RPD let's get rid of it! As a killer i just want to afk the whole match when im sent there

    Depends on what Killer I'm playing....if it's Billy....I'll just sit at a exit gate waiting to open it for the Survivors when they are ready...

  • @BoriskyTheFox said:

    Yeah. I mean it was already killer sided.. finding gens is impossible.. and they have made it even more killer sided with the new hook placement in the library.

    I don't care about this or that sided argument at all. The map is gorgeous, but terrible for gameplay for both survivors and killers. It seems like every month there's another issue with the map, I'm already placing bets on what issue is going to crop up in the PTB with the new killer and perks. The way to "fix" the map is by removing a whole bunch of tiny rooms with not much in it, widening the corridors, and increasing the available ambient light. Hawkin's had it right as far as an indoor map goes. I can increase my brightness using filters, but people playing on console don't have that luxury. I'm still not sure how pitch black corridors with nothing but a few red lumps is acceptable. Doorways are unnecessarily narrow. Far too many rooms that turn into death traps once entered. Awful pathing to get from one side of the map to another, or from one level to another. Yeah, faithful adaption for sure, but not suited for a game like DBD.

    And the bugs and exploits just keep coming. Nurse gets disabled because she gets stuck mid-animation, but RPD is here to stay with uncleansable totems and the best spot in the game for facecamping without actually facecamping. Pretty good job so far.

  • Yes plz just delete this map. While visually it's amazing, but game play wise it's the worst map ever. Thanks to a certain poster and YouTuber I've now been able to dodge the map completely without playing it or getting a dodge penalty. With or without the map offering.

  • @CrashMADDS13 said:

    No. Just don't go near the library.

    And if a killer brings agitation iron grasp and a badge, then their intent to camp could have been done in the basement too in any map with bubba.

    Get over it

    I hope you're just trying to be the anti of the people who were equally dismissive of the complaints around boil over but you are acting like a child it's easy to recognize it's a problem so why stoop to those you found annoying before, makes no sense. Be better.

  • @Rivyn said:

    They didn't kill switch it with Boil Over exploit, they won't kill switch it with their ill thought out band aid patch.

    it's so ironic after them getting backlash for them calling the perk tier removal a bandaid fix than doing this stupid #########. I swear they operate like a company that has zero effective leadership

  • "Yes."




    -Fred Fredburger

  • I like to play RPD from time to time. Since RPD doesn't spawn often and players don't use his offering, it's very refreshing when I play it.

    The map looks like a piece of visual art to me and yes it is very complicated, but it is also very different from all the other maps.

    It seems to me that the more maps there are the more variety there is in the game so I hope they don't remove any more maps and I would also like them to add new maps more often.


    It's very curious that no one ever talked about the RPD library until Boil Over was buffed.

β€Ή 1 2