2 downs (w Corrupt and Ruin up) and still lost a gen 50 seconds in.......

Can someone please advise me how I could have performed better here? 2 downs with corrupt/ruin up and still lost a gen. Make it make sense please and thank you.

*Edit: For those that are unclear: the purpose of this post is to discuss how the average killer (I am above average so this is not about me) is supposed to keep up. I 4ked this match. My concern is for less experienced killers and why they would want to deal with the pressure of starting off losing the match and not being able to do anything to stop that early pressure.

https://youtu.be/pxCBPx1H2g4


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • You are not meant to defend every gen, first three gens are almost always pop no matter how you play.

    As long as you are defending "important" generators, it'd be fine.

  • @fulltonon said:

    You are not meant to defend every gen, first three gens are almost always pop no matter how you play.

    As long as you are defending "important" generators, it'd be fine.

    Imagine what happens when most survivors figure out that making the inner gens first results in a almost guaranteed escape. Since the killer can't defend spread out gens.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2802911#Comment_2802911

    Imagine what happens when most survivors figure out that making the inner gens first results in a almost guaranteed escape. Since the killer can't defend spread out gens.

    They will never learn. Don't worry about it.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    Can someone please advise me how I could have performed better here? 2 downs with corrupt/ruin up and still lost a gen. Make it make sense please and thank you.

    https://youtu.be/pxCBPx1H2g4

    Bullshit dead hard! also check out the David using no mither lmao

  • You have 2 people down and they did a single gen in <~80 seconds, that more than likely means no other generators on the map has any meaningful progress as the other 2 survivors more than likely double-teamed that gen (unless someone has stuff like a fat toolbox or in the no mither David's case, stuff like that + resilience or whatever)

    That's a very good start, once you hook the two downed players at most one gen will be getting worked on unless the other 2 just want them to die on hook.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    Can someone please advise me how I could have performed better here? 2 downs with corrupt/ruin up and still lost a gen. Make it make sense please and thank you.

    https://youtu.be/pxCBPx1H2g4

    I used an end game build with Freddy and gens got done quick. I still won at the end.....2 gens getting done early wont hurt you.

  • @fulltonon said:

    You are not meant to defend every gen, first three gens are almost always pop no matter how you play.

    As long as you are defending "important" generators, it'd be fine.

    Imagine a world where one survivor has to accept being on second phase 1 minute in no matter how they play. Would be dumb right? So why should killers just accept that they will immediately be on the defensive less than 1 minute into the game no matter how well they do? Lol.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2802911#Comment_2802911

    Imagine a world where one survivor has to accept being on second phase 1 minute in no matter how they play. Would be dumb right? So why should killers just accept that they will immediately be on the defensive less than 1 minute into the game no matter how well they do? Lol.

    That's literally facecamping lol

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/309845/2-downs-w-corrupt-and-ruin-up-and-still-lost-a-gen-50-seconds-in

    I used an end game build with Freddy and gens got done quick. I still won at the end.....2 gens getting done early wont hurt you.

    I still 4ked but that’s not the point. If I wasn’t as an experienced killer main I would have gotten steamrolled without being able to stop it. I find it problematic that we are just supposed to accept that 40% of gens will be done before the game even starts.

  • Only bad survivors are getting face camped one minute in. Heck, I refuse to camp those ones, actually. I pretend I am playing Bubba normal to bait an unhook so I do not need to wait the full minute to progress a hook state.

  • Unless you are bubba, if you hard face camp at 5 gens, you essentially guarantee a loss if the survivors don’t just throw themselves at the hook.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2802945#Comment_2802945

    Unless you are bubba, if you hard face camp at 5 gens, you essentially guarantee a loss if the survivors don’t just throw themselves at the hook.

    But you can guarantee that one person's death too.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    Can someone please advise me how I could have performed better here? 2 downs with corrupt/ruin up and still lost a gen. Make it make sense please and thank you.

    https://youtu.be/pxCBPx1H2g4

    Corrupt intervention doesn't stop survivors from working on gens that are not blocked off and Ruin doesn't regress gens unless you actively pressure survivors off of them.

    This isn't hard people

  • That's actually a really good start.

    2 downs for only one gen is insanely good early game.

  • Sometimes i wish i could yell at my teammates, that they should stop doing certain gens. Like, when i left a gen at 99% on purpose and then suddenly a wild survivor appears, finishes it and 3 gens us.

  • You do realize the game doesn't end when survivors do 1 gen, and that the first one is always the easier to complete, right?

    You basically have 2 hooks by the time the first gen pops, that's not ######### bad

  • The best thing you can do is to patrol more and dont let players sit on gens a good survivor will always lead you to a zone thats loopable so as to let gens gen done. Sometimes its imparative to practice hit and run tactics as well as slug with sloppythat way poeple are spending alot of time on healing and your gens can regress. That is of course you have one equipped the only time you can ever get a 4K and no gens done is if the survivors arent running any info perk and your insidious camping the basement

  • You are always going to lose 2-3 gens fast. No matter what. Survivors spawn all over the map so even corrupted can't always prevent them not to spawn next to a none corrupted gen. Thats something i think needs to be fixed. Survivors should all spawn together and not all over.

    Due to losing those gens fast in this game is why a lot of the killers tunnel too. They feel like they have no chance anymore which in some cases is true.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    Can someone please advise me how I could have performed better here? 2 downs with corrupt/ruin up and still lost a gen. Make it make sense please and thank you.

    https://youtu.be/pxCBPx1H2g4

    you're playing as freddy. go play nurse or blight then you'll have all the 4ks u need :)

  • Basekit Ruin and Corrupt for 5 minutes.

  • Wait… you got 2 downs in under 50 seconds and that’s a match that you want to complain about? Because you lost a gen?

    there is SO much wrong with this game. This is not an example for it though. Maybe it’s bad for the two survs that have to deal with two mates going down this fast. But this is not a bad start for the killer player.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2802940#Comment_2802940

    I still 4ked but that’s not the point. If I wasn’t as an experienced killer main I would have gotten steamrolled without being able to stop it. I find it problematic that we are just supposed to accept that 40% of gens will be done before the game even starts.

    You do realise how much you sound like a sore winner here, right?

    "I got a 4k, but it's bullcrap that the survivors stood a chance in the first place!"

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2802940#Comment_2802940

    I still 4ked but that’s not the point. If I wasn’t as an experienced killer main I would have gotten steamrolled without being able to stop it. I find it problematic that we are just supposed to accept that 40% of gens will be done before the game even starts.

    Survivors are strongest when the game begins. They have 4 people working on the objective, with the most resources available. Once one goes down, this goes from people on gens to 1/2- one on hook, one in chase, one on gen, one to save. This is where you begin to build momentum, eventually turning the tide of the game in your favour once one survivor dies, or snowballing so hard that even with 4 survivors alive you hit your pressure point of no return- survivors will have too few resources and too little time to complete the rest of their objectives.

    Remember, DBD is an asymmetrical game of attrition, where the balance of power shifts drastically from one side to the other over the course of the game.

    The only generators that matter are the final three.

  • The first Gens dont matter. You can expect them to be done fast, the first Gen(s) are the easiest to do.

    I also dont know why you even mention Ruin and Corrupt. If they are not near a blocked Gen when they spawn, Corrupt does not matter and if you dont chase them off a Gen, Ruin does not matter.

  • I just came back and checked the video again

    You are using Corrupt Intervention wrong. You start the match and go DIRECTLY towards the blocked gens.

    I get it, your Ruin was there and you wanted to check on it, but that way you are pressuring the gens on which the survivors are NOT able to work on, and that's the wrong use of Corrupt Intervention, because you leave the survivors free to work on the 4 other unblocked gens


    Still, you downed 2 survivors in 50 seconds there, so it wasn't a loss

  • @Lycidas said:

    I just came back and checked the video again

    You are using Corrupt Intervention wrong. You start the match and go DIRECTLY towards the blocked gens.

    I get it, your Ruin was there and you wanted to check on it, but that way you are pressuring the gens on which the survivors are NOT able to work on, and that's the wrong use of Corrupt Intervention, because you leave the survivors free to work on the 4 other unblocked gens

    Still, you downed 2 survivors in 50 seconds there, so it wasn't a loss

    But if you patrol unblocked gens, survivors gonna hide around.

    Finding survivor fast is most important thing of corrupt I think.

  • @Lycidas said:

    You do realize the game doesn't end when survivors do 1 gen, and that the first one is always the easier to complete, right?

    You basically have 2 hooks by the time the first gen pops, that's not ######### bad

    2 Hooks by the time the first gen pops? Are your survivors afk or something like that?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803089#Comment_2803089

    2 Hooks by the time the first gen pops? Are your survivors afk or something like that?

    If you have watched the video, you would have seen that the Survivors were not afk.

    I mean, I get it, you still want to claim that Killer is soooo hard, but this does not work if there is a video linked in OPs post.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803089#Comment_2803089

    2 Hooks by the time the first gen pops? Are your survivors afk or something like that?

    What?

    I was referring to the video, he got 2 downs when the first gen popped, that's why I was saying that it wasn't bad at all

    @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803142#Comment_2803142

    But if you patrol unblocked gens, survivors gonna hide around.

    Finding survivor fast is most important thing of corrupt I think.

    Sure, but if you patrol blocked gens, survivors are free to work on the unblocked ones, I was under the assumption that Corrupt was useful to help the killer by giving them less gens to check, and that finding survivors fast is usually the most important thing in a killer match regardless of your perks, right?

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803147#Comment_2803147

    What?

    I was referring to the video, he got 2 downs when the first gen popped, that's why I was saying that it wasn't bad at all

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803144#Comment_2803144

    Sure, but if you patrol blocked gens, survivors are free to work on the unblocked ones, I was under the assumption that Corrupt was useful to help the killer by giving them less gens to check, and that finding survivors fast is usually the most important thing in a killer match regardless of your perks, right?

    Right but thing is, corrupt is waste of a perk slot if survivor decide to hide for 2 minutes, so you have to pressure them within 2 minutes.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803147#Comment_2803147

    What?

    I was referring to the video, he got 2 downs when the first gen popped, that's why I was saying that it wasn't bad at all

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803144#Comment_2803144

    Sure, but if you patrol blocked gens, survivors are free to work on the unblocked ones, I was under the assumption that Corrupt was useful to help the killer by giving them less gens to check, and that finding survivors fast is usually the most important thing in a killer match regardless of your perks, right?

    Thats the "or something like that?" part of my question. I mean, those were terrible plays by both Bill and Feng. They had a jungle gym and ran both around a tree stump instead? Thats some mistakes survivors with less than 10 hours commit. No experienced survivor would pass on the chance of running the jungle gym.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803158#Comment_2803158

    Right but thing is, corrupt is waste of a perk slot if survivor decide to hide for 2 minutes, so you have to pressure them within 2 minutes.

    Yeah, Corrupt gets countered by hiding

    It doesn't mean survivors are hiding around the blocked gens though?

    Why would you patrol blocked gens risking both not finding survivors because they are hiding well/somewhere else AND giving them the opportunity to work on the other gens at the same time?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803147#Comment_2803147

    If you have watched the video, you would have seen that the Survivors were not afk.

    I mean, I get it, you still want to claim that Killer is soooo hard, but this does not work if there is a video linked in OPs post.

    You know, i would really like to have a productive discussion with you. How those survivors made rookie mistakes by ignoring the jungle gym.

    But then again, it only looks like you want to run a certain agenda here and are not interested in a discussion at all.

    Do you really think we need more "us vs them" bs?

  • You're not meant to prevent that. You're meant to replicate it.

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/309845/2-downs-w-corrupt-and-ruin-up-and-still-lost-a-gen-50-seconds-in

    Corrupt intervention doesn't stop survivors from working on gens that are not blocked off and Ruin doesn't regress gens unless you actively pressure survivors off of them.

    This isn't hard people

    Again missing my point. All the gen defense in the world + downing half the team in under 1 minute still isn’t enough to stop gens from flying early. That’s kind of crazy to me.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/309845/2-downs-w-corrupt-and-ruin-up-and-still-lost-a-gen-50-seconds-in

    you're playing as freddy. go play nurse or blight then you'll have all the 4ks u need :)

    I exclusively play Freddy and I win most of my games. The issue here isn’t killer my mains like myself. My concern is for the non-tryhards who play killer. How in the world do they keep up with the breakneck speed that survivors can do gens?

  • @Mooks said:

    Wait… you got 2 downs in under 50 seconds and that’s a match that you want to complain about? Because you lost a gen?

    there is SO much wrong with this game. This is not an example for it though. Maybe it’s bad for the two survs that have to deal with two mates going down this fast. But this is not a bad start for the killer player.

    No. I’m pointing out the fact that even with an amazing start, it doesn’t matter. I can only imagine what’s it’s like for inexperienced killers. But I guess on this forum, killers should just love losing 40%-60% of gens in the first 2 minutes with almost no way to stop it if the survivors are decent lol.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2802947#Comment_2802947

    You do realise how much you sound like a sore winner here, right?

    "I got a 4k, but it's bullcrap that the survivors stood a chance in the first place!"

    How often do you think the average killer gets 2 downs in the first minute? Rarely. How often does the average killer lose 2-3 gens in that time? Most games unless the survivors make a huge mistake early. It’s not about survivors not having a chance. It’s about how is the average killer supposed to have a chance when they more often than not will not have this kind of start or enough experience to bring the game back? And then people wonder why so many of the remaining killers just pick bubba and stand next to hooks lol.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803110#Comment_2803110

    No. I’m pointing out the fact that even with an amazing start, it doesn’t matter. I can only imagine what’s it’s like for inexperienced killers. But I guess on this forum, killers should just love losing 40%-60% of gens in the first 2 minutes with almost no way to stop it if the survivors are decent lol.

    That’s what matchmaking should prevent, but you are an experienced killer and you still got your 4K. It shouldn’t matter if you lost a few gens.


    on the other hand, you are kinda asking that survivors should not be able to progress their objective even if the killer gets fast downs. Maybe try to see it not only from your side.


    as I said, the game is flawed. Matchmaking isn’t working, game balance is trash. But your match is a good example for how it’s not that bad for killers because you can still very much have a successful match with losing early gens

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803156#Comment_2803156

    You know, i would really like to have a productive discussion with you. How those survivors made rookie mistakes by ignoring the jungle gym.

    But then again, it only looks like you want to run a certain agenda here and are not interested in a discussion at all.

    Do you really think we need more "us vs them" bs?

    The whole Thread is already "us vs them".

    And no, I dont think a productive discussion with you is possible. But luckily for you, your opinion is the majority in this forum.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803166#Comment_2803166

    The whole Thread is already "us vs them".

    And no, I dont think a productive discussion with you is possible. But luckily for you, your opinion is the majority in this forum.

    You could at least admit, that those survivors played terrible and are not a representation of how survivors usually play. At least my teammates don´t play like this.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803161#Comment_2803161

    Yeah, Corrupt gets countered by hiding

    It doesn't mean survivors are hiding around the blocked gens though?

    Why would you patrol blocked gens risking both not finding survivors because they are hiding well/somewhere else AND giving them the opportunity to work on the other gens at the same time?

    They will usually spawn on blocked gens.

  • 2 downs for 1 gen?

    Sounds pretty good to me when the usual start of a match is 1 down for 3 gens.

  • Corrupt doesn't affect any gens they work on. Ruin doesn't do anything to gens you aren't actively running at.

    1 gen in 50 seconds just means there were two people on one of those gens. Congrats.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803020#Comment_2803020

    Again missing my point. All the gen defense in the world + downing half the team in under 1 minute still isn’t enough to stop gens from flying early. That’s kind of crazy to me.

    And it isn't meant to. The way the game is currently "balanced" means you should expect to lose 2-3 gens before you can begin to swing the tempo

  • And they'll most likely find an unblocked gen to work on

    Waiting for 2 minutes hiding around a blocked gen doing nothing (unless in very specific circumstances) it's a detriment for survivors, especially at the start of the match

    Unless everyone manages to perfectly evade the killer for the whole 2 minutes you'll find yourself with 1 hooked survivor and no gen progress at all, so the best counter to Corrupt is:

    • Hide while looking for an unblocked gen
    • Start working on it
    • If chased, run towards the area that the blocked gens are in
    • If the killer keeps chasing you can rest assured you're not interfering with the other survivor working on the other unblocked gens
    • As soon as Corrupt ends, work on a previously blocked gen, because that's most likely to be part of a 3-gen
  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2802911#Comment_2802911

    Imagine a world where one survivor has to accept being on second phase 1 minute in no matter how they play. Would be dumb right? So why should killers just accept that they will immediately be on the defensive less than 1 minute into the game no matter how well they do? Lol.

    Cause thats basic game design. If you care about the first gen being done with two hooks, you should worry more about your gamesense.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803192#Comment_2803192

    You could at least admit, that those survivors played terrible and are not a representation of how survivors usually play. At least my teammates don´t play like this.

    You are pretty lucky if you can get decent teammates on a regular basis.

    My teammates would probably be in the Basement looting the chest and crouching full map away behind a tree while those two downs happened.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803208#Comment_2803208

    You are pretty lucky if you can get decent teammates on a regular basis.

    My teammates would probably be in the Basement looting the chest and crouching full map away behind a tree while those two downs happened.

    You play on EU servers, right Aven?

‹ 1 2