Wish everyone would just listen to me in regards to Spirit

I've played a few matches as her today and still am having so much fun with her. I win most games but I've 2k'ed a few because you just can't win them all. I still don't understand the sentiment that Spirit isn't good anymore.

I'm still very sad that I see her so rarely as survivor because the majority of the Spirit main community just quit. Just wish people would listen to me when I say that she's still good. Props to my 4 fellow Spirit enjoyers that stuck with her though!

"Please reunite with us ex-Spirit mains." -TheGannMan

Comments

  • No one likes Spirit. There i said it.

    From a sad, former Twins main.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    There is also the point that you are making your case in a forum with ... what? 100 regular users? 200 maybe?

    Forums in general are usually a very small part of any community and it's usually the most whiny side as well.

    This isn't just a case of you not being listened to. It's also that what you are saying just isn't reaching that many people.

    As for spirit herself there is also a case to be made about confirmation bias. Before the nerf you could see her 5 out of 15 for example. People hated going against her so every match they had was "ugh another spirit" and it latched into their brain that they see her constantly.

    Now you see her 3 out of 15 matches and you are remembering the 12 it wasen't more vividly.

    There certainly are less, i don't think it's that much less

    Maybe I should stream on Twitch then so I can spread it to more people.

  • @CrowVortex said:

    No one likes Spirit. There i said it.

    From a sad, former Twins main.

    Well I do…

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714384#Comment_2714384

    Maybe I should stream on Twitch then so I can spread it to more people.

    Yes, become the next big streamer.

    Spread the word of Rin

  • She’s still really good and I wish people still played her more. Lately I think I’ve played against billy more often than spirit and that’s saying something.

    I am glad to see someone who still enjoys her.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714358#Comment_2714358

    Sorry but I gotta disagree mate. She was nerfed but she is still one of the best killers in the game.

    I don't know how you can say she's "not worth playing". She's still in the top 5, in my opinion still top 3.

    People like playing killers that are easy to learn, with really good results. It's why a killer like Huntress is one of the most played killers at high mmr.

    The only killer that is difficult to learn, that people play is Nurse. The reason people learn her though is because everyone knows she's the best killer by a mile.

    Once again, totally off base. Huntress is one of the hardest killers to play effectively at high mmr. Spirit is nowhere near top 3 anymore.

  • People can listen to you but don't have to agree.

  • Agreed. Most of the ones who dropped her were probably overly reliant on the standstill "mindgame". She's still really strong. You just have to actually be able to play Spirit to do well with her. The problems she faces now have a lot more to do with Shadow Step/Iron Will than her nerf. She'd be totally fine iff they would actually fix Iron Will so survivors required oxygen like normal humans. But right now Iron Will users have otherwordly cardiovascular abilities and don't even breathe after running a quarter mile.

  • @Zozzy said:

    Went against my first spirit last week and all i did was stand at a pallet and stun her until she gave up... I don't get where this "takes more skill" argument comes from because the way people play spirit hasn't changed.. They still attempt to predict where i am running and meet me there. The problem is that i know exactly where she is so it doesn't matter. It is actually easier to track her in haunting then if she tries to mindgame out of it.

    Even if they fake one side and go around it doesn't matter because i can hear it.

    Camping the pallet comes with its own risks now if the Spirit actually knows what they're doing and fakes with the audio on the short side until you drop the pallet. Then it's pretty much a guaranteed hit because they have the speed burst out of phase while you're animation locked. It's kind of like how most solo teammates aren't great. Most killers....aren't great.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714447#Comment_2714447

    Camping the pallet comes with its own risks now if the Spirit actually knows what they're doing and fakes with the audio on the short side until you drop the pallet. Then it's pretty much a guaranteed hit because they have the speed burst out of phase while you're animation locked. It's kind of like how most solo teammates aren't great. Most killers....aren't great.

    I’ve been able to get many hits on survivors like that. It’s not immediately clear whether or not I’m going to bulldoze through the pallet or go around, which is part of the reason why the directional audio doesn’t make her “practically visible.” As you said, camping pallets adds it’s own risks against good Spirits.

  • After both their nerfs, Spirit has taken over the position of favorite chase killer from Deathslinger. I'm having a blast with her.

    I will say that hearing Survivors run through me is still weird.

  • I'm pretty convinced that anybody who says she is bad now just doesn't own headphones.

    Or how to mind game with the whoosh noises.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/301670/wish-everyone-would-just-listen-to-me-in-regards-to-spirit

    Majority of the spirit mains as you said, quit because they're shite and can't get easy wins anymore with a killer that literally had no counterplay. Now that they fixed her, these shitters probably moved on to Nurse. Such a shame.

    True, but the people who played Spirit for easy wins moved to Blight, not Nurse. The only reason they used Spirit in the first place is because Nurse was too difficult.

  • "A few games" well then play her more and tell us again how you feel

  • @BenZ0 said:

    "A few games" well then play her more and tell us again how you feel

    Dude I main her and have played tons and tons of games since her nerf. Probably have a 75%-80% kill rate.

  • Spirit is still good.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2715117#Comment_2715117

    Dude I main her and have played tons and tons of games since her nerf. Probably have a 75%-80% kill rate.

    ye but killrate doesnt mean fun, atleast not for everyone, I also used to main spirit (stopped her a year ago kinda) and I can ensure you that spirit used to be much more fun and smooth to play. Now she feels very slow and clunky, obviously already before this current nerf aswell.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714418#Comment_2714418

    I main Nemesis which is probably the easiest/chill killer to play, but I play Nurse when I need to get to Rank 1. Yes, ranks doesn't equal MMR but you need to win a lot of games to get to that rank which means your MMR increases. It took me, and I'm not lying, 30 minutes to be good with her with no addons. Maybe I'm just built different or more likely, she isn't as hard as people make her out to be.

    Ok but you can't base your ability as the base. I am the same I played about 3 games of her and I'm pretty good with her I hit blinks consistently but can still be out played. My biggest issue with survivors arguments about a killer been mindless when as a survivor you sit on a gen and hold one button and press another every once and a while that's mindless. Even most killers with a low skill floor takes more skill then survivors objective.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714422#Comment_2714422

    Ok but you can't base your ability as the base. I am the same I played about 3 games of her and I'm pretty good with her I hit blinks consistently but can still be out played. My biggest issue with survivors arguments about a killer been mindless when as a survivor you sit on a gen and hold one button and press another every once and a while that's mindless. Even most killers with a low skill floor takes more skill then survivors objective.

    Yea the survivor mentality makes no sense. Playing killer is incredibly more difficult than survivor. Yet killers need to “get gud”, while survivors hold m1 and mindlessly run tiles.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2715157#Comment_2715157

    Yea the survivor mentality makes no sense. Playing killer is incredibly more difficult than survivor. Yet killers need to “get gud”, while survivors hold m1 and mindlessly run tiles.

    It just bothers me that they act like you could pick old spirit and walk away for you gaming device and come back and you have a 4k. That spirit had to make reads, use her power at the right time ect....

    Imo survivor is definitely lest skilled role but not skilless.

  • Spirit became harder and people didn't want to adapt to that. It's easier to complain about how its somehow unfair that she was nerfed than pick her up and learn how to play her.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714286#Comment_2714286

    Let's keep things between us, don't tell anyone about MDR and DCB, okay? We don't need Stridor Spirit 2.0

    Or Nurses irri add one to be a 4.2 with 2 blinks. Literally easy mode

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714447#Comment_2714447

    Camping the pallet comes with its own risks now if the Spirit actually knows what they're doing and fakes with the audio on the short side until you drop the pallet. Then it's pretty much a guaranteed hit because they have the speed burst out of phase while you're animation locked. It's kind of like how most solo teammates aren't great. Most killers....aren't great.

    Lucky for me the map reworks removed most short side pallets and replaced them with safe tiles. She isn't that fast without using a specific addon.

  • @Vampwire said:

    Spirit became harder and people didn't want to adapt to that. It's easier to complain about how its somehow unfair that she was nerfed than pick her up and learn how to play her.

    She didn't become harder. They just made it take less skill for the survivors. Dumbed it down for them if you will because this community thinks a mind game needs visual and physical feedback with a guaranteed way to counter it.

    Again i didn't like spirit and don't care that she is seen 1/300 games now. but my god people need to stop saying she takes more skill and trying to hide the fact they dumbed her down for the survivors.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    I'm pretty convinced that anybody who says she is bad now just doesn't own headphones.

    Or how to mind game with the whoosh noises.

    I keep trying to unphase literally on top of people. Not sure what that says about my headphones, they should be good ones (open-backed headphones are also definitely comfy).

  • @GannTM said:

    I've played a few matches as her today and still am having so much fun with her. I win most games but I've 2k'ed a few because you just can't win them all. I still don't understand the sentiment that Spirit isn't good anymore.

    I'm still very sad that I see her so rarely as survivor because the majority of the Spirit main community just quit. Just wish people would listen to me when I say that she's still good. Props to my 4 fellow Spirit enjoyers that stuck with her though!

    "Please reunite with us ex-Spirit mains." -TheGannMan

    Count me on your tally as fellow Spirit fans. I've been one since day one and that hasn't changed since her nerf

  • I feel like BHVR overdoes it with the nerfs,

    if they wanted to remove her 50/50 mind game they could have just made her husk emit the noise instead of telling anyone with a good pair of headphones exactly where she is.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2715183#Comment_2715183

    She didn't become harder. They just made it take less skill for the survivors. Dumbed it down for them if you will because this community thinks a mind game needs visual and physical feedback with a guaranteed way to counter it.

    Again i didn't like spirit and don't care that she is seen 1/300 games now. but my god people need to stop saying she takes more skill and trying to hide the fact they dumbed her down for the survivors.

    Or just like


    any feedback.

    Literally anything at all.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    I feel like BHVR overdoes it with the nerfs,

    if they wanted to remove her 50/50 mind game they could have just made her husk emit the noise instead of telling anyone with a good pair of headphones exactly where she is.

    If Killers have powers that hide their location that actually hide their location, that's apparently horribly unacceptable. Freddy changes, Wraith being technically visible...

  • I never was really good with her but I can’t really tell a huge difference in how she plays since she was modified. I do love her chase music though. It’s my favorite now I believe.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    I feel like BHVR overdoes it with the nerfs,

    if they wanted to remove her 50/50 mind game they could have just made her husk emit the noise instead of telling anyone with a good pair of headphones exactly where she is.

    "instead of telling anyone with a good pair of headphones exactly where she is"

    The irony of that statement is palpable.

  • She sucks, Iron Will destroys her and that's on 3+ survivors in 90+% of lobbies

  • I play her hardly any differently from before quite often and I don't think my results are noticeably different. She's best girl so I will always be there playing her no matter how much whining BHVR gives into.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2715446#Comment_2715446

    "instead of telling anyone with a good pair of headphones exactly where she is"

    The irony of that statement is palpable.

    It does rather reduce her power to being mostly for chases. "I move fast and you can't see me" doesn't do all that much on the stealth department if you can hear her but she can only hear you if you do something. And then people run Iron Will, which negates it half the time anyway.

    Somehow, she got put into a state where her stealth ability gives Survivors more info than she gets. What.

  • I personally never played Spirit much due to her not having a great rep and being sound based in a game where sounds get bugged often, but I see why people stop playing her. She is still good but she can't beat a good swf anymore.

    What would be the point in trying to get everyone killed if you can't?

  • Because she truly isn't good. In high MMR survivors know how to track you and they just abuse pallets and windows. She's not even fun anymore because now survivors just pre-drop pallets and camp pallets and windows theres no more guessing from the survivor side and as Spirit you pretty much know where they'll be.

  • If people still think her fine and good to play, thats nice, and these people can still play her. But if other people dont share that point of view, they dont have to.

    Before, she was good in scenarios where other killers often sucked: against swf. Now, for the swf she is just another killer that can easily be looped for whatever time is needed.

    I bet if this game had a mmr that would factor in things like swf, she might be played more often.

  • @buzzaman said:

    Anytime BHVR nerf anything, no matter how insignificant the change is, people will stop using it for a while. Remember when no one used DS when it got changed a year ago? Now everyone is running it again. Its gonna be th exact same with slinger and spirit, they will make a comeback

    Spirit I agree with, but Idk about slinger.

1 2 ›