Killers dodge every lobby that contains SWF

It's not worth your stress. Play only against solo love y'all

Comments

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    Most issues people have with SWF could be solved if the devs just let people see who was SWF.

    No cause most would avoid them like the plague since at this time there isn't much countermeasure with dealing with them especially if you are someone just trying to get perks.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697783#Comment_2697783

    I don't see how that's my issue. People don't want to play against them. Why should you be able to force them?

    You can argue the same way around.

    Why should you force them to possibly dodged?

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697785#Comment_2697785

    I'm not sure how it's useless considering I use such info all the time when I check profiles and see someone is teamed. It would change quite a lot but I get SWF's really don't want it due to fear they'd have longer queues, which is of course not ok to them. "Mates chilling out" are still leagues above SWF because you can actually trust people you know. If my friend is teamed with me, I am fairly confident he will rescue people, rescue me, etc etc even without comms. With randoms I have never met, I know nothing about them and must play assuming they aren't going to do jack.

    What I'm saying to you is that you're assuming seeing someone is grouped actually matters- it doesn't, because solo survivors can absolutely pull off saves, efficient gameplay, good looping, even teamwork if they all know what they're doing, and that absolutely does happen.

    You shouldn't brace for a tougher match just because people are grouped, but more importantly from your perspective, you shouldn't do the opposite either. It's only really a very very vague indicator, if anything.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697750#Comment_2697750

    Immersednurse beats me to it.

    If they go around all that way, you WILL get a hit for sure.

    Why?

    Because they are not already on the other side by the time you go around to corner.

    Because they will wait till they see your red stain, then they start running.

    But as i and many others asked, show some actual gameplay and we can help you identify the problem.

    This is just constantly saying it doesn't work because this or that or whatever, without seeing some actual gameplay proving it doesn't work.

    If you are to scared to show or for whatever reason you don't want to, then that is fine too.

    But then we keep it at this as you refuse to take in any advice.

    You know there are two closed windows on the wall in the shack that allow survivors to see through them right? And yes survivors can get that many distance.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697787#Comment_2697787

    Punishing people for wanting to play the game with their friends is a horrible idea that will just turn away a large portion of players.

    Instead, the developers need to buff solo survivor to the level of SWF and buff killers accordingly to compensate - which is what they said they were going to do a while ago now.

    When did they say that? Every bit of feedback I've ever heard from devs/mods on this topic suggested they were trying to pretend the SWF power disparity didn't exist and they had no plans on addressing it.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697806#Comment_2697806

    They said it on one of the dev streams. Although this was probably a good few years ago now, I haven't watched their recent ones so it's possible their stance on the situation has changed.

    Like they were about to introduce a early game mechanic similiar to EGC?

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697750#Comment_2697750

    Immersednurse beats me to it.

    If they go around all that way, you WILL get a hit for sure.

    Why?

    Because they are not already on the other side by the time you go around to corner.

    Because they will wait till they see your red stain, then they start running.

    But as i and many others asked, show some actual gameplay and we can help you identify the problem.

    This is just constantly saying it doesn't work because this or that or whatever, without seeing some actual gameplay proving it doesn't work.

    If you are to scared to show or for whatever reason you don't want to, then that is fine too.

    But then we keep it at this as you refuse to take in any advice.

    I don't record myself when I'm playing. I only have a saved clip from a stream when I was playing a survivor a moment ago

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697800#Comment_2697800

    At this point it's clear you're not actually interested in advice. You're poking holes in every piece of information provided and coming up with incredibly weak explanations for why well-known and successful tactics won't work.

    I understand admitting you are, or have been, doing something wrong is difficult but this kind of attitude will not help you improve at the game.

    I'm not saying that he's not playing it wrong

    But I can defs agree that if a survivor wants to not be caught at shack they won't be caught

    I can record a vid of me and my buddy playing it with him trying to mind game

    I promise you he won't catch me atleast not for quite some time

    Maybe I'll post it tomorrow I gotta wait till he gets off work

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697835#Comment_2697835

    But there ARE ways to shorten the loop as killer and force the survivor to take an M1. Multiple people have already explained the correct way to loop shack. If a killer is unable to catch up wuth a survivor at shack then they aren't playing well 🤷

    There are no ways against a good survivors. They must make a mistake at the shack in order to take M1.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697835#Comment_2697835

    But there ARE ways to shorten the loop as killer and force the survivor to take an M1. Multiple people have already explained the correct way to loop shack. If a killer is unable to catch up wuth a survivor at shack then they aren't playing well 🤷

    Like I said I'll record a vid of me and my pal

    I would say he's pretty decent he's got like 3k hours and plays trapper quite well

    I'm just a really good survivor and like I said I'd bet money he won't catch me for at least 45 seconds to 1:30 minutes

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697848#Comment_2697848

    There are no ways against a good survivors. They must make a mistake at the shack in order to take M1.

    Is that not how it's supposed to work? Played perfectly, the survivor has a maximum time they can be in a loop for (between entity blocking and bloodlust), but the job of the killer is to like... outsmart them? Make them mess up, predict their movements, utilise their power smartly, etc etc?

    I don't think shack is even the best example of that concept, anyway, you just run it right and at worst you've dramatically shortened how long it takes to block the window.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697848#Comment_2697848

    Like I said I'll record a vid of me and my pal

    I would say he's pretty decent he's got like 3k hours and plays trapper quite well

    I'm just a really good survivor and like I said I'd bet money he won't catch me for at least 45 seconds to 1:30 minutes

    Please show him, because I'm tired arguing

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697876#Comment_2697876

    So what you're saying is that a killer playing "quite well" against a "really good survivor" IS in fact able to catch up at shack in at least 45 seconds?

    Because that sounds to me like exactly what myself and others in this thread have been saying - it's entirely possible to hit survivors at shack if you loop it right.

    I said 45 seconds at the minimum as a guess I don't think he actually catches me that fast and even if he does it would easily be way longer with a flashy cause I'd drop shack pallet at some point

    Also damn didn't know we was out here acting like 45-50 secs isn't over half a gen that's wild

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697944#Comment_2697944

    • I said "at least 45 seconds" not in exactly 45 seconds.
    • 45 seconds is 56% of a gen but that's a moot point and not relevant to the topic at hand.

    OP is arguing that killers can do "absolutely nothing" at shack and that downing a survivor in SWF is "literally impossible" without perks like Bamboozle. All I'm saying is that is untrue and there ARE in fact ways to shorten the loop as killer. I'm genuinly agast that this is a controversial statement.

    Oh I'm not arguing what op is arguing and saying it's impossible entirely I'm arguing something completely different entirely

    I'm arguing shack is a huge time waster vs good survivors and is a loop you should just leave

    Ik you'll get the down eventually you and I both know that me and you aren't arguing I agree with your point entirely

    I'm just saying as a killer playing vs someone as good as me it's really not in your best interest to play shack with me it's not worth the time wasted

    The ironic part is I really don't play that much survivor but I watch a ton of good survivors play and I probably got about 3k to 5k hours on deathslinger so that's the only reason I'm a above average survivor

  • Swfs are the only fun i have when im on my billy boy :(

  • @Plarp said:

    Swfs are the only fun i have when im on my billy boy :(

    Crazy boy

  • shack = 3 window loops before the pallet is thrown(unless they just peace :) )... swf or non swf- that's how it be

  • They don't bother me that much anymore, i feel sorry for newbie players who run into this. It defiantly needs some form of moderation for newer players, especially seeing MMR doesn't help newbie killers, when the average out mmr amongst the swf squad.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Nah I like to play all matches out. Best way to improve is to fight good players

    Yeah but when literally swf is just a power role there really isnt much to improve.

  • As if I care to tell. Unless they have cute little matching names which honestly makes tunneling and face camping that much more satisfying because one of them doesn't get to play. Muahahahaha.

  • im a rank 15 killer and i usually go against swf and most of the times it doesnt go that bad, sure some of them are really good at looping but theres usually a weak link and u just need to capitalise on that guy because usually the strongest looper always helps them and try to get ur attention also just dont get tilted when ur getting gen rushed paly calmly and get a hook on someone play around there and usually they're gonna greed

  • Not possible. You can only dodge against lobbies that you 'think' are swf, while in fact ,playing against swf anyway.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697780#Comment_2697780

    You know there are two closed windows on the wall in the shack that allow survivors to see through them right? And yes survivors can get that many distance.

    Ok like i said we're done.

    You have no intention to take advice but only argue about every advice that is given to you.

    It is clear that you are either a troll and not as high mmr as you claim to be or you just straight up refuse to see the fact that you might play wrong at killer shack and are also not as high mmr as you claim to be.

    I'm not gonna discuss any further with you unless you provide some gameplay footage from you trying to get a hit at killer shack before the entity blocks it.

    Till then i will wish you all the best of luck in your games and maybe some day you might realize you played it wrong all along

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697639#Comment_2697639

    I’ve beaten plenty of teams that were good and probably in comms. Probably because I learned how to play?

    or they weren't that good and you just overestemated yourself. videos would show some truth.

  • Yeah, Yeah dodge every lobby til you may find a lobby you can be 110% sure about to play against four solo survivors. Have fun never playing again as killer. And dont come back crying if you find a lobby and still lose xD

  • @Tiufal said:

    Yeah, Yeah dodge every lobby til you may find a lobby you can be 110% sure about to play against four solo survivors. Have fun never playing again as killer. And dont come back crying if you find a lobby and still lose xD

    Well have fun waiting +30 minutes to play a game xoxo

  • I only dodge swfs that have 2 or more toolboxes. If i see a group join with 4 flashlights then I'll happily play against them bc i know they'll be trying to save and I'll have more interaction instead of them just rushing gens. I might run an anti map offering, just in case they try to go to RPD or haddonfield

  • Killers be dodging lobbies when survivors arent wearing default cosmetics.

    Cosmetics and player names should be hidden in the lobby screen. It really only encourages dodging and altered playstyles...

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697677#Comment_2697677

    Why do you insist on bringing up such specific scenarios that have nothing to do with the point at hand.

    You were talking about SWF and now it's Legions inefficacy in a chase?

    It's clear the lad has had some seriously tough games as legion and feels bad about it.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697680#Comment_2697680

    It's clear the lad has had some seriously tough games as legion and feels bad about it.

    Everyone can have tough games without a power

  • With the amount of times I get accused of being SWF even though I only play solo just because the killer lost, I think you might as well just not launch the game.

  • @jesterkind said:

    How on Earth can you know it's a SWF in the lobby?

    On ps4 you can see psn swfs. Check their psn profiles from the lobby. Granted a lot of the time people make their stuff private, but usually out of 4 one of the survivors profiles will be public (assuming crossplay is off). Under "Now Playing" it'll show their session details.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697635#Comment_2697635

    Pretty arrogant to say that. So you think that you are on the best level you can ever be?

    the way you phrase it makes it sound pretty humble

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697635#Comment_2697635

    Pretty arrogant to say that. So you think that you are on the best level you can ever be?

    Hell yeah

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697636#Comment_2697636

    Yes. Even the best player cannot play win against 4 well organized SWF that most of the perks don't work on them like plaything, histeria etc. I don't even comment on slow down perks, because they're useless too. The game was always meant to be 1 killer vs 4 strangers.

    Agreed. Don't care how good you are at killer. You're not gonna win consistently against high tier SWF squads.

  • If an amateur goes to fight against a boxing champion, he will not become a champion if he goes against him 100 times. He will be crippled.

    In this game, the balance is not at all that both sides are equal.

    Players equalize it on their own )

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Nah I like to play all matches out. Best way to improve is to fight good players

    You can't improve becuase there's no way to control comms. Its not just about outplaying anyone its about the free information they get. Can't really get better with something you have no control over.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697635#Comment_2697635

    Pretty arrogant to say that. So you think that you are on the best level you can ever be?

    Against a random swf itll be fair but 4 very organized swf on comms is very stressful. And imo its unfair for the killer to a certain extent. Its not about who outplays who but the free information swf on comms receive.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697684#Comment_2697684

    I second this. I have no idea what OP is even trying to get at here. The point seems to be changing with every single response.

    Imo I kinda agree. Swf on comms are stressful. Not "playing with your friends excuse" but the free info they receive without a perk.

  • The only time I'll dodge is if I see 4 med kits or 3 med kits and a map.

  • im new into the game and i just wanna grind blood points and level so i can unlock new killers but if i see the survivors looked like theyre stacked i usually just dodge because i dont wanna get tbagged and barely get any blood points

  • Gross. You just want to bully solo groups. I would say solo survivor is at a greater disadvantage as far as balance goes then a killer is against a swf. I as killer have played terribly at times and still ended up with a 4k when I had no business getting more than one kill, and the only explanation I can think of for that is solo queue.

  • As long as they don't have 2-4 flashlights, I'll take my chances. Going against a SWF might help improve my gameplay, anyway.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697787#Comment_2697787

    Punishing people for wanting to play the game with their friends is a horrible idea that will just turn away a large portion of players.

    Instead, the developers need to buff solo survivor to the level of SWF and buff killers accordingly to compensate - which is what they said they were going to do a while ago now.

    I'd guess it's more about playing with others they may or may not know well to gain an advantage over the killer and less about actually playing with friends. I get tired of seeing the "you wanna punish people for playing with their friends" excuse. Everyone knows when you're in a good SWF you have a big advantage.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697964#Comment_2697964

    Oh I'm not arguing what op is arguing and saying it's impossible entirely I'm arguing something completely different entirely

    I'm arguing shack is a huge time waster vs good survivors and is a loop you should just leave

    Ik you'll get the down eventually you and I both know that me and you aren't arguing I agree with your point entirely

    I'm just saying as a killer playing vs someone as good as me it's really not in your best interest to play shack with me it's not worth the time wasted

    The ironic part is I really don't play that much survivor but I watch a ton of good survivors play and I probably got about 3k to 5k hours on deathslinger so that's the only reason I'm a above average survivor

    Should always try to avoid shack no matter who you're playing against. Shack is a massive time sink.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    Killers be dodging lobbies when survivors arent wearing default cosmetics.

    Cosmetics and player names should be hidden in the lobby screen. It really only encourages dodging and altered playstyles...

    Nothing wrong with killers avoiding SWF groups. Most of them I've encountered are nothing more than a group of trolls going out of their way to piss you off because they know they have a massive advantage.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2700065#Comment_2700065

    OBVIOUSLY playing SWF is an advantage over solo queue. No-one is arguing any different, but let's not pretend that most SWF aren't literally just playing the game with their friends. The narrative that all SWF are some evil group out to ruin the match for a killer is absurd.

    Most SWF don't sit and scheme prior to the match thinking "Yeah let me play with my friends so we can have a big advantage and ruin the fun of ther opposing team...". Most literally just want to play with their friends and have a good time. The power imbalance is an unfortunate consequence of playing SWF but not the single reason people play it.

    They don't have to sit and scheme because the very nature of SWF with Discord already gives them huge advantages.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2700071#Comment_2700071

    You thinking that players are out to troll and "piss you off" is not the same as players actually being out to troll and piss you off.

    When they're flashlighting all the time and got the teabags going I know they're trying to piss me off. It's obvious. Thankfully, I'm too old to get that irritated.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2700076#Comment_2700076

    Yes. As I just said, SWF IS an advantage. But that's not the reason people play SWF, people do it because they enjoy playing with their friends.

    You must have a very cynical view of the world if you think that people playing SWF are specifically out to get you lol.

    I go off experience. Does every SWF go into a match to troll? No. Have I ran into alot of SWF trolls? Yes. Many many more than Solo trolls. When you have a lack of fear because of the inherent advantage you have in an SWF, I've noticed survivors enjoy the trolling more often.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2700082#Comment_2700082

    I mean, you're clearly irritated about it if you came to the forums to complain about it.

    I clearly just wanted to join the discussion. I felt the OP was receiving too much flak for a legit issue.

1 2 3