The Snowman shows again that The Devs hate Killers
A free 3th Heal State ( 4th whit Dead Hard ) Really Devs Really ?
Die idea of the Snowman is Funny and Great but it shouldnt unBalance the Game even more Survivor dont use it vor Fun they use it to have a 3th healstate in a Chase and make it much Harder for Killer and some Killers like Twins are unplayable because of it
A Event Feature shouldnt have a unfair Advantage ans shouldnt only be Good 4 One Side . Survivor gets a 3rd healstate the Killer gets nothing only cosmetics
Why arent Killers allowed to have Fun on a Event ?
And for the Survivor Mains who say " its a Event its Christmas just have Fun " no it isnt Fun when a Event gives 1 side a unfair Advantage u also would complain if the Snowman would Male all Survivor exposed for 60 seconds amd reveal there Aura
Comments
3th!?!?!?!??!
Best argument ever. It really clarifies a lot. Thanks
Dunno if they hate them so much as they're completely ambivalent about their gameplay experience.
Don't hate the snowmen, hate the snow.
Hate's a loaded word. I see no evidence that developers hate killers, I just don't think they're that good at thinking the whole picture through when they implement changes.
It's not a 3rd health state they literally sacrifice all the distance they had to be put in a situation where you gain an easy injury or down, if you're getting outplayed by the snowman theres a big problem with the way you're playing the killer, especially when you lose a chase where they literally hand themselves to you in the middle of it. But I know it's pointless to have this discussion because you don't see it that way and that's totally fine, I really wish I could block a few people's posts on here I'm tired of seeing certain people cry constantly.
Use STBFL...
but killer mains do exaggerate a lot and complain about pretty much anything at this point.
so meh.
bruh it just gives killers more ######### to do. its not an exaggeration. you have 10 free health states on the map plus pallets. plus the validation bs for dh and pallets. plus boons and whatever else you bring in. its pretty damn miserable to play killer with this event.
I seem to remember that all other event survivors had a secondary objective to do for example the Pesitilla Flower. it only favored killers since survivors were fighing over it it was easy kills for killers, this is the first survivor sided event we had in a few years
4 people happy - 4 people buying on store
1 unhappy killer - meh, cost of gaining those 4
You do realize you can body block with a snowman and still have enough distance to make a loop right? People who would otherwise not make it to a loop could jump in a snowman near them then while the killers in the cd can still make it with the the 10 meters of distance.
Use Bubba if it bothers you that much
๐ญ๐ญ๐
What OP is referring to is you are in chase and closing and there is a snowman and the survivor jumps in. When a killer hits the snowman it destroys the snowman but the survivor takes no damage. It is situational but I have had it happen a couple of times. It isn't terrible but once again a mechanic that favors survivor.
How can I use STBFL with all this gen regression and tracking in my build? Its almost like killers should have 5-6 perk slots and not just the same amount as survivors.
That depends on what killer you use and even then you're right on their top there is literally zero speed boost from it, if you use huntress and hatchet the snowman then m1 it negates it and deals damage, if you m1 with nurse you can immediately down them afterwards with a blink due to the short distance you would have to be bad to mess that up I just tested that one, Leatherface negates it completely due to multiple swings, pyramid head can use his power then m1, the doctor can shock to pop the snowman and then m1 with the added bonus that they can't vault or throw a pallet for the first few seconds, I'm going through all killers testing this right now and the only ones who even have the potential to be taken advantage of in this situation from what I gather so far are the low tier bottom of the barrel killers that you shouldn't be playing at high ranks anyway if you're playing serious and wanting to win and even then the cost of jumping in the snowman got them killed faster than if they had just made distance and tried to loop, it's this killer woe is me garbage on the forums that have people complaining I don't feel sorry for these people if they don't like it then don't play were all free to our opinions but it's a whole different level when people complain about literally everything.
Yea dude I've been playing killer all day, most of the time they cost themselves distance that could've prolonged the chase it's a bunch of crying for nothing, I've not felt robbed by a snowman even once people are just complaining because they don't injure them when the snowman pops there's no speed or anything broken about it
I used to think "Oh, it's just cheesy. Don't hate on the Snowmen"
Then I saw The Twins and Ghostface versus Snowmen. A little bit of an oversight.
Here's one thing to consider:
How to make an event both enjoyable and balanced equally enough for both sides without any game changing moments, without it being basically the reskins for pumpkins?
You cant. At best you can reduce the game changing moments to a minimum. Snowmen fit this description as there are only less than a handful of situations that are gamechanging. There are a few really good plays, like bodyblocking a hook with a snowman, but if you're able to walk to a hook with a snowman before the killer reaches it, you deserve that play.
Besides, if survivors use a snowman mid-chase, you either hit them because the animation takes quite long, or they lose a ton of distance in compensation. Sure, they might have delayed the hit by 1 second when it comes to time spend, but at the cost of not being able to exit a deadzone in time, or at the cost of not being able to reach the pallet, making the second part of the chase quite a bit shorter.
TBH I run anti chase builds - you should try it.
dont worry
Ill make it a 5rd with Mettle of Man
maybe even a 6nd with a Styptic
Really the Snowmen give you a 3rst mettle of man.
Then you havent been playing against survivors that know how to use the snowman. Lets say you're chasing someone to shack to the door way farthest away from the window and are close to the hit. Now the survivor your chasing goes through that way but someone in a snowman blocks it and is facing inside the shack towards the window. You now lose out on a hit on both survivors because the snowman would shoot them inside shack and give them a fast vault. I don't think thats called "crying for nothing".
It absolutely is crying for nothing this helpless woe is me mentality, I'm rank 1 with over 10,000 hours in this game , does that mean I'm the best no absolutely not and I don't claim to be at all or even close but I know for a fact the survivors know how to play that I'm facing, what you're saying isn't going to fly against a good killer unless they're playing the twins or GF and even then they cost themselves a ton of distance because if you try to hop in right in front of them you can take damage while entering so how much distance is sacrificed just to troll and be in a worse situation immediately afterwards? A good survivor can tell you that they would be way better off just continuing to a safe zone and looping than giving themselves up and trying to come back from it
You didn't understand what i said at all did you? Lemme give a different scenario, lets use cowshed with a pallet close to the window. The survivor could vault a window outside but then a survivor in a snowman could body block the door facing outward so if you hit them then they get propelled towards the pallet and make it because of the hit cooldown. If you decide to vault the window the first survivor can just keep looping there until entity block then use the pallet and get to another tile. There the snowman just became a breakable wall.
it's literally for fun ๐น you guys need to stop. dbd has been the funnest for me yesterday than it has ever been PLAYING killer. snowmen are cute
Yea but they pay the price of immediately being in a chase instead of not being found and rushing gens is that what you would rather have? I get that it might be annoying but to get a snowman and body block a door is wasting a ton of time that could've been used on gens snowmen don't move fast and you're doing nothing hoping the killer comes to see you trolling at the shack door blocking it instead of helping your team and you're probably getting yelled at by the guy looping the killer who you just blocked shack for also
Its still extending the chase by a large amount with 2 other survivors on gens. Then if the killer chases 1 they can just go back to working on cowshed gen assuming it wasnt already completed.
Hate? No, they don't. To me, this is just an oversight. They added something they thought may be fun (though I'm inclined to believe it's because Propnight was released), but failed to take into account what that would entail. Thus, we get scenarios like this.
Why would you play a game if you thought the developer hated you?
It really doesn't because theres only two gens popping instead of three so now you need a longer chase for the third gen to pop, but it's fine we can agree to disagree I'm not exerting anymore energy into arguing with people, apparently they would rather get gen rushed than to deal with a snowman that literally gifts you a survivor that had distance on you to begin with. Anyways have a nice day I'm out.
Don't hit, leave the useless one teasing inside the Snowman and go chase the real threat (on gen).
In my experience 90% of then will get into another, abusing the new game superb mechanic.
Yeah it's a BS Buff disguised as an event and the survivor mains here seem to be losing their minds at the prospect of the snowmen being nerfed, which is weird since it would have zero effect on survivors if they are truly using the snowmen just for fun and not for an advantage.
I played a bunch of matches last night (killer), and I really didn't see any survivor advantage from the snowmen. I had several survivors hop in while I was chasing, it didn't seem like it gave them any more time than it cost them, if anything, they had to give up their lead. It's not like they can loop or get away as snowmen.
It is an extra health state, but it has to be. This is for giggles and freebies, it's not fair to ask survivors to take a wound for it while killer gets points. If that were the case, no one would do it and I wouldn't get all the event items.
I mostly play killer, played quite a few matches yesterday, people were jumping in snowmen left and right, only twice did it actually benefit them. Don't want to come off as rude, but we know about the snowmen going into every trial, so either we do something new to counter it, or we don't. I would hate much more if the event had different random things we COULDN'T account for, that's for sure.