What perks do you refuse to use?
Killer side: I refuse to run NOED. It’s a dumb design in my opinion you run and get huge power for doing nothing really. You eq
Survivor side: Dead Hard. Once again dumb design. You’re able to erase your mistake by the push of a button with the measly requirement of your injured. And with how validation works now. It literally does more then it’s suppose to.
Comments
Killer: Undying. It just seems like a waste of a perk slot to me.
Survivor: Adrenaline. It's very situational and it feels kind of unfair to use.
Noed for killer (unless I'm running a devoted endgame build, which is rare)
Prove thyself for survivor. gen speeds don't need to be increased, and why make the game shorter and less fun for everyone? I'll occasionally run DH, but I generally avoid it since it's boring.
I'm on the same page as yours.
I don't want to use NOED, i want to get survivors with my skill and not rely on the perk to do the job for me.
I dislike Dead Hard or "Dead Light" 😆 whatever. i rather use another exhaustion perk.
Killer side: NOED, if I lost all five gens with out getting many hooks, I don’t deserve a free kill. That Perk is BS. The only hex perk I run is ruin
Survivor Side: No Mither. I have most of the adept achievements but I’m not doing David’s that perk is just dumb and killers will just go for the person at a huge disadvantage
Killer: NOED... Cause I just don't feel the need
Survivor: Hope... Cause I don't make it to endgame all that much
Killer- monstrous shrine
survivor- Unbreakable
No Mither, because I feel like I'm sabotaging the team and Lucky Break because I want to get chased. I could say the same for the Houdini build, I guess.
Noed because it's the worst designed perk in the game.
There's not really many survivor perks that are truly "off limits" to me, I think Dead Hard is the meta perk I use the least just because of how much it annoys me as killer but I'll use it sometimes.
As killer? Only really NOED, I dislike the perk and honestly I think I'm better than having to use it for a free endgame kill; I'd rather have 4 perks I have constant value from than 3 perks and then one in the endgame that doesn't help when I need it (a la facing coordinated teams).
Any of them that aren't character specific. I run Noed but only on two killers. The other 24 don't run it.
Iron Will because it’s a cheap brainless perk that shouldn’t exist.
Ruin - it's just unreliable. It either wins me the game on it's own, or vanishes within the first minute of the game. I prefer stuff like PR, Pop or Surge as these are a lot more consistent.
NOED - it's too much of a gimmick.
I'll use any perk as long as I feel like it. It's not like most of your opponents are thinking about how fair they're going to make it for you so why care about if it's fair for them?
Killer: Noed
Survivor: Unbreakable
Ruin
Decisive
Killer: NOED. It just feels a little too mean for my tastes, and I'm not interested in the salt it generates. Nor does it fit my playstyle. The only killer challenge I don't have completed (and isn't linked to a killer I don't own yet) is the one that wants me to use NOED. I'll have to do it eventually, but just... not now.
Survivor: Dead Hard, because I forget I have it most of the time, and DS because it's too dependent on the killer's playstyle and a random lag spike renders the perk worthless.
For killer I also don't run NOED. It gets cleansed every time.
For survivor I don't run Iron Will. Not only is it a morally gray perk to use (I believe killers should be able to at least hear survivors), but I feel like if I got used to running it and then took it off, it would just throw my game off so much.
No perk is off limit to me but I suppose there is really no point in taking some perks over others. E.g. if I want a perk to heal myself I'll think of Boon: CoH. So I probably wouldn't use Inner Healing unless I have a build around locker plays. It's just much worse.
Survivor: Bond/empathy because I've had too many random teammates use these perks to find people to sandbag, I see these more as sandbag perks than helpful perks.
Killer: Insidious and Knock Out because they are perks that encourage camp/slug gameplay.
NoEd and DS
Just boring perks. Yeah sometimes I say "damn I wish I had DS" but I find running non-meta perks much more fun
I can use all perks I just won't stack meta perks together. So I won't use ds and dead hard
DS, I've only ran it once and that was for adept Laurie.
Prove Thyself and Franklin's Demise.
Jolt. I despise this Perk. All of my fav Killers have a better M2 than M1 and the range is too small anyway
Killer: Monstrous Shrine
Survivor: Dead Hard
Killer: NOED and Ruin. I tend to not run hexes in my builds lest I am going for an hex-build.
Survivor: Dead Hard, Unbreakable and Decisive Strike. They've always been very situational perks to me rather than things I find myself using in every match.
I'll personally avoid using NOED as Killer unless all the perks I have are crap because NOED feels a bit too crutchy for me (also I don't like relying on a Killer perk that only does anything during the end game).
For Survivor, nothing is off the table for me.
Survivor: Exhaustion perks in general
Killer: NOED
---
Worth noting is that I'll still use Balanced Landing as an exception to my "No Exhaustion Perks" rule. This is because I actually really enjoy the plays you can make with reduced stagger times and especially reduced grunting noises when landing.
I wish they'd make a falling perk similar to balanced landing, but without the sprint burst attached to it. This way I could follow my rule more closely, and the stagger/grunt reduction effects wouldn't be canceled out by exhaustion-based perks or killer abilities.
Dead hard. Because half the time you press E and still get hit, regardless of validation.
Head on. For the same reason. Constantly get yoinked from the locker due to lag.
Killer as a whole: because I'm tired of being hit by pallets when I'm still several steps away from them, again... Due to server lag.
The boons.
NOED 👀
BT for survivor.
I'll use any perk except for NOED. I like switching my perks often on Survivor when I'm not going for specific rift challenges, and I just use anything I want as Killer since rift challenges aren't difficult or super particular for the role.
Probably Unbreakable. I never get any value when i equip it.
It's a curse.
dead hard
always thought it's clutch 3rd health state and too strong, hence why so many people run it
NOED and Franklins as killer, because I don't like going against them as survivor.
Dead Hard and Boons as survivor, because I don't like going against them as killer.
Noed... if I have a choice. if I'm playing a killer newly or just prestige then ill run it.. but its still cheap and gets you kills u didn't deserve.
Adrenaline. its the worst exhaustion perk. only helps out 1/1000 games
Killer: Knockout, NOED unless its like an all endgame build or meme exposed build, All of nemmies perks cause I just dont have him xD
Survivor: I dont own like 6 survivors so them ig. I only play solo or SWF with no comms so I consider all perks fair game at that point.
Killer: NOED and Gen Regression. The first one is just cheap and in my opinion the game is lost when 5 Gens are done. And I dislike Slowdown-Perks because I think they make the game too easy.
Survivor: None. There are good Perks which I dislike, but I only avoid them because I dont like them and not because I want to be nice or anything (e.g. Sprint Burst).
Killer: NOED. I would consider it if I run a full end game build (ie No Way Out, Remember Me, Blood Warden) but otherwise I think it's harmful to developing long term chasing skills. If I get out chased by a group, I want to figure out how to counter it and doing otherwise would be detrimental, in the long term, to my enjoyment of playing killer.
Survivor: Dead Hard. Unless I'm doing a Tome challenge I won't run it for the same reason; it's too easy to get away with things that you wouldn't have without it even more than other exhaustion perks (and dh'ing through a trap is ridiculous). I quite often don't run exhaustion perks though as I started in September so I still have a lot to learn about looping and chasing. I will sometimes run the other exhaustion perks and I want to become better at 99'ing my Sprint Burst but I don't like Dead Hard's design so I won't run it.
I refuse to use perks, I only run no mither
DH and DS, would never use those totally skilless perks
There are a lot of perks I don't run for various reasons (too situational, etc.), but perks I just refuse to run? Maybe two:
Killer: NOED. I can almost justify it in the current boon-y meta, but just can't being myself to actually run it. Training wheels for baby killers, imo.
Survivor: Dead Hard. It's a crutch perk, the old "Press E when outplayed". Spin it all you want, it's a BS perk.
The boons are pretty much on mothballs for me at this point as well.
Devour hope. While I don't technically refuse to use it; I hate this perk. It either carries or does nothing. But the main reason I hate it is that it is widely accepted as a balanced and "fun" perk
killer: noed, or blood warden. i dont really like using end game perks because you dont get constant value from them (and they’re honestly really boring to use imo)
survivor: i guess camaraderie? if my teammates leave me on the hook long enough to where i should die i dont really feel like staying in the game, lol
Killer: Insidious and NOED
Survivor: Any one-and-done perks (Unbreakable, DS, Adrenaline etc)
As a survivor main I refuse to use Dead Hard. I prefer to use Lithe and zip away lol
Killer Perks I avoid using (I don't play survivor)
No Ed
It's cheap, and I am not cheap.
I wouldnt say that dead hard is just there to erase mistakes, I use it for distance to get to a pallet most of the times because I made the mistake of looping the killer for too long and he has bloodlust 5000...
CoH because winning with 0 skill involved is boring.
Well guess what. My teammates can’t even find totems until we’re all on hook.