What off-meta perks do you all enjoy using?
On every killer except for doc I wouldn't be able to live without knockout. It gives you so much time once ruin is gone. On the survivor side I feel like a lot of people really underestimate vigil.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
I really enjoy Stake Out. I get to take it easy on skill checks and it also counters Ruin fairly effectively.
Wake Up!
Something about that perk made me fall in love with it.
I love Bond for survivors. And I'm currently using Distressing on all my killers cause I need those bloodpoints.
I like using Blood Warden on my Wraith. It's much less predictable then NOED and I feel better about clutch BW than a clutch NOED.
Tenacity can be a really great perk, especially in combination with Unbreakable
Vigil, Balanced Landing, and Saboteur are some of my favorites.
Does Iron Will count?? :P
As for killer, I agree Knockout is very underrated. I'd use Unrelenting if it was buffed to like 50%. I get 360'd a lot.
Quick and Quiet for stealthy locker hides.
Yeah, on the extremely rare occasion they actually leave you slugged. I had a match a couple days ago where Billy left me on the ground as Tapp and I had Tenacity but no Unbreakable. It took him all match to find me, so naturally, I got camped after being put on the hook.
Funnily enough, some weeks ago I got left on the ground extremely often, that's why I tried to go in with those perks ^^
And I have to admit, it's pretty funny when the killer downs you, then goes after someone else but comes back to you after some seconds and can't find you
Hex: Devour Hope.
Here's a pro-tip to counter 360s: Just click, don't lunge. It's this simple
Edit: Yeah they should buff Unrelenting. %30 reduced cooldown to both successful and missed attacks, it'd be great
Not meta?
Balanced Landing and Small game.
I like using Lightweight with Iron Will. Dunno if it's good but I have a good feeling using it
One of my favorite go to perks is Alert if that is considered off-meta. Sometimes it will just give away a killers position when I'm unsure where they're currently at because they broke a pallet or regressed a generator. The fact that the aura stays active for 6 seconds is probably why it's one of my favorite perks. I usually use it with Spine Chill. I haven't tried Alert with Open Handed yet but I'm unsure if I need to since Alert already has such a large distance.
Killer: Knock Out
Survivor: Tenacity
Yeah, Hex: Devour Hope.
I could never go without Enduring on any killer. (with the exception of Nurse and maybe Huntress?). Not sure if it counts as meta or not, but I see a lot of killers that choose not to run it.
it's underrated
@AsianMammoth For sure!
Unbreakable is fun, so many times the killer's basically won and I've gotten up and unhooked someone and saved the game, at least for a couple more minutes.
Also Brutal Strength, nice against pallet loopers
Technician has saved my butt several times due to a failed skillcheck. I also like Third Seal! It personally freaks me out when Im blind, and it limits SWF communication quality to "Where are you?" "Oh, Im by the Combine thing."
We'll Make It. It's my bread and butter. For whatever reason, my teammates always gravitate to the basement when they're about to go down. This way I'm always prepared and can heal them up so they can take a hit on their way out.
Plunderer's was fun before Emblems. Pulling keys and getting a surprise hatch was always wild, but I'm a hoarder by nature, so bringing rare items back after each win was rewarding too.
I love me my bond and urban evasion, though I don't know if theyre considered meta or not....
that wouldn't work.. if it was for both missed and successful attacks then 'save the best for Last' would be a dud perk
My current favorite build is what I call the "intelligence build," and it's Open Handed 3, Kindred 3, Bond 3 and Premonition 3. ...and I REALLY love to pair it with a Map (especially a Rainbow Map) with the Glass Bead add-on.
This is a great build for surviving with randos because you get a lot of information without having actual verbal communication, and with the Glass Bead and Kindred/Open Handed, you can also non-verbally communicate information back to your teammates. Really, it's a great build for surviving with friends as well, at least for me, because when my friends say something like, "I'm in the shack," I often don't know where that is, whereas with Bond/Open Handed, I can actually see it.
I think this is okay, but another Self Care alternative you might consider is Bond... In a lot of ways, I think it's even superior to Self Care--if you can find someone to heal you, you don't need to do occupy a perk slot with Self Care. Plus they can do it faster and you can deduce a lot of additional information... e.g. If you see the aura of one of your teammates running, vaulting, and dropping pallets, 99 times out of 100, that's where the killer is too.
If you absolutely MUST be able to heal yourself, you can always just bring a first aid kit in and have it from the jump rather than rely on Pharmacy to procure one.
We'll make it is arguably meta now tho.
Yeah but... I was the hipster using it before it was cool.
i'm not good at the game. even worse at surviving. and most of all i'm bad at SWF.... i say 'hes on me' and they say 'where are you' and i say 'on my couch'....
Killer: Whispers, Knock Out
I don't really play enough killer to have an actual opinion on other perks. I think my hag is the only killer to have unlocked all four perk slots.
As a solo survivor, I love Kindred. It seems like it dramatically increases my chances of a safe unhook.
Technician is good, especially against Freddy but also for the general noise reduction. It makes it much easier to repair a gen right by a killer who is chasing someone.
I still love Empathy. It gives SO much information. I think i like it more than Bond, though Bond is arguably more useful if you're not running Self Care.
I have a rule for survivor builds: Half of my perks must come from that survivor's unique perks. That forces me to come up with different builds for everyone.
Kindred is nice to use. Keeps your teammates from being special ed and all three coming for the save of no one coming for the save.
Slippery Meat and Up The Ante with Vigo's Jar. Kobes for days!
Personal faves are Ace in the hole, Brown med with a Styptic makes me orgasm sometimes. Wish it got buffed tho
Right now on David I am running adrenaline/borrowed time/kindred/self-care... kindred is great when your team doesn't have enough oxygen flow to the brain and adrenaline is awesome in those clutch situations. BT/SC because they're OP
Sprint Burst + Vigil + Bond + Pharmacy
lightweight, really helps when I'm going for stealth/lose the killer plays. (Especially when combined with iron will)
Iron Will, Lightweight, and Tenacity, + Technician for some dirty gen plays.
Lightweight is extremely underrated.
distressing does nothing for bloodpoints if you hit the 8k cap normally which you should
like it isn't already