Bloodhunt Nov 25-29

Heads up for those not on social media, double bloodpoints from Nov 25-29. For once it's for the main game and not mobile.

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1463537952349470724?t=8lSV_aKobjQpflfLYwZA7A&s=19


Comments

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658298#Comment_2658298

    Not what im implying. Im just pointing out that if this is the case its a bit of an underhanded move from BHVR to keep the players who have rightfully been very angry with their choices recently from playing a game they might enjoy a lot more on its own. Which is lost money for BHVR. If they want people to stay, or play both of these games, they should be making smarter choices. Not bribing us.

    Yes, it wasn't aimed at you.

    It just frustrates me how people insist on making everything a binary contest between two options. PC versus Console. Path of Exile versus Diablo 3. DbD versus VHS. Coke versus Pepsi.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658283#Comment_2658283

    so what? Are you saying bHVR cant put a Bloodhunt in November because they never done it before? Like that is such a bad reason, You should stick to it being a response and refute @Mooks 's point about it being a closed beta instead.

    Its a really good point, if its a closed beta why would it matter then? Do you think bHVR are trying pull people out of playing a Closed Beta?

    Nope. Not people. Content creators. The people that are actually being invited to the closed beta, the same people who are the sole reason this game continues to live. Thats why the beta scares me a little, if our content creators can introduce a game the community likes way more, a significant portion of us will leave this game. Which i don't really want to happen. its why BHVR are actually trying to pull people away from it.

  • Ok, that's it, you reached a limit point BHVR, you lost my respect at this point, you're gonna have to work very hard to regain reputation after this:

    This year was a total disaster:

    -Twins chapter completely bugged at launch, with later a nerf to Twins that made them Clunky

    -Trickster chapter also very full of bugs

    -The scandal of NFTs, which couldn't be your fault contractually, but still it could since we know nothing as always. It took McLean to defend you, and on that I 95% believe him, it's not your fault

    -RPD added as a map, completely busted for how but it is and how much it's survivor sided, considering the 2/3 strong window loops, the 2/3 god pallets and all the safe pallets

    -Wraith nerfed for no good reason

    -Circle of healing added, which completely NEGATES the hit and run playstyle, and the risk of taking bodyblocks. For example you can tank all Hag traps and reheal before she has the time to reset the traps lost

    -The most important of all, the hackers situation:

    Yesterday, I my region, within 10 matches I faced 3 hackers, actually 4 because 2 were together in a single match. One held me hostage and I had to disconnect.

    And these hackers don't get banned even after a month sometimes! Up to less than 10% of the Dbd pc top% population has them! This not counting the stretched res, the audio improvements you can set from the game files, the Blight lag switch, the filters to make the game brighter without increasing the gamma, etc!

    And we don't know how many of them are closet cheating, just seeing auras for example, or using a cheating stretched res where you can see over any freaking wall

    -Dulcis in fundo, the DDOS BHVR response:

    Since the ptb, who knows how many ips get revealed by hackers, and the Dead by Daylight page and Dbd forums took 1 WEEK to advertise us of the hacker attack and to protect ourselves!

    You take 1 week to respond to/make aware of the DDos problem, but you INSTANTLY put up a bloodhunt when there's the VHS beta????

    That's it Behaviour Interactive, as always you showed that money is the only thing that counts, and that the "ethical capitalism" can't exist, for the "mors tua vita mea" principle.

  • The sad thing is that with the previous patch nice buffs came for some killers, but it's just uncomparable to all the negative events that happened/are happening

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658283#Comment_2658283

    so what? Are you saying bHVR cant put a Bloodhunt in November because they never done it before? Like that is such a bad reason, You should stick to it being a response and refute @Mooks 's point about it being a closed beta instead.

    Its a really good point, if its a closed beta why would it matter then? Do you think bHVR are trying pull people out of playing a Closed Beta?

    It's definitely related no offense but don't be naive they had a bloodhunt awhile back for mobile and every one bitched about not having a blood hunt for PC and console for forever and nothing changed and there was no response and I mean it when I say tons of people complained


    But now out of nowhere there's there's bloodhunt

    A+b doesn't always equal c but some things are kinda obvious

  • I'm sorry that you're disatisfied with decisions that you do not agree with. However, just to reassure you on one point - our calendar is planned months in advance, as was the Bloodhunt.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658312#Comment_2658312

    Nope. Not people. Content creators. The people that are actually being invited to the closed beta, the same people who are the sole reason this game continues to live. Thats why the beta scares me a little, if our content creators can introduce a game the community likes way more, a significant portion of us will leave this game. Which i don't really want to happen. its why BHVR are actually trying to pull people away from it.

    Content creators are already swimming in bloodpoints. Why would they play more during a bloodhunt? It makes no sense for a player who has millions of bloodpoints to even participate in bloodhunt.

  • The devs already commented on another thread that these events are scheduled months in advance.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm sorry that you're disatisfied with decisions that you do not agree with. However, just to reassure you on one point - our calendar is planned months in advance, as was the Bloodhunt.

    I'm personally thankful for the bloodhunt, and regardless of the timing, I appreciate it.

    That said, what factors do you consider when planning them?

    I'm looking at the wiki (https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_Hunt), and we literally haven't had a bloodhunt in two years until the 5th anniversary this year and now. I expected the anniversary one since it's a 5-year celebration and a huge milestone for this game, but was there anything that prompted this one in particular?

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm sorry that you're disatisfied with decisions that you do not agree with. However, just to reassure you on one point - our calendar is planned months in advance, as was the Bloodhunt.

    Ok, I'll believe you Mandy! (For real)

  • @Beaburd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658335#Comment_2658335

    I'm personally thankful for the bloodhunt, and regardless of the timing, I appreciate it.

    That said, what factors do you consider when planning them?

    I'm looking at the wiki (https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_Hunt), and we literally haven't had a bloodhunt in two years until the 5th anniversary this year and now. I expected the anniversary one since it's a 5-year celebration and a huge milestone for this game, but was there anything that prompted this one in particular?

    You notice that there has never been a bloodhunt in November in 5yrs.

  • Even if it was planned, its an effective marketing strategy, and I don't see why that would upset you. This game is there bread and butter, of course they want to best any and all competition. Lol

    I don't blame them for doing that if they did do that intentionally. It was a smart business move.

    However that doesn't mean they are doing well with the longevity of the game nerfing killers, and bugs, and hacking etc...

    They should just stop putting out new content for awhile and focus of quality of life changes to the game.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    Ok, that's it, you reached a limit point BHVR, you lost my respect at this point, you're gonna have to work very hard to regain reputation after this:

    This year was a total disaster:

    -Twins chapter completely bugged at launch, with later a nerf to Twins that made them Clunky

    -Trickster chapter also very full of bugs

    -The scandal of NFTs, which couldn't be your fault contractually, but still it could since we know nothing as always. It took McLean to defend you, and on that I 95% believe him, it's not your fault

    -RPD added as a map, completely busted for how but it is and how much it's survivor sided, considering the 2/3 strong window loops, the 2/3 god pallets and all the safe pallets

    -Wraith nerfed for no good reason

    -Circle of healing added, which completely NEGATES the hit and run playstyle, and the risk of taking bodyblocks. For example you can tank all Hag traps and reheal before she has the time to reset the traps lost

    -The most important of all, the hackers situation:

    Yesterday, I my region, within 10 matches I faced 3 hackers, actually 4 because 2 were together in a single match. One held me hostage and I had to disconnect.

    And these hackers don't get banned even after a month sometimes! Up to less than 10% of the Dbd pc top% population has them! This not counting the stretched res, the audio improvements you can set from the game files, the Blight lag switch, the filters to make the game brighter without increasing the gamma, etc!

    And we don't know how many of them are closet cheating, just seeing auras for example, or using a cheating stretched res where you can see over any freaking wall

    -Dulcis in fundo, the DDOS BHVR response:

    Since the ptb, who knows how many ips get revealed by hackers, and the Dead by Daylight page and Dbd forums took 1 WEEK to advertise us of the hacker attack and to protect ourselves!

    You take 1 week to respond to/make aware of the DDos problem, but you INSTANTLY put up a bloodhunt when there's the VHS beta????

    That's it Behaviour Interactive, as always you showed that money is the only thing that counts, and that the "ethical capitalism" can't exist, for the "mors tua vita mea" principle.

    Mm. Let's go point by point, because I agree with...some of this.

    • The NFT thing is pretty overblown and is based on a lot of hyperbole, assumptions and gossip. Hell, while I'm not going to get into such a complex topic in detail, the actual science behind 'NFTs are going to destroy the planet' fearmongering (or should I say claustrophobia-ing'?) is...shaky at best and revolves almost entirely around hypotheticals.
    • RPD...I'm not sure how survivor sided it actually is. There are some stupidly strong loops, but that's true of a ton of maps. Honestly, I find the map to be just as annoying for survivors as it is for killers. It's just a bad map.
    • Yes, the Wraith/Slinger/Cenobite nerfs were silly, but there's nothing new there. At least they finally made Plague fun. Now do Pig and Ghostface.
    • CoH needs a nerf, sure - but it's main issue is that it stacks with other healing effects and that boon totems are both too hard to find and too easy to replace. I'm sure it'll get one, at BHVR's usual glacial pace.
    • Hackers...I'm not sure what can really be done. The only big name games I can think of offhand without hackers are almost entirely server based. Even massive, full on Esports like Starcraft 2, Fortnite and CS:GO are riddled with hackers, despite extremely expensive proprietary anti-cheats. Game hacking has become so sophisticated that it's very hard to counter. $80 a month will get you a complete hacking suite for basically any game you can name. It...sucks, but I'm not sure if there is an answer.
    • Big companies are like ducks. The surface looks calm, but the little legs are going like mad under the water. I'm sure they wanted to get all the info they could before they said anything.
    • Why are you upset at more BP? If you want to play VHS, go play VHS. I'll personally be playing it, and I'll also be playing DbD.
    • This has nothing to do with 'ethical capitalism' or 'dog-eat-dog' (a much more apropo way of putting that rather than obscure Latin terminology). This is just standard practice - when a competitor comes along, you make your product look more enticing. That's how capitalism works.
    • If this thread turns into a 'capitalism versus socialism' thing, I'm going to have to bring out the mori.
  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658340#Comment_2658340

    You notice that there has never been a bloodhunt in November in 5yrs.

    Yeah, and maybe it is just a planned marketing strategy in an effort to reduce competition. If so, can't blame them for that, I'd do the same.

    But on the off-chance this was planned for months in advance like she said, and for other reasons, I'd love to know what just so I can better prepare for them. I have group projects out the whazoo for university and the timing of this blood hunt just is not the best for me.

  • There are no coincidences.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296394/%F0%9F%A4%AEperfectly-timed-bloodhunt-right-after-vhs-beta-today-very-disappointed-bhvr%F0%9F%A4%AE

    Mm. Let's go point by point, because I agree with...some of this.

    • The NFT thing is pretty overblown and is based on a lot of hyperbole, assumptions and gossip. Hell, while I'm not going to get into such a complex topic in detail, the actual science behind 'NFTs are going to destroy the planet' fearmongering (or should I say claustrophobia-ing'?) is...shaky at best and revolves almost entirely around hypotheticals.
    • RPD...I'm not sure how survivor sided it actually is. There are some stupidly strong loops, but that's true of a ton of maps. Honestly, I find the map to be just as annoying for survivors as it is for killers. It's just a bad map.
    • Yes, the Wraith/Slinger/Cenobite nerfs were silly, but there's nothing new there. At least they finally made Plague fun. Now do Pig and Ghostface.
    • CoH needs a nerf, sure - but it's main issue is that it stacks with other healing effects and that boon totems are both too hard to find and too easy to replace. I'm sure it'll get one, at BHVR's usual glacial pace.
    • Hackers...I'm not sure what can really be done. The only big name games I can think of offhand without hackers are almost entirely server based. Even massive, full on Esports like Starcraft 2, Fortnite and CS:GO are riddled with hackers, despite extremely expensive proprietary anti-cheats. Game hacking has become so sophisticated that it's very hard to counter. $80 a month will get you a complete hacking suite for basically any game you can name. It...sucks, but I'm not sure if there is an answer.
    • Big companies are like ducks. The surface looks calm, but the little legs are going like mad under the water. I'm sure they wanted to get all the info they could before they said anything.
    • Why are you upset at more BP? If you want to play VHS, go play VHS. I'll personally be playing it, and I'll also be playing DbD.
    • This has nothing to do with 'ethical capitalism' or 'dog-eat-dog' (a much more apropo way of putting that rather than obscure Latin terminology). This is just standard practice - when a competitor comes along, you make your product look more enticing. That's how capitalism works.
    • If this thread turns into a 'capitalism versus socialism' thing, I'm going to have to bring out the mori.

    Fair enough

  • Even if it was entirely because of VHS, wouldn't you as a company want to take as many people away from your competition? Try and kill any potential competitors while small so you can stay on top. Seems standard, like something any company would do. Hell, I'd probably run a bloodhunt on the actual release day as well.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm sorry that you're disatisfied with decisions that you do not agree with. However, just to reassure you on one point - our calendar is planned months in advance, as was the Bloodhunt.

    F13 and DBD did this 2x EXP all the time LOL, but OK whatever you say I love Dev's! too don't ban me.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm sorry that you're disatisfied with decisions that you do not agree with. However, just to reassure you on one point - our calendar is planned months in advance, as was the Bloodhunt.

    I appreciate the comment, but that still doesn't explain why it took so long to address the DDoSing situation. Why did it take so long?

  • looks like competition here but I don't how the bloodhunt would make a difference.

  • @Beaburd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658344#Comment_2658344

    Yeah, and maybe it is just a planned marketing strategy in an effort to reduce competition. If so, can't blame them for that, I'd do the same.

    But on the off-chance this was planned for months in advance like she said, and for other reasons, I'd love to know what just so I can better prepare for them. I have group projects out the whazoo for university and the timing of this blood hunt just is not the best for me.

    No disrespect to Mandy but her awnser seems so official and pre planned. and before everyone get at me I understand she can't just say whatever she wants because she is a representative of bhvr.

  • @Beaburd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658344#Comment_2658344

    Yeah, and maybe it is just a planned marketing strategy in an effort to reduce competition. If so, can't blame them for that, I'd do the same.

    But on the off-chance this was planned for months in advance like she said, and for other reasons, I'd love to know what just so I can better prepare for them. I have group projects out the whazoo for university and the timing of this blood hunt just is not the best for me.

    As someone else just said, these events are planned far in advance, and this one seems to be more about the upcoming chapter than trying to sabotage the VHS beta.

    I mean...it's a beta. And VHS isn't the DbD killer people think it is. It's going to be fun, maybe force BHVR to think outside the box a little (competition is good!) but it'll probably find a happy little niche and do it's own thing. If it's good (right now it's...pretty janky).

    @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658349#Comment_2658349

    No disrespect to Mandy but her awnser seems so official and pre planned. and before everyone get at me I understand she can't just say whatever she wants because she is a representative of bhvr.

    This is why devs tend to be so loath to comment on threads like this.

    They literally cannot give an answer that won't be twisted into more proof of someone's preexisting ideas.


  • @dugman said:

    The devs already commented on another thread that these events are scheduled months in advance.

    Good point. Ill summon the comment.

    image.png

    I dont think bHVR is the sorta company that stages many employees to lie to the community. But if you will permit me a joke.

    If bHVR has not nerfed Dead Hard by now, then obviously they must be into behind it all.

  • I agree with everything your complaining about, except for the whole bloodbunt thing. Every company that's smart does this sort of thing. If your the monopoly then you'll do what you need to keep that.

    If anything I'd take it as a compliment. Basically says that they view VHS as a potential contender. I'm surprised since I personally don't see them as being a real threat but I'm happy Bhvr think they are.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658349#Comment_2658349

    As someone else just said, these events are planned far in advance, and this one seems to be more about the upcoming chapter than trying to sabotage the VHS beta.

    I mean...it's a beta. And VHS isn't the DbD killer people think it is. It's going to be fun, maybe force BHVR to think outside the box a little (competition is good!) but it'll probably find a happy little niche and do it's own thing. If it's good (right now it's...pretty janky).

    Yeah, and if it is about supporting the chapter then that's awesome! But I'd love to know if these things are planned to happen more frequently or not. This blood hunt just took me so far off guard that I can't abuse the double BP as much I wanted due to scheduling issues.

    That said, I agree VHS isn't really a dbd killer. Heck, I doubt I'll even play the game myself because it has more elements of Evolved and voice chat in my opinion, neither of which I'm too excited about. That said, I do love me some competition and do hope it fosters some more creativity, ingenuity, and just downright better business practices in general for all competitors.

  • I hope it isn't a coincidence

  • Honestly I didn't even consider VHS to begin with, my thought was that it starts the day before the black friday sale (might even start on the 25th for all we know) and it also 'ends' right before the new killer comes out. So if one was cynical, they could be anticipating completely busting the game on update again and have the bloodhunt in place in case they need to 'extend' it as an apology.

  • @Beaburd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658368#Comment_2658368

    Yeah, and if it is about supporting the chapter then that's awesome! But I'd love to know if these things are planned to happen more frequently or not. This blood hunt just took me so far off guard that I can't abuse the double BP as much I wanted due to scheduling issues.

    That said, I agree VHS isn't really a dbd killer. Heck, I doubt I'll even play the game myself because it has more elements of Evolved and voice chat in my opinion, neither of which I'm too excited about. That said, I do love me some competition and do hope it fosters some more creativity, ingenuity, and just downright better business practices in general for all competitors.

    Yerp.

    I was a little irritated myself, as I have a ton of things scheduled tomorrow and Friday, plus setting up Christmas decorations, helping the missus with her scholarship applications etc. Going to get as much of it done this afternoon as possible though.

    I do hope that these events happen more often though because the grind in this game makes it feel like a Freemium title at times.

  • What a funny timing, I wonder if they planned it long ago, if it's because the new killer come out next week, or it's to distract players from the closed beta, look at them being cautious and a bit scared giving us bloodpoints like that.


    Fixing your game and your balance issues and removing MMR is what will make us stay BHVR, not stupid bloodpoints, you are pathetic BHVR.

  • Bloodhunt is great idea. For some reason I never participated that event.


    If BHVR have any worries about something that looks like FtP "meme-engine", well... faster responding and fixing necessary problems inspires more loyalty than just temporary bonus ;)

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm sorry that you're disatisfied with decisions that you do not agree with. However, just to reassure you on one point - our calendar is planned months in advance, as was the Bloodhunt.

    Yes, because Bloodhunts are such a regular occurrence and its normal for them to be scheduled for minor holidays like Black Friday. Classic BHVR planning.

  • Two survivors left to P3 before the next chapter. Figured I could get one done but now its looking like full P3 is in reach.

  • @Fuzzels said:

    It kinda baffles me to see these sometimes but then I remember that I've played for 6 years and BP means almost nothing to me. But then it makes me think about NEW players.. and then I think about the absolutely insane paywall that exists, that as an old player I don't think about at all. 5-10 dollars every 3 months was never an issue when it's all split apart, but like.. as a new player joining the game, holy hell I can imagine that's a terrible feeling.

    Makes me kinda wish we had occasional auric drops, or the.. other currency.. I can't think of what they're called but the things you can buy NON licensed dlc with. Why don't we ever get double events on those?

    honestly, I've never had an issue with bloodpoints or paywall, and started playing during the 5th year anniversary. I did buy a bunch of characters, but most hobbies cost money, and I would've been fine waiting for the iris.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm sorry that you're disatisfied with decisions that you do not agree with. However, just to reassure you on one point - our calendar is planned months in advance, as was the Bloodhunt.

    X to Doubt

  • both games are doing a black friday event. it's not rocket science.

    this isn't like WoW releasing literally every update it's ever had to coincide specifically with an update or release another MMO is doing for years, yknow.

  • I love you DBD community, I really do. When I made this post just sharing bloodhunt dates I did not expect it to turn into what it did but coming back to these notifications was quite amusing and I thank you all. 😂

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://twitter.com/VHSTheGame/status/1463336678626521091?s=20

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1463537952349470724?s=20

    VHS beta launches tomorrow, on the 25th. Directly alongside it this out of the blue bloodhunt suddenly appeared. I want to know the forums thoughts on this, is this simply coincidence or is BHVR actually afraid of the VHS closed beta? Is BHVR trying to bribe us away from playing the beta with bloodpoints?

    Voice your opinions below. Conspiracy or legitimate?

    I really don't think game devs can all decide to makena bloodhunt in less than 2 hours, that's not how game development works.

    It takes a week for a simple announcement so

  • Mobile players had TRIPLE BLOODPOINT gain for halloween + free shards. And for us they only bring it out for VHS beta test.

1 2 ›