Hatch change

I know it's been changed for a bit, but I was just discussing with a friend about how much more fun it used to be when we could see the hatch and escape out of it. So much more laughter and fun, and how since the changed we've picked up and spent more time on other games, cutting our game play on DBD in half.

I want to escape out of the hatch with friends again. Bring it back.

#BringBackTheHatch

Comments

  • No, you’re not bypassing your objective anymore.

  • You almost had the right lingo! You're supposed to say the hatch change has made the game unfun for survivors, it's boring, and there's no counterplay to the 3-gen now

  • No it’s been so much better since keys and hatch got the changes.

  • Early in the game's life if you didn't finish at least 2 gens before the killer wiped your group, the hatch didn't spawn at all.

    Hatch is still easier on survivors than it used to be imo.

  • @Veinslay said:

    You almost had the right lingo! You're supposed to say the hatch change has made the game unfun for survivors, it's boring, and there's no counterplay to the 3-gen now

    Except boons

  • The best part about the hatch was finding a key with plunderer and then searching for your only remaining soloQ teammate without getting seen by the killer. Sneaking around the map actually made this game feel like a horror game.

    I understand keys weren’t balanced and why they were nerfed but they made the game more fun to play, all you do as a survivor now is get chased and do gens. There’s no randomness anymore. I hope BHVR brings back the hatch when they make moris and keys basekit.

  • @Laurie268 said:

    The best part about the hatch was finding a key with plunderer and then searching for your only remaining soloQ teammate without getting seen by the killer. Sneaking around the map actually made this game feel like a horror game.

    I understand keys weren’t balanced and why they were nerfed but they made the game more fun to play, all you do as a survivor now is get chased and do gens. There’s no randomness anymore. I hope BHVR brings back the hatch when they make moris and keys basekit.

    wait, keys are being made base kit?

    I'd heard about moris, but I don't know any of the details.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642540#Comment_2642540

    wait, keys are being made base kit?

    I'd heard about moris, but I don't know any of the details.

    They talked about turning them into something you earn during the trial.

  • I'm glad hatch got nerfed and the keys with it. Before this i dodged every single lobby i saw with a key or i always tunneled that person with a key down or had franklins.

  • @Veinslay said:

    You almost had the right lingo! You're supposed to say the hatch change has made the game unfun for survivors, it's boring, and there's no counterplay to the 3-gen now

    People still think 3-gen is an OP strategy. Lol.

  • Thx no. It was terrible experience and I don't want it back.

  • You're saying bring back the hatch, but it's still there. It's just slightly less unfair because now you have to be the last one in order to get it. That still does nothing to fix slugging the 3rd to get the 4th or opening the hatch with a key. They didn't go far enough. It should be removed. That way nobody's getting absolutely free escapes.

  • Hatch is a useless mmr null freebie, as it should be.

  • I know if you do get them to a 3gen it's still a 50/50 chance it will actually help you win.

  • People like you are pretty much the reason why they made this change.

  • @SackoXA said:

    I know it's been changed for a bit, but I was just discussing with a friend about how much more fun it used to be when we could see the hatch and escape out of it. So much more laughter and fun, and how since the changed we've picked up and spent more time on other games, cutting our game play on DBD in half.

    I want to escape out of the hatch with friends again. Bring it back.

    #BringBackTheHatch

    You need to make it so that it opens when there are 2 survivors left and there will be a moral choice to save a friend from the hook and close the hatch for a while or go into the hatch and win

    Because at the moment, the killers have the advantage of knocking down one player, leaving him to bleed and without losing anything to look for the second one, since the hatch appears only when there is only one survivor

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    You're saying bring back the hatch, but it's still there. It's just slightly less unfair because now you have to be the last one in order to get it. That still does nothing to fix slugging the 3rd to get the 4th or opening the hatch with a key. They didn't go far enough. It should be removed. That way nobody's getting absolutely free escapes.

    problem with that is the last survivor will hide forever.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642541#Comment_2642541

    They talked about turning them into something you earn during the trial.

    cool!

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642678#Comment_2642678

    problem with that is the last survivor will hide forever.

    Well, well let him have a chance to win

  • It is a nice secondary objective, scouring the map once you've met the hatch spawn condition, talking on comms with your team once you've found it, but it is bullshit that the keys opened the hatch instantly, were BP locked, with very little setup time aside from scouring the map, all while the Killer is usually working under the assumption that you're still doing the other objectives instead of an objective that they themselves have no control over (as they can only close the Hatch if it's open, they can't sabotage it in any manner to hinder Survivors/give them an alert if they stumble across it first)

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642676#Comment_2642676

    I know if you do get them to a 3gen it's still a 50/50 chance it will actually help you win.

    That's still way too low. A reliable strategy is gonna be better than 50/50.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642678#Comment_2642678

    problem with that is the last survivor will hide forever.

    Not if we introduce another endgame mechanic to get them to do something. If they don't work on a gen after a minute, they get their aura permanently shown. That's the "taking the game hostage" problem solved. It would never happen though, just like removing the hatch won't.

  • @Veinslay said:

    You almost had the right lingo! You're supposed to say the hatch change has made the game unfun for survivors, it's boring, and there's no counterplay to the 3-gen now

    Not only is there counterplay to 3-gens other than just, leaving with hatch? There is also just not letting it happen, a 3 gen is almost always the survivors fault

  • There's a good reason it was changed, let's keep it this way

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642752#Comment_2642752

    That's still way too low. A reliable strategy is gonna be better than 50/50.

    Yea but st the current time and state of the game that's not possible. I dont run NOED because I am not going to be assuk3d to be a "weak" killer for using it.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2643525#Comment_2643525

    Yea but st the current time and state of the game that's not possible. I dont run NOED because I am not going to be assuk3d to be a "weak" killer for using it.

    It doesn't matter what perk or strategy you run. You're gonna get 1 kill max, get insulted, and you're gonna like it. That's the game we're playing here.

  • @AnObserver said:

    It is a nice secondary objective, scouring the map once you've met the hatch spawn condition, talking on comms with your team once you've found it, but it is bullshit that the keys opened the hatch instantly, were BP locked, with very little setup time aside from scouring the map, all while the Killer is usually working under the assumption that you're still doing the other objectives instead of an objective that they themselves have no control over (as they can only close the Hatch if it's open, they can't sabotage it in any manner to hinder Survivors/give them an alert if they stumble across it first)

    The key is now trash so no one takes it easy

    No seriously guys, in the last 2 months I have not seen at least one person with a key

  • I will agree with this if you bring back old mori (I am talking about the original mori - no hook need) so Killers can deal with key / offering bringers ezi like you want your game super ezi.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I will agree with this if you bring back old mori (I am talking about the original mori - no hook need) so Killers can deal with key / offering bringers ezi like you want your game super ezi.

    Then let the survivors take 4 hits in a row, which is a total of 8 hits and I am in the matter of such a proposal

  • @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644490#Comment_2644490

    I have seen over 10, the hatch shouldn't be a means of escaping, if it is remove dead hard and DS then we can talk about letting hatch trolls existing again.

    Totally should be, just not as easy, quick, with so much capability to remove gameplay as it was before.

  • @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645414#Comment_2645414

    The only thing I believe is needed is it stays as it currently is but remove the opening time to about 1.25 seconds as it currently is when closed it easy to stop the survivor unless the killer is far from the hatch enough so that they can't reach you. But currently way it is should remain a way out for only one. If two make it out in a movie that way it would be rated poorly for it's premise.

    While I agree that two Survivors escaping through hatch should seldom happen (if two are alive the only real method of getting both Survivors out would necessitate that the team has already done most of the generators on top of doing some kind of ritual, during which the Killer should have more than enough time to patrol the map to shut down the ritual components, which also gives Survivors some breathing room to try and complete the last gen or two), that doesn't mean that a Trial can't turn out to be "Act 1" wherein the Killers presence isn't fully felt. (Or where it's the final act, where the Killer kills off most everyone)

  • @AnObserver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645439#Comment_2645439

    While I agree that two Survivors escaping through hatch should seldom happen (if two are alive the only real method of getting both Survivors out would necessitate that the team has already done most of the generators on top of doing some kind of ritual, during which the Killer should have more than enough time to patrol the map to shut down the ritual components, which also gives Survivors some breathing room to try and complete the last gen or two), that doesn't mean that a Trial can't turn out to be "Act 1" wherein the Killers presence isn't fully felt. (Or where it's the final act, where the Killer kills off most everyone)

    When there are only 2 survivors left, the game turns into despondency

    It is necessary that the hatch appears, but the one with the key can go into it

    But if one of them is hung on a hook, then the hatch opens

  • @Hunter_Main_322 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645453#Comment_2645453

    When there are only 2 survivors left, the game turns into despondency

    It is necessary that the hatch appears, but the one with the key can go into it

    But if one of them is hung on a hook, then the hatch opens

    Where did they get the Key? Also noted, will keep in mind to slug the 3rd Survivor.

  • @Hunter_Main_322 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2643400#Comment_2643400

    The key is now trash so no one takes it easy

    No seriously guys, in the last 2 months I have not seen at least one person with a key

    what does that tell you? That survivors only used them for hatch.

  • @AnObserver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645477#Comment_2645477

    Where did they get the Key? Also noted, will keep in mind to slug the 3rd Survivor.

    Then you need to make sure that the keys appear in all chests (even empty ones when there is only one survivor)

    There is a chance that a broken key will come across because of this it will not always be possible to leave with the first chest

    @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644490#Comment_2644490

    what does that tell you? That survivors only used them for hatch.

    That's right, but what does he give now? Despite the fact that he is the most expensive in the bloody web

    God, yes, I don't even want to give 3000 for him

    Now let them make him a quick opening of the gate

    If you are alone then it will take about a second