Just delete leathernoob already

He was never fun to play against before or after his change and the only thing the tubby toad is good for is camping and nothing else. I have played against SEVEN Leatherfaces today and not a single one left their first hook, even at 5 gens. Leatherface is a massive problem and even now with Circle of Healing camping has become much more prevalent.

The devs are always saying "iT'S a VaLiD sTrAtEgY". Well tell me devs, is this your "Valid strategy" that you had in mind!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTj1U1lRK4

This was my first hook by the way. AT FOUR GENS

Comments

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Something desperately needs to be done about bubba. No fun. A complete rework maybe. He was way overbuffed and has no counterplay to his instant down.

    Lockers, Loops, Vaults, Pallets

    If your missing all map areas to evade him, or are caught in a deadzone than rip I guess

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    No, they need to buff Leatherchad. Give him a passive where the people bleed out on hook twice as fast.

    That would be lovely, but weak. The Survivors need to instantly die once hooked in the basement so Bubba doesn't have to camp them, but running Insidious will kill them twice as fast as base speed so basement Bubba doesn't die out

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623133#Comment_2623133

    Too bad it’s here to stay we’re not here to make your matches fun.

    Speak for yourself, as killer main I always try to make the matches fair and fun and I still win more than half my games.

    That said I still love playing as Bubba. But I also never camp with him. I get double downs at hook sometimes still when the survivor I'm chasing decide it's a good plan to take a detour to unhook mid chase, it happens more than I would have thought and I'm not nice enough to let them get away with that kind of behavior.

  • If we deleted every single killer someone finds unfun there wouldnt be any killers left.

  • Gotta love The Bubba, getting facecamped by him is a privilege. Hes a noob stomper, probably why you dont like him. All hail The Bubba.

  • He is fine.

    He is doing his work to kill for the entity.

    As already stated often here with the overpowered survivors this is already hard enough. If you die to his strat it is your fault.

    For newer players it is bad - nothing to say against.

    But the game is equally hard for new killers too.

  • If we nerf leathwrface, people might realize that Demo is arguably a better basement camper and get my pupper nerfed

  • All hail Bubba. Lord of the hook.

  • By very design chasing is becoming less and less efficient. Survivors have a lot of tools 1v1.

    The counter to this is to chase less and force survivors to come to you.

    Its very rare to see survivors grouped up on gens because when you split up and spread pressure across 4 gens at game start its a big hit to the killer that can be hard to recoup right from the outset. If you lose a couple of 1v1's you've basically lost the game given the spread pressure.

    You either chase inefficiently and get no kills or camp and get potentially 2-3. Many games go this way and the reasons are quite obvious.

    Not every camping killer is there to personally ruin your fun and getting pissy and toxic about it is a you problem.

    Salt begets salt if you rail at someone because they camped of course they are probably going to throw back at you it, but making others out to be the villain makes ourselves feel better especially when we aren't happy with outcome. If you get camped and die move on its only a game same as if you get BM'd at the exit gates.

  • Anything more than a 1k using camping is the survivors fault.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    Face camping isn't fun. But, you know what feels a lot like face camping? Playing killer in the game's current state. Imagine being face camped every match... that's what killer feels like in almost every trial.

    Honestly, I think the problem is that there are survivors that don't actually like PvP games, because they don't like to lose. So, they complain until they get what they want, and the devs listen, because survivors spend more money on the game.

    This is what a community looks like when the developers are gaming their own system to make a buck.

    I mean, if you go back to just a year ago, facecamping happened, but it wasn't common. Now it's common. Before Ruin was nerfed, killers often played by the survivor rule book. I used to avoid tunneling and slugging entirely, never used NOED and never face camped. Now, the imbalances can't be overcome without playing dirty. Whether people want to admit it or not, survivors are playing dirty because they have the devs structuring the game in their favor, and killers are just doing what's in their power to make their voices heard.

    Totally agree with this. I play both sides about 50/50 and killer is as miserable as it’s been since I started playing the game (I didn’t play at the very beginning when I hear it was really bad). Pretty much any M1 killer now is useless against the CoH meta. And then the devs thought it would be a good idea to give survivors even more free health states with the snowmen. When I play survivor, I expect to be camped and tunneled because of the awful state of killer right now. I don’t blame them at all

  • @The_BiggCheeze said:

    He was never fun to play against before or after his change and the only thing the tubby toad is good for is camping and nothing else. I have played against SEVEN Leatherfaces today and not a single one left their first hook, even at 5 gens. Leatherface is a massive problem and even now with Circle of Healing camping has become much more prevalent.

    The devs are always saying "iT'S a VaLiD sTrAtEgY". Well tell me devs, is this your "Valid strategy" that you had in mind!?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTj1U1lRK4

    This was my first hook by the way. AT FOUR GENS

    "The devs are always saying "iT'S a VaLiD sTrAtEgY". Well tell me devs, is this your "Valid strategy" that you had in mind!?"


    I know you are saying it sarcastically, but I just wanted to point out that I really hope people stopped justifying their playstyles by stating they're using a strategy just because a streamer said so or they read it somewhere online. Camping/Tunneling are valid AND NEEDED strategies at a certain level, but there's no justification for it when you are going against low-level survivors and it ends up being counterproductive for the killers themselves because they keep taking their MMR up and only get worse matches with less margin to improve their mind games / chasing skills.

    Just like in "real sports" there is a difference between tackling a rival player to prevent a score and just kicking a random player in hopes you can get him out of the field asap.

    Hooking a survivor and managing to lure the team there to down them is a strat, standing in front of your only catch while gens keep popping is not. The same can be said about survivors' "strats". Trying to get the killer's attention to prevent him from going after a teammate makes sense, camping a pallet while clicking a flashlight to annoy the killer is dumb. One is helping the team complete objectives, the other one wastes everyone's time.

  • z7Koo7PMaxaqO-t5Yp3v8jnRiJ_eGY74O02NZEoU4TQ.png

    The possum is the Bubba. The survivors are the pastries. Wouldn't you be mad if someone made you move after that? Do Not Enrage The Bubba!!! Let the poor little guy digest his meal in peace.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    No, they need to buff Leatherchad. Give him a passive where the people bleed out on hook twice as fast.

    Bro I've asked before, but I'd love to hear your bubba build lmao you're so funny here on the forums.

  • @ZephanUnbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622796#Comment_2622796

    If that's true, what an utter garbage system they designed. It should be based on your medals, like the old system was. If all it does is count kills it encourages killers to camp and tunnel. No wonder playing survivor is so awful currently.

    actually its to punish the camper because, they're going to get harder survivors and a harder time getting more than 1 kill. MMR is still a consequence.

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622926#Comment_2622926

    Totally agree with this. I play both sides about 50/50 and killer is as miserable as it’s been since I started playing the game (I didn’t play at the very beginning when I hear it was really bad). Pretty much any M1 killer now is useless against the CoH meta. And then the devs thought it would be a good idea to give survivors even more free health states with the snowmen. When I play survivor, I expect to be camped and tunneled because of the awful state of killer right now. I don’t blame them at all

    Things were more unbalanced in terms of the core aspects of the game at launch, but at launch, people also weren't super efficient and able to use everything like a pro. People were new and still learning and most of this stuff became an issue more as time went on. And many of the perks people complain about did not exist at launch.


    I think the game was less balanced at the time but also people abused that lack of balance less back then, AND there were less tools available for everyone. Many of the problems with balance in this game are tied to some perks. Many of which did not exist 5 years ago.

  • Bubba is the gatekeeper of facecamping.

    Leave him alone.

  • @The_BiggCheeze said:

    He was never fun to play against before or after his change and the only thing the tubby toad is good for is camping and nothing else. I have played against SEVEN Leatherfaces today and not a single one left their first hook, even at 5 gens. Leatherface is a massive problem and even now with Circle of Healing camping has become much more prevalent.

    The devs are always saying "iT'S a VaLiD sTrAtEgY". Well tell me devs, is this your "Valid strategy" that you had in mind!?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTj1U1lRK4

    This was my first hook by the way. AT FOUR GENS

    Do bones

  • Facecamping Bubba is getting his kill and taking his -1 pip for all those frustrated M1 killers out there going up against genrushing SWFs on bad maps with boons all over the place.

    We salute you, Facecamping Bubba

  • @lauraa said:

    If we nerf leathwrface, people might realize that Demo is arguably a better basement camper and get my pupper nerfed

    Demos chase music is enough of an incentive to chase people instead of camping for me lol

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2708485#Comment_2708485

    Demos chase music is enough of an incentive to chase people instead of camping for me lol

    It really is groovy

  • Git gud.

    Heaven forbid Survivors get caught and killed 1st hook. They should have 50 second-chance perks that...Oh, they do.

    Well, they should have perks that literally make it impossible for Killers to kill unless they check a questionnaire that asks 'Did you have enough fun?' If the Survivor checks 'No'; he's removed from the hook, given immunity to literally everything, and allowed to do gens for 5 minutes before he can be hooked again!

  • if someone gets camped by a bubba and anyone other than that person dies it's your fault for losing, get good

  • I agree, but every time I say "stop saving your camped friends" I get drug. You can either get 3 people out by doing gens and not giving a ######### about the hooked survivor, or you can let him 3-4k cuz you kept running in. The only way to get them to stop camping is to force them to stop.

    If they care about BP then they won't get very many. If they care about ranks, then they won't gain MMR or a pip from playing with no altruism. They camp at 5 gens because they know someone is going to come save, and the more people they can stop from doing gens, while also guaranteeing someone is on the hook the higher chance they have to win.

1 2 3 ›