It’s very clear y’all want Spirit gutted

Just admit it, you very clearly won’t be satisfied on Spirit’s state until she’s actually unfun and janky to play as and when she’s jokingly easy to loop. I understood complaints pre-nerf because she gave no information and that wasn’t fun but now she does give information.

Survivors, I really hate to break it to you but a killer’s power isn’t supposed to benefit survivors literally at all. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t have ways to play around them but the killer should have the control. You do have ways to play around Spirit that isn’t just running around junk and pressing space bar. You have to be mindful now. I’m not saying you have to like playing against her but please don’t act like Spirit isn’t fair now. Just because you find something unfun doesn’t mean it needs a change.

BHVR, I know I may give y’all ######### at times but fantastic job on the Spirit changes. I think some of her add ons need to be tweaked but otherwise she’s in the best place she’s ever been. One of the most balanced killers in the game.

Comments

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/293204/it-s-very-clear-y-all-want-spirit-gutted

    Honestly yeah - I want Spirit deleted - Still isn't fun to play against but she's bearable with the audio change but still not great to play against.

    I'm fine with Nurse for example because her power is telegraphed - I just have zero sympathy for Spirit players getting gen rushed because out of every killer in the game she's just boring and unfun to play against. I tried to be open minded about the change but nah there's no balancing her to be fun to play against especially compared to other killers.

    I am admittedly also a biased Nurse main. I'm of the opinion that if a killer is strong they shouldn't be brainlessly easy to play either.

    Sounds like it’s your opinion. Just because you find a killer unfun doesn’t mean they deserve a nerf.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    Lets look at a list-

    Killer in need of a nerf:

    • Nurse

    Killers in need of a buff:

    • Clown
    • Hag
    • Trapper
    • Hillbilly
    • Cenobite
    • Executioner
    • Pig
    • Demogorgon
    • Myers
    • Ghostface

    And likely many, many more

    Why nurse? Shes dead and feels ######### to play since her overnerf. At least shes not one of the noskill basic M1 killers that just outruns you eventually if you have no pallets/windows anymore. Littearly the only fun killer to verse. I’d rather have dickslinger nerfed again just to make sure noone plays that mf, or if they do, they’ll be a joke

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622789#Comment_2622789

    I feel like I’m going in circles every time I tell people she’s fine but I’ll say it again: She. Moves. At. One. Hundred. Seventy. Six. Percent. Movement. Speed. In case you haven’t realized, that is pretty fast which makes knowing her location not that big of a deal if you make the right reads and play her correctly.

    Ok but speed doesnt do any good if your blind and deaf getting almost no feed back to where a player is. Speed isn't everything and people need to stop acting like it is she loses completely sight of a survivor for a speed increase its a fair trade off. Scratch marks are extremely inaccurate, sounds are buggy and IW is meta. Oh and let's remind everyone she wasn't even the best killer and was only considered to much when running specific add ons and the stand still bs.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622794#Comment_2622794

    Sounds like it’s your opinion. Just because you find a killer unfun doesn’t mean they deserve a nerf.

    You made a thread and you got an answer - You won't change my mind - But no honestly yes they deserve a nerf. BHVR hopefully took Spirit as a learning lesson that it's a minority in the community who enjoy versing her because of the way she telegraphs the power. It's not that she's too strong (She used to be though) it's that she's unfun because you have to guess a lot with her instead of being able to make consistent choices against her.

    And yeah - It's my opinion - Just like very clearly the majority of the community doesn't care for Spirit. You can say the forum will have some vocal supporters but again they are a minority. Make an in game poll and I guarantee you the turnout would be the majority disliking Spirit.

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622798#Comment_2622798

    You made a thread and you got an answer - You won't change my mind - But no honestly yes they deserve a nerf. BHVR hopefully took Spirit as a learning lesson that it's a minority in the community who enjoy versing her because of the way she telegraphs the power. It's not that she's too strong (She used to be though) it's that she's unfun because you have to guess a lot with her instead of being able to make consistent choices against her.

    And yeah - It's my opinion - Just like very clearly the majority of the community doesn't care for Spirit. You can say the forum will have some vocal supporters but again they are a minority. Make an in game poll and I guarantee you the turnout would be the majority disliking Spirit.

    B03E757D-ACB7-4F38-A83B-6202EBF028EA.jpeg

    I did make a public poll several weeks ago asking how balanced everyone thinks she is. Only 1 person of the 60 thinks she’s still just as unfair. The majority even thought she sucks now which was 25%. So yeah, it does seem like a lot of people don’t believe that Spirit is still unfair.

    Let me just say that you really don’t have to like a killer. I love Spirit but if you want to hate her, hate her. But please don’t act like people that enjoy Spirit deserve the worst and that she’s unhealthy for the game only because you don’t like her. If something was an actual problem then the devs should deal with it, like the old stand still mind game that you can’t do anymore. All of Spirit’s problems were solved except for 2 or 3 add ons. What’s so problematic about her base kit? Is it because you can’t run easily around junk and mindlessly press space bar against her?

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622798#Comment_2622798

    You made a thread and you got an answer - You won't change my mind - But no honestly yes they deserve a nerf. BHVR hopefully took Spirit as a learning lesson that it's a minority in the community who enjoy versing her because of the way she telegraphs the power. It's not that she's too strong (She used to be though) it's that she's unfun because you have to guess a lot with her instead of being able to make consistent choices against her.

    And yeah - It's my opinion - Just like very clearly the majority of the community doesn't care for Spirit. You can say the forum will have some vocal supporters but again they are a minority. Make an in game poll and I guarantee you the turnout would be the majority disliking Spirit.

    Swf is also very unfun to play against as a killer yet there has been no changes to make it more fun for the killer

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622797#Comment_2622797

    Ok but speed doesnt do any good if your blind and deaf getting almost no feed back to where a player is. Speed isn't everything and people need to stop acting like it is she loses completely sight of a survivor for a speed increase its a fair trade off. Scratch marks are extremely inaccurate, sounds are buggy and IW is meta. Oh and let's remind everyone she wasn't even the best killer and was only considered to much when running specific add ons and the stand still bs.

    It’s called having skill, practice, and experience.

  • Poll Image

    @TheGannMan

    I said in-game Poll so you get votes from players who spend more time in the game rather than the forums. I do for the most part trust the judgement of players on the forums but you have to admit - Some of us have days where we can spend too much time on the forums. It's best to get live feedback from people who recently or are actively playing the game.

    Visually and thematically I love Spirit - Power wise she's unfun.

    If audio wasn't bugged half the time where her small nerf worked consistently I'd be fine with her. BHVR however has a tendency to just break audio or it just not working more than half the time so quite honestly they should either add the other suggested nerf they had or rework her.

    In regards to dealing with problems in game BHVR takes forever to handle things. Sometimes for good reason and in this situation yeah it's an entire killer so I'm lenient on it. Still doesn't mean I won't voice my opinion about it. Truthfully if audio wasn't bugged a lot of the time I'd say she was balanced. However directional audio doesn't always work properly in game so I can't say she's fine since the way BHVR balanced her or tried to was through audio tweaks.

    @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622812#Comment_2622812

    Swf is also very unfun to play against as a killer yet there has been no changes to make it more fun for the killer

    While you are correct this thread is about Spirit not SWF's. I'm not going to bring up other things that irritate me in a thread about Spirit. If I did I'd be mentioning how the majority of survivor items are broken and anything that lowers time required to perform an action as survivor should be nerfed into the ground. Especially if it's low risk like a medkit.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622811#Comment_2622811

    It’s called having skill, practice, and experience.

    The samethijg could of been said playing against old Spirit survivors could have not dc or kill themselves on first hook and try to learn to predict her you know like killers have to do all match.

  • I really enjoyed playing against old silent Prayer Beads Spirit :)

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622568#Comment_2622568

    I really enjoyed playing against old silent Prayer Beads Spirit :)

    That add-on was a bit over the top, despite the good jumpscares that it gave me. However I loved her collision and lack of vault animation.

    The sheer strength never bothered me. It was just so creepy and it fitted so well in DBD.

    That is the Spirit I really loved.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622812#Comment_2622812

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SODLGL10ZE6F/b03e757d-acb7-4f38-a83b-6202ebf028ea.jpeg

    I did make a public poll several weeks ago asking how balanced everyone thinks she is. Only 1 person of the 60 thinks she’s still just as unfair. The majority even thought she sucks now which was 25%. So yeah, it does seem like a lot of people don’t believe that Spirit is still unfair.

    Let me just say that you really don’t have to like a killer. I love Spirit but if you want to hate her, hate her. But please don’t act like people that enjoy Spirit deserve the worst and that she’s unhealthy for the game only because you don’t like her. If something was an actual problem then the devs should deal with it, like the old stand still mind game that you can’t do anymore. All of Spirit’s problems were solved except for 2 or 3 add ons. What’s so problematic about her base kit? Is it because you can’t run easily around junk and mindlessly press space bar against her?

    Damn you just did 'em dirty like that

  • @Tr1nity said:

    Lets look at a list-

    Killer in need of a nerf:

    • Nurse

    Killers in need of a buff:

    • Clown
    • Hag
    • Trapper
    • Hillbilly
    • Cenobite
    • Executioner
    • Pig
    • Demogorgon
    • Myers
    • Ghostface

    And likely many, many more

    Hag doesn’t need buffs, the only times she struggles is against a very coordinated SWF

  • @Toastyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621926#Comment_2621926

    Hag doesn’t need buffs, the only times she struggles is against a very coordinated SWF

    Not wrong

  • I think that Spirit shouldn't even been nerfed the way they did. All she needed was a way for survivors to know if she's phasing to prevent the stand still "mindgame". That's it.

  • @RenRen said:

    I think that Spirit shouldn't even been nerfed the way they did. All she needed was a way for survivors to know if she's phasing to prevent the stand still "mindgame". That's it.

    A.

    I agree

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    It's not a Spirit thing, its an any killer that prevents easy time for survivors. For some reason, people in this game can't handle losing or making mistakes and want the devs to make it easier and easier.

    I'm sorry but no. Survivors hate killers that are miserable to face. Old Billy is a prime example of a fun strong killer. Nobody asked for Nurse to be gutted. Aside from one build you rarely see Blight get complaints. Or Oni. Power level has never been the reason people hate Spirit.

    @topic I haven't seen many Spirit complaints lately. I can't see if her nerf was too much or too little yet. I've only seen a couple of Spirits since.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621893#Comment_2621893

    I'm sorry but no. Survivors hate killers that are miserable to face. Old Billy is a prime example of a fun strong killer. Nobody asked for Nurse to be gutted. Aside from one build you rarely see Blight get complaints. Or Oni. Power level has never been the reason people hate Spirit.

    @topic I haven't seen many Spirit complaints lately. I can't see if her nerf was too much or too little yet. I've only seen a couple of Spirits since.

    Everybody is asking for nurse to be gutted

  • @Clowning said:

    It's genuinely true. And there's always the same argument of 1v1 having to have a "counterplay" and it has to be "fun to face", which means Killers either end up either feeling janky as hell or straight up don't stand a chance. I really get the issue that it should be fun to verse a Killer, but this is a 4v1 game, not a 1v1, there has to be a better way.

    Aside from the sometimes ridiculous hitboxes Huntress is probably the best example of a fun 1vs1 killer.

  • @GannTM said:

    Just admit it, you very clearly won’t be satisfied on Spirit’s state until she’s actually unfun and janky to play as and when she’s jokingly easy to loop. I understood complaints pre-nerf because she gave no information and that wasn’t fun but now she does give information.

    Survivors, I really hate to break it to you but a killer’s power isn’t supposed to benefit survivors literally at all. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t have ways to play around them but the killer should have the control. You do have ways to play around Spirit that isn’t just running around junk and pressing space bar. You have to be mindful now. I’m not saying you have to like playing against her but please don’t act like Spirit isn’t fair now. Just because you find something unfun doesn’t mean it needs a change.

    BHVR, I know I may give y’all ######### at times but fantastic job on the Spirit changes. I think some of her add ons need to be tweaked but otherwise she’s in the best place she’s ever been. One of the most balanced killers in the game.

    I agree, the changes were good for the most part.

    I just wish they would remove the directional/proximity aspect of the audio cue, because it breaks some mind games. Now, the only mind games that really work are at vaults/pallets. No more phasing to an unsuspecting survivor without them knowing after hitting someone you're chasing.

    Maybe make the audible cue only available to people currently in a chase, and everyone else just hears a flat whooshing.

  • I haven't seen it mentioned. Of course I could have missed it. I was referring to her nerf a couple of years ago though. All anybody wanted was her addons toned down.

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/293204/it-s-very-clear-y-all-want-spirit-gutted

    Honestly yeah - I want Spirit deleted - Still isn't fun to play against but she's bearable with the audio change but still not great to play against.

    I'm fine with Nurse for example because her power is telegraphed - I just have zero sympathy for Spirit players getting gen rushed because out of every killer in the game she's just boring and unfun to play against. I tried to be open minded about the change but nah there's no balancing her to be fun to play against especially compared to other killers.

    I am admittedly also a biased Nurse main. I'm of the opinion that if a killer is strong they shouldn't be brainlessly easy to play either.

    The spirit is not easy to play. Hell, I think nurse can be a bit easier at times because you can mostly see what's going on! Theres so much guesswork going on for the people playing as, and those playing against the spirit. The losing sight is what makes her so challenging to both sides.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623179#Comment_2623179

    I haven't seen it mentioned. Of course I could have missed it. I was referring to her nerf a couple of years ago though. All anybody wanted was her addons toned down.

    oh that, im comparativly new to the game, joining in the 5th anniversary, lately, nerf nurse posts have been going up, but I wasnt around a couple years ago, I imagine your right.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622885#Comment_2622885

    That add-on was a bit over the top, despite the good jumpscares that it gave me. However I loved her collision and lack of vault animation.

    The sheer strength never bothered me. It was just so creepy and it fitted so well in DBD.

    That is the Spirit I really loved.

    I actually prefer her without collision as it makes her feel more ethereal to me :)

    I loved her old vault animation though for the same reasons! I would love to see them give her a modified version of Pinheads where he phases through <3

  • I'm surprised people still complain about her when she's not viable without RIng.

    Ngl, without Ring, she feels ultimately dead on high MMR. What MMR are they? 😂

    Survivors now can verse her with how she used to down survivors (sound focus) and still Iron WIll, Spine Chill make her hard to play.

  • I never had an issue with Spirit, it really didn't bother me to face her. I found her fun and still do.

    If people are still complaining now, well they're clearly immature and lacking brain cells lmao

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622327#Comment_2622327

    It's an iri add on that is supposed to help the killer? Why does it need a big downside?

    Where's the big downside of BNP or Syringe add ons exactly?

    BNP and Syringe are pathetic addons man. styptic agent and commodious toolbox + 2 charges or 1 charge + 30% repair speed are where its at 😌

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622293#Comment_2622293

    I'm sorry, but have you ever played Spirit with MDR? Do you know how difficult is to track people when you move at +40% speed? You need to be a bat to hit healthy and iron will players. If people juke you rightly you will be punished A LOT.

    if you're having trouble, pair MDR and dried cherry blossom and you're good to go :)

  • @Yords said:

    The real only killer who needs a nerf to their power is nurse, far in the future, but hers is the only one who needs actual nerfs.

    But MD ring on spirit is still kinda dumb

    Why is it dumb?

  • I told you the complaints weren't going to stop, fam. I have literally no idea how people are even getting in games with her enough to still whine about Spirit.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I told you the complaints weren't going to stop, fam. I have literally no idea how people are even getting in games with her enough to still whine about Spirit.

    I still play as her

  • Nice, I miss going against her, and now she has the jamming tunes to bop to while you get chased. I miss her.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623622#Comment_2623622

    Nice, I miss going against her, and now she has the jamming tunes to bop to while you get chased. I miss her.

    It's a bit harder to get a good jumpscare from her though with the directional audio but it's still fun to play her

  • She fundamentally breaks the game so yes

  • I just want pyramid head nerfed or completely changed. Very braindead killer.

  • Wasn’t ptb spirit pretty much the same as this version barring add ons?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622568#Comment_2622568

    Wasn’t ptb spirit pretty much the same as this version barring add ons?

    No, not exactly.

  • A huge problem with the "Spireh hAs nO cOunt3r!!" is that they don't realise there are literally 3 other survivors doing gens and progressing the state of the game whilst the killer is still trying to chase your ass through windows and a ton of pallets!! And even when they eventually hook you, you'll be rescued and healed up to continue to progress the game whilst someone else entertains the killer.

    It's a 4v1, not a 1v1 + 1v1 + 1v1 + 1v1

  • @legacycolt said:

    I just want pyramid head nerfed or completely changed. Very braindead killer.

    He doesn't need nerfed any more than he has been.

  • @lav3 said:

    I'm surprised people still complain about her when she's not viable without RIng.

    Ngl, without Ring, she feels ultimately dead on high MMR. What MMR are they? 😂

    Survivors now can verse her with how she used to down survivors (sound focus) and still Iron WIll, Spine Chill make her hard to play.

    She’s not completely dependent on add ons. I’ve been using her without those top tier add ons and I’m still doing fine.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623593#Comment_2623593

    She’s not completely dependent on add ons. I’ve been using her without those top tier add ons and I’m still doing fine.

    How many frags a game?

  • @legacycolt said:

    I just want pyramid head nerfed or completely changed. Very braindead killer.

    He really isn’t but ok.

  • Who the hell want executioner nerfed. He's fine where he is.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623958#Comment_2623958

    Who the hell want executioner nerfed. He's fine where he is.

    Honestly I have no idea. Let’s nerf everyone because everyone is OP. Clown’s bottles offer no way for survivors to play around them so let’s nerf them.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623960#Comment_2623960

    Honestly I have no idea. Let’s nerf everyone because everyone is OP. Clown’s bottles offer no way for survivors to play around them so let’s nerf them.

    Yes, monstorous shrine rewards camping, clearly needs a nerf.

  • If it's a killer that can reflect the Killer players skill, and their win isn't up to a chance. Then the survivor player base wants it gutted.

  • @Kurri said:

    If it's a killer that can reflect the Killer players skill, and their win isn't up to a chance. Then the survivor player base wants it gutted.

    Yes, heres what survivors want from killers,

    Low skill cieling

    High skill floor

    "Counterplay" so easy you might as well not even have the ability in the first place.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623960#Comment_2623960

    Honestly I have no idea. Let’s nerf everyone because everyone is OP. Clown’s bottles offer no way for survivors to play around them so let’s nerf them.

    “Clown’s tonics now only slow by 10% to keep in line with the antidote”

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623962#Comment_2623962

    “Clown’s tonics now only slow by 10% to keep in line with the antidote”

    And slow clown by 20%

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623962#Comment_2623962

    “Clown’s tonics now only slow by 10% to keep in line with the antidote”

    He’d still be OP, gotta make sure the noobs get easy wins.

1 2 3 4 5