Another camping thread - Its getting worse

So there have been a lot of talk of campers on here, and I have been a big advocate that proxy camping is not a problem, waiting for the save and then going on the chase. This keeps you busy, spreads the love and gives the survivors a chance to save and play. I normally get more hooks, even if I lose the game, but when I get a 4K I know I have earned it.

Face camping is a big no, because it's boring, spoils the game for all and is not worth it. Why get one hook and about 10K of blood points, when I can get multiple hooks and over 30K or more and have more fun.

I have been playing for about a month, so up until tonight I have only met a few face campers, the proxy campers I respect, even if the tunnel me, after all three survivors doing gens if better the four. I have met a few campers, normally Bubba's which I understand an bit, and one streamer who I had looped for a while in another game and he did not catch me, although he tunnelled me, who actually took time to find me in another game, just to get me down and then stood in front of me, hitting me with axe. I think I met somebody the other day who was just bad and camped me, but got off hook and left. And one last night who I ended up 4%, being on a hill by gate with wraith stood in front of gate, injured but with med kit, and as the others left, hatch spawn right behind me.

Today a friend and I played for six hours. We had no boon totems, I had the usual build of sprint burst, kindred, borrowed time, resilience, my friend had no perks or addons because of Steam achievements, but in six hours of playing, one game did not involve a face camper, whether it was us or some random person who just joined in lobby somebody was face camped, and these was on 4 and 5 gens. Then when you saw their loadouts, it was BBQ and Chilli, NoEd, Ruin, Iron Grasp, No way out, then offerings like Mori, iridescent or very rare addons. Some was console players, some PC, some low ranks who I can understand a bit if the can't chase, some high red ranks. We had Bubbas, a Trickster who actually stood in front of me and threw knives, somebody had a Huntress throwing hatchets, we had a Legion, but to be fair it was an indoor map and they was having a hard time getting a kill, but many others did not even give chase much, got one lucky hit, hooked and then would not leave the hook, even when other players stood looking.

It does not bother me if they really want to face camp, it give me time to browse the web inbetween and all the time the killer is with me, the rest of the team can watch kindred and carry on with gens. When the gens are done they can rescue me and we can leave, or I die and the killer gets one kill, but it seems like the problem is growing and with more and more survivor players getting fed up with it, how long before people decide to leave the game.

People moan about players who DC, it is so easy on a console to hit the off button. Even with a 24 hour ban and come back the next day, or never. The problem is not with people who DC, its the way people play.

Now I know some killer mains will say about gen rushing, which we was not, in fact we was spending time doing totems, chests and things for challenges. It was just because they was either that bad, wanted to play to spoil the game, or thought it was the only way to get a kill and think it was a win.

Something needs to be done about face camping.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    The issue with facecamping is that, yeah, we'd all love to get rid of it. It sucks.

    However, there isn't really a way to punish facecampers without punishing honest players.

    Exactly. A “fix” to facecamping will still screw over camping in valid situations such as when you HAVE to camp during endgame, or if people are simply hovering around the hook.

    I think (face)camping should be one of the last major issues that BHVR addresses, if ever. Besides, only Bubba can truly prevent an unhook. Others like Billy and Myers have to commit to downing one person so that leaves the opportunity for a second person to come in. And facecamping doesn’t even guarantee a kill anyway for most of the killer roster.

  • @Toastyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/293126/another-camping-thread-its-getting-worse

    Killers are face camping due to knowing they can’t win a match because either gens went too quick or they can’t catch the survivors very easily. The busted boon totems are also why people are face camping so it most likely wont calm down till they nerf boons.

    "I don't have the skill or I've had bad RNG which is a staple of this game's formula that I've agreed to enduring by playing it at least a few times, so I'm just going to stand still and make sure little interaction is made by anyone on the team because it's definitely their fault for being at least decent at an imbalanced game that's supposed to be play for fun alone. If I'm having a bad time, everyone else should too, that's why I play video games."

    Please play another game. I can get behind this stuff when all gens have popped, but until then? You should probably just stay away from this game if that's your kneejerk reaction to people probably playing the game normally. God, people really have the pettiest reactions in this game. It's absolutely refreshing that many streamers don't have this attitude and either go for as many chases as possible or just win despite the odds.

  • Go search camping on the Steam forums and tell me its worse now.

  • @legacycolt said:

    I heard they’re looking into facecamping and I really can’t wait for the results.

    They also talked about an early game warm up so survivors cant rush gens but no word on that.

    They also stated the killer needs to be able to defend the hook. But its not the first time they said one thing and did the opposite. They used to say they would never have a clown killer :p

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621512#Comment_2621512

    The complain threads about camping increased shortly after the Undying nerf. The DS nerf was later.

    Oh and the devs showed survival rate with/without DS both before and after the nerf. They looked exactly the same.

    I never had problems with camping/tunneling when Undying was nerfed. It got pretty bad after the DS nerf. I seen the survival rate. That doesn’t really mean much. I think DS should work twice. It’s an anti tunnel perk and it should do its job better than it currently does.

  • This is exactly what it needs. This would stop a lot of the tunneling that’s happening. :)

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2620913#Comment_2620913

    They also talked about an early game warm up so survivors cant rush gens but no word on that.

    They also stated the killer needs to be able to defend the hook. But its not the first time they said one thing and did the opposite. They used to say they would never have a clown killer :p

    There has been word. The last QA stated it was abandon. You can stop holding your breath now.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621694#Comment_2621694

    There has been word. The last QA stated it was abandon. You can stop holding your breath now.

    I stopped holding my breath long ago along with the hope they would fix nurses bugs but ty for the update.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621591#Comment_2621591

    I never had problems with camping/tunneling when Undying was nerfed. It got pretty bad after the DS nerf. I seen the survival rate. That doesn’t really mean much. I think DS should work twice. It’s an anti tunnel perk and it should do its job better than it currently does.

    I wouldn't mind DS working after each hook state, IF the game was properly balanced.

    But not with the current state of the game.

    People asked for a additional objectives for survivors, in order to reduce the pressure on killers. What we got instead was a additional objective for killers which have already to little time and end up doing the most basic thing to "secure" a kill: camp.

  • I'd say I get face camped all of once per 100 games on average. Quite the epidemic. I get tbagged virtually every game as killer though.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621707#Comment_2621707

    Would you like an option to kick the killer in the balls as you tbag at the exit gate when every game is a 4k escape ?

    I get it. You like to fall in to the "lulz survivor main here !" meme. But the people playing killer need wins as well.

    What you're asking is EXTREMELY unrealistic on giving 12 chases and getting 12 downs before gens are popped in literally any match. No tunneling, camping, etc.

    I’m actually not a survivor main. Camping/tunneling is a big problem. Killers can literally keep survivors from playing and ruin their games. This is something that happens in almost every game. DS is a anti tunnel perk and it needs to do it’s job better.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621704#Comment_2621704

    I wouldn't mind DS working after each hook state, IF the game was properly balanced.

    But not with the current state of the game.

    People asked for a additional objectives for survivors, in order to reduce the pressure on killers. What we got instead was a additional objective for killers which have already to little time and end up doing the most basic thing to "secure" a kill: camp.

    The game could be more balanced for both sides, I agree. This is definitely something that could be tested, though.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621740#Comment_2621740

    The game could be more balanced for both sides, I agree. This is definitely something that could be tested, though.

    You'd see every survivor run DS if it worked twice.

  • You'd also see a hell of a lot more slugging and if it got bad enough.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621813#Comment_2621813

    You'd also see a hell of a lot more slugging and if it got bad enough.

    good point

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621813#Comment_2621813

    You'd also see a hell of a lot more slugging and if it got bad enough.

    I could deal with that.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621854#Comment_2621854

    I would just become a bubba main. And make sure they never get off the hook. 🤷

    slap on that basement build!

  • Tbh i dont think the devs will do anything about it. They said they find camping a legit strat and i think they are too lazy to try change it and lets be honest they would probably ######### that up like everything else. I can see why killers do it but it does suck for survivors and ruins the mood, i dont get why they kept nerfing killer and nerfed DS so hard it doesnt do its job, yes DS needed a nerf but not this severe. I do find camping or tunneling happens 3 games out of 5 and yeah its not fun its depressing.

    In terms of killer i dont get why tbags are so bad, i play a bit of killer and just dont look at the exit gate if they are all there, no chance to change tbagging without doing a ridiculous cooldown on crouching which i find stupid.

  • Need to freeze the time of death on the hook if the killer set up camp

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621668#Comment_2621668

    It's not typically done to "ruin others fun" Get over yourself

    It's the inevitable consequence of it. Ruins the survivors' fun but also your own, because I know no human being that actually has fun standing in one area. Trolls might think it's funny, but it isn't stimulating or 'fun'. Perhaps the intent isn't malicious, but this is the consequence. And even then the intent isn't all that brilliant if that's your strategic choice before all gens have popped. Game's never lost until they're out of the gate. But then again current metas have conditioned many to obsess over generators.

    Although I'll agree that my first post was a bit 'too much', I suppose I was frustrated to see this when I don't resort to this sort of mindset when I'm playing killer, but those I face do far too often. It's tiring and I honestly think longer queues are worth the gain in fun games.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621800#Comment_2621800

    Sure, sure. So you say. But somehow it's ok for killers to have 3 hooks before the game is over 🤷. Sounds like a lot of fun

    I don't really care what you think. I don't tunnel or camp and I usually do pretty well. Maybe you need to get better? Idk.

  • I've read a lot of these post and seem to have an understanding of people's different opinions. I see that people see things different depending on the side of the fence.

    If you mainly play killer, you don't like DS, gen speed, boon totems and the like, and these seem to be the reason why some people camp. Of course there will always be the ones that do it, purely for their own enjoyment to spoil the game for others, some that do it because the survivor is doing what they are supposed to do, such as use pallets and flashlight. Neither of these reason do I personally agree with. I don't play to spoil other peoples fun, and if I spend a game being hit by pallets or flashlights, that's down to me. I need to respect pallets and avoid the lights, or bring lightborn, but the majority seem to feel they need to do it for fear of losing.

    Survivor mains seem to hate it, and gen rush for fear of being hooked and camped. Or they load up on perks to try to ensure they don't get hooked, using all the things that killers don't like.

    Here is the problem and it is not just a game problem, it's more of a people problem. The game can never be totally balanced for everyone. Somebody who plays for hours as a killer or survivor, knows more then somebody who plays casual. You can't nerf things like gen speeds and perks for survivors and not expect it to hinder the casual and new players. Same as if you take out the perks that killers need, it will hinder people on lower levels.

    As gamers, we are all competitive if we play these sorts of games, we hate to lose and will win at any cost. It's why there is so much endgame arguing. I have seen streamers blame people of cheating when they get beat, or just search for toxic DBD on Youtube. This is what needs to be changed, is the acceptance that some games you lose, some games win. In every game there are winners and losers, somebody who plays better then you. This mentality that you must get a kill or escape every game, you must pip up, level up, get high BP every game is why the game is suffering. If you win over 50% of your games then you are doing well, if not then look how you can change the way you play.

    I have felt so much better about the game since I changed my outlook on it, stopped playing for wins and just had fun. So what if I lose a chase because they had some perk, so what if they unhook and escape or heal because of a boon totem. It's ggs and onto the next game.

    Are there problems in the game, yes, but they won't change, you have to live with it. It was annoying being face camped, but it did not actually harm me, its a game. I feel that there are many players that will leave the game because of it and many that will never play it.

    It is the biggest problem I can see in the game at the moment. Tea bagging at the gate I hate but it is just an action and does not spoil the game, it can be ignored.

    Players have to learn that you win some, you lose some. Incidentally, I just played a game against a Ghost face, I was tunnelled and out first, my friend survived. End chat came and noticed the killer had one perk, so we all said gg's, one said nice chasing, expecting the killer just to move on or say ggs back. What we got was a torrent of abuse about playing female characters.

  • The game is like this now because of the Devs. They continuously try to make survivor fun to play while trying to make killer a challenge (their own words), and because of that they make playing Killer a stressful experience. Until the devs get their ######### together and balance the maps, fix hit validation, balance perks and balance killers to actually make the game fair, the game is going to continue to be like this. The devs just need to stop balancing the game around new/lower skilled players.

  • @Voodoo101 said:

    So there have been a lot of talk of campers on here, and I have been a big advocate that proxy camping is not a problem, waiting for the save and then going on the chase. This keeps you busy, spreads the love and gives the survivors a chance to save and play. I normally get more hooks, even if I lose the game, but when I get a 4K I know I have earned it.

    Face camping is a big no, because it's boring, spoils the game for all and is not worth it. Why get one hook and about 10K of blood points, when I can get multiple hooks and over 30K or more and have more fun.

    I have been playing for about a month, so up until tonight I have only met a few face campers, the proxy campers I respect, even if the tunnel me, after all three survivors doing gens if better the four. I have met a few campers, normally Bubba's which I understand an bit, and one streamer who I had looped for a while in another game and he did not catch me, although he tunnelled me, who actually took time to find me in another game, just to get me down and then stood in front of me, hitting me with axe. I think I met somebody the other day who was just bad and camped me, but got off hook and left. And one last night who I ended up 4%, being on a hill by gate with wraith stood in front of gate, injured but with med kit, and as the others left, hatch spawn right behind me.

    Today a friend and I played for six hours. We had no boon totems, I had the usual build of sprint burst, kindred, borrowed time, resilience, my friend had no perks or addons because of Steam achievements, but in six hours of playing, one game did not involve a face camper, whether it was us or some random person who just joined in lobby somebody was face camped, and these was on 4 and 5 gens. Then when you saw their loadouts, it was BBQ and Chilli, NoEd, Ruin, Iron Grasp, No way out, then offerings like Mori, iridescent or very rare addons. Some was console players, some PC, some low ranks who I can understand a bit if the can't chase, some high red ranks. We had Bubbas, a Trickster who actually stood in front of me and threw knives, somebody had a Huntress throwing hatchets, we had a Legion, but to be fair it was an indoor map and they was having a hard time getting a kill, but many others did not even give chase much, got one lucky hit, hooked and then would not leave the hook, even when other players stood looking.

    It does not bother me if they really want to face camp, it give me time to browse the web inbetween and all the time the killer is with me, the rest of the team can watch kindred and carry on with gens. When the gens are done they can rescue me and we can leave, or I die and the killer gets one kill, but it seems like the problem is growing and with more and more survivor players getting fed up with it, how long before people decide to leave the game.

    People moan about players who DC, it is so easy on a console to hit the off button. Even with a 24 hour ban and come back the next day, or never. The problem is not with people who DC, its the way people play.

    Now I know some killer mains will say about gen rushing, which we was not, in fact we was spending time doing totems, chests and things for challenges. It was just because they was either that bad, wanted to play to spoil the game, or thought it was the only way to get a kill and think it was a win.

    Something needs to be done about face camping.

    They nerf tunneling/camping you won't have any killers left. I know people say this, but it's all that's left. They nerf those two things, they nerf the remaining strategies and they break their game.

  • I'm not the one complaining about getting hooks and kills. How do we know how high our MMR is?

  • Facecamping is normal. But you can try using the solution with the Executioner's cage. When a survivor is on a hook, he will teleport to the farthest hook except the basement. But if the survivor is on the hook in the basement, then he will not teleport anywhere.

  • I will say only 1 thing about camping:

    Stop complaining about it and get good. It is a bad strategy if your team does gens. And lastly there is no fix. The fact people complain about face camping is nothing new, you see complaints in other games about camping, but in dbd people are very VERY upset about it.

  • @WolfyLegend123 said:

    I will say only 1 thing about camping:

    Stop complaining about it and get good. It is a bad strategy if your team does gens. And lastly there is no fix. The fact people complain about face camping is nothing new, you see complaints in other games about camping, but in dbd people are very VERY upset about it.

    How can you get good if you're being camped, lol. I can run the killer for 5 gens, then get camped on first hook, but I somehow need to get better? The devs said recently that they are gonna try to deal with facecamping. It doesn't matter if your team escapes... the survivor that died had their game ruined. That's not fair.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623615#Comment_2623615

    How can you get good if you're being camped, lol. I can run the killer for 5 gens, then get camped on first hook, but I somehow need to get better? The devs said recently that they are gonna try to deal with facecamping. It doesn't matter if your team escapes... the survivor that died had their game ruined. That's not fair.

    Look how many times they tried to deal with facecamping and got abused by survivors??? I wouldn't get your hope about this one. I'm just saying.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623977#Comment_2623977

    Look how many times they tried to deal with facecamping and got abused by survivors??? I wouldn't get your hope about this one. I'm just saying.

    Oh, I know. I'm hoping it works this time 😆

  • A possible solution could be survivors won't lose a pip. something like that idk.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622616#Comment_2622616

    Ok. Well let me tell you. In all my time of DBD. I've NEVER had a survivor worry about my "fun" Never cared about how fast they gen rushed. Or what structures they abused. The same survivors that would be nice to me if I played "fair". Are the same survivors who tell me to go kill myself. Or other horrible things if I don't play how they feel is fair. So no. I don't give a damn about other peoples fun. Especially at the expense of my own.

    With that said. Let me tell you about MY fun. MY fun is feeling I've made the best choice possible at every step of the way possible. Sometimes that means I can play "fair" Sometimes it means I need to camp, tunnel, slug to apply pressure.

    Now let me tell you about a game I had. Dead Dawg..I downed someone RIGHT IN FRONT of another survivor. The other survivor decided to greed the gen. So I downed them pretty quickly. So now I have 2 hooks within 10m of a regressing gen..You bet your ass I'm NOT leaving those hooks. I have 0 incentive to.. They HAVE to come rescue 2 players near a gen I'm regressing.. Despite one of them trying to get my attention so the other could unhook. You bet your ass I'm not taking the bait and leaving....Is it boring ? Sure, depending on who you ask. But it would be STUPID to leave...For what exactly...? So they can get 2 safe unhooks and heal up ? No. That would be absolutely stupid of me

    Well I have had survivors be not dick heads and even pity me when I wasn't as good as I am now. So maybe I'm just luckier or more pleasant. Doesn't truly matter. But even then, why should they show consideration for your fun? The only fun to be had is being chased and it's entirely up to you to provide that. Otherwise, what are they going to do? Sandbag their teammates? No, they'll do gens. And they'll go fast if you're not doing a good job or the map is #########. Survivor playstyle only has one form of variance: Do Gens and get chased. Now I'll agree that sweaty teams that are way too efficient are the worst, but at least they tend to be skilful and make for fun chases.

    You make a fair point that fun is subjective. But I make a fair point that the game would be far better without resorting to these strategies pre-maturely. You might be happy you made the right strategic choice, but was it fun to execute? I refuse to believe camping or purposely tunnelling a guy three times in a row is actually fun to a normal human being. I once again thank the many streamers that forego this optimal play for fun (and still often win), they do inspire more people these days.

    I will agree that context is important. From what I was reacting to, it seemed like people just camp when their ruin pops or gens pop rather quickly at the start. What you've described is survivors desperately trying to do gens quickly over doing the fun part of the game. A good strategy at endgame, dumb if there are still other gens, so now they get punished. Your strategy was the right one if you really wanted to win. And one I'd use if I was sent to the map or if survivors were clearly trying to sweat super hard that hits unfun levels. But, the thing is, if they're just pulling a soloQ and I have two downs in a similar manner, I'll rarely camp them, because it's ######### boring and dull, even if optimal. Because optimal strategy and play in DBD is a scourge. And surprisingly, I cannot say I NEVER get consideration from survivors, because I do, albeit more rarely, but that's because the power of mercy is mostly in my hands as killer. Perhaps my more chase-oriented and lack of care for securing stages/kills is what makes some people (survivors are people like killers) want to be nicer. Probably. Or I'm just lucky.

    Unsurprisingly, my killer games have been me devoid of stress, beyond crappy map design and collision. Survivor games are sucking even more unless I'm in a team.

  • @Taingaran said:

    Facecamping is normal. But you can try using the solution with the Executioner's cage. When a survivor is on a hook, he will teleport to the farthest hook except the basement. But if the survivor is on the hook in the basement, then he will not teleport anywhere.

    This is a smart decision

  • @legacycolt said:

    I heard they’re looking into facecamping and I really can’t wait for the results.

    Wait fr?

  • @JohnWeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621442#Comment_2621442

    You have summarized everything i guess. To make it short :

    The killers are playing toxic as the game design is flawed on many aspects.

    The killers' toxicity is a result of the global game design toxicity.

    If the trials were winnable for good killers without the need of camping/tunneling, most of the killers wouldn't do it.

    As the OP has said : it's getting worst. Why ? Because the state of the game worsen with every updates. And it won't stop anytime soon.

    You can summarize it even more: if the devs didn't hate killers so much the game would be better

  • @DeliciousFood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623074#Comment_2623074

    Well I have had survivors be not dick heads and even pity me when I wasn't as good as I am now. So maybe I'm just luckier or more pleasant. Doesn't truly matter. But even then, why should they show consideration for your fun? The only fun to be had is being chased and it's entirely up to you to provide that. Otherwise, what are they going to do? Sandbag their teammates? No, they'll do gens. And they'll go fast if you're not doing a good job or the map is #########. Survivor playstyle only has one form of variance: Do Gens and get chased. Now I'll agree that sweaty teams that are way too efficient are the worst, but at least they tend to be skilful and make for fun chases.

    You make a fair point that fun is subjective. But I make a fair point that the game would be far better without resorting to these strategies pre-maturely. You might be happy you made the right strategic choice, but was it fun to execute? I refuse to believe camping or purposely tunnelling a guy three times in a row is actually fun to a normal human being. I once again thank the many streamers that forego this optimal play for fun (and still often win), they do inspire more people these days.

    I will agree that context is important. From what I was reacting to, it seemed like people just camp when their ruin pops or gens pop rather quickly at the start. What you've described is survivors desperately trying to do gens quickly over doing the fun part of the game. A good strategy at endgame, dumb if there are still other gens, so now they get punished. Your strategy was the right one if you really wanted to win. And one I'd use if I was sent to the map or if survivors were clearly trying to sweat super hard that hits unfun levels. But, the thing is, if they're just pulling a soloQ and I have two downs in a similar manner, I'll rarely camp them, because it's ######### boring and dull, even if optimal. Because optimal strategy and play in DBD is a scourge. And surprisingly, I cannot say I NEVER get consideration from survivors, because I do, albeit more rarely, but that's because the power of mercy is mostly in my hands as killer. Perhaps my more chase-oriented and lack of care for securing stages/kills is what makes some people (survivors are people like killers) want to be nicer. Probably. Or I'm just lucky.

    Unsurprisingly, my killer games have been me devoid of stress, beyond crappy map design and collision. Survivor games are sucking even more unless I'm in a team.

    I have to agree with your reply. I do see that there has to context and from what was described, I would not call that face-camping, more proxy camping. If you can stop the unhook then all the better, although I rather think that the second survivor was not trying to greed the gen, rather then trying to stop it regressing while the killer hooked the first survivor, maybe he had bad timing.

    I played three killer games tonight. One was on an indoor map, I hated the map, so I just had fun, did a bit of chasing, kicked some gens, did some of my pallet breaking challenge. At the end of the game, they escaped, I got some hooks, and loads of BP. Second game was very easy, in Hawkins map with Pig. Second time playing pig but got a 4K, no camping or tunnelling. Third game I met a 4 man swf, all with Borrowed Time, one with Circle of Healing, all protecting each other. I must admit I think I have played against them a couple of times before. They have a couple of players that are not great and I was on Pig so I was still learning. I knew I had no chance so I left the weak ones and had fun chasing the best one. I had real fun, it was a shame that I got the clicky clicky and the tea-bagging at the end as usual with them. I'm on PC, they are on console, so I am assuming they are just kids that think it's big.

    Today I played a few games as survivor. Every one, if we can we say gg's. We have an agreement that unless it's a face-camper, we never act in anyway that we would not want to be treated. We had a game against a very bad ghostface, he got one kill and then tried to face-camp the next. End of game chat and we all said ggs, then all we got was toxic abuse from the killer, calling us every name he could think of.

    We played another game where you could see the killer was having trouble. five gens and an exit gate for all four of us and not a tunnel or face-camp all game, we stood at the exit gate allowing us to hit us, and kept healing so he got extra BP, we even went to be hooked and killed so he would get a win, but he was having none of it. He was over the moon at the end because he got BP, finished a challenge and asked for advice, which we tried to help.

    You don't always have to win to have fun.

  • Survivors deserve every last second of face camping they get. Played a game earlier as legion against a VERY CLEAR 4 man sweat squad. The only way I could keep pressure up was by literally camping the hook and forcing all 3 of the others to come over and get slapped and trade. They still 4 man outted with a thousand tbags and clicks. Clearly they don't give a flying ######### about killer fun, so why should I give one second thought about that survivor that only got 800 points because they got caught, farmed, and died immediately?

  • @Voodoo101 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624096#Comment_2624096

    I have to agree with your reply. I do see that there has to context and from what was described, I would not call that face-camping, more proxy camping. If you can stop the unhook then all the better, although I rather think that the second survivor was not trying to greed the gen, rather then trying to stop it regressing while the killer hooked the first survivor, maybe he had bad timing.

    I played three killer games tonight. One was on an indoor map, I hated the map, so I just had fun, did a bit of chasing, kicked some gens, did some of my pallet breaking challenge. At the end of the game, they escaped, I got some hooks, and loads of BP. Second game was very easy, in Hawkins map with Pig. Second time playing pig but got a 4K, no camping or tunnelling. Third game I met a 4 man swf, all with Borrowed Time, one with Circle of Healing, all protecting each other. I must admit I think I have played against them a couple of times before. They have a couple of players that are not great and I was on Pig so I was still learning. I knew I had no chance so I left the weak ones and had fun chasing the best one. I had real fun, it was a shame that I got the clicky clicky and the tea-bagging at the end as usual with them. I'm on PC, they are on console, so I am assuming they are just kids that think it's big.

    Today I played a few games as survivor. Every one, if we can we say gg's. We have an agreement that unless it's a face-camper, we never act in anyway that we would not want to be treated. We had a game against a very bad ghostface, he got one kill and then tried to face-camp the next. End of game chat and we all said ggs, then all we got was toxic abuse from the killer, calling us every name he could think of.

    We played another game where you could see the killer was having trouble. five gens and an exit gate for all four of us and not a tunnel or face-camp all game, we stood at the exit gate allowing us to hit us, and kept healing so he got extra BP, we even went to be hooked and killed so he would get a win, but he was having none of it. He was over the moon at the end because he got BP, finished a challenge and asked for advice, which we tried to help.

    You don't always have to win to have fun.

    Good man shake your hand about the last game

    But the issue with the kempeng and the tunnel has not yet been resolved and this is annoying

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    Survivors deserve every last second of face camping they get. Played a game earlier as legion against a VERY CLEAR 4 man sweat squad. The only way I could keep pressure up was by literally camping the hook and forcing all 3 of the others to come over and get slapped and trade. They still 4 man outted with a thousand tbags and clicks. Clearly they don't give a flying ######### about killer fun, so why should I give one second thought about that survivor that only got 800 points because they got caught, farmed, and died immediately?

    See now this I don't understand. And I appreciate that everybody has a different idea of enjoyment and fun, but to me I would have had a fun game with them. You lost in the end anyway, so camping did not work. Then they clicked and tbagged at gate to show they was unhappy. How is that fun for anyone. You may have caught one unaware later and got a 2k or 3k, and at the end of the day, they are there to win aswell. You do not have to get a kill every game, and even if you camp and get the one kill, it's not classed as a win on the game.

    Like I said, everybody can play as they want, but there will come a time when survivors decided enough is enough. They will either leave or form more swf teams, with more perks to make it harder. This will make it harder for all killers, then more will resort to camping and the game will be dead.

  • Survivors keep demanding every good thing killers have get nerfed and then wonder why killers tunnel and camp.

  • @Crowman said:

    Survivors keep demanding every good thing killers have get nerfed and then wonder why killers tunnel and camp.

    ☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/293126/another-camping-thread-its-getting-worse

    yeah. Maybe a perk/passive that makes it so your hook status doesn't decrease/decreases considerably slower while the killer is within 4/8/12 Meters? Maybe you could actually get more time when you get hit on hook as a bit of a meme.

    We tested passive timer slowing/stopping and survivors abused it. We already have a perk, Camaraderie, that pauses the timer but absolutely zero survivors use it because there are better perks with more game utility. The reality of the situation is this, people who face camp as their main mode of playstyle will not stop unless something changes at a core level that makes face camping impossible. There is a limit to what punitive actions can be taken with the current core gameplay in place before you start having negative impacts on the vast majority of players who don't camp like that.

    It would be great to say there is a solution that would work well without having potential for abuse by the opposing side, being damaging to the majority of people who don't play like that, and able to keep the gameplay intact as is ( though it needs a revamp anyway). Unfortunately, there is just isn't.

  • @Voodoo101 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2627025#Comment_2627025

    See now this I don't understand. And I appreciate that everybody has a different idea of enjoyment and fun, but to me I would have had a fun game with them. You lost in the end anyway, so camping did not work. Then they clicked and tbagged at gate to show they was unhappy. How is that fun for anyone. You may have caught one unaware later and got a 2k or 3k, and at the end of the day, they are there to win aswell. You do not have to get a kill every game, and even if you camp and get the one kill, it's not classed as a win on the game.

    Like I said, everybody can play as they want, but there will come a time when survivors decided enough is enough. They will either leave or form more swf teams, with more perks to make it harder. This will make it harder for all killers, then more will resort to camping and the game will be dead.

    If I didn't camp and tunnel them they would have gotten out without getting hooked at all. They were already clicking and tbagging at me long before I started to play like an #########. Genuinely, I blame BHVR for this since this sort of behavior comes from knowing they won't ever get punished either by the company or the killer they are facing. There I was trying to play fair and get my legion daily done, but the survivors forced me to play like ######### just to get -anything- out of them. Just showed me why I hardly bother to play killer anymore, the last 2 months I made it to iri 1 but I haven't even bothered to reach gold this time around. Iri 1 as survivor 3 months in a row though, ezpz.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2627907#Comment_2627907

    If I didn't camp and tunnel them they would have gotten out without getting hooked at all. They were already clicking and tbagging at me long before I started to play like an #########. Genuinely, I blame BHVR for this since this sort of behavior comes from knowing they won't ever get punished either by the company or the killer they are facing. There I was trying to play fair and get my legion daily done, but the survivors forced me to play like ######### just to get -anything- out of them. Just showed me why I hardly bother to play killer anymore, the last 2 months I made it to iri 1 but I haven't even bothered to reach gold this time around. Iri 1 as survivor 3 months in a row though, ezpz.

    I feel you pain. Have seen teams like this before. When I see teams like this I just think how lonely they must be, sat at home with no real friends but thinking they are amazing, because they have friends to carry them in the game. Probably spend all the hours they have trying to get every good perk they have, then sitting making a team loadout, including boons,

    I just walk around making sure they know that I am not interested in getting the kills, so if they win it takes the shine away. Then I run around, getting pumkins, breaking gens, then letting them carry on and breaking doors, they get no chase BP or save BP, I don't have to camp, tunnel or chase. I may not get many BP, but it hurts them just as much and I don't get stressed.

  • @Voodoo101 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2628496#Comment_2628496

    I feel you pain. Have seen teams like this before. When I see teams like this I just think how lonely they must be, sat at home with no real friends but thinking they are amazing, because they have friends to carry them in the game. Probably spend all the hours they have trying to get every good perk they have, then sitting making a team loadout, including boons,

    I just walk around making sure they know that I am not interested in getting the kills, so if they win it takes the shine away. Then I run around, getting pumkins, breaking gens, then letting them carry on and breaking doors, they get no chase BP or save BP, I don't have to camp, tunnel or chase. I may not get many BP, but it hurts them just as much and I don't get stressed.

    Honestly if it weren't for the fact that I just wanted my legion daily to be over I probably would have just sat on the gate and afk'd.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2620919#Comment_2620919

    We tested passive timer slowing/stopping and survivors abused it. We already have a perk, Camaraderie, that pauses the timer but absolutely zero survivors use it because there are better perks with more game utility. The reality of the situation is this, people who face camp as their main mode of playstyle will not stop unless something changes at a core level that makes face camping impossible. There is a limit to what punitive actions can be taken with the current core gameplay in place before you start having negative impacts on the vast majority of players who don't camp like that.

    It would be great to say there is a solution that would work well without having potential for abuse by the opposing side, being damaging to the majority of people who don't play like that, and able to keep the gameplay intact as is ( though it needs a revamp anyway). Unfortunately, there is just isn't.

    Because this perk needs to be converted into an aura that affects teammates who are on hooks

    It will be useless against normal assassins but will work very well against camping animals.

  • @Irisora said:

    The ones to blame are the devs not the few killers that still play this game sadly. Since boons and hit validation, specially DH validation killers are camping and tunneling from hook 1 considerably more than before.

    You have arrived in a bad time to the game my friend. It wasn't like this before this patches, changes that clearly aren't healthy for the game as this are the consequences of devs bias.

    That being said.. i highly doubt that the devs will step back with this changes. So if the they come with a solution to camping from hook 1 i can guarantee that it will damage the killer community even more, instead of finding an option that benefit both sides which should be the right choice.

    And one of this options could be for example, balance the game so killers don't feel the need to do that anymore, because lets be clear, the only people that face camp are frustrated players cause there is no fun either as killer in doing that.

    So balance should be the priority for a healthier and less toxic game, and only after that some punishment to face camping could be applied if still exist.

    I don't think the woe-is-me I'm a killer and there's so few of us left is going to fly. Judging by these forums alone, there's plenty of killers out there. Also, judging by how I can play as survivor and insta-queue into a game, also shows there's plenty of killer players. In fact, its when I play Killer that I have to wait for a game.

    The problem is Killers are entitled. They want 4ks all the time, they don't want survivors to have anything and call for nerfs instantly to any new survivor perks ignoring the fact those perks already suck "Lucky Break anyone", they totally ignore all the nerfs that survivors have gotten and say woe-is-me at any nerf they get, then they threaten the developers with quitting the game if they don't get what they want, they threaten survivors with "toxic" game play if they don't get what they want (killers are face-camping because of this or that).

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2620949#Comment_2620949

    I don't think the woe-is-me I'm a killer and there's so few of us left is going to fly. Judging by these forums alone, there's plenty of killers out there. Also, judging by how I can play as survivor and insta-queue into a game, also shows there's plenty of killer players. In fact, its when I play Killer that I have to wait for a game.

    The problem is Killers are entitled. They want 4ks all the time, they don't want survivors to have anything and call for nerfs instantly to any new survivor perks ignoring the fact those perks already suck "Lucky Break anyone", they totally ignore all the nerfs that survivors have gotten and say woe-is-me at any nerf they get, then they threaten the developers with quitting the game if they don't get what they want, they threaten survivors with "toxic" game play if they don't get what they want (killers are face-camping because of this or that).

    I suggest that when the killer hangs the survivor on the hook, he gets a buff in the form of a kick on the generator with a 10% loss of progress for 20 seconds, but if the timer expires, then these 10% will turn into progress on all generators, ignoring regression

    This motivates you not to stand near the hook, but to go and do something.

  • @Hunter_Main_322 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648167#Comment_2648167

    I suggest that when the killer hangs the survivor on the hook, he gets a buff in the form of a kick on the generator with a 10% loss of progress for 20 seconds, but if the timer expires, then these 10% will turn into progress on all generators, ignoring regression

    This motivates you not to stand near the hook, but to go and do something.

    I really like that idea.

1 2 3