Dead Hard Hit Validation Is Extremely Punishing

In the last two games I have been hit validated by DH 6 times. It not only extends the chase because of DH, it makes it even worse now I have to wait the Attack CD. It's not like these were last minute dead hards, as the survivor it was "I made a mistake that I should've been punished for, but because of Hit Validation on DH....I dont get punished".

If I am not mistaken 5 out of those 6 hits, were because of mind-games at T and L walls, or jungle gyms. I mind-game them but because Hit Validation prioritizes the invincibility frames in DH over the Hit, they get away when I earned that hit/down.

Hit Validating pallets was one thing. It did make it harder for killers even with low ping because it cause pallet camping to be EXTREMELY safe. Though hit validating DH was not the move. It punishes killers for effectively making good reads, or mind-games.

Please do not tell me "this is rare" from my last two games, this will happen AT LEAST once or twice a game. It will happen even more if survivors realize it's in their favor so they can waste more time. I honestly didn't even know this was a change until I hit people Dead Harding but they didn't go down.

Once again killers are slowly becoming completely useless in a chases around T and L walls or jungle gyms. This had nothing to do with "Killers should've have gotten the hit so it shouldn't count". That 1 extra second you wasted swinging and hitting a validated DH...just costed you another 5-10 seconds of chase time even for a mediocre survivor.

Comments

  • @Xayrlen said:

    Just because you can't abuse your bad ping doesn't mean you can get a free hit. Now DH is working properly.

    lol "free hit", implying that DH isn't literally used as a free health state. If you are totally reliant on DH to avoid a hit then you probably could also get better at looping.

  • @Vizikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593862#Comment_2593862

    Interesting. The animation always looked as though it had a few frames that seemed to be "start-up" before the actual dash.

    Though even with the i frames gone I think this will remove the "I won a lost chase" scenarios. As an example being, when you dead hard into a wall because you f'ed up, just to avoid the actual hit. Including the times where survivors do the flashlight dead hard.

    I mean the flashlight into dead hard is usually a last resort, just like 360's

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593869#Comment_2593869

    I mean the flashlight into dead hard is usually a last resort, just like 360's

    Yea but it's effective for your first attempt. I would argue it's extremely good if you haven't done yet and the killer shouldn't be expecting it.

    EDIT: I still fall for it sometimes and it's a good time waster. Usually it leaves the killer confused for a second.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593793#Comment_2593793

    lol "free hit", implying that DH isn't literally used as a free health state. If you are totally reliant on DH to avoid a hit then you probably could also get better at looping.

    It's not even about how good survivor that is using DH, lol. It works properly now, and that's it. If you are that impatient or simply can not figure out the way to bait it, then you don't deserve that hit anyways.

  • If you're getting your hit taken away they much, maybe wait until your internet connection is more stable?

  • @Xayrlen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593880#Comment_2593880

    It's not even about how good survivor that is using DH, lol. It works properly now, and that's it. If you are that impatient or simply can not figure out the way to bait it, then you don't deserve that hit anyways.

    I wonder if it no longer being validated on the killers side means it is actually easier to bait out now? This change should have made the game more interactive for survivors no?

    It's not simply a problem of "baiting". It's just an extra layer of inconsistency over a perk that is already annoying to face.

  • @SavouryRain said:

    If you're getting your hit taken away they much, maybe wait until your internet connection is more stable?

    Anecdotal, but I play with around 30-40ms ping on average. This is a very good connection. I have had more hits taken today then I think is fair.

  • @Vizikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593839#Comment_2593839

    Greeding for milliseconds just to lose a won mind-game is "working as it should" is an interesting take. Even for you Sluzzy.

    Thats what dead hard does, I gotta agree with Sluzzy on this one.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593897#Comment_2593897

    I wonder if it no longer being validated on the killers side means it is actually easier to bait out now? This change should have made the game more interactive for survivors no?

    It's not simply a problem of "baiting". It's just an extra layer of inconsistency over a perk that is already annoying to face.

    The "hit validation" mechanic is not survivor exclusive. If the survivor mistimed their DH - they are getting hit. If they mistimed it and had worse ping: doesn't matter because they are still getting hit.

    What you are talking about is getting "robbed" of your hits, although you never landed a hit in reality. If that was a splitscreen or LAN party, the result would be the same, but for online multiplayer validation is required to make justice. Even before dedicated servers DH worked properly, so I don't know why you are talking about killers personal hit validation.

  • @JPA said:

    I'm a basement bubba main now, they can't DH me from the hook.

    Dead hard away Survivor, c'mon you know you wanna dead hard so bad. This is gonna be top MMR for a while now.

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593449#Comment_2593449

    exactly. the more bs is added to this game for the survivors, the less I want to play normally and instead do something like facecamp bubba or basement trapper. because chasing is becoming the most boring and frustrating thing.

    You do you. I'll still play killer and have fun. You can sit in the basement and keep feeling sorry for yourself, lol.

  • Imagine thinking lag is a mechanic.

  • @Vizikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593539#Comment_2593539

    Here is a suggestion...remove the invincibility frames. If anyone complains, then they were never using Dead Hard the correct way anyway, and just playing greedy. Which CURRENTLY you can greed DH so hard because of the hit validation.

    What makes DH "op" is the fact it can be used to make enough distance to gain another 10-15 seconds in chase AT LEAST. With a good survivor you can be getting chased for almost another 30 seconds if you know the tiles. So why not encourage people use it the BEST way.

    Remove the invincibility frames.

    It sucks to say but today might be my last time playing killer until something is done about the how survivor sided high MMR is and THIS being the cherry on top.

    I prefer the "jump" removed instead of the i frames.

    The most annoying thing of DH for me is when it is used for extending chases instead of avoiding a hit, it's so frustrating when the survivor use DH for reaching a pallet or window and if they are in a good spot it extend a chase at least 30 seconds more, if they reach a god pallet even more than 30 seconds. DH use is intended for dodging a hit but people use it for extending a chase frequently, also if the nerf is remove only the "jump" it can't be used for countering the trapper traps anymore and if you miss a hit due the i frames the distance they gain is not so long and you reach them more quickly.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593720#Comment_2593720

    I mean that there are tons of videos like this:

    https://youtu.be/Mij3gL804pI?t=7

    that are hilarious to watch.

    Yea that's not a latency issue that is down right a yea you hit but we are not going to give it to you because that's a survivor they are not supposed to be downed by the killer.

  • @IamFran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593561#Comment_2593561

    I prefer the "jump" removed instead of the i frames.

    The most annoying thing of DH for me is when it is used for extending chases instead of avoiding a hit, it's so frustrating when the survivor use DH for reaching a pallet or window and if they are in a good spot it extend a chase at least 30 seconds more, if they reach a god pallet even more than 30 seconds. DH use is intended for dodging a hit but people use it for extending a chase frequently, also if the nerf is remove only the "jump" it can't be used for countering the trapper traps anymore and if you miss a hit due the i frames the distance they gain is not so long and you reach them more quickly.

    Well yes, this is the was makes it a very powerful perk. The i frames just overloads it tbh. I would be fine with how good it is with that "jump" if the i frames were removed so survivor doesn't get away with stupid plays.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593720#Comment_2593720

    I mean that there are tons of videos like this:

    https://youtu.be/Mij3gL804pI?t=7

    that are hilarious to watch.

    This is an aberration. Not only in the killer pov but also as a game mechanic. The fact that a killer see everything normally (screams and blood) and still get the hit denied shows how precarious this new "hit validation" mechanic is and how unfair is for the killer side.

    The devs don't even take into account that killers see everything unchanged in their pov and just continue to make more of this. This isn't serious, its like bad joke cause its not even funny. Its really sad how they treat the killer community.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    All these hits are "exhausted on the ground"

    They fixed a broken perk. Don't be mad, you didn't deserve those hits in the first place.

    When DH is working as intended, DH fixes Mistakes made by the Survivor.

    I don't know why people kept saying DH was broken when When it's practically built-in on Survivors on High Skill Brackets.

    Survivors make mistake ---> Press E ----> Dodges a Hit ---> Makes it a Pallet and Window ----> Extend Chases

    Survivor will eventually go down ---> Press E for Distance ---> Makes it a Pallet and Window ----> Extend Chases

    And you have to deal with this potentially on all 4 Survivors.

    All those "mistakes" by Survivors on chases was brought by Killers outplaying them well on their mind games.

    Survivors don't deserve the extended chase time brought by Dead Hard. You got outplayed, Deal with it.

  • I would be fine if lagging survivors weren't so advantaged.

    You play at 200ms as survivor? You lag-switch (on purpose or not) ? Congratulations : you win.

    The new Dead Hard only makes that more effective.

    The day low ping is actually an advantage for every side, it'll be OK.

    Right now, anyone who as played these low-ping/high-ping chases knows this.

  • @JPA said:

    I'm a basement bubba main now, they can't DH me from the hook.

    They will just Dead Hard you during their one and only chase. It is inevitable.

  • @Vizikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593480#Comment_2593480

    You wanna know something hilarious that NOBODY will point out. I will try and break it down because it may be a bit confusing at first.

    So, what do you notice about all the "hit validation" stuff. All of them are things done by the survivor or actions. They are instant and immediate. Whats one thing that immediate and instant that the killer does...action wise? Looking away from flashlight saves.

    Hitting before DH or dropping a Pallet on your end as killer doesn't matter. But ALSO looking away from a flashlight save on your end doesn't matter.

    My point is, as a killer we can get blinded for a flashlight save even on our end we looked away. But why isn't this validated? They DIRECTLY effects the killer. Just like DH and Pallet hits DIRECTLY effect the survivor. You can bet just about anything they will never do a "blind validation" because it directly effects the killer.

    Just for those who are still not understanding...the actions effect eachother this way.

    DH Hits: Killer -> Survivor (VALIDATED)

    Pallet Hits: Killer -> Survivor (VALIDATED)

    Grabs: Killer -> Survivor (VALIDATED)

    Blinding: Killer <- Survivor (Not Validated)

    Now my point should be obvious.

    Don't forget about Doctor, where survivors are not supposed to vault, or drop pallet.

  • No, they are not.

    Hit effect is on end of animation, DH I-frames are on start of animation.

  • @Xayrlen said:

    Just because you can't abuse your bad ping doesn't mean you can get a free hit. Now DH is working properly.

    I play with <25 ms, so your high ping argument is just not valid...

    I shouldn't even be able to see it, but I had games with up to 5 validations on pallet, or DH. I have feeling it's survivors abusing bad ping now, because I see something different than them, because of it.

  • @Xayrlen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593920#Comment_2593920

    The "hit validation" mechanic is not survivor exclusive. If the survivor mistimed their DH - they are getting hit. If they mistimed it and had worse ping: doesn't matter because they are still getting hit.

    What you are talking about is getting "robbed" of your hits, although you never landed a hit in reality. If that was a splitscreen or LAN party, the result would be the same, but for online multiplayer validation is required to make justice. Even before dedicated servers DH worked properly, so I don't know why you are talking about killers personal hit validation.

    Yeah, that is not going to happen anymore. It's just killer thing now, for both pallets and DH.

    I play with 25 ms, so it's not really my fault you have high ping and see something different than I do, so why should I be punished?

    I am already wasting time waiting for DH, this will get it even worse and way more frustrating than pallets.

  • @D3spair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593817#Comment_2593817

    When DH is working as intended, DH fixes Mistakes made by the Survivor.

    I don't know why people kept saying DH was broken when When it's practically built-in on Survivors on High Skill Brackets.

    Survivors make mistake ---> Press E ----> Dodges a Hit ---> Makes it a Pallet and Window ----> Extend Chases

    Survivor will eventually go down ---> Press E for Distance ---> Makes it a Pallet and Window ----> Extend Chases

    And you have to deal with this potentially on all 4 Survivors.

    All those "mistakes" by Survivors on chases was brought by Killers outplaying them well on their mind games.

    Survivors don't deserve the extended chase time brought by Dead Hard. You got outplayed, Deal with it.

    You're so funny, you made my morning better. Praying for you 🙏

  • Just pick Bubba and facecamp first hooks until they fix this crap and nerf dead hard, there is no other way to send the message.

  • I feel like a good change would be dh only giving the i -frames but no distance. More like an on the spot dodge. Killer still misses and has their swing cd applied, so it buys the surv a bit of time but they can't just boost away to the next safe pallet etc. That's what sb should be for instead.

  • @Junylar said:

    Just pick Bubba and facecamp first hooks until they fix this crap and nerf dead hard, there is no other way to send the message.

    I have other way. Whenever I get validated twice, I just stop playing, let everyone escape and watch second monitor meanwhile.

    I have <25 ms ping, so it's really not my fault this happens, so why should I be bothered to deal with it?

  • Hey at least the forums will never see "exhausted on the ground" threads anymore and survivor get their consistency for their free health state.

  • @Underdawg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593913#Comment_2593913

    This is the only thing in this thread that seems unfair and an oversight/bug. If your hit is invalidated you should not be losing stacks of STBFL. We should probably make sure that this goes on a bug report somewhere.

    @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593913#Comment_2593913

    Wait, you want to tell me that you lose STBFL stacks, when validated?

    Sorry guys I dosed off. So I went through my game clips and it appears I only had 6 stacks (swore I was at 8) so the 2 stacks remaining makes sense. Sorry about that part there was a lot going on at the time. Honestly this ######### wouldn't bother me if it didn't show me the hit. I feel like now pallets and DH are super safe.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594226#Comment_2594226

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594334#Comment_2594334

    Sorry guys I dosed off. So I went through my game clips and it appears I only had 6 stacks (swore I was at 8) so the 2 stacks remaining makes sense. Sorry about that part there was a lot going on at the time. Honestly this ######### wouldn't bother me if it didn't show me the hit. I feel like now pallets and DH are super safe.

    I really don't care about it's more safe, but wrong feedback is just super frustrating.

    If they are not able to fix that, why the hell would they make it more regular thing to piss off killers?

    Pallet is annoying, but you at least see that survivor, so you know that you got validated.

    That's not always true for Dead hard. Before I find out I got validated he can get a lot of free distance, which is just super bad to happen.


    My plan is easy, if I have a game where I got validated two times, I am going to stop playing and let them leave. I have usually under 25ms, so it shouldn't happen to me. So it's definetly not: fixed "high" ping killers... It's not my fault I see something different, so why should I be bothered to lose the game for it?

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594834#Comment_2594834

    I really don't care about it's more safe, but wrong feedback is just super frustrating.

    If they are not able to fix that, why the hell would they make it more regular thing to piss off killers?

    Pallet is annoying, but you at least see that survivor, so you know that you got validated.

    That's not always true for Dead hard. Before I find out I got validated he can get a lot of free distance, which is just super bad to happen.

    My plan is easy, if I have a game where I got validated two times, I am going to stop playing and let them leave. I have usually under 25ms, so it shouldn't happen to me. So it's definetly not: fixed "high" ping killers... It's not my fault I see something different, so why should I be bothered to lose the game for it?

    For sure. Completely agree about the difference between pallet and DH validation. I thought someone was hacking first game I played. It's terrible and it was terrible before DH validation.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594481#Comment_2594481

    I have other way. Whenever I get validated twice, I just stop playing, let everyone escape and watch second monitor meanwhile.

    I have <25 ms ping, so it's really not my fault this happens, so why should I be bothered to deal with it?

    That's...not a bad idea

    I feel myself getting actively tilted and frustrated dealing with this BS and obviously if it happens a few times, it'll just keep happening in that game. Just call it getting BHVR'ed and go chill in the corner and watch funny cat videos or whatever it is these kids do today on The Internet Dot Com

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594542#Comment_2594542

    That's...not a bad idea

    I feel myself getting actively tilted and frustrated dealing with this BS and obviously if it happens a few times, it'll just keep happening in that game. Just call it getting BHVR'ed and go chill in the corner and watch funny cat videos or whatever it is these kids do today on The Internet Dot Com

    My logic here is, that when it happened twice with 25 ms, that is most likely survivor's thing and it will most likely happen again, so why should I be the one frustrated?

    I got ######### by server, so they will not enjoy rest of the game.

  • @Vizikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593449#Comment_2593449

    Unironically chasing survivors is slowly becoming a way to LOSE the game. Like I said, I can somewhat get behind Pallet Hit Validation, even though it made it easier to loop pallets safely.

    Now they enabled the Healing Boon again, on top of this....I'm going to start letting people bleed out on the floor or basement camp.

    I except a HUGE killer rework soon or this game will be a joke. If I'm being honest, give every killer 5% added to their movement speed. It will make the game more interesting instead of Survivors just greeding DH because of Hit Validation, and greeding Pallets because....once again, Hit Validation.

    I've also come to the conclusion that hooking/going for proper chases doesn't even do anything for you as killer. It loses you more momentum than you gain from it.

  • And people tried to tell me this wasnt a buff to dead hard

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593949#Comment_2593949

    Yeah, that is not going to happen anymore. It's just killer thing now, for both pallets and DH.

    I play with 25 ms, so it's not really my fault you have high ping and see something different than I do, so why should I be punished?

    I am already wasting time waiting for DH, this will get it even worse and way more frustrating than pallets.

    Exactly this. The survivors ping is the killers problem in this game and it will catch up to them in a nasty way if they keep going. I am waiting for basic hits to become validated with a little note at the end of the game asking to stop by the store.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    And people tried to tell me this wasnt a buff to dead hard

    Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. We've now had both DH and BT buffed this year. Should we predict the inevitable DS and Unbreakable buffs?

  • @Xayrlen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593920#Comment_2593920

    The "hit validation" mechanic is not survivor exclusive. If the survivor mistimed their DH - they are getting hit. If they mistimed it and had worse ping: doesn't matter because they are still getting hit.

    What you are talking about is getting "robbed" of your hits, although you never landed a hit in reality. If that was a splitscreen or LAN party, the result would be the same, but for online multiplayer validation is required to make justice. Even before dedicated servers DH worked properly, so I don't know why you are talking about killers personal hit validation.

    I never said I was "robbed" of my hits, perhaps you are quoting someone else. My main argument is DH is not fun to play around. Now it is even less so, as now, from my perspective, Survivors can DH after being hit.

    Can you clarify what you mean with LAN. If playing with LAN, there is no server, so someone has to "host" right, does this mean everything has to be validated on one side, or what?

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593470#Comment_2593470

    You do you. I'll still play killer and have fun. You can sit in the basement and keep feeling sorry for yourself, lol.

    Are you a god Nurse, or do you have 7K hours on the game? I just find it difficult to believe playing this game properly is fun, once you get to a certain level of MMR.

  • @Vizikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593449#Comment_2593449

    Unironically chasing survivors is slowly becoming a way to LOSE the game. Like I said, I can somewhat get behind Pallet Hit Validation, even though it made it easier to loop pallets safely.

    Now they enabled the Healing Boon again, on top of this....I'm going to start letting people bleed out on the floor or basement camp.

    I except a HUGE killer rework soon or this game will be a joke. If I'm being honest, give every killer 5% added to their movement speed. It will make the game more interesting instead of Survivors just greeding DH because of Hit Validation, and greeding Pallets because....once again, Hit Validation.

    You do know that buffing every killer's standard movement speed would require the game's chasing mechanic an overhaul which BHVR is incapable of.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593449#Comment_2593449

    They will just Dead Hard you during their one and only chase. It is inevitable.

    Bro, you're playing Bubba. Chainsaw down them. They can't use DH unless you injure them.

    Remember Insidious can be used to camp round the corner from a gen as well, with good positioning you can guarantee a down this way.

    Happy camping xxx

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594041#Comment_2594041

    Are you a god Nurse, or do you have 7K hours on the game? I just find it difficult to believe playing this game properly is fun, once you get to a certain level of MMR.

    I don't have to win every game to have fun. I find it weird that so many people think like this.

  • Missing a hit is a punishment, now with hit validation I don't know what to say

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596111#Comment_2596111

    I don't have to win every game to have fun. I find it weird that so many people think like this.

    I never said anything about winning. But it's nice to feel like you have a chance. In many games if you're not playing Nurse, you don't really.

  • It's working as intended now.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    And people tried to tell me this wasnt a buff to dead hard

    It isn't a buff pre se but a fix. The problem is that survivor still found a way to make the perk work in it's "broken" state by using it for distance and more or less successfully dodging hit by predicting them.

    But now they don't need to do the second and still have the first use aka the killer has only "running next to a survivor until they panic and waste it" left as a counter. Of course this is the same counter as up until now aka baiting but with the additional safety survivor can wait until they see the start of the hit animation (given the needed reflexes) and baiting becomes useless.

  • Reading all those comments saying

    "... finally DH is worth using...."

    or

    " I might actually reconsider taking DH into my build now..."


    makes me wonder how many ppl actually don't know how to use DH. Like what makes it strong is the distance, not the i-frames.

  • @DCh4rlie said:

    Reading all those comments saying

    "... finally DH is worth using...."

    or

    " I might actually reconsider taking DH into my build now..."

    makes me wonder how many ppl actually don't know how to use DH. Like what makes it strong is the distance, not the i-frames.

    Doesn't matter.

    Against certain killers you have to use it to dodge a hit, like blight or nurse, or if the killer surprised you.

    It sucks to see exhaustion on the ground which makes you ask yourself why you've wasted a perk slot for a perk that didn't work even if you timed it perfectly.

  • https://youtu.be/nzxxxQ5KlaE

    Here, have some common sense babies.

  • Validation for survivors, yes.

    But validation for killers when you catch or interrupt? NOPE.

    But the game is killer sided.

1 2 3