Dead Hard Hit Validation Is Extremely Punishing

In the last two games I have been hit validated by DH 6 times. It not only extends the chase because of DH, it makes it even worse now I have to wait the Attack CD. It's not like these were last minute dead hards, as the survivor it was "I made a mistake that I should've been punished for, but because of Hit Validation on DH....I dont get punished".

If I am not mistaken 5 out of those 6 hits, were because of mind-games at T and L walls, or jungle gyms. I mind-game them but because Hit Validation prioritizes the invincibility frames in DH over the Hit, they get away when I earned that hit/down.

Hit Validating pallets was one thing. It did make it harder for killers even with low ping because it cause pallet camping to be EXTREMELY safe. Though hit validating DH was not the move. It punishes killers for effectively making good reads, or mind-games.

Please do not tell me "this is rare" from my last two games, this will happen AT LEAST once or twice a game. It will happen even more if survivors realize it's in their favor so they can waste more time. I honestly didn't even know this was a change until I hit people Dead Harding but they didn't go down.

Once again killers are slowly becoming completely useless in a chases around T and L walls or jungle gyms. This had nothing to do with "Killers should've have gotten the hit so it shouldn't count". That 1 extra second you wasted swinging and hitting a validated DH...just costed you another 5-10 seconds of chase time even for a mediocre survivor.

Comments

  • @Jago said:

    It's working as intended now.

    Working as intended? So I see the hit, hear the hit and look down to pick up the survivor but they are not there. I look up and there they are, half way across the map, teabagging from the luxury of a pallet gym.

    If that is working as intended then I have to question their intentions.

  • @Swoopie said:

    https://youtu.be/nzxxxQ5KlaE

    Here, have some common sense babies.

    He doesn't mention how hit validation punishes better internet connections. A survivors 100ms ping should not beat my 30ms ping.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597101#Comment_2597101

    He doesn't mention how hit validation punishes better internet connections. A survivors 100ms ping should not beat my 30ms ping.

    Bingo. The survivors trash is the killers problem for some reason.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596924#Comment_2596924

    Working as intended? So I see the hit, hear the hit and look down to pick up the survivor but they are not there. I look up and there they are, half way across the map, teabagging from the luxury of a pallet gym.

    If that is working as intended then I have to question their intentions.

    Obviously to make you frustrated and mad with them. /s

    I guess the only real way to make sure rn is to pay attention to your hud to see if you got the down. Also you go through the missed attack cooldown from my experience so you can also pay a bit more attention to that until they implement something more visually noticeable.

  • DH is so horrible on console , its good only on xbox series x and ps5 with their godly type pc load, any other old console system ps4/xbox one and below dead hard is just a worst version of DS, so it aint as busted as what most people think, on a pc bases I suppose it maybe. Tbh I aint even feeling the difference of the so call improvement of dead hard, still feels the same if not clunky to me sometimes and am a ps5 user. There are killers especially ranged ones like tricker that lols hard at dead hard because you sure not as heck gonna dodge every single knife he tosses when you end up in a area that you cant loop him quite yet and he has main event. Killers already have one of the most big things over survivor where they got 115% over survivors lame 100 ms cept tricky/huntress/slinger with their 110 which hamper them more if they attempt to use a range attack else all other killers already got a 115% ms to easily catch back up to a survivor and melee like freddy lunge has some insane hit box. There is unrelenting and I think add on that a killer who misses basic things still an hit you even after a DH. Lets talk about killers hitting you or grabbing you on fast vaults window or pallet wise or a killer with bad ping that hits you through a wall/pallet drop that was not even in hit zone but game says screw you its a hit even though it is not one. Right🙄

    Maybe people should run sprint burst + aderaline and their friends have borrow time, bait the killer to down them on purpose as exit gate pop, said friend comes in with borrow time does a save and now survivor gets a healthy bar + 300% ms speed, now if that aint busted idk what is lol or everyone runs vigil to stack and gets a sprint burst 0 seconds, idk if vigi stack even if not new vigi literally has you get exhaust perks use to 28 secs only now since its now 30% reducing debuffing stats, see there so much other perks to complain about over dead hard, I think its the fact unlike the other exhaust perks we have a choice to use it compared to garbage DS that your force to use it or killer can simply just wait for it its timer to run out forcing slugs. Now that I mention this perhaps its time for sprint burst + vigil now and see maybe if that be complained about more. Oh wait there is expose builds to make dead hard then useless too or any 1 hit down attacks by some killers forgot that too.😮

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    All these hits are "exhausted on the ground"

    They fixed a broken perk. Don't be mad, you didn't deserve those hits in the first place.

    Then why is the survivor screaming as if they were supposed to get hit? The code is absolute trash.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596924#Comment_2596924

    Working as intended? So I see the hit, hear the hit and look down to pick up the survivor but they are not there. I look up and there they are, half way across the map, teabagging from the luxury of a pallet gym.

    If that is working as intended then I have to question their intentions.

    Yes, it looks silly but for now thats what we got. All that matters, is that there's only a usual whiff CD. The overall thing is fair and works as intended.

    If you get the "false hit", guess what, you've been E'd.

  • @Swoopie said:

    https://youtu.be/nzxxxQ5KlaE

    Here, have some common sense babies.

    When someone posts this manbaby I can only assume they're really reaching.

    Don't pull a muscle.

  • @Swoopie said:

    https://youtu.be/nzxxxQ5KlaE

    Here, have some common sense babies.

    Just popping back in here, Scott is the last person you want to use as a "source" for information. They could remove all the killer perks and he would reason it would be fair because killers have a power and are faster than survivors.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593817#Comment_2593817

    Then why is the survivor screaming as if they were supposed to get hit? The code is absolute trash.

    Because that's what dead hard is supposed to do but some of these people freaking out cant read the perk description, dead hard was used for distance alot because it was a smarter play and the actual use of dead hard is supposed to be to tank a hit with the I frame , that's why the perk description says "you can take a beating" and thats why there was an i frame in the first place but when you used dead hard the way it was intended by the devs you ended up exhausted on the ground and it used to not have the dash animation like it does now so the distance wasn't as much back then, literally it works as intended and how it's always been described, now the truth is these people are landing hits mid dead hard and the game notices the survivor was exhausted first and cancels it but they're stuck in the wiping animation and seeing them pop up after a down , that part should change but dead hard itself is fine

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597362#Comment_2597362

    Because that's what dead hard is supposed to do but some of these people freaking out cant read the perk description, dead hard was used for distance alot because it was a smarter play and the actual use of dead hard is supposed to be to tank a hit with the I frame , that's why the perk description says "you can take a beating" and thats why there was an i frame in the first place but when you used dead hard the way it was intended by the devs you ended up exhausted on the ground and it used to not have the dash animation like it does now so the distance wasn't as much back then, literally it works as intended and how it's always been described, now the truth is these people are landing hits mid dead hard and the game notices the survivor was exhausted first and cancels it but they're stuck in the wiping animation and seeing them pop up after a down , that part should change but dead hard itself is fine

    This is true, however this isn't how it's used for the majority of the time. Here are my personal 2 suggestions on how this perk needs to change. It's always been this strong, but now even mid and lower end players are getting to realize how strong this perk actually is.

    1. Remove the i-frames, keep the dash.
    2. Remove the dash, keep the i-frames. (in this circumstance, it should just plop an endurance effect on you for like 0.5-1 second so the killer isn't startled by a hit that wasn't actually a hit, but it still does exhaust you)
  • @Vizikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2599095#Comment_2599095

    This is true, however this isn't how it's used for the majority of the time. Here are my personal 2 suggestions on how this perk needs to change. It's always been this strong, but now even mid and lower end players are getting to realize how strong this perk actually is.

    1. Remove the i-frames, keep the dash.
    2. Remove the dash, keep the i-frames. (in this circumstance, it should just plop an endurance effect on you for like 0.5-1 second so the killer isn't startled by a hit that wasn't actually a hit, but it still does exhaust you)

    I think it should remove the I frame but keep the dash and make it to where you can dash to break a wall or some other effect tied into it even if it's not a super strong effect just remove the I frame and give it some other usefulness and that's a fair trade because you aren't getting fooled by hit validation and they still have a chance to outplay you without making the killer feel robbed of a down

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2599100#Comment_2599100

    I think it should remove the I frame but keep the dash and make it to where you can dash to break a wall or some other effect tied into it even if it's not a super strong effect just remove the I frame and give it some other usefulness and that's a fair trade because you aren't getting fooled by hit validation and they still have a chance to outplay you without making the killer feel robbed of a down

    This is actually a cool niche idea. Though I fear in some maps that this can be abused. *cough cough* Gas Heaven *cough cough*.

    Either way, it could be cool to see... 10/10 suggestion honestly.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597362#Comment_2597362

    Because that's what dead hard is supposed to do but some of these people freaking out cant read the perk description, dead hard was used for distance alot because it was a smarter play and the actual use of dead hard is supposed to be to tank a hit with the I frame , that's why the perk description says "you can take a beating" and thats why there was an i frame in the first place but when you used dead hard the way it was intended by the devs you ended up exhausted on the ground and it used to not have the dash animation like it does now so the distance wasn't as much back then, literally it works as intended and how it's always been described, now the truth is these people are landing hits mid dead hard and the game notices the survivor was exhausted first and cancels it but they're stuck in the wiping animation and seeing them pop up after a down , that part should change but dead hard itself is fine

    your reasoning is completely off… dead hard working as intended is a completely separate issue from the killer client triggering SFX of a successful hit when it actually wasn’t a successful hit.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2599095#Comment_2599095

    your reasoning is completely off… dead hard working as intended is a completely separate issue from the killer client triggering SFX of a successful hit when it actually wasn’t a successful hit.

    If you actually read my post I mentioned that at the end and said it should be fixed

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2599282#Comment_2599282

    If you actually read my post I mentioned that at the end and said it should be fixed

    I’m just upset about the incorrect audio feedback I get. I’m kind of past the hit validation aspect, but THINKING I got a down because of the audio is what makes me upset.

    Imagine if in football the ref blew the whistle by accident, indicating a dead play, but the play wasn’t actually dead… oh, but the offense has knowledge that the play is still on, but not the defense. That would be pretty annoying right?

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2599803#Comment_2599803

    I’m just upset about the incorrect audio feedback I get. I’m kind of past the hit validation aspect, but THINKING I got a down because of the audio is what makes me upset.

    Imagine if in football the ref blew the whistle by accident, indicating a dead play, but the play wasn’t actually dead… oh, but the offense has knowledge that the play is still on, but not the defense. That would be pretty annoying right?

    Well of course, I play killer I understand why people are upset but some people are acting like it needs a nerf and I'm more along the lines of they just need to fix the visual bug and see how it plays out.

  • Its punishing to the point that you are given false feedback.

  • @Vizikk said:

    In the last two games I have been hit validated by DH 6 times. It not only extends the chase because of DH, it makes it even worse now I have to wait the Attack CD. It's not like these were last minute dead hards, as the survivor it was "I made a mistake that I should've been punished for, but because of Hit Validation on DH....I dont get punished".

    If I am not mistaken 5 out of those 6 hits, were because of mind-games at T and L walls, or jungle gyms. I mind-game them but because Hit Validation prioritizes the invincibility frames in DH over the Hit, they get away when I earned that hit/down.

    Hit Validating pallets was one thing. It did make it harder for killers even with low ping because it cause pallet camping to be EXTREMELY safe. Though hit validating DH was not the move. It punishes killers for effectively making good reads, or mind-games.

    Please do not tell me "this is rare" from my last two games, this will happen AT LEAST once or twice a game. It will happen even more if survivors realize it's in their favor so they can waste more time. I honestly didn't even know this was a change until I hit people Dead Harding but they didn't go down.

    Once again killers are slowly becoming completely useless in a chases around T and L walls or jungle gyms. This had nothing to do with "Killers should've have gotten the hit so it shouldn't count". That 1 extra second you wasted swinging and hitting a validated DH...just costed you another 5-10 seconds of chase time even for a mediocre survivor.

    the new dead hard punishes nurse the most because it's easy to dead hard from her blink and she has 1 chance every time and she has to eat through a dead hard and then catch them before they get it back. i had to slug to get wins

  • Is the dash faster now?

    It feels like some people are cruisin'

    O_O

  • @slendermansmoom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/290405/dead-hard-hit-validation-is-extremely-punishing

    the new dead hard punishes nurse the most because it's easy to dead hard from her blink and she has 1 chance every time and she has to eat through a dead hard and then catch them before they get it back. i had to slug to get wins

    Thats dead hard in general since the cooldown.

  • @Nicholas said:

    It's so unfair for killers. I guess it's fair to deny survivor players movement because The Killer benefited from the lag advantage. However, now that DH is validated, the world is ending, and it's super unfair. Meanwhile, an unfairly downed survivor due to the competitive advantage given to killers is ok because The Killer saw the hit, and his client confirmed it; it doesn't matter what the survivor saw or the server. Sounds super entitled and biased.

    Thank you for years now I’ve been vaulting pallets & windows throwing pallets getting hit when they are clearly stunned… dead Harding being exhausted on the ground, being hit from 20 miles over the pallets and windows because apperntly on the killers screen they got the “hit” but what about on my screen…. We have put up with it for way to long it’s good they are finally doing stuff about it, to many people have got used to the unfair hits and now are upset it’s being fixed

  • @Vizikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593449#Comment_2593449

    Unironically chasing survivors is slowly becoming a way to LOSE the game. Like I said, I can somewhat get behind Pallet Hit Validation, even though it made it easier to loop pallets safely.

    Now they enabled the Healing Boon again, on top of this....I'm going to start letting people bleed out on the floor or basement camp.

    I except a HUGE killer rework soon or this game will be a joke. If I'm being honest, give every killer 5% added to their movement speed. It will make the game more interesting instead of Survivors just greeding DH because of Hit Validation, and greeding Pallets because....once again, Hit Validation.

    It's not slowly, it's been like that for a really long time. Just watch any tournament that doesn't make special rules/point systems to try to balance the game. You basically have to camp a hook near a 3 gen to stand any chance unless you are nurse.

  • @Vizikk said:

    In the last two games I have been hit validated by DH 6 times. It not only extends the chase because of DH, it makes it even worse now I have to wait the Attack CD. It's not like these were last minute dead hards, as the survivor it was "I made a mistake that I should've been punished for, but because of Hit Validation on DH....I dont get punished".

    If I am not mistaken 5 out of those 6 hits, were because of mind-games at T and L walls, or jungle gyms. I mind-game them but because Hit Validation prioritizes the invincibility frames in DH over the Hit, they get away when I earned that hit/down.

    Hit Validating pallets was one thing. It did make it harder for killers even with low ping because it cause pallet camping to be EXTREMELY safe. Though hit validating DH was not the move. It punishes killers for effectively making good reads, or mind-games.

    Please do not tell me "this is rare" from my last two games, this will happen AT LEAST once or twice a game. It will happen even more if survivors realize it's in their favor so they can waste more time. I honestly didn't even know this was a change until I hit people Dead Harding but they didn't go down.

    Once again killers are slowly becoming completely useless in a chases around T and L walls or jungle gyms. This had nothing to do with "Killers should've have gotten the hit so it shouldn't count". That 1 extra second you wasted swinging and hitting a validated DH...just costed you another 5-10 seconds of chase time even for a mediocre survivor.

    They're just robbing killers of fair downs because "muh DH"

  • I'm fine with it overall. at this point, I do kinda wish that if they get hit during it they'd go down, since I've had a ton of times where I hit a survivor, they scream, use dead hard, and then zoom into the horizon. The zooming part's fine, though, honestly.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597101#Comment_2597101

    When someone posts this manbaby I can only assume they're really reaching.

    Don't pull a muscle.

    This is all true my guy. Only the biased killer mains that are trash at the game wouldn’t agree. The real manbaby is Tru3tunn3l and his delusions.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2599830#Comment_2599830

    Well of course, I play killer I understand why people are upset but some people are acting like it needs a nerf and I'm more along the lines of they just need to fix the visual bug and see how it plays out.

    Well by making hit/dead hard validation, now the Sound FX are “not working as intended” so it needs to be fixed.

    I still think Dead Hard needs a change, but I’ll settle for correct audio feedback first.

  • @Swoopie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597604#Comment_2597604

    This is all true my guy. Only the biased killer mains that are trash at the game wouldn’t agree. The real manbaby is Tru3tunn3l and his delusions.

    Aaaaaaand there goes your hammy. I told ya man.

  • @Vizikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597101#Comment_2597101

    Just popping back in here, Scott is the last person you want to use as a "source" for information. They could remove all the killer perks and he would reason it would be fair because killers have a power and are faster than survivors.

    Words of a bias. Scott is a killer main who understands the game unlike tru3tunn3l and all his cringe fanbase.

  • @Swoopie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2599072#Comment_2599072

    Words of a bias. Scott is a killer main who understands the game unlike tru3tunn3l and all his cringe fanbase.

    I think it would be wise to not delve into that topic because of the censoring that has happened here in the past, but all I will say is, Scott is very disingenuous.

  • @Vizikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605098#Comment_2605098

    I think it would be wise to not delve into that topic because of the censoring that has happened here in the past, but all I will say is, Scott is very disingenuous.

    honestly i have no idea why anyone listens to anything he says

  • @Vizikk said:

    In the last two games I have been hit validated by DH 6 times. It not only extends the chase because of DH, it makes it even worse now I have to wait the Attack CD. It's not like these were last minute dead hards, as the survivor it was "I made a mistake that I should've been punished for, but because of Hit Validation on DH....I dont get punished".

    If I am not mistaken 5 out of those 6 hits, were because of mind-games at T and L walls, or jungle gyms. I mind-game them but because Hit Validation prioritizes the invincibility frames in DH over the Hit, they get away when I earned that hit/down.

    Hit Validating pallets was one thing. It did make it harder for killers even with low ping because it cause pallet camping to be EXTREMELY safe. Though hit validating DH was not the move. It punishes killers for effectively making good reads, or mind-games.

    Please do not tell me "this is rare" from my last two games, this will happen AT LEAST once or twice a game. It will happen even more if survivors realize it's in their favor so they can waste more time. I honestly didn't even know this was a change until I hit people Dead Harding but they didn't go down.

    Once again killers are slowly becoming completely useless in a chases around T and L walls or jungle gyms. This had nothing to do with "Killers should've have gotten the hit so it shouldn't count". That 1 extra second you wasted swinging and hitting a validated DH...just costed you another 5-10 seconds of chase time even for a mediocre survivor.

    Lol spoken like a killer who regularly hits people 15 meters away. Fact of the matter is when it comes to hit validation, killers are ALWAYS the priority. And that's not my opinion, that is literal fact. Now that ONE PERK calculates on the survivor side, it's a problem for killers. I promise you, you consistently hit people who on their screen are extremely far away from you. It's hilarious to see a killer get salty when this type of thing happens almost every game, multiple times a game to survivors.

  • So all I'm taking from this is that the people that everyone here thinks everyone else is entitled and thats all it comes down to. It's not about people not having fun with the game, its not about a potentially unfair change that maybe should be discussed. Nope, its all entitlement. That's all right?


    Personally, beyond not understanding how this thread hasn't been closed due to the sheer salt mines this seems to have uncovered, I don't get why people want to attack the people that main killer. As a note, if the role of killer dies, the game dies, or at least the survivor ques become stupidly long.

    Both roles should be fun, it shouldn't be a "Oh, guess I'll be nice today and play some killer so other people get a chance playing survivor!"

    Beyond all that, you're all being pricks, and really this, I don't get it. There is no discussion here, no attempts to chat, or suggests nothing. It's just a series of attacks. I was going to be on topic, but there isn't much of a point if anything anyone says is just someone being entitled.

1 2 3 ›