Why are survivors so strong?

Legit I don’t know if I’m just bad or if survivors are super strong??? when I start playing against survivors who aren’t new, they all stomp me into the ground. I’ve been getting 1 kill per match. They all loop me, deprive me of stalk, and click their flashlights at me.


idk I’m getting discouraged I guess and wondering why I even came back to this game to torment myself 😂

Comments

  • The reality is you can’t use one of the worst killers and reliably do well most of the time. An issue with the balance, but it is what it is.

    Seeing flashlights is good though, as it’s one of the weaker items. Medkits are way better.

  • @BlueMeansDeep said:

    The reality is you can’t use one of the worst killers and reliably do well most of the time. An issue with the balance, but it is what it is.

    Seeing flashlights is good though, as it’s one of the weaker items. Medkits are way better.

    They are annoying tho.

    Clicky clicky macro's hurt my ears.

  • @BlueMeansDeep said:

    The reality is you can’t use one of the worst killers and reliably do well most of the time. An issue with the balance, but it is what it is.

    Seeing flashlights is good though, as it’s one of the weaker items. Medkits are way better.

    Michael is one of the worst? 😨

  • A 2K is a good balanced match, you're not far from that.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565188#Comment_2565188

    They are annoying tho.

    Clicky clicky macro's hurt my ears.

    They are annoying lmao. I just like good sportsmanship, so I’m not a fan of the teabagging & clicking to get my attention or taunt me. But it is what it is lol

  • Yikes. My man is in need of a buff. Early game can be so brutal with him if you don’t get outta EW1 fast enough.

  • @Ulquiorraindbd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287398/why-are-survivors-so-strong

    Ok, well no offense, but it's probably a combination of lack of skill on your part, plus the fact the Michael is very weak. Survivors are super strong, yes, but not until you reach the top .00001% of SWF teams. If you're consistently going against survivors that make you feel the game is survivor sided, you're not losing because the game is survivor sided. Hope that makes sense.

    No offense taken! I don’t have a lot of killer hours under my belt, and the only killer I DO play is Michael. Somehow I keep going against sweaty SWF teams that clearly know what they’re doing, when I’m only in bronze ranks rn 🧐

    This isn’t meant to just be me complaining. I was genuinely confused if I was just really bad or if survivors are somehow godlike & make killers look like fools often. I guess when I think of playing a killer, I think of them being formidable; someone you don’t wanna mess with. But instead with DBD you get teabaggers and clickers and people who smash you in the face with pallets & encourage a chase because they don’t fear you 😂

  • @Ulquiorraindbd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565241#Comment_2565241

    I understand. Being a new killer isn't easy. When you get a team of good loopers as a weaker killer you're pretty much screwed, and if you're not a good killer, but you go against good survivors, you're also screwed. Survivor is definitely the power role in the game. I do have some advice to help you win though, although it might take a while to get to a point where you start winning.

    I'd recommend not going for wins for a while and focus on chasing. Watch some mindgame tutorials on YouTube, and apply those tactics to your games. Once you get really good at chases you should be fine, because the biggest issue you probably have is time efficiency. You spend too long in a chase while all the gens get done. I'd also recommend running a build like BBQ(Bubba perk, level 35 iirc), Pop(Clown perk, level 40 iirc), Corrupt Intervention, and Infectious Fright(Both Plague perks, level 30 and 35 respectively). This gives the slowdown you need, both early to gain Tier 2, and mid to late to have time for chases.

    Thank you. I really appreciate all your advice. I’m definitely gonna look into YouTube videos for those strategies, as well as videos of how other people like to play Michael efficiently. It’s such a bummer that there’s “tiers” for killers, since it seems like eventually you’ll either struggle greatly to win or will have to choose another killer to increase your chances.

    But perhaps you’re right. I won’t focus so much on winning & instead will learn chases and such properly. I’ve 100% been guilty of sticking to chases for too long & neglecting patrolling gens lol.

  • If you're playing Mikey I feel like the best time to stalk survivors is when they just leave a generator. That way they have as little time as possible to escape into a loop and you get the most out of your stalking power

  • @Siberia said:

    Legit I don’t know if I’m just bad or if survivors are super strong??? when I start playing against survivors who aren’t new, they all stomp me into the ground. I’ve been getting 1 kill per match. They all loop me, deprive me of stalk, and click their flashlights at me.

    idk I’m getting discouraged I guess and wondering why I even came back to this game to torment myself 😂

    I would recommend unistalling this garbage and play something alot better. The game is just getting worse and worse... an it wont change any time soon. As these devs are a joke!

  • I have said all along. This game favors the survivors. But it makes sense from a business perspective.

    Survivors outnumber killers 4 to 1. Survivors can bring in their friends to play swf. They buy more cosmetics, they buy more addon packs.

    You need the game to be easier on them. If they perceive the game as being to hard they won't stay and bring friends and spend.

    Killers do spend as well. Just not on the same level. It's standard business. Cater to your majority.

    They would never admit it, we may not like it, but it's a sound business practice.

  • Because every survivor have the tool to 1v1 a killer in a 1v4 game. You play myers too that does not help your case like other people say he is one of the worst killer

  • They eat a lot of spinach.

    Other than that, strength in numbers, strong loops, objective being done too fast even if you get downs in reasonable time with certain killers.

  • @Shaped said:

    They eat a lot of spinach.

    Other than that, strength in numbers, strong loops, objective being done too fast even if you get downs in reasonable time with certain killers.

    Lmfao.


    Yup just got bullied again by a SWF haha. Doesn’t help that I have like zero good perks but it doesn’t exactly encourage me to keep playing either.

  • @Siberia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565298#Comment_2565298

    Lmfao.

    Yup just got bullied again by a SWF haha. Doesn’t help that I have like zero good perks but it doesn’t exactly encourage me to keep playing either.

    yeah the grind in the beginning when you have no perks sucks ass especially since Michael doesn't have the strongest perks just try and focus on try a variety of killers ik you love myers and I love trapper but I found playing a lot of killers helped me get better, dont forget that survivors might be running spine chill and object of obsession so they will know when you are looking at them


    make sure when you are at loops you walk backwards or double back or even fake the double back to mind game them and hide your red stains that's all beginning survivors look at ia your red stains


    also know when to drop chase if you are playing myers you probably are using play with your food and if you are every time you lose a survivor whether on purpose or accident it speeds you up

  • @Siberia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565298#Comment_2565298

    Lmfao.

    Yup just got bullied again by a SWF haha. Doesn’t help that I have like zero good perks but it doesn’t exactly encourage me to keep playing either.

    also ik you hate playing survivor cause ik I do but try and play at least a little bit itll help you understand how they think better good survivors aren't just staring at gens they are constantly looking at there perks listening for your terror radius never forget they can hear your chase music long before you see them

    good survivors are already looking for the loop they are gonna head towards while they are fixing or healing or saving


    also my best advice is find things in the game you enjoy I mustve tried every killer and hated almost all of them until i played basement trapper now that's all i play lol

  • Because the Devs are too damn scared to nerf them, that's why. Anytime Survivors are unhappy Killers get nerfed, Deathslinger, Spirit, not even Wraith is safe when Survivors ######### and moan on the forums 24/7.

    I see posts every day complaining about stupid ######### like Franklin's or Leatherface. And odds are the Devs may actually be dumb enough to listen.

  • I'd even go as far to say Michael IS the worst. The only thing keeping him kiiiinda okay is green stalk speed addons and his bowtie addon. The rest is mediocre.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565205#Comment_2565205

    I'd even go as far to say Michael IS the worst. The only thing keeping him kiiiinda okay is green stalk speed addons and his bowtie addon. The rest is mediocre.

    idk if I could agree with Michael being worse then trapper or clown tbh atleast he has insta down abilities with no add ons

  • Survivors are weak, the Comms are strong.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    Because the Devs are too damn scared to nerf them, that's why. Anytime Survivors are unhappy Killers get nerfed, Deathslinger, Spirit, not even Wraith is safe when Survivors ######### and moan on the forums 24/7.

    I see posts every day complaining about stupid ######### like Franklin's or Leatherface. And odds are the Devs may actually be dumb enough to listen.

    Wraith had a coinflip moment though. The bigger problem is that devs are too scared to buff the killers in different ways because of potential power creeps.

    Do you want a killer to be kill switched for 2 entire weeks when killer mains find a easy cheese that guarantuees 4k's at 5 gens? No, thats why killer changes are tiny.


    And yeah, Franklins is a bit weird. It's only good against medkits(its not even good against keys, since survivors will just pick up the key and drop it somewhere), but it's too good against flashlights or sabotage toolboxes, which are already quite bad, but do not need a buff.

    Leatherface does need changes around hooked survivors tho. You shouldnt be able to camp a survivor who gets unhooked with BT and still down both survivors with 1 use of your ability. Not even NOED can do that #########. That's the only change he needs, no longer being able to camp. Especially now that survivor MMR is based around escapes. You literally have a killer that forces a survivor to lose MMR without them having any kind of preparation against that. Bubba is one of the killers where I would say you need to know you're facing him, because if you dont run DS Unbreakable, you're not going to be unhooked.

  • Most killers have nothing on the survivors. They control everything, not the killer.

  • @Siberia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565231#Comment_2565231

    No offense taken! I don’t have a lot of killer hours under my belt, and the only killer I DO play is Michael. Somehow I keep going against sweaty SWF teams that clearly know what they’re doing, when I’m only in bronze ranks rn 🧐

    This isn’t meant to just be me complaining. I was genuinely confused if I was just really bad or if survivors are somehow godlike & make killers look like fools often. I guess when I think of playing a killer, I think of them being formidable; someone you don’t wanna mess with. But instead with DBD you get teabaggers and clickers and people who smash you in the face with pallets & encourage a chase because they don’t fear you 😂

    Careful, since it seems you came back after a longer break but (bronze) GRADE have no longer anything to do with matchmaking.

    Those visuals are just indicator how much someone has played between the thirteenth of each month for monthly bp rewards. (You also can not "derank" in grades since their progress is determined by the old pipping system but without depipping, only black pipping at worst)

    The matchmaking is done now with a hidden MMR value.

  • @Ulquiorraindbd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565258#Comment_2565258

    No problem! It's always nice to help another killer main out. Seriously, we need more killer players, so please stick to killer.

    Yo this conversation was so wholesome

  • Power role needs to be strong

  • @Ulquiorraindbd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287398/why-are-survivors-so-strong

    Ok, well no offense, but it's probably a combination of lack of skill on your part, plus the fact the Michael is very weak. Survivors are super strong, yes, but not until you reach the top .00001% of SWF teams. If you're consistently going against survivors that make you feel the game is survivor sided, you're not losing because the game is survivor sided. Hope that makes sense.

    If any survivor runs prove thyself and is semi efficient on gens it wont matter because objectives are imbalanced, a team doesnt have to be strong to win vs killer, they just have to hold m1 on gens semi-efficiently

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    Because the Devs are too damn scared to nerf them, that's why. Anytime Survivors are unhappy Killers get nerfed, Deathslinger, Spirit, not even Wraith is safe when Survivors ######### and moan on the forums 24/7.

    I see posts every day complaining about stupid ######### like Franklin's or Leatherface. And odds are the Devs may actually be dumb enough to listen.

    I certainly hope not. Leatherface is love, Leatherface is life. They should go nerf Pig again. I mean, after this next update, of course.

  • SBMM largely killed the casual game. There is kinda one way to play as survivor which is split up and smash gens and the killer has to perfectly prioritise time to have a chance to stop that, throw in a lil tunneling to get it down to three early and you have the competitive meta formula for DBD.

    I feel like its to easy to rank up as killer and SBMM does a better job at matching equally skilled survivors so that one potatoe I relied on to get a foothold in the game is often no longer there. (This is just my experience others experience may differ).

    Mikey is a lil lacking too and unfortunately as my fav killer I get trounced a lot. I find when you are completely outmatched its time to forgoe the kills, even 1 kill seems to keep you at the higher SBMM, let everyone escape for a game or two and then try again for real its whats been working for me. I'm about as good as I'm going to get at this game too so that's my go to strat to keep it casual.

    Throw a few games 0 kills then give it a try. My go to for this is BBQ and Chilli I can still farm up a heap of BP's and let everyone out the gate.

    Also lightborn is my best friend I've gotten so much stalk out of the way while people try to blind me. I got to infinite tier three tombstone at 4 gens up because a 3man flashlight squad just couldn't seem to figure it out and kept trying to blind me while I stalked them. Good times.

    Chase in tier 2 with your stalk 99'd for 3 and then pop at the opportune moment for the quick insta down. If all goes to plan you should have enough tier 3 left for a second insta down. Speed boosting perks work well for this.

  • Easy answer, DBD has like 90+% of community playing as survivors, that means the majority of the money that Behaviour make is from survivor side.

    Why should they Nerf the golden chicken? That makes no sense, survivors escaping every Game with their premade means more money on skins because they are having fun destroying Killers easy.

    It doesnt Matter if Killers stop buying skins and supporting Behaviour with money, we are not important, we are less than 15% of playerbase so for them, Its better to make Happy the other 85%.

    For that reason, 4 players with 500hrs each other, can Smash 5k hours killers. Broken maps, 15-20 pallets per map, OP structures and now this new boon totems, strong AsF.

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565441#Comment_2565441

    idk if I could agree with Michael being worse then trapper or clown tbh atleast he has insta down abilities with no add ons

    But it requires staring at survivor up close to get that ability, and without addons to speed it up, good survivors will have finished 3,5 gens before it pops, and once it pops, they simply have to hide for 60 seconds and it's gone. Or injured survivors tanking a hit for healthy survivors so they can outlast Myers. Once hooked, Myers has no real reasons to leave, because 1 of his targets is on the hook, and he cannot gain stalk from them, at least 1 running survivor has been partially stalked and the other 2 are very hard to find, so there is no way of getting T3 anymore unless you start camping.

    Trapper, on the other hand, simply needs 1 person stepping in a trap, and that's an instadown. Trapping a certain loop early on where survivors dont know you've visited is an easy catch. Clown just has to spam bottles once or twice and get a hit. Having 35% speed difference(45% if you also used a yellow bottle on yourself) is pretty much a guaranteed hit. Especially since survivors cannot fast vault while hindered.

    Myers is by far the most addon reliant killer, and even in that scenario, he relies on stalk speed and increasing his T3 timer so he can camp out an entire hookstate.

    Myers is better at guaranteeing 1 kill than Clown and Trapper, but Clown and Trapper are far more likely to get 3k's as there isnt enough time in the world for Myers to guarantee 3 kills. That's not even talking about how stalk is limited. If a survivor DC's after they started walking? thats 1/4th of your potential stalk gone. Survivor suicides on hook but never been stalked? 1/4th of your stalk gone.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565444#Comment_2565444

    But it requires staring at survivor up close to get that ability, and without addons to speed it up, good survivors will have finished 3,5 gens before it pops, and once it pops, they simply have to hide for 60 seconds and it's gone. Or injured survivors tanking a hit for healthy survivors so they can outlast Myers. Once hooked, Myers has no real reasons to leave, because 1 of his targets is on the hook, and he cannot gain stalk from them, at least 1 running survivor has been partially stalked and the other 2 are very hard to find, so there is no way of getting T3 anymore unless you start camping.

    Trapper, on the other hand, simply needs 1 person stepping in a trap, and that's an instadown. Trapping a certain loop early on where survivors dont know you've visited is an easy catch. Clown just has to spam bottles once or twice and get a hit. Having 35% speed difference(45% if you also used a yellow bottle on yourself) is pretty much a guaranteed hit. Especially since survivors cannot fast vault while hindered.

    Myers is by far the most addon reliant killer, and even in that scenario, he relies on stalk speed and increasing his T3 timer so he can camp out an entire hookstate.

    Myers is better at guaranteeing 1 kill than Clown and Trapper, but Clown and Trapper are far more likely to get 3k's as there isnt enough time in the world for Myers to guarantee 3 kills. That's not even talking about how stalk is limited. If a survivor DC's after they started walking? thats 1/4th of your potential stalk gone. Survivor suicides on hook but never been stalked? 1/4th of your stalk gone.

    Idk dude he still has insta down, I've seen good myerses slug everyone at 5 gens. Clown can't do that 😂

  • Myers can be tricky against experienced players. Corrupt Intervention really helps give you some time to stalk in the early stages. Monitor and Abuse reduces his terror radius to 8 meters(!) in tier 2, which basically turns him into a stealth killer. You can catch survivors off guard by combining Bamboozle with his tier 3 vault speed. Just take another slowdown and you're set

  • The balance of dbd is ######### beyond the ideas of weak or strong, the entire design philosophy is bizarre.

    Killer has no actual control over the course of the game, all they can do is punish survivor mistakes and give them more opportunities to make mistakes.

    Survivors have full control of the game and are nigh impossible to kill if they play perfectly, but if they aren't genrushing with meta perks are punished heavily for their mistakes.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568076#Comment_2568076

    Idk dude he still has insta down, I've seen good myerses slug everyone at 5 gens. Clown can't do that 😂

    I mean, if a Myers can slug all 4 survivors at 5 gens, survivors have been bad. Against a good clown, you would need to DC to prevent him from popping a gen in a 3-gen scenario, because he can permanently keep a 3 gen since he can down people fast. Myers can snowball, but his snowball potential is very steep and heavy survivor dependend.


    I mean, really, play clown for 100 games and myers for 100 games, both without addons, and you'll see the difference in strength.

  • Very hard to tell without seeing how you play, what you are facing, maps etc...

    There has been instances of people claiming Survivors being superbroken and the game barely playable and when they post their videos the main reason is the player being bad (bad to an insulting degree sometimes), by miracles of old rank system since they played a lot and stomped boosted Solos (who also ranked by playing a lot) they reached red ranks and had to face from time to time good players, supposedly MMR should fix or aleviate this problem.

    First of all you should try to identify what gives you the most trouble and try to work a solution, sometimes is just poor L/T running or bad decission making.


    P.D. I do believe the game is skewed towards Survivor at the highest level of play in SWF, especially the SWAT teams but for average players is not THAT bad, most of the time what really weights the results are maps, especially certain combinations which can be hell for a side.

  • When balancing the game Bhvr does not consider the survivors actually working together. They also favor new players over veterans. Thus the game breaks once survivors know how to play or are using headsets.