I want old ruin back as Solo Q survivor

Old ruin was strong, but I didn't mind it. I was able to hit my skillchecks and the work I put into it stayed most of the time.

New ruin with a bunch of solo randoms is just horrible at times. All the killer as to do is show up at my gen with his tinkerer proc.

Comments

  • Just imagine old Ruin with Undying. Survivors will go on strike.

  • Too bad, so sad. Devs won’t reverse it, blame all the whiny survivors who refused to do totems and came on here crying for nerfs. As a solo survivor, I found matches with old Ruin more enjoyable too. I couldn’t hit all the great skill checks, but I knew to tap or just find the totem.

    Survivors got what they deserve with the new Ruin, Undying and Tinkerer. Maybe if for once they’d try to get good or admit they’re just not very good at this game, instead of crying for nerfs, the game would be a little more entertaining.

  • @GannTM said:

    Just imagine old Ruin with Undying. Survivors will go on strike.

    No problem. Old ruin didn't had to be destroyed. You could power thro it. Killer comes with tinkerer? No problem, I will give the killer a long chase and my progress stays were I left it

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561442#Comment_2561442

    No problem. Old ruin didn't had to be destroyed. You could power thro it. Killer comes with tinkerer? No problem, I will give the killer a long chase and my progress stays were I left it

    Ruin Tinkerer right now is mainly a Tinkerer problem. Ruin is fine right now.

  • Yeah I can see why

    Its literally stronger now than it was before

  • Ah, a fellow Old Ruin Enjoyer! Always good to meet one.

    That perk, in my honest opinion, was the most well-designed perk in Dead by Daylight's history, and it was painful to see it go.

  • Old ruin now that undying exists, now that tinkerer has been buffed, and it synergises with pop again? I'll pass. Imagine those four perks together on a nurse or something in soloQ

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Old ruin now that undying exists, now that tinkerer has been buffed, and it synergises with pop again? I'll pass. Imagine those four perks together on a nurse or something in soloQ

    Doesn't discourage me in the slightest, but you know how I am.

  • But would every other solo survivor like that? No.

  • Old ruin was very effective for m1 killers with no mobility. It actually slowed down gens without requiring you to push them off it. While new ruin rewards killers for applying pressure, the fact is many killers kits suck at doing that. Good survivors either found it right away or they hit great skill checks.

    But the perk was too good against newbs and instead of telling them to git gud, bhvr made the game harder for everyone else.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Old ruin now that undying exists, now that tinkerer has been buffed, and it synergises with pop again? I'll pass. Imagine those four perks together on a nurse or something in soloQ

    Kinda sounds like facing 4 ds's, 4 dh's, 4 bt's and 4 iron wills? Yet that is perfectly allowed.

  • While I also had no problem with old Ruin, I hope it will never come back. There should be no effortless Slowdown for Killers.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Old ruin was very effective for m1 killers with no mobility. It actually slowed down gens without requiring you to push them off it. While new ruin rewards killers for applying pressure, the fact is many killers kits suck at doing that. Good survivors either found it right away or they hit great skill checks.

    But the perk was too good against newbs and instead of telling them to git gud, bhvr made the game harder for everyone else.

    I think Old Ruin was actually good for the newbs. I mean, that is how I learned to hit Great Skill Checks.

    It teached you more than it punished you.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561550#Comment_2561550

    I think Old Ruin was actually good for the newbs. I mean, that is how I learned to hit Great Skill Checks.

    It teached you more than it punished you.

    I agree but these days obstacles are not to be overcome. They are to be removed because the current generation thinks there should be no hardship.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561557#Comment_2561557

    I agree but these days obstacles are not to be overcome. They are to be removed because the current generation thinks there should be no hardship.

    There's a difference between hardship and unfun

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561557#Comment_2561557

    I agree but these days obstacles are not to be overcome. They are to be removed because the current generation thinks there should be no hardship.

    Then the current generation sucks.

  • I used to run Ruin and Huntress Lullaby on Pig

  • I miss old ruin too ;_; it was fun and made me feel like a god hitting all the checks. Its thanks to that perk I can get gens done super quick now (especially with Fast Track).

    We are the very very small minority tho ^^ I know most people are happy its dead and gone.

    New ruin isn't horrible, its just less of a challenge/ threat as a survivor. If the killer is busy with someone the perk does nothing for the other 3 on gens. When I play killer I rarely use it and as a survivor its like 'who cares?'. I know a lot of people like the Undying + Ruin combo but I have never had issue with it (also because I run Detective's constantly hehe).

  • The thing is many many many people use the word unfun when they dont want to git gud. Instead of improving they want the game brought down to their lvl so they dont have to work for it.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561565#Comment_2561565

    The thing is many many many people use the word unfun when they dont want to git gud. Instead of improving they want the game brought down to their lvl so they dont have to work for it.

    I mean this goes both ways, and when it comes to something like Ruin it ONLY affected newer players and older players werent affected in the slightest. Id agree if it affected every one equally but that just wasnt the case

    Nowadays no matter what level of play, You will find use out of Ruin

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    Old ruin was strong, but I didn't mind it. I was able to hit my skillchecks and the work I put into it stayed most of the time.

    New ruin with a bunch of solo randoms is just horrible at times. All the killer as to do is show up at my gen with his tinkerer proc.

    Oh god I don't, you either had your garbage brain teammates searching for the totem the whole match or it had so little effect either because you found the totem early or because you were experienced enough and could power right trough it. Ruin nerf was objectively one of the better changes to an unbelivably boring meta.

  • I don’t understand this post. Especially the last sentence.

    What is bad about working on a gen with a bunch of randoms? Furthermore, what does the killer bringing Tinkerer with it have to do with it?

  • Old Ruin made it so Survivors could hit constant greats... so the older players of this game got used to Old Ruin

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561509#Comment_2561509

    Kinda sounds like facing 4 ds's, 4 dh's, 4 bt's and 4 iron wills? Yet that is perfectly allowed.

    I don't particularly enjoy facing 4 meta survivors either and I don't think I've claimed otherwise?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    While I also had no problem with old Ruin, I hope it will never come back. There should be no effortless Slowdown for Killers.

    I rather have effortless slowdown than current ruin where little effort (show up at gen and chase) gets rewarded so immensely

  • @Mistakesweremade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287033/i-want-old-ruin-back-as-solo-q-survivor

    Oh god I don't, you either had your garbage brain teammates searching for the totem the whole match or it had so little effect either because you found the totem early or because you were experienced enough and could power right trough it. Ruin nerf was objectively one of the better changes to an unbelivably boring meta.

    And now it's much different????

    You either push a gen with new ruin until tinkerer proc and a wraith or blight rushes to your face to hit you. Then fuks off to the next guy and delaying the game incredibly long. So what are brain dead monkey team mates doing? Go injured on a gen just to get downed? Selfcare in a corner and let the gen regress just to repeat same thing? Search for ruin with currently so insane spots on some (indoor maps)? Just to realize it was undying?


    Facing Old ruin is miles better from a solo Q perspective

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561550#Comment_2561550

    I think Old Ruin was actually good for the newbs. I mean, that is how I learned to hit Great Skill Checks.

    It teached you more than it punished you.

    sure did! That’s how I also learned a few weeks before they nerfed it. And it wasn’t that hard.

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561606#Comment_2561606

    And now it's much different????

    You either push a gen with new ruin until tinkerer proc and a wraith or blight rushes to your face to hit you. Then fuks off to the next guy and delaying the game incredibly long. So what are brain dead monkey team mates doing? Go injured on a gen just to get downed? Selfcare in a corner and let the gen regress just to repeat same thing? Search for ruin with currently so insane spots on some (indoor maps)? Just to realize it was undying?

    Facing Old ruin is miles better from a solo Q perspective

    That’s why I always look for the totems first when the killer has ruin because of tinkerer.

  • @Laurie268 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561685#Comment_2561685

    That’s why I always look for the totems first when the killer has ruin because of tinkerer.

    You could do same with old ruin. That's not a valid point

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Too bad, so sad. Devs won’t reverse it, blame all the whiny survivors who refused to do totems and came on here crying for nerfs. As a solo survivor, I found matches with old Ruin more enjoyable too. I couldn’t hit all the great skill checks, but I knew to tap or just find the totem.

    Survivors got what they deserve with the new Ruin, Undying and Tinkerer. Maybe if for once they’d try to get good or admit they’re just not very good at this game, instead of crying for nerfs, the game would be a little more entertaining.

    It was changed because it destroyed new players, it had nothing to do with survivors complaining.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561557#Comment_2561557

    I agree but these days obstacles are not to be overcome. They are to be removed because the current generation thinks there should be no hardship.

    "Back in my day, we used to scratch tunnels through brick walls with our bare hands until your fingernails eroded away, just for the challenge!"

    "All right, grandpa, let's get you to bed"

  • I wouldn't mind old Ruin coming back, and to be honest I hate Ruin in its current state. It makes games extremely boring in my opinion.

    However, the issue with that lies upon totem spawns and map design. Imagine how problematic old Ruin would be, especially with Undying, bringing a higher chance of BS totem spawns. At the same time, it had counterplay: hitting the great skill checks.

    As long as they rebalance maps and fix totem spawns to make them more reliable while not being stupid unfair, I won't mind old Ruin coming back.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561560#Comment_2561560

    "Back in my day, we used to scratch tunnels through brick walls with our bare hands until your fingernails eroded away, just for the challenge!"

    "All right, grandpa, let's get you to bed"

    "Beware the old man. In a land where men die young"

    When you get older youll begin to understand. Kids will have something cool that makes life easier and you will say "wth? we didnt have stuff like that when we were kids"

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561447#Comment_2561447

    It was changed because it destroyed new players, it had nothing to do with survivors complaining.

    Well, new ruin destroys new players even more. The new ruin (especially combined with tinkerer) is an absolute stomp. New survivors not only will not finish gens. They lose all their progress.

    New ruin is more oppressive on new survivors than old ruin

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561560#Comment_2561560

    "Back in my day, we used to scratch tunnels through brick walls with our bare hands until your fingernails eroded away, just for the challenge!"

    "All right, grandpa, let's get you to bed"

    "let me make you opinion invalid by exegerating with an out of thin air story"

    Good boy. Keep going.

  • @glitchboi said:

    I wouldn't mind old Ruin coming back, and to be honest I hate Ruin in its current state. It makes games extremely boring in my opinion.

    However, the issue with that lies upon totem spawns and map design. Imagine how problematic old Ruin would be, especially with Undying, bringing a higher chance of BS totem spawns. At the same time, it had counterplay: hitting the great skill checks.

    As long as they rebalance maps and fix totem spawns to make them more reliable while not being stupid unfair, I won't mind old Ruin coming back.

    Old ruin had counterplay: power thro it if you can't find the totem.

    That's why I was okay with it.

  • solo queuing with old ruin was terrible no one can hit great skillchecks lul

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    solo queuing with old ruin was terrible no one can hit great skillchecks lul

    Doesn't matter, eventually the gen would finish anyway. Took 20% longer average if you miss around 10 skillchecks

  • that’s could be fun .. for one week