Deathslinger received a healthy change
That's exactly how a killer like deathslinger should be changed. Well done!
That's exactly how a killer like deathslinger should be changed. Well done!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Deleting a killer is healthy?
If all the killers receive this "healthy treatment" it'll be an awfully healthy corpse.
Define 'healthy'.
They removed almost every strength he had and didn't change a single meaningful one of his debilitating weaknesses, besides a useless speed increase while ADSing - something that makes your shot much easier to dodge. We've gone full circle, and now he really IS just a weaker, less efficient version of Huntress.
Tell me you’re a survivor main without telling me you’re a survivor main.
I would agree if they compensated fairly. Otherwise like I said in another thread, it is too much of a nerf.
I don't like when this happens to a killer/perk/etc that isn't even op.
Yeah sure buddy. That's as healthy of a change as survivors getting a stamina bar from what it reads like.
I respect devs ideas.Done lol
This wasn't healthy at all, he was B or A tier at best and they over nerfed him, just needed the ads change and thats it
He's not going to be any fun to play now that quick scoping is gone. He was one of the more fun killers to play because of that fact. It didn't even matter whether you won the trial or not, it was just fun trying to get sick long range quick scopes. The aiming mechanic is just painful.
Excellent joke.
nerfing him to the point where he's just a weaker less fun huntress isn't "healthy"
If this is healthy then plague is a fitness guru.
You guys can thank all the deathslingers that were running M&A on him which is like 99% of them. I’ve run into him so many times without a warning, especially on indoor maps like midwich. The only ways they could’ve balanced his TR was by either nerfing M&A (like they did with stridor) or by increasing his TR. They chose the best option imo
Yes
Removing key frustrations like his cod sniper ads quickscoping but compensate with other buffs to his power and addons.
Hitting your target is on you, not the survivors. Survivors try to dodge but ultimately it's on you if you miss.
Chad
We don't even know how much the compensate will feel. Besides, he gets some buffs on addons aswell.
We done being cringe?
Except he didn't get hardly any compensation buffs. But he did get a whole ton of massive nerfs.
What else he got? TR nerf? That's not a big deal
Now he’s going to be as rare as Billy. Thanks devs.
He wasn't fun to against either with shots coming out of nowhere or you trying to dodge invisible things (him not shooting) and losing so much distance that he m1s you.
The only person being ‘cringe’ is you. So tell me, are you done? 😉
Sigma male grindset
Deathslinger's spear moves at the same speed as a fully charged hatchet, has an infinitely smaller hitbox and now he too has to abide by her rules and spend time ADSing and telegraphing his shot. It's not a matter of "just aim better" now. It is a pinprick shot that is heavily telegraphed, has poor sensitivity in ADS, has travel time, and he only gets one attempt at.
On paper sound alright to me. And if he needs more buffs in other areas I'm all I'm for it as long as his dumb quick scoping is gone.
Gross
Im still sad about what they did to Billy. But deathslinger I wouldn't mind never versing him again.
I can't even imagine trying to play around loops and jungle gyms while being forced to use the aiming mechanism without quickscoping. That sounds awful, especially on console where I play. Trickster might even be better than him at a jungle gym. I'm going to play him non-stop until the quickscoping is gone, and he's dead and buried.
How about the people who do?
I like having a variety of killers, even ones I dislike. Because facing Wraith over and over again ain't fun, chief.
People who are cringe never realize it. Its alright, maybe I'm a few years if you look back to your comments you will understand and cringe yourself
This is definitely an unpopular opinion. RIP Caleb.
If he would stay like he is currently, yes, deleting him would be healthy for the game.
I am glad they are changing this stinker of a killer, nobody but a few Deathslinger mains will be upset, so who cares? A big win for the game overall.
You’re not even an entertaining troll. At least attempt to be humorous with your replies. 😴
Yes, thanks. Nobody will miss him.
Idk man. A lot of people right now on the forums are pretty upset. Me included, and I don't even main him. i just play him on rotation.
Pretty sure it moves faster than hatches. And even a fully charged hatchet is undodgeable at a certain distance (if the aim is correct).
Also, smaller hitbox is beneficial for many things (like shooting thro holes) but that's something only high skilled killers can do.
Wait, where did he receive buffs to his power? And how healthy is it to play a killer if he's only good with add ons?
I rather have wraith than deathslinger tho
They didn't chose the best option, they should have nerfed m&a.
Lmao "stinker" killed me
He really be stinky tho
Okay sure, hope you enjoy playing agaisnt only Wraith then bud.
Ta ta.
I'm not your personal clown to entertain you. But continue to be mine I don't mind.
Healthy is subjective. It depends on how he feels to play during the PTB. If ads feels wonky then the change isn't good. Hopefully the increase ads walking speed helps.
Notice they didn't say how much they increased walk speed while aiming? yeah... there is a reason for that. everything else will be a hard nerf.
TR nerf is massive for a killer with a power that can only land within 20 meters
Could’ve fooled me. 🤡
Ok, let's take a look at what he lost... shall we?
What did he get back? Somewhat faster movement speed while ADSing. That just flat out isn't enough considering what he lost.