Deathslinger received a healthy change

That's exactly how a killer like deathslinger should be changed. Well done!

Comments

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523889#Comment_2523889

    Idk man. A lot of people right now on the forums are pretty upset. Me included, and I don't even main him. i just play him on rotation.

    The thing is: in the forums are a lot of killer mains. Obviously any nerf to killer will get many upset posts.

    I play both sides. I see why killer mains are mad. But they lack seeing the survivor side. It ain't fun versing current deathslinger, even if I win all the time. I rather lose all the time but have fun while losing.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523793#Comment_2523793

    Notice they didn't say how much they increased walk speed while aiming? yeah... there is a reason for that. everything else will be a hard nerf.

    We will find out. They don't have to say every single detail. Post is already long and split into 2 parts.

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523900#Comment_2523900

    The thing is: in the forums are a lot of killer mains. Obviously any nerf to killer will get many upset posts.

    I play both sides. I see why killer mains are mad. But they lack seeing the survivor side. It ain't fun versing current deathslinger, even if I win all the time. I rather lose all the time but have fun while losing.

    Oh funny you mentioned that.

    I play both sides too :D

    And I find him way more fun compared to versing say Trapper.

    But I digress. Clearly you're not someone to be reasoned with, but is that very surprising?

  • yeah, healthy....lol

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523900#Comment_2523900

    The thing is: in the forums are a lot of killer mains. Obviously any nerf to killer will get many upset posts.

    I play both sides. I see why killer mains are mad. But they lack seeing the survivor side. It ain't fun versing current deathslinger, even if I win all the time. I rather lose all the time but have fun while losing.

    i play both sides too and have gone against a deathslinger. it was fine and the nerf is pretty ridiculous still.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523819#Comment_2523819

    TR nerf is massive for a killer with a power that can only land within 20 meters

    Idk, deathslinger mains were already running monitor and abuse all the time. They will still use that perk and have relative small TR

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523942#Comment_2523942

    Idk, deathslinger mains were already running monitor and abuse all the time. They will still use that perk and have relative small TR

    It’ll go back to 24 meters iirc, which was his original tr, but he barely got any compensation for losing the best part of his anti-loop

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523942#Comment_2523942

    Idk, deathslinger mains were already running monitor and abuse all the time. They will still use that perk and have relative small TR

    i myself have not used monitor and abuse. it's not because i don't have it (which i dont), i just dont care for it as a perk in general. i have been playing deathslinger lately as wel.

  • The terror radius change was very necessary, idk about the rest

  • All the salty killer players acting like he won't still be good. He'll still be good and needed the nerfs. Anytime any killer gets nerfed so they can't exploit survivors for free they claim the killer has lost all mind game and that the killer is gutted. DS is still going to be good he just can't exploit pallets and windows anymore. I only wish they had done this way sooner because it was an obvious change he needed as far as being able to instantly scope and fire without counterplay.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Healthy is subjective. It depends on how he feels to play during the PTB. If ads feels wonky then the change isn't good. Hopefully the increase ads walking speed helps.

    The biggest issue with ADS has never really been the walking speed but the aiming speed. It's almost impossible to hit a survivor if you don't aim scope, since you cannot move your aim fast enough to compensate for the survivor that actually is aware enough to not move in a straight line.

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    The terror radius change was very necessary, idk about the rest

    It was not. He's a slow killer, why does he need the radius of a fast killer?

    If m&a was so oppressive, nerf m&a

  • No, he didn't. He was weakened massively for no good reason.

    Also, Ok, so lets say it takes him half a second to be able to shoot now...ok congrats, now the game is telling you that the killer is likely to shoot, you still have no idea when he's gonna shoot and you still can't dodge it because it comes out at 40 m/s.

    The problem is that mediocre survivors can't be bothered to learn how a killer works, so they don't understand how to predict when slinger is likely to shoot, so they had to get the killer nerfed into oblivion so the game would tell them explicitly when the killer is likely to shoot.

    Also, survivors couldn't use their eyes, and keep track of the killer's positioning based on where they saw him and where chases are happening, so of course the game needs to tell them exactly when the big bad mean killer is approaching. How dare we expect survivors to stop looking at the youtube video on their other monitor to actually pay attention to the game.

  • @Sabraiz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523937#Comment_2523937

    The biggest issue with ADS has never really been the walking speed but the aiming speed. It's almost impossible to hit a survivor if you don't aim scope, since you cannot move your aim fast enough to compensate for the survivor that actually is aware enough to not move in a straight line.

    Sure, that would be part of the feeling I was trying to convey.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    All the salty killer players acting like he won't still be good. He'll still be good and needed the nerfs. Anytime any killer gets nerfed so they can't exploit survivors for free they claim the killer has lost all mind game and that the killer is gutted. DS is still going to be good he just can't exploit pallets and windows anymore. I only wish they had done this way sooner because it was an obvious change he needed as far as being able to instantly scope and fire without counterplay.

    Here's the deal, if they had significantly buffed his reload speed and reel speed, then maybe this would be Ok.

    I don't think Survivors realize just how much time Deathslinger wastes doing those two activities that most other killers don't need to do. That's why his map pressure is so terrible. That's why his 1v1 was so oppressive to offset that. That's why playing as him kinda felt like playing as a glacier... where the Survivors sure couldn't stop you but they could outpace you. If he's not unstoppable anymore, he needs to be faster in the 1v4. But... they didn't make him faster.

  • What they SHOULD HAVE done is:

    • Leave the quickscope mechanic
    • ADD a delay if he cancels his aim, that way skilled quickscope players don’t get punished but if they cancel their aim to “zone” survivors then they get slowed and can’t hit out if it immediately
    • Change his Terror Radius to 28 meters
  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524028#Comment_2524028

    Here's the deal, if they had significantly buffed his reload speed and reel speed, then maybe this would be Ok.

    I don't think Survivors realize just how much time Deathslinger wastes doing those two activities that most other killers don't need to do. That's why his map pressure is so terrible. That's why his 1v1 was so oppressive to offset that. That's why playing as him kinda felt like playing as a glacier... where the Survivors sure couldn't stop you but they could outpace you. If he's not unstoppable anymore, he needs to be faster in the 1v4. But... they didn't make him faster.

    The reload speed thing wouldn't really be fair it'd just offset the whole point of the nerf. He's also a ranged killer so he's not going to get faster. He has to be slower to compensate for his power. His terror radius is what made up for that, but people abuse it by combining monitor with it so that change happened since they don't wanna change his actual terror radius. Which is fine by me I'll never have him just sneak up on me for free. I think he'll still be fine at least in high tier of play.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523849#Comment_2523849

    Ok, let's take a look at what he lost... shall we?

    1. Quick scoping (probably). This means that he'll be just as miserable to play as on the claustrophobic indoor maps as Huntress. Honestly, that alone was over half the reason to play him over Huntress.
    2. Free zoning by tapping M2. Honestly him losing this is fine. This was kinda BS anyway so I'm fine with him losing it.
    3. Good chase potential. His Terror Radius increasing from 24 to 32 meters is going to hurt a ton. It's already a good idea to just hold Shift + W away from Slinger when he shows up. The Survivors being able to do that 8m sooner could easily add a crazy 20 additional seconds to his chases.
    4. His alternate play style of Stealth Slinger. M&A + Gold Creek Whiskey could allow Deathslinger an alternate play style of using ADS a bit like how Pig uses her crouch. It was great. Not super viable but still fun. 32m TR along with the delay on unscoping murders this completely.

    What did he get back? Somewhat faster movement speed while ADSing. That just flat out isn't enough considering what he lost.

    Then make more suggestions to buff him in other areas.

    Also, he got buffs to addons.

    Btw, he has free zoning by just existing and looking at you. You don't even have to tap M2. M1 is so fast followed up after M2 that waiting to see the M2 as Survivor leaves you no reaction time.

  • @Laurie268 said:

    You guys can thank all the deathslingers that were running M&A on him which is like 99% of them. I’ve run into him so many times without a warning, especially on indoor maps like midwich. The only ways they could’ve balanced his TR was by either nerfing M&A (like they did with stridor) or by increasing his TR. They chose the best option imo

    yeah? problem, where? Wraith still has aura reading addon and silent bell. lol

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523918#Comment_2523918

    Okay sure, hope you enjoy playing agaisnt only Wraith then bud.

    Ta ta.

    Blight, Nurse, spirit, freddy etc still exist.

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523946#Comment_2523946

    Then make more suggestions to buff him in other areas.

    Also, he got buffs to addons.

    Btw, he has free zoning by just existing and looking at you. You don't even have to tap M2. M1 is so fast followed up after M2 that waiting to see the M2 as Survivor leaves you no reaction time.

    He got no buffs to his add ons unless the Devs changed their mind. He wasn't on the list of Killers getting an add on pass in Part 1.

    Also I did. I said if they keep all of these nerfs, he needs to have faster reload and faster reeling so his power eats less time to use.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524101#Comment_2524101

    The reload speed thing wouldn't really be fair it'd just offset the whole point of the nerf. He's also a ranged killer so he's not going to get faster. He has to be slower to compensate for his power. His terror radius is what made up for that, but people abuse it by combining monitor with it so that change happened since they don't wanna change his actual terror radius. Which is fine by me I'll never have him just sneak up on me for free. I think he'll still be fine at least in high tier of play.

    The point of the nerfs is to deal with 3 things that Deathslinger is doing that are all maybe a bit unhealthy for the game.

    1. Quickscoping so Survivors get hit before they can react.
    2. Feathering M2 so Survivors dodge and lose distance too fast.
    3. Using M&A to have a longer range than terror radius.

    One can debate how fair or unfair most of these things are... but changing his reload speed doesn't rebreak any of those problematic interactions. All it does is make him faster at what he does... which he'll need if he can't rely on broken chase mechanics anymore to offset his terrible 1v4.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523819#Comment_2523819

    TR nerf is massive for a killer with a power that can only land within 20 meters

    and to not forget about walking speed same as Huntress'


  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524191#Comment_2524191

    The point of the nerfs is to deal with 3 things that Deathslinger is doing that are all maybe a bit unhealthy for the game.

    1. Quickscoping so Survivors get hit before they can react.
    2. Feathering M2 so Survivors dodge and lose distance too fast.
    3. Using M&A to have a longer range than terror radius.

    One can debate how fair or unfair most of these things are... but changing his reload speed doesn't rebreak any of those problematic interactions. All it does is make him faster at what he does... which he'll need if he can't rely on broken chase mechanics anymore to offset his terrible 1v4.

    Well that's what his add ons are for they don't need to change the base reload speed itself. Also in my experience playing him its only bad if you miss then miss the following shot. Then you've basically lost the survivor but you basically get two chances assuming they didn't have some exhaustion perk.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523952#Comment_2523952

    Oh funny you mentioned that.

    I play both sides too :D

    And I find him way more fun compared to versing say Trapper.

    But I digress. Clearly you're not someone to be reasoned with, but is that very surprising?

    Trapper and hag and rock bottom to me. But that doesn't mean deathslinger is automatically so much fun.

  • @ignaeon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523996#Comment_2523996

    It was not. He's a slow killer, why does he need the radius of a fast killer?

    If m&a was so oppressive, nerf m&a

    Explain huntress lullaby to me. The logic behind is even tho she's slow she has a range attack. So does deathslinger. Therefore he needs larger TR by design

  • @Rey_512 said:

    What they SHOULD HAVE done is:

    • Leave the quickscope mechanic
    • ADD a delay if he cancels his aim, that way skilled quickscope players don’t get punished but if they cancel their aim to “zone” survivors then they get slowed and can’t hit out if it immediately
    • Change his Terror Radius to 28 meters

    Award winning reply.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524247#Comment_2524247

    Well that's what his add ons are for they don't need to change the base reload speed itself. Also in my experience playing him its only bad if you miss then miss the following shot. Then you've basically lost the survivor but you basically get two chances assuming they didn't have some exhaustion perk.

    In what universe is it a good plan to make a Killer more add on dependent?

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524028#Comment_2524028

    Here's the deal, if they had significantly buffed his reload speed and reel speed, then maybe this would be Ok.

    I don't think Survivors realize just how much time Deathslinger wastes doing those two activities that most other killers don't need to do. That's why his map pressure is so terrible. That's why his 1v1 was so oppressive to offset that. That's why playing as him kinda felt like playing as a glacier... where the Survivors sure couldn't stop you but they could outpace you. If he's not unstoppable anymore, he needs to be faster in the 1v4. But... they didn't make him faster.

    That's actually not a bad idea. Doesn't hurt to increase Base reloud speed. Or let him shoot twice per reloud

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524211#Comment_2524211

    He got no buffs to his add ons unless the Devs changed their mind. He wasn't on the list of Killers getting an add on pass in Part 1.

    Also I did. I said if they keep all of these nerfs, he needs to have faster reload and faster reeling so his power eats less time to use.

    Part 2 mentions addons buffs.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524191#Comment_2524191

    The point of the nerfs is to deal with 3 things that Deathslinger is doing that are all maybe a bit unhealthy for the game.

    1. Quickscoping so Survivors get hit before they can react.
    2. Feathering M2 so Survivors dodge and lose distance too fast.
    3. Using M&A to have a longer range than terror radius.

    One can debate how fair or unfair most of these things are... but changing his reload speed doesn't rebreak any of those problematic interactions. All it does is make him faster at what he does... which he'll need if he can't rely on broken chase mechanics anymore to offset his terrible 1v4.

    Exactly, well explained. Its like pyramidhead, they offset the zoning into faster M2 attacks. Healthy to me.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524270#Comment_2524270

    In what universe is it a good plan to make a Killer more add on dependent?

    You got me there, though people will only use a set few of them anyway so I don't see why it'd be much of a problem anyway. Though if they instead buffed the reload similar to how they made PH able to spam his power more maybe they'd change the add ons to have a lesser effect or maybe they'd just leave them as is.

  • I'll admit, I missed that line. However I have two issue with that.

    1. Making a killer more addon depending is not how you fix them. In fact in this same patch they're taking steps to make Trapper less add on dependent which is a step forward. Taking a step back with Deathslinger is not a good plan.
    2. They're only buffing his addons that aren't used much. Reload addons get used *all the time*. They ain't getting buffed. I don't know what they will buff but it won't be those.
  • Wait when did they fix his lack of 1 v 4 potential. A straight nerf to deathslinger who btw was actually a pretty bad killer before this change is now significantly worse. He is a slow killer with a lower range then the other dedicated ranged killers. He has zero gen pressure and has to two hit survivor's with less then your average killer mobility and then reel them in with a single shot. There is zero reason to play slinger over huntress. There is no appeal in playing him bar he's a cowboy with a gun. Not to mention increased number of indoor maps added to the game make the full aim changes even worse. If they don't like slinger in his current state disable him and fix his 1 v 4 before you end up poisoning any desire to play him. Anyone whos played na fps will tell you deathslinger movement whilst adsing is trash. Its pathetically cumbersome absolutely awful handling and is deserving of serious criticism. Mark my words these changes will make slinger one of the worst killers in dbd.

    He has lack of pressure equivalent to trapper, massively long periods of downtime due to his low speed reload after every shot one ammo capacity, and an increasing number of large/indoor maps that make his power even worse.

  • @Kebek said:

    Yeah sure buddy. That's as healthy of a change as survivors getting a stamina bar from what it reads like.

    I am sorry Kebek. I think you said you were deathslinger main. It is sad to see such changes. These changes completely destroy deathslinger's chase potencial and chase efficiency(chase duration). I'll miss going against good deathslinger players.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523594#Comment_2523594

    I am sorry Kebek. I think you said you were deathslinger main. It is sad to see such changes. These changes completely destroy deathslinger's chase potencial and chase efficiency(chase duration). I'll miss going against good deathslinger players.

    I wouldn't say they destroy him as much as they make him jank which will push players away from him. Yet I have hope they'll listen to feedback and either delay the changes or manage to rebalance them so that it's not just bad things coming his way.

    It really depends on how he'll feel on the PTB. We'll see soon, also thank you for the concern.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524717#Comment_2524717

    I wouldn't say they destroy him as much as they make him jank which will push players away from him. Yet I have hope they'll listen to feedback and either delay the changes or manage to rebalance them so that it's not just bad things coming his way.

    It really depends on how he'll feel on the PTB. We'll see soon, also thank you for the concern.

    I do not really think so, many of survivors did request this change for long time(see OP for example) and I do think there will be any real delays. In general, they do not listen to feedback after the changes have been posted. I am not really sure why spirit dust change is being delayed, Survivors have asked to get visual feedback on spirit's phase walk.

    One thing is for certain. these changes are not related to top 5%. I do not really understand vast majority of these killer changes. Most of my survivor games are ending in 5-6 minutes with killer scoring less than 3 hooks. So I am not certain how any of these changes are helping. How long do my killers that I play have until they're turned to jank? <Shrug>

  • @Altarf said:

    They removed almost every strength he had and didn't change a single meaningful one of his debilitating weaknesses, besides a useless speed increase while ADSing - something that makes your shot much easier to dodge. We've gone full circle, and now he really IS just a weaker, less efficient version of Huntress.

    I'm definitely on the side of the instant-shot needing to have been removed. But I agree, they definitely should have traded off more for it. For one, there's really just no reason at all he needs to be slowed down. If he has a delay after cancelling, then he just shouldn't lose distance. If anything, it should be a curved slowdown like Clown's reload, so people who are more skilled with his gun are rewarded for it.

    And I definitely would have liked to see his chain get buffed. Remove other survivors being able to speed up the breaking. Make the pulling power of it stronger, so weird map geography can't cuck it completely.

  • @Altarf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523794#Comment_2523794

    Deathslinger's spear moves at the same speed as a fully charged hatchet, has an infinitely smaller hitbox and now he too has to abide by her rules and spend time ADSing and telegraphing his shot. It's not a matter of "just aim better" now. It is a pinprick shot that is heavily telegraphed, has poor sensitivity in ADS, has travel time, and he only gets one attempt at.

    And this. Why, why, why, does a ######### PROJECTILE from a GUN move as fast as someone THROWING a hatchet? I get physics aren't that important in DBD, but given how small the projectile is, it really should be twice as fast.

  • Yeah, I'm sure you respect devs ideas until it's killer favored changes, huh? Low MMR survivor mains who can't get better themselves and survivor mains who just want a game where they can bully killers all day long will encourage any and all negative changes to killers. They don't give a damn about killer because they don't play killer and if they do? It's at low MMR where they somehow think that's a good decision to base game balance off of. Enjoy your fun while you can though, I'm sure anyone who enjoys killer will abandon this game for VHS when it releases, if the developers don't finish this game off for good before then.

  • @ignaeon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523996#Comment_2523996

    It was not. He's a slow killer, why does he need the radius of a fast killer?

    If m&a was so oppressive, nerf m&a

    So you wanna nerf a whole perk because of how it works with one killer? Same, stupid logic as nerfing stridor only because of spirit.

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524043#Comment_2524043

    So you wanna nerf a whole perk because of how it works with one killer? Same, stupid logic as nerfing stridor only because of spirit.

    I've heard people complain about it on any killer with a short terror radius and no lullaby. Slinger was just special since he could hit from beyond his radius.

    Capping spear distance to 1 or 2 meters below terror radius also would have worked I supposed, though then ads would need to break undetectable.

  • Well, they nerfed the only Killer I truly enjoyed playing. I guess it's time for me to become the full Survivor main BHVR wants me to be.

  • If they continue with these "healthy" changes, they might as well turn this game into a survivor-only game. The killer should be AI. Enjoy your loading bar simulator.

  • @Laurie268 said:

    You guys can thank all the deathslingers that were running M&A on him which is like 99% of them. I’ve run into him so many times without a warning, especially on indoor maps like midwich. The only ways they could’ve balanced his TR was by either nerfing M&A (like they did with stridor) or by increasing his TR. They chose the best option imo

    M&A wasn't good on Deathslinger, it was just meme add-on for suprise shots.

    If you actually run into him, then it is on you.

    Deathslinger is really bad, if survivors start running away early, because he is slow killer with limited range. This will make it just easier.

  • @adirgeforthedead said:

    Well, they nerfed the only Killer I truly enjoyed playing. I guess it's time for me to become the full Survivor main BHVR wants me to be.

    What were you doing before the release of deathslinger?

  • @hazzzard said:

    If they continue with these "healthy" changes, they might as well turn this game into a survivor-only game. The killer should be AI. Enjoy your loading bar simulator.

    The satire in this comment. Survivors were basically bots against deathslinger. Everyone was behaving the same and still got shot if aim was there because that is the core flaw of deathslinger. Playing deathslinger felt like playing single player.

1 2 ›