Sbmm praise?
What happened to all the people that praised sbmm and acted like it was the next best thing since sliced bread
All you see on the forum these days is people complaining about it what happened to all the people defending it like you killed their family if you spoke out against it where did they go
Perhaps they finally realised that bhvr has let us down again like they have time and time again
Comments
I love mmr, but the queue times are not what I signed up for. Unless those magically fix themselves in the coming days, hint hint, Behavior, I do more or less feel my mind has been changed. Albeit, the game quality is so much higher on killers I never thought I would be able to play. That is almost the biggest issue. I now feel the need to raise them all up whereas before I was largely content with being licensed only with a side of ranged killer.
Well, we had the last test to go on, which most player reports said went well.
Unfortunately, what they put Live is acting more like the failed, original SBMM from August 2020, that they quickly turned off to redesign and (claim) to have trashed.
Because they realized what I already thought would happen:
SBMM wouldn't make matches "fair", it would make them sweaty and less fun. Most tests proved that.
I said that from the start and yet I got witch hunted saying I can't just saying I can't base my opinion off their past actions but I most certainly can and it seems i was right like i knew i was
Exactly, the queue times were more or less the same as live from the test, as they indicated. And yet, now? Clearly something has changed.
The thing is people did praise the mmr but only for solo survivor.
For killer the majority of the player hate it.
Something is most definitely not right.
To save typing time, but to explain what I've been experiencing, this is a cut-and-paste from another thread.
First night of SBMM on the 8th, I was getting 3k and hatch or 4k, always at 1 gen left, all night. Didn't matter which killer. But the BPs scores were all very close between the five of us, so didn't feel unbalanced. It felt balanced and okay. The survivors just tended to fall apart at the 1-gen remaining because they always managed to 3-gen themselves. It wasn't even something I actively tried to make happen.
But games on the 9th and 10th? Forget about it. Now, match after match after match, I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 hooks against these survivors. That has gone on for a total of about 20-30 matches so far, with absolutely no change in match "skill quality" occurring. I even stuck to one killer, Myers, just to hope for some fair-and-balanced stabilization.
Keep in mind, I play casually. I don't sweat a 4k, don't run meta perks, and generally just play whatever killer and perk loadout strikes me at the moment. Always have played that way.
This has not been fun. It's been tedious and causing me to rethink playing further.
The witch hunt sucks, but at least you were right in the end.
I had really high hopes and a positive expectation of SBMM. I sincerely wanted to believe the hype, and the pamphlets BHVR released singing it's praises.
But it has truly been nothing but a misery for me as a Solo queue survivor. Never in my wildest dreams did I think things could get worse, but BHVR apparently excels at that.
My first 5-6 matches after SBMM wa implemented seemed pretty balanced and fun. Then something happened and the past two days? It's been hell. Not a single fun or fair game. Every Killer is a Rank 1 (formerly I suppose) and the camping and tunneling is off the charts. I just played 5 matches and gave up. Every single Killer not only camping and tunneling survivors at 5 gens out of the game, they've all had atrociously bad manners. hitting people while they camp them, one left me as the last survivor to bleed out while he just stood there in front me watching for the full 2-4 mins (whatever length it is). I've had messages from a Killer "GG I enjoyed watching you die" (another camper).
Previously I almost never got messages like that.
I don't know what the hell is happening anymore.
I love MMR, and I'm glad its Permanent, the game become way more bearable for me.
Maybe because people don't have anything to say when they're content and stuff is working as they expect it to.
The forums are for complainers.
As for me, SBMM is working ok. Nothing too sweaty, nothing too easy, not yet at least.
As killer, I've had some tough games as Wraith, which is to be expected because I've been maining him recently and winning a lot of games. Meanwhile I went back to Plague who I haven't played for a while due to her not being viable at my past rank, and the games were markedly easier, while still being challenging.
Maybe I lucked out on the killers I chose to play, in that my predicted MMR was pretty close to where it should be. I've still got other killers to try yet.
It works fine for me. It is a fairer system, but one thing it may show in some cases (not all, but some at least) is that people aren't as good as they think, and to sooth that ego-battering experience they'll vent. Forums is the best place to vent!
We've had a quite a few people complimenting it, but mostly those who enjoy it are just playing the game now and probably giggling at those infuriated by the system. And when people aren't happy they will post. But it's still such a small percentage of the overall playerbase. We'll see how people vote with their feet over the next few months, but BHVR need a big, well-publicised license like "Alien" in to bring in a large number of new players and see how they deal with the system (without bugging it to oblivion!).
Yeah, it’s funny that the people who were saying “If you don’t want MMR it’s just because you’re a sweaty and want to win every match by stomping babies!” now seem to want MMR gone because they can’t win matches, lol.
Everyone killer camps these days because the killer experience after sbmm is terrible only solo survivors ever thought it was good I play mostly killer like 70% but I do also play survivor and I can safely that most killer games I face sfw and most survivor games people kill themselves on hook or are just straight trolling and hiding in lockers not doing gens
And the sad part is I win most of my games so these are the games I'm getting after winning not after losing after winning
Do you have anything to suggest that it's the same people?
My experience has been pretty meh actually for survivor
I've been getting games where the team I get just absolutely shits on the killer and they stood no chance
Makes me feel bad
Now for killer
Because I only main like 2 killers mmr is fun for virtually every other killer although on those 2 yeah no its sweatlord games.
I honestly don't think it's that bad I still get the same survivors I got before when playing killer but I stay at rank 1 on killer also so I was used to strong survivors , my solo survivor experience has improved because my teammates are more competent and actually do gens now, I don't feel the need to swf as much I can have fun playing by myself because most of the time my team hasn't been throwing and they're playing smart , but it's too early to make a decision yet although it has been better for me so far
I mean you can kinda read people usernames my guy
I’ve seen examples, but naming and shaming is against forum rules so I can’t prove it.
My post a couple spots above yours shows pretty much the same thing for me, but as Killer. The 8th was nice and seemed fair. But the 9th and 10th have been an absolute debacle, MMR is clearly not adjusting down for me, and I'm not logging in today for a Round 3 of this mess. I honestly don't know when I'll be logging in again. My last break was for nine months.
I play Solo queue and with the exception of a few jerks, every survivor was just playing normally. But I know how some survivors in SWF's can get, and I know they're annoying.
But at the same time, My escape rate has gone down since SBMM. This "50/50" escape rate or whatever they advertised is NOT true. They must have collected that info from people who don't play with scumbag tactics. I have no idea how BHVR can collect any useful data on play skills when Killers do nothing but camp and tunnel. That would be completely skewed information.
According to this poll it’s pretty even, with most of the people choosing ‚don’t Know‘
of course you will notice the complainers more on the forums, it’s expected that those are the vocal ones..
I hear you. I take breaks now and then, but honestly, the game is unplayable for me in it's current state. I don't spend my free time on a game where I have to endure a bunch of little jerks abusing other players for their own personal amusement. And I know for a fact this behaviour runs both ways (I've seen survivors be absolutely terrible people to Killers).
I feel like this system is rewarding bad manners at this point.
I have to agree. And yeah, for us at least, it's simply unplayable in this state.
At this point, I'd rather forego the Overwatch Friends & Family team and subject myself to playing with five other randoms in that game than deal with another day of what's happening with my SBMM here.
And if you've ever played Overwatch as a solo, that's saying a lot.
It's been working for me mostly. It's chucked me some crappy matches here and there but less than before.
Disgruntled people are more likely to comment than satisfied people. I'm having too much fun playing to argue with people online.
Sorry you're not having fun, but SBMM has been great for me on both sides.
That's a poll on a website that only very dedicated players will ever hear or see this website I'm talking about everywhere on the internet, on YouTube, on reddit, on private discord everywhere you see more disapprovement then you do people having a good experience
I'm loving SBMM. My queue times as survivor are near-instantaneous (literally, press the ready button and I'm in the lobby within twenty seconds or less) during the day and at night it's the same for killers, as it's always been. My matches have largely been comfortably competitive and fun.
I can't speak for anyone else but I have zero complaints. Nothing has gotten worse for me, things have only remained as good as they were or improved. Steam version, 700 hours of play, mid-rank.
Ik a lot of people complained about it but that was one of the things I loved about dbd before sbmm and it's that every match was different I might face a baby killer nurse one game and the a god mode blight the next so I knew that not every game was gonna be easy or hard every game was simply rng and that was the beauty of it
I honestly have no idea what's happening to people who say these things. I believe you - I'm not saying that you're lying - I just don't understand why others are having such a different experience. I'm solo survivor as well, sometimes I play with 1 fellow survivor friend, and I've been floating between the copper and gold grades. My opponents have been as well, in fact many of them are ash, and only occasionally do I see an iri who usually isn't especially amazing. With a handful of exceptions everyone's been decent to good, which is where I'm comfortable saying I am also at.
and there you have the content creators and their following that are used to getting easy matches where they stomped the casuals. Those are now more often matched against more skillful people and they actually have to play the game..
in the end, you don’t See the actual big data results and statistics and it actually seems like you would ignore that either way if confronted with it and it wouldn’t match your view…
That is saying almost too much. I fear the day I start comparing the hell that is Overwatch to this game. Glad I am still fresh to this one. Because I see the signs!
I hate to say this but it might have something to do with the hours you say you have most people that post on these forums have thousands of hours while you have a mere 700
And that is why when I do play Overwatch nowadays, it's only with the six-stack Friends & Family team. And we just mess around in Quick Play Classic and Mystery Heroes.
None of them will touch DbD, and as of the past few days, I would pimp-slap them if they tried. We are waiting for Evil Dead: The Game, though. Huge horror and Evil Dead fans in this family.
No that's fine, I understand. That's why I specified my numbers: I'm sure they play a part, however much that may be. I think that a lot of the people having problems are just misconstruing the grades and their own prowess, and maybe are acting a little impatiently before giving this system time to "settle" and "bake in" each individual player's skill radius. That's just my guess, not meant to be an accusation or anything.
But yeah, I take no offense. 700 hours is actually an average of about 115 hours per month for as long as I've owned the game so I figure that's pretty decent. :P
This just wasn't a game that should have had sbmm, especially a hidden one, and at this late in the games development, many people saw it, many people said it, and many people were right, sure they can "fix" the system over time but this just isn't a working system right now
Which Evil Dead is your favorite? My family has a thing going where my mom is a fan of Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 is my favorite movie, and my sister represents that Army of Darkness life. I guess technically my cousin likes the remake? But is that truly Evil Dead? Is he truly family? I don't have all the answers.
Evil Dead 2.
And I absolutely love Ash vs Evil Dead. I think I've watched those three seasons about five or six times by now, and sometimes have it on in the background when reading in bed at night.
I didn't care about the remake. Saw it just to see it, promptly discarded it. I didn't hate it, but for me Evil Dead is Ash vs the Deadites.
It's about the same way I feel about the upcoming Evil Dead movie that takes place in a city, and again without Ash since Bruce retired from the role. Unless is it is a brand new continuity, it would have to ignore Ash vs Evil Dead all of a sudden considering the military got involved in fighting the Kandarian demon when it went all kaiju form at the end of the show. So, no way I see this stuff being a secret anymore.
Well, I would readily accept more of Kelly and Pablo, even without Ash. Those characters were nicely established as additions to the lore.
The fact that my Friends & Family group can play as Ash, Kelly, and Pablo in Evil Dead: The Game is really sweet. Goooooo Ghostbeaters!
Can confirm my Doctor MMR seems about right too, maybe slightly lower than I expected. I usually do quite well as him, but occasionally get demolished by PC and/or SWF players on Coldwind.
After about 5 games today, all were... comfortable. 2 4Ks, both very close and 3 3Ks, one of them was a hatch, all of them made me 'try' to win, but weren't ridiculously OP seal team teabag as usual.
I'll praise it for improvements to my survivor games.
Killer has only gotten worse
Maybe because they'll get ripped apart by all you guys who don't like it?
You've seen all the posts of people complaining and in most cases lots of people are there agreeing etc.. not even giving sbmm a proper chance.
I'm not afraid to sit here and say I like sbmm and I'm glad it's working as intended.
Yeah I feel like people are really over exaggerating about sbmm for the most part.
Definently not working as intended but ok
Exactly my point proven. To me it's working as intended, to you it isn't.
Let me have my opinion.
Cheers.
I said it on a different thread before MMR came out.
"I'm perfectly content to wait and be proven right."
That’s a great point of view. Sadly most people don’t see it that way, they pretty much announced that they will complain no matter what..
So far I can't really tell the difference. Until 10pm my Killer games are either okay or extremely easy, after 10pm the games feel more like a coin toss.
Read what he said again, it's the same thing, and he's literally been making threads complaining about it on a weekly basis.
90% of the threads in general are complaints. How many praise anything threads you see?
I'm generally enjoying it as a solo survivor. I still get some "w.t.f. are these teammates" teammates, but I think those are just boosted swf duos and trios I'm getting matched with. But even if we all die I feel like I'm going against more killers within my skill level so I'm at least having some really fun chases. Only had one miserable game today and I consider that an improvement.
They just need to remove it all....even ranking. So that que times are fast.