5.2.0 | The Cenobite's voice over lines have been removed due to complications with the audio files.

Changes from PTB: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/294-5-2-0-hellraiser#:~:text=Changes%20from%20PTB,the%20audio%20files.

The Cenobite's voice over lines have been removed due to complications with the audio files.

If there is an error, that is fine.

So those voice lines will get re-enabled once to complications has been fixed, Right?

Will it get restored? I sure hope so, else it would be pretty bad.

EDIT:

Is it because you don't have any support for changing Power Voice Lines for Cosmetics? Since Pinhead comes with Chatterer and Chatterer dont speak. Is it because you could not find a way to disable the speech in time?

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • Well, it's listed under "Changes from the PTB" and not "Known Issues" so it very well could be permanent. "Complications" could refer to legal issues rather than technical ones.

  • We cannot comment further on this I'm afraid.

  • @KolbyKolbyKolby said:

    Well, it's listed under "Changes from the PTB" and not "Known Issues" so it very well could be permanent. "Complications" could refer to legal issues rather than technical ones.

    That's what i think

  • Oof, we just got a hit with a "maybe".

  • @Mandy said:

    We cannot comment further on this I'm afraid.

    It's not looking good, boys

  • I just wanted Pinhead to came

  • @Mandy said:

    We cannot comment further on this I'm afraid.

    Oooh Nooo...

  • He's not gonna come, sad

  • Pinhead F tier, unplayable killer.

  • He came and he left.

  • He really came then ghosted everyone

  • @Mandy said:

    We cannot comment further on this I'm afraid.

    Can't have ######### in Detroit.

  • The word "came" will soon be added to the in-game chat filter and replaced with BAD WORD on the forums.

  • @KolbyKolbyKolby said:

    Well, it's listed under "Changes from the PTB" and not "Known Issues" so it very well could be permanent. "Complications" could refer to legal issues rather than technical ones.

    Sadly that and the fact that mods aren't allowed to even say if it's temporary kinda proves it is a legal issue.

    Man the world nowdays has become so bad law-wise just because of how vile people have been throughout history...

  • That's disappointing.

  • @Clowning said:

    He came and he left.

    Please come again

  • He just went to get a pack of smokes at the gas station. I'm sure of it.

  • so pinhead can’t come anymore? He will never come over? I’m sad now

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477531#Comment_2477531

    Sadly that and the fact that mods aren't allowed to even say if it's temporary kinda proves it is a legal issue.

    Man the world nowdays has become so bad law-wise just because of how vile people have been throughout history...

    That or a "sweeping it under the carpet" issue. People complained about the voice lines. Now they are gone.

  • @Mandy said:

    We cannot comment further on this I'm afraid.

    Well, that sucks. Pinhead doesn't really have anything going for him otherwise.

  • I don't... know how it would be a bit more difficult. I mean, doesn't some Legendary outfits actually change their voice?

    Also... what about Legion? Who actively changes voices with each costume change. Sure. It swaps between the two since they're shared, but the brand new outfit that came out like a week ago for Legion actually changes his voice completely.

    So I personally don't think that's the issue is because of Chatterer

  • Maybe the licence holders didn't appreciate the community's sense of humour

  • Please just don't let this be because a bunch of immature people kept laughing at the line. Those who are familiar with Hellraiser understand the significance and how cool the line actually is.

  • Good... the voice actor didn't do a very good job and the I CAME part probably upset people that own the character. I would be upset too. Pinhead saying those specific words "I CAME" never happens in lore... The correct line is "WE CAME" assuming there are multiple Cenobites. So if it is just Pinhead don't create new phrases that he has never spoken before. Thanks. Glad it is gone. Now we just need the basement colors to be blue when Pinhead is the killer. :)

  • I hope it's not due to memery of the "I CAME!" line.


    The line from the first Hellraiser movie was "The box, you opened it, we came!" so it's not like it was extreme creative liberties taken with the line.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    Good... the voice actor didn't do a very good job and the I CAME part probably upset people that own the character. I would be upset too. Pinhead saying those specific words "I CAME" never happens in lore... The correct line is "WE CAME" assuming there are multiple Cenobites. So if it is just Pinhead don't create new phrases that he has never spoken before. Thanks. Glad it is gone. Now we just need the basement colors to be blue when Pinhead is the killer. :)

    Are you the same person who complained that saying "I came" instead of "We came" is an insult to the lore?

  • If this really is down to the dumb meme then that is ######### hilariously petty.

  • @Emeal said:

    Changes from PTB: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/294-5-2-0-hellraiser#:~:text=Changes%20from%20PTB,the%20audio%20files.

    The Cenobite's voice over lines have been removed due to complications with the audio files.

    If there is an error, that is fine.

    So those voice lines will get re-enabled once to complications has been fixed, Right?

    Will it get restored? I sure hope so, else it would be pretty bad.

    EDIT:

    Is it because you don't have any support for changing Power Voice Lines for Cosmetics? Since Pinhead comes with Chatterer and Chatterer dont speak. Is it because you could not find a way to disable the speech in time?

    Entire game is a damn mess, how do they release a chapter time and time again and strip it down from it's original pull that bring people to like it. This is really ######### old at this point.

  • That's definitely disappointing, and it serves as a bit of false advertising. If bhvr didn't have the legal rights to the voice over lines, then what we saw displayed in the ptb should never have existed.

  • @Mandy said:

    We cannot comment further on this I'm afraid.

    Another stripped down ass chapter that's licensed

  • @Emeal said:

    Changes from PTB: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/294-5-2-0-hellraiser#:~:text=Changes%20from%20PTB,the%20audio%20files.

    The Cenobite's voice over lines have been removed due to complications with the audio files.

    If there is an error, that is fine.

    So those voice lines will get re-enabled once to complications has been fixed, Right?

    Will it get restored? I sure hope so, else it would be pretty bad.

    EDIT:

    Is it because you don't have any support for changing Power Voice Lines for Cosmetics? Since Pinhead comes with Chatterer and Chatterer dont speak. Is it because you could not find a way to disable the speech in time?

    @Mandy said:

    We cannot comment further on this I'm afraid.

    License holders didn't like the joke. It's gone.

  • "The community memed the license so hard the owners were embarrassed and regret almost doing the partnership in the first place"

    Sorry Clive.

  • @lauraa said:

    "The community memed the license so hard the owners were embarrassed and regret almost doing the partnership in the first place"

    Sorry Clive.

    It's hard not to be angry when the small details were part of the reason we buy the chapter.

  • This really kills my vibes, cuh. I wanted him to come.

  • @Mandy said:

    We cannot comment further on this I'm afraid.

    Can you at least clarify if the audio is coming back or not? We can understand the reasons maybe you can't talk about why, but just if it is coming back at all? In the patch notes it is implied that it is a technical issue, not necessarily an issue that would prevent them from ever coming back. People could still theoretically be buying the DLC without knowing that the sounds are never coming back.


    Just a simple: "They aren't coming back, they are coming back, or I don't know and will follow up when i do know" would suffice.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477539#Comment_2477539

    Can you at least clarify if the audio is coming back or not? We can understand the reasons maybe you can't talk about why, but just if it is coming back at all? In the patch notes it is implied that it is a technical issue, not necessarily an issue that would prevent them from ever coming back. People could still theoretically be buying the DLC without knowing that the sounds are never coming back.

    Just a simple: "They aren't coming back, they are coming back, or I don't know and will follow up when i do know" would suffice.

    It wasn't in the know issues section so I wouldn't count on it coming back.

  • I can live without the "I CAME!" line given the immaturity of some people but why remove the "I shall tear your soul apart!" line from his mori? That added so much more impact to it!

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2478160#Comment_2478160

    Are you the same person who complained that saying "I came" instead of "We came" is an insult to the lore?

    Apparently the license holders agree. Idc what anyone says.. My gut says they saw the stupid memes and told them to get the voice out of the game. xD

  • @ZenithZX said:

    I can live without the "I CAME!" line given the immaturity of some people but why remove the "I will tear your soul apart!" line from his mori? That added so much more impact to it!

    The mori line was removed too? That's super disappointing.

  • Apparently the actual license holders don't like memes of their character either. Good riddance. xD

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    Good... the voice actor didn't do a very good job and the I CAME part probably upset people that own the character. I would be upset too. Pinhead saying those specific words "I CAME" never happens in lore... The correct line is "WE CAME" assuming there are multiple Cenobites. So if it is just Pinhead don't create new phrases that he has never spoken before. Thanks. Glad it is gone. Now we just need the basement colors to be blue when Pinhead is the killer. :)

    Yes because We came makes sense when it's just him.

  • Should have just cut out the "I came" part and leave "The box, you opened it!".

    Too late I guess.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2478402#Comment_2478402

    Apparently the license holders agree. Idc what anyone says.. My gut says they saw the stupid memes and told them to get the voice out of the game. xD

    you know the only reason hellraiser isn't meme'd to hell and back is because no one knows about it right?

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    Apparently the actual license holders don't like memes of their character either. Good riddance. xD

    Good riddance

    I'll be sure to say the same thing when you get tunnelled by a Pinhead.

  • What a disappointment. A Killer that actually spoke sentences and in english, now doesn't at all. There goes a fun feature that only this killer had.

  • Why are you so sure it's about the stupid meme? Things like this are actually good for selling stuff sometimes. Maybe it's just a license issue. If they had the license for the voice i'm pretty sure the owners can't stop it because of this meme. Maybe because it's not the original "we came" line but they also deleted any other voice so it's 100% not because of the meme.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    Please just don't let this be because a bunch of immature people kept laughing at the line. Those who are familiar with Hellraiser understand the significance and how cool the line actually is.

    I wouldn't call it immature. People find different thing funny. I don't really think that removing the voice line is a big deal. I'm not really a fan of the movies, though.

‹ 1 2 3