5.2.0 | The Cenobite's voice over lines have been removed due to complications with the audio files.

Changes from PTB: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/294-5-2-0-hellraiser#:~:text=Changes%20from%20PTB,the%20audio%20files.

The Cenobite's voice over lines have been removed due to complications with the audio files.

If there is an error, that is fine.

So those voice lines will get re-enabled once to complications has been fixed, Right?

Will it get restored? I sure hope so, else it would be pretty bad.

EDIT:

Is it because you don't have any support for changing Power Voice Lines for Cosmetics? Since Pinhead comes with Chatterer and Chatterer dont speak. Is it because you could not find a way to disable the speech in time?

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Cerebral_Harlot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2481120#Comment_2481120

    And all we needed to do was extrapolate from the semi-silence of a prominent mod on a fourm website to divine the meaning of issues with game files really means.

    Most often then not, total silence from the devs regarding a popular topic or issue usually means it is a legal complication.

    Regardless though, I would not at all be surprised if we never get the sounds back. All a mod has to say, is yes this is temporary and I'll take back all I said. Until then, I'm not convinced this is just a bug.

  • From what I understand, Clive Barker won a court case that got him all rights to the franchise back last year. However because legal crap, they don't transfer fully until December of this year. He owns the rights to the Pinhead character and to the book series, but as for the US film franchise, he doesn't quite own all of that (outside of maybe the first 2 I imagine). It could be anything really; from the old rights owners being petty and giving one last screw you to Barker on a technicality or Barker himself (who wants to reboot the franchise and hated the crap that came after 3) maybe having his own plans for the series as a whole. I'm getting real F13 vibes here to be honest.

    We can only speculate and we'll probably never know which is beyond frustrating. I highly doubt its the memes.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2480389#Comment_2480389

    Going to completely refute this one due to the wording you used! Patch Notes were out at 10.30am EST, the Chapter came out at 12pm EST - so there was plenty of time to make yourself aware of the the removal of the voice lines. So please choose your words carefully and do not make accusations of theft or fraud again.

    Yeah, the patch notes were out prior but a lot of people don't read those. I understand BHVR is totally legally protected by that and it's not a total bait & switch situation but it is extremely disappointing & frustrating.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482253#Comment_2482253

    Most often then not, total silence from the devs regarding a popular topic or issue usually means it is a legal complication.

    Regardless though, I would not at all be surprised if we never get the sounds back. All a mod has to say, is yes this is temporary and I'll take back all I said. Until then, I'm not convinced this is just a bug.

    But do Mods actually have access to information like that? I assumed Mods are just volunteers to keep the forum safe and tidy?

    Their response "can't comment further" could mean they don't know themselves and can only go by what BHVR wrote on the patch notes.

  • @Mouth0fMadness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2480411#Comment_2480411

    Yeah, the patch notes were out prior but a lot of people don't read those. I understand BHVR is totally legally protected by that and it's not a total bait & switch situation but it is extremely disappointing & frustrating.

    Yup, it's not actually fraud, but it's as close as you can get without technically crossing the line.

  • right... "complications"... I believe you!

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2478160#Comment_2478160

    Are you the same person who complained that saying "I came" instead of "We came" is an insult to the lore?

    he is and i blame him entirely for this

  • @Toybasher said:

    I hope it's not due to memery of the "I CAME!" line.

    The line from the first Hellraiser movie was "The box, you opened it, we came!" so it's not like it was extreme creative liberties taken with the line.

    I'll guarantee that's why it's gone , I get it was funny but it was also really immature for people to immediately bandwagon it and flood every social media account with memes , if I'm the rights owner and I see it being sexually inappropriate and made into a laughing stock I'd make it get taken out also I don't blame them even though I would've liked it to stay in game .

  • @MorbidCuriosity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482330#Comment_2482330

    But do Mods actually have access to information like that? I assumed Mods are just volunteers to keep the forum safe and tidy?

    Their response "can't comment further" could mean they don't know themselves and can only go by what BHVR wrote on the patch notes.

    Most of the time, when Mandy doesn't know the answer to a question she'll say that she'll go find out and then comes back with the answer (I've seen her do that multiple times). A straight up no comment from her is out of the ordinary.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2480389#Comment_2480389

    Going to completely refute this one due to the wording you used! Patch Notes were out at 10.30am EST, the Chapter came out at 12pm EST - so there was plenty of time to make yourself aware of the the removal of the voice lines. So please choose your words carefully and do not make accusations of theft or fraud again.

    This is the kind of poor communication standards that the community complains about all the time, much like how the information about the DLC versus in-game shop purchase was presented to which I hit a personal pitfall and BVHR made an extra $5 off of me.

    I'm sorry, but the information being dropped merely an hour before the DLC is not okay and you can defend that what happened is legal, but it's still scummy and we deserve to be better informed. Instead, we're hyped up on Twitter for weeks and have pre-conceived notions based upon the PTB only to have critical information about purchases and fundamental changes to the DLC being slipped into the Notes on Patch Day for review only an hour before release.

    Instead of coming forward and being straight with us about what is going on, BVHR has chosen to double-down on poor communication once again and use ambiguous language while not allowing their staff to comment what-so-ever on the matter. Actions speak louder than words and a little transparency goes a long way.

    I love this game, but I'm not loving how we're being treated.

    I want the lines back and I think the idea that they could have been removed due to "I Came" memes is laughable given perks such as "Hex: Plaything" and quotes from Pinhead including "Taste our pleasure" and that Pinhead is known for "indulging in the limitless thrill of pleasure and pain." The content within the Hellraiser novel and series includes sexually graphic content and a lot of gore and I seriously doubt this is a license issue due to that specific reason.

    Either way, we shouldn't need to speculate. This is clearly a large issue among the DBD community and BVHR should address it promptly.

  • @Xanaecor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2480411#Comment_2480411

    This is the kind of poor communication standards that the community complains about all the time, much like how the information about the DLC versus in-game shop purchase was presented to which I hit a personal pitfall and BVHR made an extra $5 off of me.

    I'm sorry, but the information being dropped merely an hour before the DLC is not okay and you can defend that what happened is legal, but it's still scummy and we deserve to be better informed. Instead, we're hyped up on Twitter for weeks and have pre-conceived notions based upon the PTB only to have critical information about purchases and fundamental changes to the DLC being slipped into the Notes on Patch Day for review only an hour before release.

    Instead of coming forward and being straight with us about what is going on, BVHR has chosen to double-down on poor communication once again and use ambiguous language while not allowing their staff to comment what-so-ever on the matter. Actions speak louder than words and a little transparency goes a long way.

    I love this game, but I'm not loving how we're being treated.

    I want the lines back and I think the idea that they could have been removed due to "I Came" memes is laughable given perks such as "Hex: Plaything" and quotes from Pinhead including "Taste our pleasure" and that Pinhead is known for "indulging in the limitless thrill of pleasure and pain." The content within the Hellraiser novel and series includes sexually graphic content and a lot of gore and I seriously doubt this is a license issue due to that specific reason.

    Either way, we shouldn't need to speculate. This is clearly a large issue among the DBD community and BVHR should address it promptly.

    I don't think the developers of this game realize how their treatment of the community just makes it fester and grow into something worse. Think they'll ever catch on?

  • @Cerebral_Harlot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2481075#Comment_2481075

    They said complications _with the audio files. Suggesting that the issue was in-game rather than out of studio.

    It's corporate lingo

  • It's not meant to be. It's a smokescreen non-answer.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    This is what happens when you take something and change phrases around so the character speaks out of context. If they had just left the line as "You opened the box.???!!!".......none of this would be happening... I guarantee you the "I CAME" part upset the license holder for the simple reason of easily being taken out of context and for the even more obvious reason... PINHEAD NEVER SPEAKS THOSE EXACT WORDS EVER....IN ANY MOVIE... This is why people can't have nice things. When someone gives you permission to borrow their guitar...of course you are going to just play it right? Not use it to squish a [BAD WORD] spider... Taking liberties with stuff that doesn't even belong to you is beyond stupid... I'm sure at this point, they learned their lesson.

    That doesn't make sense.

    Clive Barker wanted to bring a character that would bring both pain and pleasure of sexual variety. The first two movies explain this, but if you really want the best example of this, then look no further than the Hellbound Heart. That book puts more detail into the pleasures of the labyrinth as much as the torture, the movies focus more on the torture to make him appear more as a villain, but the book shows more to the character. He's kinda of a perv...

    I don't know how some people don't know that, maybe the movies after one and two have done this, but yeah. It makes sense for the character, but if you want a specific scene where he says something rather close than look no further than the first movie.

    When Kristy Cotton opened the box in the hospital the first lines spoken by Pinhead to her was "The Box. You opened it, We came."

    Plus it wasn't even supposed to be dirty, they chose that as a reference to the first movie

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2480389#Comment_2480389

    Going to completely refute this one due to the wording you used! Patch Notes were out at 10.30am EST, the Chapter came out at 12pm EST - so there was plenty of time to make yourself aware of the the removal of the voice lines. So please choose your words carefully and do not make accusations of theft or fraud again.

    The way it is worded though implies it is a technical issue, not necessarily that they are never coming back. Come on, you know this. This game is constantly getting silly bugs with each release. As far as we knew, you discovered some bug with the voice lines and removed them for the time being. If there is some other issue why they are gone, it should have stated that they have permanently been removed, or that they are unlikely to return.

  • Can we pin this thread to the front page. I like keeping up with it. I am sure a lot of players feel robbed that there was so much advertisement around his voice lines just for that to be ripped away upon release without fore-warning.

  • The new bug fix patch doesn't seem to mention anything about the voice lines: https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1437785732333117456?s=19


    I posted a response petitioning for transparency concerning this issue: https://twitter.com/Xanaecor/status/1437799591475400710?s=19


    How long is BHVR going to let this drag on for? Its starting to feel like they are hoping we stop talking about it so the issue can silently fall by the wayside without being addressed. And if that's not the case, then it's their own fault for allowing us to feel that way.


    And yes, this thread should definitely be pinned to organize conversation into less threads.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2481834#Comment_2481834

    That doesn't make sense.

    Clive Barker wanted to bring a character that would bring both pain and pleasure of sexual variety. The first two movies explain this, but if you really want the best example of this, then look no further than the Hellbound Heart. That book puts more detail into the pleasures of the labyrinth as much as the torture, the movies focus more on the torture to make him appear more as a villain, but the book shows more to the character. He's kinda of a perv...

    I don't know how some people don't know that, maybe the movies after one and two have done this, but yeah. It makes sense for the character, but if you want a specific scene where he says something rather close than look no further than the first movie.

    When Kristy Cotton opened the box in the hospital the first lines spoken by Pinhead to her was "The Box. You opened it, We came."

    Plus it wasn't even supposed to be dirty, they chose that as a reference to the first movie

    Makes perfect sense. Pinhead never speaks THOSE EXACT WORDS. Not counting any variations of the same sentence. If he never speaks the exact phrase. Meaning EVERY WORD in that EXACT ORDER, then it shouldn't be there. And now it isn't. Everyone just needs to get over the voice thing. It is NOT coming back so deal with it.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488387#Comment_2488387

    Makes perfect sense. Pinhead never speaks THOSE EXACT WORDS. Not counting any variations of the same sentence. If he never speaks the exact phrase. Meaning EVERY WORD in that EXACT ORDER, then it shouldn't be there. And now it isn't. Everyone just needs to get over the voice thing. It is NOT coming back so deal with it.

    I feel your point of view is a bit pedantic, although I do respect it. However, please don't be disrespectful to us by summarily dismissing how we feel and then telling us it's not coming back as if you're some sort of authority - you're not and you need to check yourself.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488387#Comment_2488387

    Makes perfect sense. Pinhead never speaks THOSE EXACT WORDS. Not counting any variations of the same sentence. If he never speaks the exact phrase. Meaning EVERY WORD in that EXACT ORDER, then it shouldn't be there. And now it isn't. Everyone just needs to get over the voice thing. It is NOT coming back so deal with it.

    Then BHVR should say it's gone permanently. Until they do, people will be right to keep talking about it.

  • @Xanaecor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2480411#Comment_2480411

    This is the kind of poor communication standards that the community complains about all the time, much like how the information about the DLC versus in-game shop purchase was presented to which I hit a personal pitfall and BVHR made an extra $5 off of me.

    I'm sorry, but the information being dropped merely an hour before the DLC is not okay and you can defend that what happened is legal, but it's still scummy and we deserve to be better informed. Instead, we're hyped up on Twitter for weeks and have pre-conceived notions based upon the PTB only to have critical information about purchases and fundamental changes to the DLC being slipped into the Notes on Patch Day for review only an hour before release.

    Instead of coming forward and being straight with us about what is going on, BVHR has chosen to double-down on poor communication once again and use ambiguous language while not allowing their staff to comment what-so-ever on the matter. Actions speak louder than words and a little transparency goes a long way.

    I love this game, but I'm not loving how we're being treated.

    I want the lines back and I think the idea that they could have been removed due to "I Came" memes is laughable given perks such as "Hex: Plaything" and quotes from Pinhead including "Taste our pleasure" and that Pinhead is known for "indulging in the limitless thrill of pleasure and pain." The content within the Hellraiser novel and series includes sexually graphic content and a lot of gore and I seriously doubt this is a license issue due to that specific reason.

    Either way, we shouldn't need to speculate. This is clearly a large issue among the DBD community and BVHR should address it promptly.

    This this this! @MandyTalk I know it's not up to you, but please at least show this to the appropriate people.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488387#Comment_2488387

    Makes perfect sense. Pinhead never speaks THOSE EXACT WORDS. Not counting any variations of the same sentence. If he never speaks the exact phrase. Meaning EVERY WORD in that EXACT ORDER, then it shouldn't be there. And now it isn't. Everyone just needs to get over the voice thing. It is NOT coming back so deal with it.

    Screenshot_20210914-152558_Chrome.jpg

    That quote right there. That's the original in Hellraiser the first movie.

    He says this in dbd.

    "The box.. you opened it.. and I came"

    See the comparison?

    It's just a nod to the original suspenseful quote to the first Hellraiser movie which by the way, Pinhead in dbd is inspired off of.

    Now if he did control other Cenobites in dbd, then guess what, he would have.

    But it's just him.

    Now stop being a troll.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488387#Comment_2488387

    Makes perfect sense. Pinhead never speaks THOSE EXACT WORDS. Not counting any variations of the same sentence. If he never speaks the exact phrase. Meaning EVERY WORD in that EXACT ORDER, then it shouldn't be there. And now it isn't. Everyone just needs to get over the voice thing. It is NOT coming back so deal with it.

    By-the-by, you're at 69 posts, so if you want to stay true to the complex reference you're making with your name, you'll have to never make another post with this account; I'm sure this is a tremendous sacrifice for you, but we'll be sure to remember you or something.



    Also, tbh I thought that it was a voice actor thing, like the ORIGINAL PRIEST OF HELL was disappointed that they had this upstart do the lines so now they were in a complex legal situation or somesuch nonsense.

    Unlikely, but one can hope.

  • Yup, it could be a voice actor thing as well. But for now, I guess BHVR just wants to encourage wild speculation.

  • It's very disappointing to not have the lines. For me it was definitely one of his highlights.

    I really do wish we would be told that they're never coming back if they know it to be true, or even share some basic details of why they disappeared.

  • I want my lines back. It is so sad to anncoune my arrival myself every time.

    And I will not deal with it. If those were not his exact lines, then get me the right lines. Or you could add other lines from him like "It is not hands that summon us. it is desire!" to fill it out.

  • Was really hoping this would have gotten a response from the devs by now. Should we just assume this is the new norm? I wonder what the next thing to get removed is going to be. My money's on Pig's Jigsaw boxes, that killer hasn't been screwed over in a while.

  • @BuddhaBing said:

    Was really hoping this would have gotten a response from the devs by now. Should we just assume this is the new norm? I wonder what the next thing to get removed is going to be. My money's on Pig's Jigsaw boxes, that killer hasn't been screwed over in a while.

    This all depends on when they figure out what they can do, so they dont break a promise or something.

    We need to Chillax.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2502934#Comment_2502934

    This all depends on when they figure out what they can do, so they dont break a promise or something.

    We need to Chillax.

    They haven't even said what the situation is yet. Until they say they are working on something (or say the voicelines are gone forever), I'm going to assume they're hoping people just stop talking about it.

  • Closed as OP asked.

1 2 3 ›