Otzdarva noed experiment

Heeyyy

here is my take on his expreriment on otzdarva’s noed experiment

first point literally every game survivors are overtly altruistic on a camping killer

2 point otz said noed is not earned and this pisses me off a bit

why should a killer perk be earned its the dumbest argument in a long time why let me explain

its another way of saying camping with noed should not be allowed and why would a perk need to be earned

i dont see him saying survivor perks should be earned

i could go on but its sad to see these streamers demonize noed users who camp ive faced many noed campers if im npt on the hook geuss what im soing im leaving

also note before people start spazzin dumb ######### i dont hate otz and think he is a great entertainer

Comments

  • @Laurie268 said:

    Nothing more fun and balanced than getting hit by noed and dying on first hook after looping a red rank wraith for 4 gens on midwich. Anyone who thinks noed is balanced thinks keys are balanced too so nothing should get changed about them.

    kinda weird how you assume you won the match because you looped someone for 4 gens.


    match isn't over yet.


    Also it's a survival elimination game if your friends can't save you from the hook then technically you're dead on first hook. that's how survival elimination works.


    In fact I'm going to double down and question why is it fun and balanced for a single survivor to loop a killer for 4 gens? killers are designed to get you, eventually.

  • @ExcelSword said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450417#Comment_2450417

    While Almo does get some flack for his opinions on game balance, I do understand his reasoning. Playing with 3 perks and choosing to plan for the endgame is a strategy, and some defensive killers like Trapper never play for early wins most of the time.

    NOED though probably does give too much reward though, since camping a survivor too death doesn't really feel like working for it. Most new endgame perks require you to be active in the trial, which seems to be how the devs are hoping to design such perks going forward.

    Locking it behind all 4 survivors must be hooked once is terrible because swf will just hide the last survivor using coms and lockers.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450459#Comment_2450459

    Locking it behind all 4 survivors must be hooked once is terrible because swf will just hide the last survivor using coms and lockers.

    right like it's literally only an exposed effect, everyone would just use rancor instead then

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450467#Comment_2450467

    you only need 1 survivor out of 4 to have small game

    so it's not going to ever be apart of the "perk tax"

    And if you're not that one survivor with SG, how can you tell if the totem you see before you is the second or the fifth?

  • I find it interesting that people completely ignore every other perk/item/add-on (on both sides) that require a time sink or gameplay style change in order to counter.

    It would literally take an hour+ to list them all and explain how the above applies to them all.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450576#Comment_2450576

    And if you're not that one survivor with SG, how can you tell if the totem you see before you is the second or the fifth?

    comms


    please don't pretend comms don't exist.

  • alternatively if NOED is a problem just open the exit gate and leave.


    I don't know why people choose to 99 the gate and stay while looking for that totem.



    do you really need to dunk on the killer that bad?

  • Please don't pretend solo play doesn't exist.

    Or do you also want to mandate that survivors can only play in an on-comms 4-man swiffer? Because something tells me that you'll be back here whinging your head off in two seconds flat if survivors actually did that.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450628#Comment_2450628

    Please don't pretend solo play doesn't exist.

    Or do you also want to mandate that survivors can only play in an on-comms 4-man swiffer? Because something tells me that you'll be back here whinging your head off in two seconds flat if survivors actually did that.

    only rank 20s play solo


    comms are a crutch and pretty much any survivor is now with a buddy

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450692#Comment_2450692

    only rank 20s play solo

    comms are a crutch and pretty much any survivor is now with a buddy

    I play 2 man SWF and still there are 2 factors (aka the other Survivors) we cannot really judge. Like, my friend was hooked, I was full Map away. Solo Survivor A was getting chased (just got injured), and Solo Survivor B was on a Gen quite close to my friend. So my friend told me that someone is close, I do my Gen. In the end, this other person did not bother to get up and I was forced to run full Map, my friend still went into second stage.

    So dont think that only because someone play with "a buddy" that the whole team is coordinated. I get the information that someone is next to my friend, so I will stay on my Gen, but if that person does not bother to unhook (no Ruin in place what would have explained it..), it does not matter at all that we were on Comms. (I would have not moved if I would have played Solo, because I was too far away and when I do a Gen, I at least know that SOMEONE is doing Gens...)

    You cannot just say "1 Small Game" is enough. Even if this person is saying that they have Small Game in the Pregame Lobby, there is no guarantee that they actually cleansed 5 Totems.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450459#Comment_2450459

    Locking it behind all 4 survivors must be hooked once is terrible because swf will just hide the last survivor using coms and lockers.

    I never said anything about requiring 4 survivors being hooked once, did you reply to the wrong comment?

    I think just immediately revealing NOED is active when the last gen pops would be a good small nerf.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450692#Comment_2450692

    only rank 20s play solo

    comms are a crutch and pretty much any survivor is now with a buddy

    Man, you really are the killer version of whatshisface. I forgot his name, the one with the Laurie Strode forum pic who always posts outrageously survivor biased bait.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450698#Comment_2450698

    Man, you really are the killer version of whatshisface. I forgot his name, the one with the Laurie Strode forum pic who always posts outrageously survivor biased bait.

    except I'm not wrong about this


    NOED is fine it almost never activates for me and i"m playing essentially 3 perks

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450484#Comment_2450484

    kinda weird how you assume you won the match because you looped someone for 4 gens.

    match isn't over yet.

    Also it's a survival elimination game if your friends can't save you from the hook then technically you're dead on first hook. that's how survival elimination works.

    In fact I'm going to double down and question why is it fun and balanced for a single survivor to loop a killer for 4 gens? killers are designed to get you, eventually.

    I outplayed the wraith at an unsafe pallet by predicting everything he did and other fakes. He screwed up by chasing me for too long. All noed does is undo your mistakes when all gens are done, I was playing solo there is 0% chance randoms will find noed on midwich.

  • @Laurie268 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450577#Comment_2450577

    I outplayed the wraith at an unsafe pallet by predicting everything he did and other fakes. He screwed up by chasing me for too long. All noed does is undo your mistakes when all gens are done, I was playing solo there is 0% chance randoms will find noed on midwich.

    All adrenaline does is undo your mistakes


    All dead hard does is undo your mistakes


    Kinda weird how survivors can have uncounterable second chance perks stacked between 4 survivors but killers aren't allowed to have 1 that's also countered by doing bones.

  • Seems unfair to nerf NOED when adrenaline exists.

  • I do totems because it's 1000-1500 BP and points into the objective category. If you have been keeping the killer busy (not working much gens) totems are a great way to get some objective points.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449103#Comment_2449103

    The problem is he has massive sway with the devs. They were even watching his stream during the ptb.

    Name a single survivor meta perk that is "earned" NOTHING a survivor does is "earned". But killers must go through multiple hoops to get a perk to proc once with a 20 minute cooldown after.

    Do bones of GTFO when the gens are done. Survivors hate it so much because they want to make a "sick" hook rush bt body block play out the exit for the youtube montage.

    I guarantee if NOED became meta then survivors would equip one of the multiple totem perks or a map and it wouldn't be an issue. Even as it is it isn't a problem for SWF. How many times did they cleanse all 5 totems during their hardcore survivor challenge?

    Deliverance, there are others but you asked for just one so there you have it

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449624#Comment_2449624

    Breaking totems isn't a hole, but NOED very much is, due to the way it works. If you clear 4/5 totems, you can easily end up worse off than if you did none. And even 5/5 can make NOED stronger.

    And no, survivors don't have 'all the tools', since they still don't have a totem counter.

    Uh, Small Game has a totem counter. So what's your next excuse? Detective's Hunch, Counterforce, and/or a map will show you the location of more totems so you never get stuck trying to find the last one.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450204#Comment_2450204

    Uh, Small Game has a totem counter. So what's your next excuse? Detective's Hunch, Counterforce, and/or a map will show you the location of more totems so you never get stuck trying to find the last one.

    Read through the rest of that conversation. Small Game getting the totem counter adds to the 'perk tax' problem.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450753#Comment_2450753

    All adrenaline does is undo your mistakes

    All dead hard does is undo your mistakes

    Kinda weird how survivors can have uncounterable second chance perks stacked between 4 survivors but killers aren't allowed to have 1 that's also countered by doing bones.

    I see Adrenaline mentioned a lot when NOED is talked about and I don't get it. You actually have to do all gens, then you get rewarded. You could just stand still all game as killer and if the survivors didn't find all totems you'll get hit with NOED. It is a terrible designed perk and needs a change. You literally don't have to do a thing for it to activate, lol.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450758#Comment_2450758

    I see Adrenaline mentioned a lot when NOED is talked about and I don't get it. You actually have to do all gens, then you get rewarded. You could just stand still all game as killer and if the survivors didn't find all totems you'll get hit with NOED. It is a terrible designed perk and needs a change. You literally don't have to do a thing for it to activate, lol.

    With adrenaline you actually have to do all gens then you get rewarded.


    And again NOED doesn't activate when all the bones are done.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450857#Comment_2450857

    With adrenaline you actually have to do all gens then you get rewarded.

    And again NOED doesn't activate when all the bones are done.

    That's easier said than done. Especially solo and certain maps. What if you have a camping killer? You have to rush gens.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450862#Comment_2450862

    That's easier said than done. Especially solo and certain maps. What if you have a camping killer? You have to rush gens.

    Do bones while the killer is camping.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    I would never knew how much people die to Noed if I wasnt on this forum.

    I play solo surv most of the times and I see Noed less often than Hillbilly.

    When I play survivor I see it maybe every 8-10 matches so not very often. I maybe play 5-10 matches a day tho so if I happen to get hit with Noed it doesn't bother me. Can't remember the last time that happened tho (yay detective's huntch) ^^

    I am sure people here play a lot more then me tho so they see noed more often ^^" I also think a huge chunk of the community underestimates the totem perks. They rather run the meta and be salty they got hit with noed then actually prepare for it. Hence all the nerf noed posts.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450857#Comment_2450857

    With adrenaline you actually have to do all gens then you get rewarded.

    And again NOED doesn't activate when all the bones are done.

    When the Survivors fail to do all generators, nobody has anything from Adrenaline. However, when all Totems are removed, the Killer has value out of NOED, even if it did not activate, because the Survivors spend time to cleanse Totems.

    Even if the Killer is not running NOED; the Survivors might waste time doing Dull Totems for a Perk the Killer might not even have.

    Let alone, most of my Adrenalines are not really impactful, because I am fully healed and not in a Chase when all Gens get done.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450862#Comment_2450862

    When the Survivors fail to do all generators, nobody has anything from Adrenaline. However, when all Totems are removed, the Killer has value out of NOED, even if it did not activate, because the Survivors spend time to cleanse Totems.

    Even if the Killer is not running NOED; the Survivors might waste time doing Dull Totems for a Perk the Killer might not even have.

    Let alone, most of my Adrenalines are not really impactful, because I am fully healed and not in a Chase when all Gens get done.

    survivors get adrenaline when hatch is closed.


    also most of my NOED games are not really impactful. Either all survivors die before NOED activates or all gens are done but all the bones are cleansed.

  • Maybe otz thinks noed kills are undeserving because...they are.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450887#Comment_2450887

    survivors get adrenaline when hatch is closed.

    also most of my NOED games are not really impactful. Either all survivors die before NOED activates or all gens are done but all the bones are cleansed.

    I highly doubt that you manage to kill all Survivors before the Endgame OR all Totems are cleansed. Both combined are pretty unlikely.

    But what does it matter that the Survivor gets Adrenaline when the Hatch is closed? They almost never survive at this point anyway.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450889#Comment_2450889

    I highly doubt that you manage to kill all Survivors before the Endgame OR all Totems are cleansed. Both combined are pretty unlikely.

    But what does it matter that the Survivor gets Adrenaline when the Hatch is closed? They almost never survive at this point anyway.

    I kill survivors before all gens are done all the time. It's very likely.

  • Dead Hard and all the second chance perks that survivors have access to are undeserved too.

  • Curious as to what the consensus is regarding killers that 'play fair' all game only to get 'outplayed' by endgame DS / BT.

    Both of these perks require significant time investments to play around in a trial, only to reach maximum efficacy endgame if you actually choose to do so.

    NOED/DS/UB/BT/etc are not even the hardest perks to play around/counter that also involve time sinks and/or gameplay style changes.

    There are a variety of perks on both sides that are harder to counter and way more impactful on the game.

    Complaining about the RNG nature of totems is fairly moot in 2021 with all of the counters available - you're also not doing someone that actually brings Small Game any favors by not cleansing any totems you find, as the perk gets better as totems are removed.

    I play mostly solo and use Detective's Hunch on 1 of my 3 preferred characters - I don't remember the last game I had wherein NOED popped and I thought to myself, "That was impossible to prevent/is impossible to counter." I guess it could be an issue if the totem is next to a hook, but, such an obvious totem should be cleansed ASAP - Leaving it up is just enabling such a play.

  • If you dont want killers using noed, just leave when the match is over. People standing around teabagging at endgame when theyve won makes me want to use noed

  • @Maliken said:

    Dead Hard and all the second chance perks that survivors have access to are undeserved too.

    The thing is that without those 2nd chance perks, all killers would tunnel the first person they down and get a easy win. People use 2nd chance perks because of the way most killers play, no one wants to get tunnelled out of the match in 2 mins with 3k bp.

  • @Bumbus said:

    Earned or not, NOED is kinda overpowered. One way to nerf it is to make a requirement for it to work.

    I think the healthiest way to do it would be to make it work only on survivors you hooked during the match.

    The requirement for it to work is you have to damn near lose the match.....All 5 gens done means someone is about to escape. Thats more than enough of a requirement for an expose....hell I'd even say thats too high of a requirement because theres other ways to consistently get expose on survivors that doesn't require you to practically lose the game...

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449113#Comment_2449113

    The requirement for it to work is you have to damn near lose the match.....All 5 gens done means someone is about to escape. Thats more than enough of a requirement for an expose....hell I'd even say thats too high of a requirement because theres other ways to consistently get expose on survivors that doesn't require you to practically lose the game...

    That's Dead Hard level of requirement.

  • @ExcelSword said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450579#Comment_2450579

    I never said anything about requiring 4 survivors being hooked once, did you reply to the wrong comment?

    I think just immediately revealing NOED is active when the last gen pops would be a good small nerf.

    yup. It’s kind of silly that NOED only gives the notification after the killer smacks a survivor.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450721#Comment_2450721

    yup. It’s kind of silly that NOED only gives the notification after the killer smacks a survivor.

    It's intended - NOED's existence is purposefully 'hidden information' for the duration of the trial until it either downs someone or is revealed in the perk screen.

    The detrimental effects of all hexes are only revealed once they are applied.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451098#Comment_2451098

    It's intended - NOED's existence is purposefully 'hidden information' for the duration of the trial until it either downs someone or is revealed in the perk screen.

    The detrimental effects of all hexes are only revealed once they are applied.

    When Myers pops his Tier 3 the Exposed status is revealed to all survivors. Not sure why this applies to perks but not Killer Powers.

  • @GreyBigfoot said:

    There's plenty of games where the killer is already doing well, and the survivors barely complete the last gen, then get hit by a very frustrating noed that they couldn't afford to prevent earlier. Just the icing on the cake. I think some of Otz's noed games can show that scenario, he was even playing more reserved so he wouldn't 4k before the end.

    There's also the facecamping kind, where a killer camps someone to death, and then gets another kill from noed, or maybe even more. Generally it's not engaging for anybody and feels even worse for the camped survivor.

    the first example is what I consider to be noed's most fair application. You successfully apply enough pressure that you corral the survivors into taking a gamble.

    I kinda like noed on Nemesis. Chase well, hook well, burn vaccines, quickly get tier 2, make the entire map a dead zone and possibly already have 1-2 survivors killed. Doing all of that with only 3 perks will reward you with sealing the match. I think that aspect of noed is fair, although I could live without the ability to conceal noed. i think thats BS.

    Although those kinds of cases are rare from what I've seen. getting noed kills with low hook count is super lame.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451199#Comment_2451199

    When Myers pops his Tier 3 the Exposed status is revealed to all survivors. Not sure why this applies to perks but not Killer Powers.

    The detrimental effects of all hexes are only revealed once they are applied - Once they are applied, the effect stays permanently from that point, hence the timing of the notification.

    Killer powers/add-ons work in a similar manner, only their notifications end once the exposed effect ends (similar to when a totem - barring Haunted Grounds - as that starts a timer - breaks).

  • Did he do a new experiment or are we talking about the one from months ago?


    I 100% agreed with the issues he has with it; I've always said powerful game changing effects like this should either be earned.

  • @gammatsunami said:

    If you dont want killers using noed, just leave when the match is over. People standing around teabagging at endgame when theyve won makes me want to use noed

    pair it with bloodwarden too 😈

  • I guess it's okay for survivors to stack 4 second chance perks but when killers use NOED they get jumped down their throats hard.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Maybe otz thinks noed kills are undeserving because...they are.

    than leave the match if it activates so you don't feed the killer anymore kills. The game isn't over until you escape.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450806#Comment_2450806

    Read through the rest of that conversation. Small Game getting the totem counter adds to the 'perk tax' problem.

    What is this 'perk tax' you are referring to? If you have already explained it can u link me please?

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451199#Comment_2451199

    When Myers pops his Tier 3 the Exposed status is revealed to all survivors. Not sure why this applies to perks but not Killer Powers.

    It shouldn't apply at all tbh. They didn't start giving survivors info on hexes until way later. Now survivors have more information than the killer in most cases, so far that the newest killer they plan on adding "Pinhead" can't even see the aura of his own damn power.....

    Survivors have more than enough information plus the bonus of voice coms. They don't need ######### else...

  • As a survivor main - I don't really think NOED is overpowered. Like... if I face it too often, I put on Counterforce and that's it, I removed killer's perk. If NOED was NOT a hex perk - hell yes, that would've been OP as f..., but as a hex? You can remove it before it has a chance to do something.

    Sure it feels frustrating when you get hit by it, of course, because if during the match killer cannot hit you twice and struggles to catch you, it feels bit... 'bad' that now he gets to do it so easily. But again - totems.

    I feel most of the frustration comes form people who try to play 'time efficient' or 'optimal', or, let's just say it - sweat the gens and get out quickly. No second objective is a 'problem' too, because, again, some people only care about holding M1 on gens and that's it.

    So, as a survivor main, oh irony - I think NOED is fine.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451335#Comment_2451335

    The detrimental effects of all hexes are only revealed once they are applied - Once they are applied, the effect stays permanently from that point, hence the timing of the notification.

    Killer powers/add-ons work in a similar manner, only their notifications end once the exposed effect ends (similar to when a totem - barring Haunted Grounds - as that starts a timer - breaks).

    Ok so why….

    Does Haunted Grounds activate and immediately notify survivors they’re exposed?

    BUT NOED activates but doesn’t notify survivors?

    At the point of activation for both perks (triggers being the totem cleansed and last gen popping respectively) the exposed effect applies.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451371#Comment_2451371

    Ok so why….

    Does Haunted Grounds activate and immediately notify survivors they’re exposed?

    BUT NOED activates but doesn’t notify survivors?

    At the point of activation for both perks (triggers being the totem cleansed and last gen popping respectively) the exposed effect applies.

    Haunted Grounds, as I mentioned previously, is a special case.

    Much like Hex Retribution, it is activated by cleansing as opposed to the totem gaining stacks (or in NOED's case, hopping onto a dull totem) to activate.

    As the survivors are inflicted with a debilitating effect for a set duration, they're given the effect and duration info - There aren't any timed effects in the game (ie Pinky Finger, Legion Buttons, etc) that don't reveal this information.

1 2 3 4