Remove hook skillchecks

It prolongs unwanted games. Remove it and return the old mechanic.

Comments

  • I would rather not break my controller buttons again thank you

  • No. Old mechanic literally hurt some people and ruined keyboards. It was terrible. Suck it up if you load into a game that you are losing instead of asking for a quick way to babyquit.

  • Ya or my spacebar...

    @humanbeing1704 said:

    I would rather not break my controller buttons again thank you


  • It stops salty people from killing themselves early. It's beautiful.

  • why? Is that too much skill to use for survivors? To hit skillcheck? If u want to get out just miss two skill checks and ur out old mechanic was so bad

  • @0wl said:

    It prolongs unwanted games. Remove it and return the old mechanic.

    No. You ruin the game for other survivors by suiciding.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    No. Old mechanic literally hurt some people and ruined keyboards. It was terrible. Suck it up if you load into a game that you are losing instead of asking for a quick way to babyquit.

    I don't understand why you would expect someone who wants to leave a match to suddenly change their mind because a teammate unhooked them before they could finish kermitting. They'll just go afk and wait to be hooked again, or worse, actively do things to throw the match or sandbag the other survivors. Better to just let them leave.

    I'm fine with the current system but a quicker way to give up on 2nd phase would be nice in some cases.

  • @justbecause said:

    why? Is that too much skill to use for survivors? To hit skillcheck? If u want to get out just miss two skill checks and ur out old mechanic was so bad

    You don't even have to purposely miss them just don't hit anything and you miss the automatically

  • if the entirety of your argument against it is that you cant instantly hook suicide anymore, then i fail to see anything wrong with that mechanic.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418014#Comment_2418014

    I don't understand why you would expect someone who wants to leave a match to suddenly change their mind because a teammate unhooked them before they could finish kermitting. They'll just go afk and wait to be hooked again, or worse, actively do things to throw the match or sandbag the other survivors. Better to just let them leave.

    I'm fine with the current system but a quicker way to give up on 2nd phase would be nice in some cases.

    Because people who afk or throw the match can be reported. Thus, the people who are too emotionally immature to play a game when they're losing get punished.

    I am heartily sick of people hook-suiciding because I found them first. Don't log into an online game if you (not you, Rogue, just 'you' in general) are going to babyquit the moment you start losing.

  • No, some people have physical issues to spam buttons for no reason.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    It stops salty people from killing themselves early. It's beautiful.

    Then they just get grabbed off the hook and start spamming loud noise notifications until the killer hooks them again and kills them. It really does nothing but waste everyone’s time and give me a headache if I’m the one playing killer.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418016#Comment_2418016

    Then they just get grabbed off the hook and start spamming loud noise notifications until the killer hooks them again and kills them. It really does nothing but waste everyone’s time and give me a headache if I’m the one playing killer.

    Just go kill him. It's still more fair to other survivors. But to be honest I haven't seen anyone spamming "loud noises", waiting to be killed for more than a year.

  • @0wl said:

    It prolongs unwanted games. Remove it and return the old mechanic.

    Play out the game instead of being salty and wasting everyone's time?

  • No. Most if not all of my controllers are already ######### I don't need to destroy another one

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271983/remove-hook-skillchecks

    Play out the game instead of being salty and wasting everyone's time?

    I paid for the game so I can do whatever I want with it.

  • @0wl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418049#Comment_2418049

    I paid for the game so I can do whatever I want with it.

    You can do whatever you want, as long as the game supports it. What's the problem?

  • You can still ######### on hook relatively fast in phase 2 all you have to do is let two skill checks pass.

    I do it often to give the last survivor hatch/a chance to find the hatch if I'm being camped because literally what is the point in prolonging that and potentially getting the other survivor killed trying to save me? There's a lot of situations where letting go can be beneficial for your team, namely towards the end of the match. You gotta use your intuition and game sense.

  • @Troman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418037#Comment_2418037

    Just go kill him. It's still more fair to other survivors. But to be honest I haven't seen anyone spamming "loud noises", waiting to be killed for more than a year.

    It isn’t more fair for other survivors because the person who had checked out of the match is still checked out of the match and still ends up dead, just 30 seconds later than they planned. I’ve never seen a positive scenario where a survivor gets unhooked when they clearly wanted to die on hook, they almost always die immediately after and they never contribute anything positive to the match before they do. It makes no difference, it’s just annoying for everyone.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418016#Comment_2418016

    Then they just get grabbed off the hook and start spamming loud noise notifications until the killer hooks them again and kills them. It really does nothing but waste everyone’s time and give me a headache if I’m the one playing killer.

    The killer still has to waste time to hook them. No matter how little time it is, it's still extra time for the team that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

    Distracting the killer by spam notifications I'd also consider a bonus for the team. It makes the killer want to stop it which means they aren't checking the gens.

  • @0wl said:

    It prolongs unwanted games. Remove it and return the old mechanic.

    No way. I'm not going back to space bar spam. The current 2nd hook mechanic is fine, if you don't want to play, then you shouldn't have queued in the first place.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418045#Comment_2418045

    It isn’t more fair for other survivors because the person who had checked out of the match is still checked out of the match and still ends up dead, just 30 seconds later than they planned. I’ve never seen a positive scenario where a survivor gets unhooked when they clearly wanted to die on hook, they almost always die immediately after and they never contribute anything positive to the match before they do. It makes no difference, it’s just annoying for everyone.

    30 seconds is better than 0. And usually it's much more.

  • No it’s to keep people from hurting themselves and their keyboard.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    It stops salty people from killing themselves early. It's beautiful.

    Not at all. Someone who does not want to play anymore will not start to play the game normally if they get unhooked.

    At best, they go afk, at worst, they sandbag their teammates.

    Only the Killer really benefits from Survivors not being able to suicide immediatly, because it is easier for them to get to the Hatch.

  • @Troman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418105#Comment_2418105

    30 seconds is better than 0. And usually it's much more.

    30 seconds is essentially meaningless when the match then becomes a 3v1.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418020#Comment_2418020

    You don't even have to purposely miss them just don't hit anything and you miss the automatically

    @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418020#Comment_2418020

    You don't even have to purposely miss them just don't hit anything and you miss the automatically

    True

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418114#Comment_2418114

    30 seconds is essentially meaningless when the match then becomes a 3v1.

    As long as it keeps the killer busy for some time, it's not meaningless. And I don't have to smash spacebar anymore. To much profit to revert it.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418037#Comment_2418037

    The killer still has to waste time to hook them. No matter how little time it is, it's still extra time for the team that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

    Distracting the killer by spam notifications I'd also consider a bonus for the team. It makes the killer want to stop it which means they aren't checking the gens.

    Time is important in a balanced match. In a 3v1 match, the killer wasting a few seconds hooking someone who let themselves die does nothing. If they have hook perks such as Pop or BBQ it in fact ######### over the remaining survivors.

  • @Troman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418131#Comment_2418131

    As long as it keeps the killer busy for some time, it's not meaningless. And I don't have to smash spacebar anymore. To much profit to revert it.

    And then the killer gets another Pop regression kick on your gen, removing more progress than the person “wasting time” by letting themselves be hooked and killed bought you.

    I don’t think anyone is asking to go back to button mashing, that mechanic was almost universally hated. It isn’t a button mash/skill check binary choice, there are other options.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418138#Comment_2418138

    And then the killer gets another Pop regression kick on your gen, removing more progress than the person “wasting time” by letting themselves be hooked and killed bought you.

    I don’t think anyone is asking to go back to button mashing, that mechanic was almost universally hated. It isn’t a button mash/skill check binary choice, there are other options.

    And all killers have Pop as their basekit and it's always 30 seconds, not more and it's always the gen that someone is repairing, suure.

    Usually when someone tries to suicide and gets rescued, he suddenly starts playing again, because it's more fun to go down in a chase. Survivors who just stand still waiting to be killed is so rare, it's neglectable.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418016#Comment_2418016

    Not at all. Someone who does not want to play anymore will not start to play the game normally if they get unhooked.

    At best, they go afk, at worst, they sandbag their teammates.

    Only the Killer really benefits from Survivors not being able to suicide immediatly, because it is easier for them to get to the Hatch.

    In my experience when you unhook someone trying to kill themselves they either play normally or more often spam notifications to die. If they play normally then great. If they spam notifications then they're wasting the killers time a little which wouldn't have been wasted otherwise.

    I've only once had someone start to sandbag after a rescue and it was at 5 gens anyway so it wasn't that big a deal. If they start to sandbag you can also just report them. Overall, I think it's plenty worth the risk to save a suicidal teammate.

    Suicide-ing for hatch does indeed take longer now but that's a different topic entirely. I'm talking entirely about rescuing salty people.

    @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418108#Comment_2418108

    Time is important in a balanced match. In a 3v1 match, the killer wasting a few seconds hooking someone who let themselves die does nothing. If they have hook perks such as Pop or BBQ it in fact ######### over the remaining survivors.

    It's still extra time they wouldn't have otherwise. Is it most likely meaningless? Yes, it probably won't do anything because a 3v1 is next to impossible to win but extra time is still extra time for those still willing to try.

    You can play around BBQ multiple ways but POP is a solid counterpoint. In fact I'd say that's the strongest point you have for not unhooking the person. It only applies if the killer has Pop but I guess it comes down to whether the unhooked person wastes more then 20 seconds of time. Strategically, I guess unhooking there would be situational and not a guaranteed thing. I'll give you that one.

  • @Troman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418146#Comment_2418146

    And all killers have Pop as their basekit and it's always 30 seconds, not more and it's always the gen that someone is repairing, suure.

    Usually when someone tries to suicide and gets rescued, he suddenly starts playing again, because it's more fun to go down in a chase. Survivors who just stand still waiting to be killed is so rare, it's neglectable.

    Your experience is worlds away from mine. I have never seen a would-be hook suicider start playing the match normally after they get pulled off the hook. Not one time.

  • just miss 2 skillchecks, there u go.

  • @GannTM said:

    No it’s to keep people from hurting themselves and their keyboard.

    how do you hurt yourslef by smashing (not even smashing because you didnt need to smash the button, just pressing it often) a button? are u a 6 months old child?.

  • Take your DC ban like a man.

  • I honestly just have a hard time hitting the skill checks at the end of the struggle phase.

  • It literally takes 10 extra seconds. How bad is your ADHD?

  • A "give up" option should be appreciated.


    If someone want to get out, they gonna get out.


    Running directly to the killer and get hooked again to end it takes a bit more time, but the result is the same. Allowing someone to quit 10 seconds earlier doesnt change anything.

  • "Unwanted games" are part of the game dude. You're gonna have bad matches, that's a fact. You can just miss the skill checks on purpose if you wanna die (it takes literally 10 seconds....)

    Or better yet go play a different game if you're not gonna play the match out and screw your teammates.

  • @hiken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418120#Comment_2418120

    how do you hurt yourslef by smashing (not even smashing because you didnt need to smash the button, just pressing it often) a button? are u a 6 months old child?.

    People with physical disabilities?

    People with arthritis?

    Are you a child, that you can't understand people can have disabilities?

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418191#Comment_2418191

    People with physical disabilities?

    People with arthritis?

    Are you a child, that you can't understand people can have disabilities?

    if u have a phisical disability that would degenerate your fingers more for pressing a button then you probably should be doing other stuff than playing this type of games buddy were you will degenerate them even more, terrible argument indeed. i never ever heard a complain as such, people said that breaking buttons or breaking keyboards or sometimes the fact that the keyboard wasnt responive enough or the game was the problem, never heard of different complains.

  • @0wl said:

    It prolongs unwanted games. Remove it and return the old mechanic.

    i guess its technically a nerf to survivors is what i dont like about it...but its not that bad

  • No, thank you. I'd accidentally die on hook all the time with the old version because either my hand or my spacebar gave up. Skill checks are fine. Just miss two if you have to be that person.

  • @hiken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418332#Comment_2418332

    if u have a phisical disability that would degenerate your fingers more for pressing a button then you probably should be doing other stuff than playing this type of games buddy were you will degenerate them even more, terrible argument indeed. i never ever heard a complain as such, people said that breaking buttons or breaking keyboards or sometimes the fact that the keyboard wasnt responive enough or the game was the problem, never heard of different complains.

    I have arthritis. I've been playing video games since the 80s, and I'm not going to stop now. I just can't marathon like I used to, and there are some games I can't play anymore. Constantly mashing the spacebar is painful. Skill checks are much easier on my wrists.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271983/remove-hook-skillchecks

    i guess its technically a nerf to survivors is what i dont like about it...but its not that bad

    would you rather have a tiny nerf or a destroyed controller/keyboard

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418783#Comment_2418783

    would you rather have a tiny nerf or a destroyed controller/keyboard

    ive had this keyboard for 4 years of dbd, it was not a problem

  • @0wl said:

    It prolongs unwanted games. Remove it and return the old mechanic.

    I say remove the skill checks and if someone wants to suicide second hook, they can just press space-bar or the action-key. The skill checks have killed me multiple times because of lag and I would have gotten off the hook if I hadn't missed the skill-check.

    As for suiciding on hook, all people have to do is "Alt-Tab + Youtube", so I don't see an issue.