Chapter 21: Is it springtrap?

I’m gonna get right to the point. It’s hands down either candy man or springtrap, but I’d assume it’s springtrap honestly. Not to bash Candyman of course, but it seems more like springtrap will be new killer. Here’s why I think this way:

-In some livestream (I can’t remember which one, please forgive me) it was stated that the new killer would have a unique pallet and breakable wall animation. Springtrap is a corpse-robot hybrid. He won’t be able to break pallets with two kicks like most other killers, and the same can be said for breakable walls. (Also Candyman would be able to break walls/pallets easily with his feet.)

-He’s one of the most requested killers for DBD! While yes apparently the more people ask for something in DBD, the less likely it is to be added, but come on, the signs that that may not be the case is brighter than the lights on tricksters stage!

-Scott is a troll sometimes. He said that there was no FnaF collabs this year, he also stated fall guys and another game, so he may have been telling the truth. The truth being there’s no collabs with fall guys or among us I think it was.

All in all, both killers are welcomed by me! I’d love to see either of them in the game. (As long as there arn't any game breaking bugs 😜)

Comments

  • @RiskyKara said:

    I don't like FNAF, to me that game marked the biggest decline in the horror game genre in a long while.

    Now instead of having games with good story, unnerving environments and tense encounters we now have streamer horror. AKA jump scare hell. I feel like FNAF is a major contributer to that trend.

    Sure for the audience watching your favorite personality get startled in an easy to absorb context is fun, but as someone who doesn't watch streamers at all I want is a game that can make me distressed and uncomfortable, a game that makes me want to turn the lights on in my house or feel an itch on the back of my head as if someone were watching me. I enjoy horror as a media to feel scared. All these jumpscare games do is startle you.

    A child hiding behind a door saying "boo!' can startle you. It doesn't make it scary. So for me I have more disdain for FNAF than I rightfully should because most horror games that come out now are jump scare hell with none of the effort of making something genuinely scary. So if FNAF comes to DBD I'm just hoping they don't make his power jump scare based, but they probably will because I mean... What else does that game even have?

    Tldr; angry old woman screams at the sky wishing to return to a better time that never existed.

    But fnaf has unnerving environments and a pretty decent story

  • @Th0ughtless said:

    I’m gonna get right to the point. It’s hands down either candy man or springtrap, but I’d assume it’s springtrap honestly. Not to bash Candyman of course, but it seems more like springtrap will be new killer. Here’s why I think this way:

    -In some livestream (I can’t remember which one, please forgive me) it was stated that the new killer would have a unique pallet and breakable wall animation. Springtrap is a corpse-robot hybrid. He won’t be able to break pallets with two kicks like most other killers, and the same can be said for breakable walls. (Also Candyman would be able to break walls/pallets easily with his feet.)

    -He’s one of the most requested killers for DBD! While yes apparently the more people ask for something in DBD, the less likely it is to be added, but come on, the signs that that may not be the case is brighter than the lights on tricksters stage!

    -Scott is a troll sometimes. He said that there was no FnaF collabs this year, he also stated fall guys and another game, so he may have been telling the truth. The truth being there’s no collabs with fall guys or among us I think it was.

    All in all, both killers are welcomed by me! I’d love to see either of them in the game. (As long as there arn't any game breaking bugs 😜)

    I would just like to say it would be out of character for Candyman to kick pallets and gens. He for sure would instead use his hook. Candyman is not one for doing physical things. He's a ghost who will simply teleport behind you and gut you. He doesn't kick or punch. Nor does he chase people.

    So yes he would have unique pallet breaking, gen kicking, and pickup animations.

  • @RiskyKara said:

    I don't like FNAF, to me that game marked the biggest decline in the horror game genre in a long while.

    Now instead of having games with good story, unnerving environments and tense encounters we now have streamer horror. AKA jump scare hell. I feel like FNAF is a major contributer to that trend.

    Sure for the audience watching your favorite personality get startled in an easy to absorb context is fun, but as someone who doesn't watch streamers at all I want is a game that can make me distressed and uncomfortable, a game that makes me want to turn the lights on in my house or feel an itch on the back of my head as if someone were watching me. I enjoy horror as a media to feel scared. All these jumpscare games do is startle you.

    A child hiding behind a door saying "boo!' can startle you. It doesn't make it scary. So for me I have more disdain for FNAF than I rightfully should because most horror games that come out now are jump scare hell with none of the effort of making something genuinely scary. So if FNAF comes to DBD I'm just hoping they don't make his power jump scare based, but they probably will because I mean... What else does that game even have?

    Tldr; angry old woman screams at the sky wishing to return to a better time that never existed.

    Well said. Few games actually manage to capture the dread of true fear. It usually just instantaneous jumpscares that get sensationalized without improvinge. Horror media should keep your heart pounding the whole time.

  • @RiskyKara said:

    I don't like FNAF, to me that game marked the biggest decline in the horror game genre in a long while.

    Now instead of having games with good story, unnerving environments and tense encounters we now have streamer horror. AKA jump scare hell. I feel like FNAF is a major contributer to that trend.

    Sure for the audience watching your favorite personality get startled in an easy to absorb context is fun, but as someone who doesn't watch streamers at all I want is a game that can make me distressed and uncomfortable, a game that makes me want to turn the lights on in my house or feel an itch on the back of my head as if someone were watching me. I enjoy horror as a media to feel scared. All these jumpscare games do is startle you.

    A child hiding behind a door saying "boo!' can startle you. It doesn't make it scary. So for me I have more disdain for FNAF than I rightfully should because most horror games that come out now are jump scare hell with none of the effort of making something genuinely scary. So if FNAF comes to DBD I'm just hoping they don't make his power jump scare based, but they probably will because I mean... What else does that game even have?

    Tldr; angry old woman screams at the sky wishing to return to a better time that never existed.

    Sadly horror games are now walking simulators with a bit of spooky every 20 minutes or the fnaf style literally sitting in one place

  • @CashelP14 said:

    They rumours are that the next chapter is licenced paragraph, with an original survivor being the next paragraph.

    I'm making an extremely bold prediction.

    I'm going to say we aren't done with the resident evil franchise just yet because I believe we're getting Lady D as the next killer.

    Here's my reasons:

    • Everyone loves Lady D. I think once people saw the original trailer with her in it the devs agreed to create her.
    • Ethan can't be a survivor since we never see his face.
    • Gives them the opportunity to create a massive indoor map people will hate to play on.
    • Licences like Candyman have survivors I believe. Not sure who would be the survivor for the Springtrap idea but I don't think it's him.

    Honestly I need more Lady D in my life.

    Honestly, that may not be that crazy of an idea.

    I personally find it a bit fishy how Behavior has completely ignored every mention of the modern RE games so far. No characters, no skins, no nothing.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    'He’s one of the most requested killers for DBD!'

    No he's not. I don't get where this idea comes from. One DBD streamer who likes FNAF and his followers is not the majority of the player base.

    FNAF is cheap jumpscares, and jumpscares are lazy. Pass.

    Let's make a Kpop chapter instead. 🙃

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404573#Comment_2404573

    No, I'm talking about how gross it is to suggest a series with a controversial creator.

    I'm not really going to get into specifics, but BHVR better not touch this thing even with a 10 foot pole like they did with a certain movie series.

    I agree. With direction BHVR has been moving with inclusivity partnering with him just looks like backward step and like the inclusion was just for show.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404703#Comment_2404703

    Honestly, that may not be that crazy of an idea.

    I personally find it a bit fishy how Behavior has completely ignored every mention of the modern RE games so far. No characters, no skins, no nothing.

    I just think that with all the hype she had it's better to cash in soon before it completely dies. Especially whenever it's a paragraph.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405576#Comment_2405576

    I just think that with all the hype she had it's better to cash in soon before it completely dies. Especially whenever it's a paragraph.

    Lady D isn’t gonna be a new killer. The devs already referred to the new killer as a he. She’s not off the table for future chapters though.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404575#Comment_2404575

    I agree. With direction BHVR has been moving with inclusivity partnering with him just looks like backward step and like the inclusion was just for show.

    No it wouldnt, having different political views barely matter when they dont push them into their products, Scott never pushed any political agendas in FNAF, also he is no longer in charge since he retired.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405576#Comment_2405576

    I just think that with all the hype she had it's better to cash in soon before it completely dies. Especially whenever it's a paragraph.

    If they were to make a paragraph modern RE killer, I think Jack Baker or Heisenberg would work better than Lady D. She's just so tall. The devs would have to shrink her down to get her to fit, which would just look weird.

  • @Hoodied said:

    I’d much rather something much more interesting than a robot with a corpse in it, no joke an internet series inspired by fnaf is better than fnaf solely because it used real horror instead of “scream at you”

    Anyways the unique kick and break animations can also fit literally anyone else, silent hill creatures, creatures who are stronger when it comes to upper body strength, and so much more, they could also use a weapon to break it (kinda like spirit)

    Fnaf may be suggested alot but most of the time people don’t usually agree with it as FNAF really isn’t considered horror as, and I cannot believe people are desensitized to this,

    HORROR.ISN’T.ALL.JUMPSCARES

    Silent Hill doesn’t use jumpscares, it uses unsettling imagery to leave the player uneasy for example, fnaf literally is just “dead body in robots that yell at you” and thinking about that sounds bad already, can we PLEASE just leave the idea of fnaf in dbd alone for a while cause everytime this topic is brought up, I basically have to extend my response to tell the person that its not a good idea

    FNAF's horror appeal also isn't all jumpscares, that's simply the gameplay loop.

    This is the conclusion people get lead to when they don't do their research.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405591#Comment_2405591

    If they were to make a paragraph modern RE killer, I think Jack Baker or Heisenberg would work better than Lady D. She's just so tall. The devs would have to shrink her down to get her to fit, which would just look weird.

    I doubt she would even be a viable choice, she got a lot of hype but, she is far from being iconic to the RE franchise like Nemesis or Mr. X, hell Jack Baker is more iconic than her since he was around for most of the game and even part of DLCs, even being mentioned in RE8

    If anything Dimitrescu was underwhelming in the game, with Heisenberg outshining her by far.

  • @Th0ughtless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405591#Comment_2405591

    Lady D isn’t gonna be a new killer. The devs already referred to the new killer as a he. She’s not off the table for future chapters though.

    Did they? I didn't hear that.

    @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405591#Comment_2405591

    If they were to make a paragraph modern RE killer, I think Jack Baker or Heisenberg would work better than Lady D. She's just so tall. The devs would have to shrink her down to get her to fit, which would just look weird.

    Maybe. Honestly I'd prefer Heisenberg over Jack. Just has a much better personality than Jack imo.

  • pretty sure next chapter is original again

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405596#Comment_2405596

    Did they? I didn't hear that.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405604#Comment_2405604

    Maybe. Honestly I'd prefer Heisenberg over Jack. Just has a much better personality than Jack imo.

    Well Jack or Heisenberg would fit better, regardless of who is chosen.

    But Jack is probably more popular, that mad lad was something else.

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405628#Comment_2405628

    Well Jack or Heisenberg would fit better, regardless of who is chosen.

    But Jack is probably more popular, that mad lad was something else.

    Idk I'm not a massive fan of Jack. Don't know why.

  • I think it will be a original chapter. We just got RE lol.

  • I’m with you on that. I’d prefer Heisenberg over Jack. Though I’d prefer another resident evil chapter to not be so soon. Also in reference to your last post, yea they were referring to the new killer in some Dev stream and Matthew I think it was referred to them as a he.

  • @Yatol said:

    pretty sure next chapter is original again

    @FancyMrB said:

    I think it will be a original chapter. We just got RE lol.

    😉 Man oh man I want to say things I know but I don't want to get banned.

  • @FancyMrB said:

    I think it will be a original chapter. We just got RE lol.

    We've been given 3 licenses in a row before, whether we get another license after this does not matter.

  • I mean, a majority of DBD players have seen the forbidden tweets. We know what’s going on cheif.

    i mean what? Twitter? What’s that.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405649#Comment_2405649

    We've been given 3 licenses in a row before, whether we get another license after this does not matter.

    In fact in most cases the crossovers came in groups:

    We saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Saw in one batch.

    Then we had Evil Dead, Ghost Face, and Stranger Things in another batch.

    And now for 2021 we've had Crypt TV, Resident Evil and maybe another slasher/ghost series that shall go unnamed.

    Only Halloween, Left 4 Dead, and Silent Hill were released alone.

    So even excluding the upcoming CH21, out of all licensed chapters 8 out of 11 or 73% of them were released in batches.

  • this guy just really likes springtrap.

    I pray that BHVR never goes with Candyman...... no matter how many requests, his power no matter what would be boring.... (what? a hoard of bees?)

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405649#Comment_2405649

    We've been given 3 licenses in a row before, whether we get another license after this does not matter.

    What 3 have we had in a row? I know we have had 2 licenced chapters back to back so it is possible we get Candyman or Springtrap next.

    I guess I just prefer original content so that is what I am hoping for! If fnaf came to dbd I think that would be neat but with everything happening with fnaf right now it seems unlikely, but not impossible.

    Just my thoughts.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    this guy just really likes springtrap.

    I pray that BHVR never goes with Candyman...... no matter how many requests, his power no matter what would be boring.... (what? a hoard of bees?)

    When I made this post it was 2:38 am and I was TIRED. So I’m not like a die hard fan for springtrap (I’m rooting more for a clock tower chapter)

    also I agree with the power point. He’s very much requested but his power would probably just be bees. 3 spooky 5 me.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    this guy just really likes springtrap.

    I pray that BHVR never goes with Candyman...... no matter how many requests, his power no matter what would be boring.... (what? a hoard of bees?)

    He can do more than just bees. He has the following abilities:

    • Levitation
    • Invisibility
    • Teleportation
    • Summoning and controlling bees
    • Super human strength
    • Mind control
    • Hypnotisation
    • Causing Madness and Hallunications

    Dude is more similar to Dracula, Sadako, and Freddy than other more human slashers.

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406055#Comment_2406055

    He can do more than just bees. He has the following abilities:

    • Levitation
    • Invisibility
    • Teleportation
    • Summoning and controlling bees
    • Super human strength
    • Mind control
    • Hypnotisation
    • Causing Madness and Hallunications

    Dude is more similar to Dracula, Sadako, and Freddy than other more human slashers.

    How would any of those do anything though? There’s only like 2 that he could get.

    -Nurse levitates

    -Wraith can go invis

    -Freddy can teleport (so can nurse technically)

    -Super human strength is present in perks already so not good enough to be a power

    -mind control would be game breaking and too OP

    -doctor, need I say more?

    all his powers are already present in the game besides bees, so unless BHVR comes outta left field Candyman dosent really have any powers besides bees

  • Has their been leaks or something?

    Don't get me wrong, I am huge fnaf fan. I have done a lot of fan art for it ^^ with everything going on with Scott, and that fact we just got a major licence, I feel like an original chapter would be next and another big name chapter would be for later.

    Not impossible, and I would be pleasantly surprised if we got Springtrap, but right now I highly doubt it.

  • @Th0ughtless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406069#Comment_2406069

    How would any of those do anything though? There’s only like 2 that he could get.

    -Nurse levitates

    -Wraith can go invis

    -Freddy can teleport (so can nurse technically)

    -Super human strength is present in perks already so not good enough to be a power

    -mind control would be game breaking and too OP

    -doctor, need I say more?

    all his powers are already present in the game besides bees, so unless BHVR comes outta left field Candyman dosent really have any powers besides bees

    Well I mean what was unique about Trickster? He's just a mix of Legion, Plauge, and Huntress. Nemesis's tentacle plays similar at windows and pallets like Huntress/Pyramid Head.

    Every killer in this game shares abilities with other killers. When has this ever been an issue before?

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406079#Comment_2406079

    Well I mean what was unique about Trickster? He's just a mix of Legion, Plauge, and Huntress. Nemesis's tentacle plays similar at windows and pallets like Huntress/Pyramid Head.

    Every killer in this game shares abilities with other killers. When has this ever been an issue before?

    It’s kinda always been an issue, but I suppose you are right. The main problem is, look at how much hype is built for Candyman as opposed to Nemesis. If Candyman just has a mash up power that’s gonna disappoint a lot of people.

    also how is trickster a mash up of legion and plague??? I get huntress and that’s true, but what does legion have to do with the tricksters power? Knives?


  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406055#Comment_2406055

    He can do more than just bees. He has the following abilities:

    • Levitation
    • Invisibility
    • Teleportation
    • Summoning and controlling bees
    • Super human strength
    • Mind control
    • Hypnotisation
    • Causing Madness and Hallunications

    Dude is more similar to Dracula, Sadako, and Freddy than other more human slashers.

    mind control will never work,

    Bees are boring

    every killer has superhuman strength

    doc has madness and hallucinations

    wraith and freddy have a type of invis

    freddy and nurse have forms of teleportation

    about the only thing on that list is Levitation and I am referring to levitating other objects not himself.... levitating other objects (if he does this) would probably be the only other way of implementing Candyman and an interesting power but I am almost certain this is not a Candyman thing.... Hoard of bees sounds more like Candyman and that's not interesting..

  • All this mention of spring trap and I’m sitting here like

    Untitled Image


  • @Th0ughtless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406055#Comment_2406055

    When I made this post it was 2:38 am and I was TIRED. So I’m not like a die hard fan for springtrap (I’m rooting more for a clock tower chapter)

    also I agree with the power point. He’s very much requested but his power would probably just be bees. 3 spooky 5 me.

    TBH I hope Springtrap is brought back in someway in the new FNAF it's story was quite interesting ,

    I haven't been keeping tabs on the new FNAF like I should.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406067#Comment_2406067

    TBH I hope Springtrap is brought back in someway in the new FNAF it's story was quite interesting ,

    I haven't been keeping tabs on the new FNAF like I should.

    I haven’t been keeping tabs either, but isn’t that what the whole glitchtrap thing was about?

  • I see 5 year Olds wearing FNAF clothes. Having themed parties around it. Dbd is not meant to be a kids game.

    I can't imagine kids wearing plague t-shirts or buying blight lunch boxes. How about those twins plushies? Just doesn't work for me.

    Freddys might have some good lore. A lot of it is marketed towards kids. You put it out it's gonna bring kids into the game. I get enough salt after matches. Don't need the 10 year old chat warriors showing up. Just my opinion.

  • @Th0ughtless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406055#Comment_2406055

    When I made this post it was 2:38 am and I was TIRED. So I’m not like a die hard fan for springtrap (I’m rooting more for a clock tower chapter)

    also I agree with the power point. He’s very much requested but his power would probably just be bees. 3 spooky 5 me.

    I would buy Jennifer if they ever added her. But I'm not entirely sure they'll ever try for that.

  • @Apollos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406067#Comment_2406067

    I would buy Jennifer if they ever added her. But I'm not entirely sure they'll ever try for that.

    Yea it’s probably never gonna happen, would be cool though.

  • @Th0ughtless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406252#Comment_2406252

    Yea it’s probably never gonna happen, would be cool though.

    I wonder who even owns the rights. Human must be defunct and the last game was by Capcom, but there hasn't been anything since 3. If they do own the rights, DBD already has their foot in the door with the RE crossover, so it wouldn't be entirely possible. But it's a bit obscure unfortunately.

  • @Apollos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406254#Comment_2406254

    I wonder who even owns the rights. Human must be defunct and the last game was by Capcom, but there hasn't been anything since 3. If they do own the rights, DBD already has their foot in the door with the RE crossover, so it wouldn't be entirely possible. But it's a bit obscure unfortunately.

    Yea human is full on out of business. Capcom owns 3. But your right about the obscurity. Maybe one day in the future it’ll happen though. Who knows lol.

  • @EvilBarney666 said:

    I see 5 year Olds wearing FNAF clothes. Having themed parties around it. Dbd is not meant to be a kids game.

    I can't imagine kids wearing plague t-shirts or buying blight lunch boxes. How about those twins plushies? Just doesn't work for me.

    Freddys might have some good lore. A lot of it is marketed towards kids. You put it out it's gonna bring kids into the game. I get enough salt after matches. Don't need the 10 year old chat warriors showing up. Just my opinion.

    Well to be fair the games take place in an Animatronic Pizzeria that's part of a franchise that entertains kids.

    So would make sense that a pizzeria for kids would have merch of the animatronics and such so that's most likely why there is a lot of merch that you would find as a toy prize in a pizzeria for kids.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406235#Comment_2406235

    I was literally playing GTA Vice City pre-10 yrs old as a kid.

    Maybe I'm a ######### up person beyond repair, who's past experiences invalidate all my arguments for what is right. Dunno.

    I feel like a majority of the people who play DBD definitely played/watched/read things that were definitely not meant for them.

  • I personally hope that this isn't the case. I'd honestly probably quit the game if that were the case. I don't think I could deal with . . .

    The younger fanbase making the community even worse . . .

    and also I don't want to be camped and tunneled by a freaking animatronic in a freaking pizzaria.

    But also . . . no dig at FNAF, despite me not liking it . . . ( I know others do )

    but it seems like a very CAMP lane of horror like . . . a very HIGH-camp level of horror. Like well past Ghostface and stuff. To me FNAF doesn't have a place in the Dead by Daylight universe.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404556#Comment_2404556

    Honestly with trickster in the game I think cringe is allowed

    This is the largest IQ take in this entire thread, my man graduated from Harvard with honors.

  • nah dude it's the predator!111

  • @FancyMrB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406027#Comment_2406027

    What 3 have we had in a row? I know we have had 2 licenced chapters back to back so it is possible we get Candyman or Springtrap next.

    I guess I just prefer original content so that is what I am hoping for! If fnaf came to dbd I think that would be neat but with everything happening with fnaf right now it seems unlikely, but not impossible.

    Just my thoughts.

    image.png

    here.

  • @the_new said:

    nah dude it's the predator!111

    Predator would have a survivor to go with it though, wouldn’t it? We’re pretty sure it’s an original survivor this go around.

  • If we talk about 'unique breaking animations' i'd go with a killer who can turn into something else (bees, flies, water, goo) phase through the pallett/wall and have it break once they materialize again. would take the same animationtime and could still allow for stuns similar to lightburn

  • I still don't understand the issue with fnaf being in the game.

    The killer in question is a dude who murdered MANY children and ended up being crushed to death by the suit he used to lure them. He then lived on as a corpse inside a rotting suit, and ending up burning to death. There is nothing about the character that says he shouldn't be in the game.

    Many people like the character and he's pretty iconic, so there is zero harm in adding him. The community can be bad, but the dbd community is much worse.

1 2 3