Chapter 21: Is it springtrap?

I’m gonna get right to the point. It’s hands down either candy man or springtrap, but I’d assume it’s springtrap honestly. Not to bash Candyman of course, but it seems more like springtrap will be new killer. Here’s why I think this way:

-In some livestream (I can’t remember which one, please forgive me) it was stated that the new killer would have a unique pallet and breakable wall animation. Springtrap is a corpse-robot hybrid. He won’t be able to break pallets with two kicks like most other killers, and the same can be said for breakable walls. (Also Candyman would be able to break walls/pallets easily with his feet.)

-He’s one of the most requested killers for DBD! While yes apparently the more people ask for something in DBD, the less likely it is to be added, but come on, the signs that that may not be the case is brighter than the lights on tricksters stage!

-Scott is a troll sometimes. He said that there was no FnaF collabs this year, he also stated fall guys and another game, so he may have been telling the truth. The truth being there’s no collabs with fall guys or among us I think it was.

All in all, both killers are welcomed by me! I’d love to see either of them in the game. (As long as there arn't any game breaking bugs 😜)

Comments

  • No. Won't happen. Same with candmyman, we all know this is true and are just kidding ourselves when we disagree.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    this guy just really likes springtrap.

    I pray that BHVR never goes with Candyman...... no matter how many requests, his power no matter what would be boring.... (what? a hoard of bees?)

    You'd really suck at being a designer with that mindset ...


    There is a lot they could do with his powers, and yes, that also includes his bees.

  • Pig wasn't a single character?

    Neither was Stranger Things, in fact that had two survivors.

    Regardless, whether it's a paragraph or a chapter, they're all licensed content.

  • Chapter 22: Is it springtrap?

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406703#Comment_2406703

    Pig wasn't a single character?

    Neither was Stranger Things, in fact that had two survivors.

    Regardless, whether it's a paragraph or a chapter, they're all licensed content.

    What? Where did I say Pig and Stranger Things? I was referring to Bubba, Ash, and GF... the none chapter character releases lol. To say that is common trend is pushing it. We can also see from the last 7 chapters it has been licensed content mixes with originals.

    None of that means anything however.

    If they were doing Candyman I think he would make for a good single character release ^^ Fnaf would be a massive chapter. If released next then awesome! But I have a feeling they would save it for later in 2022.

  • @MyNamePete said:

    Chapter 22: Is it springtrap?

    You act like I’m renowned for posting stuff like this lol

  • @Th0ughtless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407070#Comment_2407070

    You act like I’m renowned for posting stuff like this lol

    chapter 23

  • I'm not a big fan of FNAF (not a fan of jumpscares: they're startling at best and annoying at worst), but mechanically I'm not sure how this would work. I'm sure Springtrap could chase you, but he'd have to primarily be an ambush killer, I'd imagine. It'd be difficult to do that without making him too much like the Pig or Ghostface. Maybe if they gave him a perk where he could pop out of lockers?

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    I'm not a big fan of FNAF (not a fan of jumpscares: they're startling at best and annoying at worst), but mechanically I'm not sure how this would work. I'm sure Springtrap could chase you, but he'd have to primarily be an ambush killer, I'd imagine. It'd be difficult to do that without making him too much like the Pig or Ghostface. Maybe if they gave him a perk where he could pop out of lockers?

    Yea that’s what the common thought is I’m pretty sure.

    But honestly what you said is something I’m much more interested in, a killer perk/power that could utilize lockers would be amazing.

  • @Th0ughtless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407755#Comment_2407755

    Yea that’s what the common thought is I’m pretty sure.

    But honestly what you said is something I’m much more interested in, a killer perk/power that could utilize lockers would be amazing.

    It would definitely bring some tension if you were never sure whether or not the locker you were about to open was about to have a killer jump out.

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407775#Comment_2407775

    It would definitely bring some tension if you were never sure whether or not the locker you were about to open was about to have a killer jump out.

    All fun and games till Dwight gets a new locker buddy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407779#Comment_2407779

    Hmm

    The Vessel

    Curtain call

    • The Vessel starts the Trial with 4 other inactive Vessels that reside in Lockers scattered around the Trial.
    • While near a Locker that is not in The Basement, The Vessel has the prompt to use Curtain Call.
    • When Curtain Call is used, The Vessel enters the Locker.
    • While inside a Locker, The Vessel can highlight a Locker containing another Vessel.
    • While inside a Locker, the prompt for Curtain Call remains.
    • While inside a Locker, using Curtain Call with a Locker highlighted will shift control of The Vessel to the selected Vessel.
    • While inside a Locker, using Curtain Call again without a Locker Highlighted will cause The Vessel to exit the current Locker.
    • Swapping Vessels suppresses Curtain Call's Locker selection for 10s.
    • Survivors' Enter Locker prompt is replaced with Block Locker for Lockers that contain a Vessel.
    • Entering a Vessel that has had the Locker Blocked, takes a 6s Action to break free from the Locker.

    I like it!

  • Many people I feel want FNAF to be part of DBD not because of how "scary/unnerving" it is, but rather for its aesthetics and art style. You go to any FNAF community sites whether it's reddit or tumblr, you'll see countless fanart of the characters, a lot of it very inappropriate.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407779#Comment_2407779

    Hmm

    The Vessel

    Curtain call

    • The Vessel starts the Trial with 4 other inactive Vessels that reside in Lockers scattered around the Trial.
    • While near a Locker that is not in The Basement, The Vessel has the prompt to use Curtain Call.
    • When Curtain Call is used, The Vessel enters the Locker.
    • While inside a Locker, The Vessel can highlight a Locker containing another Vessel.
    • While inside a Locker, the prompt for Curtain Call remains.
    • While inside a Locker, using Curtain Call with a Locker highlighted will shift control of The Vessel to the selected Vessel.
    • While inside a Locker, using Curtain Call again without a Locker Highlighted will cause The Vessel to exit the current Locker.
    • Swapping Vessels suppresses Curtain Call's Locker selection for 10s.
    • Survivors' Enter Locker prompt is replaced with Block Locker for Lockers that contain a Vessel.
    • Entering a Vessel that has had the Locker Blocked, takes a 6s Action to break free from the Locker.

    That is literally so creative. It’s just…. *chefs kiss*

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407870#Comment_2407870

    Thanks.

    That alone would only be mobility, so the Killer would need another Tool as well. probably chase/peeping related:

    showtime

    • Hold down the Power Button to stalk.
    • Cannot Stalk during Showtime.
    • Stalking Survivors charges up Showtime.
    • Showtime's charge decays while not Stalking.
    • Showtime is fully depleted upon damaging a Survivor.
    • While Showtime is depleted, The Vessel is Undetectable.
    • Cannot perform Basic Attacks while Stalking.
    • While Stalking, press the Basic Attack Button to activate Showtime.
    • Showtime has a minimum charge requirement to activate.
    • If Showtime is activated while fully charged, all Survivors will become Exposed until Showtime is depleted.
    • While Showtime is active, The Vessel gains 35% movespeed.

    At this point BHVR just needs to hire you. I’d definitely main the vessel.

  • No guys. You have to start taking this seriously. >:(

    The new killer is Trixie Mattel.

    Untitled Image


  • @DrStone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406055#Comment_2406055

    You'd really suck at being a designer with that mindset ...

    There is a lot they could do with his powers, and yes, that also includes his bees.

    I am not a designer... I am a gamer whom has heard of "Candyman" and he is boring and most known for bees..

    In most games a hoard of insects often involves some sort following or chase mechanic where they'll eventually stop when the timer ends. now in DS3 if you're hit by this hoard of insects, it can do a ton damage............. what would "bees" do that we haven't seen? would they do stinging? so they'd be a version of trixter? 10 stings and your injured? no no maybe they could work like madness and interrupt actions? or maybe they'll work like victor and survivors will have to wave their hands to get the bees to go away and can't perform any actions with them on the survivors? oh maybe they'd be like Plagg! vomit.... anyway they go he'd be boring or bees would be boring because of the fact that prior killers exist and are more interesting then he.

1 2 3 ›