Will Dead Hard nerf ever see the light of the day?

Seriously, it's ridiculous how this perk just gives survivors not one, not two, but several extra lives per game! It's a second chance perk, like DS, UB and BT, but if DS and UB only work once per trial, this "Press E to Win" nonsense can be used and abused basically every chase.

It's one of the most overpowered and unbalanced perks. If survivors have an ability to get extra life per every chase, at least give killers a perk which grants one instant down per chase too or something.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • It took us 4 years to get the DS nerf but it eventually became a reality. Keep dreaming I guess.

  • I can't see dead hard getting a nerf, only a full rework.

    How would you nerf dead hard?

    My idea is that they remove the distance factor but keeps the invincibility frame.

    This keeps a dynamic between the survivor and killer of "when are they going to use it" but removes the ability of the survivor to gain distance with nothing the killer can do about it.

  • I don't think it will. Too many people are convinced that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the perk, or that its failures at the hands of dedicated servers justifies it not getting nerfed.

  • I mean, exposed perks exist. Killers just don't opt to use them too often because they focus on gen regression and game slowdown instead. Understandable as I never really run exposed perks myself as killer.

    Instantly downing survivors is actually the best counter to dead hard since they can't use it when they're healthy. Idk I just deal with DH. It's pesky at times but you literally can't nerf it without making it completely useless and I don't think trashing perks is ever a good idea.

  • I hate the perk with a passion but I guess that if it deserves a spot in the game then NOED does too. I use neither though lol.

  • Is it really that hard to just not press a mouse button until it gets used though?

  • Probably a couple more years. All they need to do is remove the speed boost but keep the i-frames.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    Is it really that hard to just not press a mouse button until it gets used though?

    This is what I do. Or use other methods of getting around it like Corrupt Purge.

    @GannTM said:

    I hate the perk with a passion but I guess that if it deserves a spot in the game then NOED does too. I use neither though lol.

    Same. My personal favorite is Lithe. Idk how people put their trust in dead hard, as unreliable as it can be.

  • No, because it needs no nerf.

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403914#Comment_2403914

    This is what I do. Or use other methods of getting around it like Corrupt Purge.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403909#Comment_2403909

    Same. My personal favorite is Lithe. Idk how people put their trust in dead hard, as unreliable as it can be.

    I’m a ~500 hour wraith main. This is exactly what I do. I just bait it mashing right click and I just don’t cancel the invis so I can catch up and possibly body block them after. too.

  • No, it takes skill & player experience to know when to use it. That shouldn't be nerfed

  • @ukenicky said:

    I mean, exposed perks exist. Killers just don't opt to use them too often because they focus on gen regression and game slowdown instead. Understandable as I never really run exposed perks myself as killer.

    Instantly downing survivors is actually the best counter to dead hard since they can't use it when they're healthy. Idk I just deal with DH. It's pesky at times but you literally can't nerf it without making it completely useless and I don't think trashing perks is ever a good idea.

    Yeah, it works. That is why I play Bubba and camp the first hook after every game someone uses DH on me, to restore some karmic balance in the universe a bit. I guess it's the only way to counter DH at the moment.

  • @Junylar said:

    Seriously, it's ridiculous how this perk just gives survivors not one, not two, but several extra lives per game! It's a second chance perk, like DS, UB and BT, but if DS and UB only work once per trial, this "Press E to Win" nonsense can be used and abused basically every chase.

    It's one of the most overpowered and unbalanced perks. If survivors have an ability to get extra life per every chase, at least give killers a perk which grants one instant down per chase too or something.

    What's ridiculous is how often you get hit mid animation and go down, exhausted on the ground, and killers constantly complain about a perk that works at best half the time. Imagine if it actually worked. Imagine if BBQ only worked half the time. Can't you just be happy they destroyed DS? Or do you not think survivors should have perks at all?

  • @CornHub said:

    No, it takes skill & player experience to know when to use it. That shouldn't be nerfed

    Thank you, now I'll know what to reply to people demanding NOED nerf and such.

  • Why do people keep asking for decent perks to get nerfed?

    If only they had the same energy to ask for 90% of perks to get buffed. Considering most of the perks are basically useless or niche.

  • When survivors get some more viable perks, sure

  • Probably when noed gets nerfed

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    I can't see dead hard getting a nerf, only a full rework.

    How would you nerf dead hard?

    My idea is that they remove the distance factor but keeps the invincibility frame.

    This keeps a dynamic between the survivor and killer of "when are they going to use it" but removes the ability of the survivor to gain distance with nothing the killer can do about it.

    Well, they could also make it "once per trial", like other top meta perks. It would be fair: one extra life per perk per trial.

  • @feruis said:

    Press one button and extend the chase with absolute zero counterplay, seems fair.

    1. Devour Hope
    2. Make Your Choice
    3. Haunted Ground
    4. Dragon's Grip
    5. NOED
    6. Just waiting out the dead hard
  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403931#Comment_2403931

    Thank you, now I'll know what to reply to people demanding NOED nerf and such.

    @HaunterofShadows said:

    Probably when noed gets nerfed

    I don't think it's best to compare noed to dead hard. Both may be second chance perks but they have really distinct differences.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403939#Comment_2403939

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404003#Comment_2404003

    I don't think it's best to compare noed to dead hard. Both may be second chance perks but they have really distinct differences.

    Yeah, noed is more reliable

  • It will probably get the Old Ruin treatment and receive a rework. It's a pretty unfair perks against new killers who don't understand how their hits are whiffing and it's very inconsistent due to server issues.

  • So, we are shooting for 75% Kill rate?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403939#Comment_2403939

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404003#Comment_2404003

    I don't think it's best to compare noed to dead hard. Both may be second chance perks but they have really distinct differences.

    Yeah one of those perk rewards no skill individuals... 😏

  • So are you okay with nerfing NOED too ?

  • @stikyard said:

    So, we are shooting for 75% Kill rate?

    On this forum anything below 100% is unacceptable. To be perfectly fair some people here even find ways to complain about 4ks.

  • Imagine killers not crying about everything and getting good

  • the distance dead hard gives is the most BS thing ever.

    Almost downed a survivor but they extended the chase for another 40 seconds because they ######### pressed E at a pallet


    such a fair perk imagine if coup de grace worked like that survivors would be crying for a nerf and it will be nerfed in 2 months

  • "If survivors have an ability to get extra life per every chase, at least give killers a perk which grants one instant down per chase too or something"

    They kind of already do in regression perks.

  • I find it amusing that players want to claim Dead Hard "extends" the distance of a chase, when ALL other exhaustion perks do the same exact thing, if not even better.

    Dead Hard which by DBD standards doesn't even work 100% of the time, and it's the only perk that requires you to be injured.

  • They want DH nerf. Okay. If they nerfed it sometime, killers will have to deal with SB gamers. SB is way more annoying, works 100% at the time, gets injured survivors out of dead zones into a loop. SB in good hands is way better than DH.

    You don't want DH nerf.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    They want DH nerf. Okay. If the nerfed it sometime, they will have to deal with SP gamers. SP is way more annoying, works 100% at the time, gets injured survivors out of dead zones into a loop. SP in good hands is way better than DH.

    You don't want DH nerf.

    What the hell is SP?

  • @ukenicky said:

    I mean, exposed perks exist. Killers just don't opt to use them too often because they focus on gen regression and game slowdown instead. Understandable as I never really run exposed perks myself as killer.

    Instantly downing survivors is actually the best counter to dead hard since they can't use it when they're healthy. Idk I just deal with DH. It's pesky at times but you literally can't nerf it without making it completely useless and I don't think trashing perks is ever a good idea.

    You wanna know what the problem is with expose perks.

    NOED - 50/50 you can get any value out of this perk

    Devour Hope - The totem gets cleansed before you get to 3 stacks

    Dragons Grip - Only way to get value out of this is to literally camp the gen

    MYC - High mobility killers are the only killers that get value out of this perk

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    I can't see dead hard getting a nerf, only a full rework.

    How would you nerf dead hard?

    My idea is that they remove the distance factor but keeps the invincibility frame.

    This keeps a dynamic between the survivor and killer of "when are they going to use it" but removes the ability of the survivor to gain distance with nothing the killer can do about it.

    Personally I don't think Dead Hard needs a nerf or rework, I think it needs a risk factor. The risk factor I would add to this is that survivors can't interact with windows or pallets for 2.5s or however long it takes killers to recover from a whiff attack.

  • @ukenicky said:

    I mean, exposed perks exist. Killers just don't opt to use them too often because they focus on gen regression and game slowdown instead. Understandable as I never really run exposed perks myself as killer.

    Instantly downing survivors is actually the best counter to dead hard since they can't use it when they're healthy. Idk I just deal with DH. It's pesky at times but you literally can't nerf it without making it completely useless and I don't think trashing perks is ever a good idea.

    That the thing the expose perk have a huge downside for the reward they provide compare to dead hard were you dont need to chamge the way you play at all you can even play with more greed because you have a free pass if you do a mistake

  • @SonicOffline said:

    Is it really that hard to just not press a mouse button until it gets used though?

    @fogdonkey said:

    No, because it needs no nerf.

    @CornHub said:

    No, it takes skill & player experience to know when to use it. That shouldn't be nerfed

    These comments are a blant disregard to the fact DH can be used for distance. It doesn't take skill to know when you miscalculated a loop, then press E for distance and reach pallet / vault. Let's not act like this isn't something new because this is what people are talking about, not dodging hits at point-blank range.

  • Why don't you just, you know... bait it out? /s

    I basically use DH without fail and know how good it is even though it bugs so much nowadays (it was actually A LOT more consistent via P2P).

    To be honest, it's just a matter of time. I imagine they'll nerf it by removing the invincibility but of course that doesn't really nerf the biggest problem with it. So either that or it'll probably get completely reworked, eventually. I won't lie though I'll miss using it. The Devs definitely take their time with these things though. Once it gets announced in a PTB it'll probably take at least another year for it to actually go through.

  • People seriously exaggerate how strong DH is...

    The perk is fine

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403902#Comment_2403902

    Well, they could also make it "once per trial", like other top meta perks. It would be fair: one extra life per perk per trial.

    That would make the perk utterly worthless.

  • @Clevernamegoeshere67 said:

    Dead Hard is only good at end game, of someone gets unhooked with the gate open. Any other time it's a waste to use. If someone used it on me with 4 gens I just decide to get rid of that person right then.

    So I don't have to worry about it end game. Gen rushing is the real issue. I can deal with 4 flashlights or 4 of the same survivor dressed exactly the same... Which I still think is stupid but whatever. But I see 4 toolboxes and I'm like oh boy this crap again.

    I think you're mixing up Dead Hard with the perk Decisive Strike.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I find it amusing that players want to claim Dead Hard "extends" the distance of a chase, when ALL other exhaustion perks do the same exact thing, if not even better.

    Dead Hard which by DBD standards doesn't even work 100% of the time, and it's the only perk that requires you to be injured.

    Any other perk requires a bit of risk and setup to use mid-chase. 99% of sprint burst users I see sprint away at the start of the killer finding them, which while it's a big deal, it isn't as much of a time sink as chasing a survivor for 15-20 seconds, hitting them. Continuing to chase for another 10-15 seconds and then they dead hard for distance(these times are extremely generous to the killer too). The time sink is much much larger with dead hard than any of the other exhaustion perks and they all require specific things whereas dead hard can be used at any tile. The only analogous thing is 99%'d sprint burst which means that you are contributing nothing to your team while you run around at 99% and try to get the killer to chase you.

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    I can't see dead hard getting a nerf, only a full rework.

    How would you nerf dead hard?

    My idea is that they remove the distance factor but keeps the invincibility frame.

    This keeps a dynamic between the survivor and killer of "when are they going to use it" but removes the ability of the survivor to gain distance with nothing the killer can do about it.

    I posted an idea to make Dead Hard less powerful by adding a fatigue mechanic.

    Currently, survivors can run endlessly without being winded (they only become exhausted after using an exhaustion perk).

    The fatigue mechanic still lets survivors run around endlessly, but it puts a time limit on their exhaustion perks; they cannot use exhaustion perks while winded, and they become winded when their stamina runs out. Stamina can be regained by walking, crouching, hiding in a locker, and standing still.

    The point of fatigue is to prevent the survivor from running the killer for a marathon, using Dead Hard to get to that next pallet/window, and then extending the chase for another marathon afterwards.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403914#Comment_2403914

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403924#Comment_2403924

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403931#Comment_2403931

    These comments are a blant disregard to the fact DH can be used for distance. It doesn't take skill to know when you miscalculated a loop, then press E for distance and reach pallet / vault. Let's not act like this isn't something new because this is what people are talking about, not dodging hits at point-blank range.

    This comment ignores that after this post i commented on baiting it as a wraith main with the invisibility, which gives me a massive speed boost.


    Distance my ass.

  • @Carth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404182#Comment_2404182

    Any other perk requires a bit of risk and setup to use mid-chase. 99% of sprint burst users I see sprint away at the start of the killer finding them, which while it's a big deal, it isn't as much of a time sink as chasing a survivor for 15-20 seconds, hitting them. Continuing to chase for another 10-15 seconds and then they dead hard for distance(these times are extremely generous to the killer too). The time sink is much much larger with dead hard than any of the other exhaustion perks and they all require specific things whereas dead hard can be used at any tile. The only analogous thing is 99%'d sprint burst which means that you are contributing nothing to your team while you run around at 99% and try to get the killer to chase you.

    The thing with Sprint Burst is that it protects you from being in a bad spot, a lot of gens are like that, not having good loops near them, SB allows you to run away towards a good loop.

    The risk of DH is the fact that i can only be used while injured, which means insta downs are a fatal weakness of the perk, and it wont always save you, people seriously overestimate how strong the perk is.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404222#Comment_2404222

    This comment ignores that after this post i commented on baiting it as a wraith main with the invisibility, which gives me a massive speed boost.

    Distance my ass.

    You don't "bait" ded hard unless the survivor is bad and they panic and use it.


    Smart survivors will use it to get that extra distance to a pallet and slam it.

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    I can't see dead hard getting a nerf, only a full rework.

    How would you nerf dead hard?

    My idea is that they remove the distance factor but keeps the invincibility frame.

    This keeps a dynamic between the survivor and killer of "when are they going to use it" but removes the ability of the survivor to gain distance with nothing the killer can do about it.

    Replace the animation with a parkour roll and remove the distance. Easy.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    Is it really that hard to just not press a mouse button until it gets used though?

    Lmao people still use this argument? Are we still pretending that dead hard isn't mostly used for distance? What do you do if someone uses it for distance to a safe pallet or vault? You just get completely outplayed.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403914#Comment_2403914

    Lmao people still use this argument? Are we still pretending that dead hard isn't mostly used for distance? What do you do if someone uses it for distance to a safe pallet or vault? You just get completely outplayed.

    Lmao are you pretending it isn't an argument? Are you really trying to just sidestep the question?

  • @Carth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404182#Comment_2404182

    Any other perk requires a bit of risk and setup to use mid-chase. 99% of sprint burst users I see sprint away at the start of the killer finding them, which while it's a big deal, it isn't as much of a time sink as chasing a survivor for 15-20 seconds, hitting them. Continuing to chase for another 10-15 seconds and then they dead hard for distance(these times are extremely generous to the killer too). The time sink is much much larger with dead hard than any of the other exhaustion perks and they all require specific things whereas dead hard can be used at any tile. The only analogous thing is 99%'d sprint burst which means that you are contributing nothing to your team while you run around at 99% and try to get the killer to chase you.

    @Carth

    Dead Hard requires you to be injured, which that is a risk in and of itself. You are one hit from a down.

    The so called "requirements" for the other perks can also hardly be called requirements because most of the time if you are running those perks, you will position yourself nearby the so called "requirement" (window, hill, etc).

    At this point I think you only hate Dead Hard because you are looking at it from a chase stand point, rather than ALSO looking at those specific scenarios where the other exhaustion perks also would cause a time sink. Imagine someone having a POP stack and the Sprint Burst survivor has it ready ( which in most cases they are) so therefore they commit to a gen before running to a safe area. So not only did you lose a pop stack, a possible down, but probably ALSO a gen on another side. That is even more powerful than Dead Hard could ever be in that situation.

    Let's continue to dissect this perk though via singular scenarios that you know, only affect THAT perk.

‹ 1 2 3