Will Dead Hard nerf ever see the light of the day?

Seriously, it's ridiculous how this perk just gives survivors not one, not two, but several extra lives per game! It's a second chance perk, like DS, UB and BT, but if DS and UB only work once per trial, this "Press E to Win" nonsense can be used and abused basically every chase.

It's one of the most overpowered and unbalanced perks. If survivors have an ability to get extra life per every chase, at least give killers a perk which grants one instant down per chase too or something.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Mandy said:

    I don't really have a massive issue with Dead Hard when playing killer, I find SB to be a stronger perk in general tbh as it has a lot less downsides than Dead Hard - you can use it whenever for example and don't need to be injured. Dead Hard when not injured against an insta down killer (or NOED) is effectively useless.

    I also don't hold the argument that it rewards survivors for messing up, because most survivors who use Dead Hard for the distance don't actually mess up but know they're running Dead Hard so know they can get an extra speed boost to the pallet/window etc and to me, if they'd had another exhaustion perk (not including Head On in that) they'd have already made that distance anyway because they would have been ahead at the start of the chase.

    Agree with this except when you end up making up for the distance of SB there's no liabilities to a good mind game. Playing against a dead hard might be believing you won a mindgame and mispositioning because you believe you got this to get robbed of it by a dead hard for distance to reach a god pallet and make it into another loop.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    the distance dead hard gives is the most BS thing ever.

    Almost downed a survivor but they extended the chase for another 40 seconds because they ######### pressed E at a pallet

    such a fair perk imagine if coup de grace worked like that survivors would be crying for a nerf and it will be nerfed in 2 months

    Some people likes to pretend broken perks like this aren't an issue, when in reality its a free "get out of jail card" with no effort required.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404485#Comment_2404485

    I never said it was counterable or not that strong. I just said if you bait it then they don't have it.

    You cant bait DH for distance how did you not understand that?

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407915#Comment_2407915

    You cant bait DH for distance how did you not understand that?

    I'm not understanding the complaint. Holding w is distance. Does chasing somebody mean they're gaining distance?

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408348#Comment_2408348

    I'm not understanding the complaint. Holding w is distance. Does chasing somebody mean they're gaining distance?

    Okay think of this you are closing in on a survivor but you aren't within swing distance but you will catch them before they make it too the next pallet/window so they also realize this but they press their E key and now they make it and extend the chase by who knows how long. So can you tell me how that's baitable?

  • I play both sides and i do not have a problem with Dead Hard, i use it and it is a good perk. if i am playing as killer i wait it out for them to use it and most of the time i get them down.

    Half of the time it never works for me because i always seem to use it the same time as the killer is about to land a hit and they get me down..

  • There’s no point, people will just use sprint burst instead.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407990#Comment_2407990

    Honestly sick of these crying replies

    Baby killers on these forums tell me constantly that the perks I use EVERY DAY are "too hard to get use out of"

    Get gud, that is literally the solution to your problem

    you didn't even try to prove me wrong lmao

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408384#Comment_2408384

    Okay think of this you are closing in on a survivor but you aren't within swing distance but you will catch them before they make it too the next pallet/window so they also realize this but they press their E key and now they make it and extend the chase by who knows how long. So can you tell me how that's baitable?

    It's baitable by pressing M1 super late. Imagine you're in a corn field, and they have nothing to hide behind except the generator. They use it out in the open to get away from you, when they assume you're gonna strike because you got close enough.


    How is intentionally not swinging, knowing they will use DH, not considered baiting? Just because it doubles as a boon for the survivor to get to some form of cover doesn't mean it wasn't baited.

  • Dead hard is stupidly easy to play around and it's inferior to any other exhaust perk. It has its niche and I rarely see it used as a Rank 2 Killer. There is no need to nerf something that's already weak.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408392#Comment_2408392

    It's baitable by pressing M1 super late. Imagine you're in a corn field, and they have nothing to hide behind except the generator. They use it out in the open to get away from you, when they assume you're gonna strike because you got close enough.

    How is intentionally not swinging, knowing they will use DH, not considered baiting? Just because it doubles as a boon for the survivor to get to some form of cover doesn't mean it wasn't baited.

    Okay these are 2 very different uses of dead hard one is hoping the killer f*cks up and the other is legitimately uncounterable. I commented about how dead hard FOR DISTANCE had no counter play and you told me to just bait it out. Smart survivors aren't gonna get caught in a dead zone unless they have literally nowhere else to go, which means either the map royally screwed them over or they messed up what gens to do, so yes dead hard in a dead zone can be baited out but if the survivor has a few brain cells that's not how its gonna be used unless as a last resort.

  • DH's distance should be nerfed and it's ability to dodge a hit needs to be buffed imo

  • You didn't have anything to disprove, you just whined about how hard it supposedly is to use these god tier perks because you can't play killer

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409720#Comment_2409720

    Okay these are 2 very different uses of dead hard one is hoping the killer f*cks up and the other is legitimately uncounterable. I commented about how dead hard FOR DISTANCE had no counter play and you told me to just bait it out. Smart survivors aren't gonna get caught in a dead zone unless they have literally nowhere else to go, which means either the map royally screwed them over or they messed up what gens to do, so yes dead hard in a dead zone can be baited out but if the survivor has a few brain cells that's not how its gonna be used unless as a last resort.

    Thank you for admitting Dead Hard can be baited. Now you will eventually realize how to do this in most situations, and force it onto a cooldown under some form of condition you can control. Let's not talk about indoors, where you can either push them to use it to get to a pallet, which is a new mind game where you bait the pallet drop, or you could possibly force them to a window where you can now start playing the Window mind games, or to a corner that leads nowhere, etc. etc.


    It's amazing what happens when you realize "It's ok to drop chase for two seconds, and let DH just be on cooldown."

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404222#Comment_2404222

    This comment ignores that after this post i commented on baiting it as a wraith main with the invisibility, which gives me a massive speed boost.

    Distance my ass.

    Too easy, here's the quote:


    "On baiting it as a wraith main with the invisibility, which gives me a massive speed boost."

    You implied that Wraith is the go-to / effective strategy against DH. Therefore, from what I'm getting from this, I must play Wraith to counter DH. You never offered other solutions against DH for distance, just your "Wraith beats DH for distance counterpoint" — which is flawed because all killers should have natural counterplay against DH for distance that doesn't involve playing Wraith.

  • Maybe something like the player cant use any vaults or pallets for 3 seconds after using DH? The main issue is that it extends the chase because the user can reach a new loop. I think something like this could be the direction to go for

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404299#Comment_2404299

    Too easy, here's the quote:

    "On baiting it as a wraith main with the invisibility, which gives me a massive speed boost."

    You implied that Wraith is the go-to / effective strategy against DH. Therefore, from what I'm getting from this, I must play Wraith to counter DH. You never offered other solutions against DH for distance, just your "Wraith beats DH for distance counterpoint" — which is flawed because all killers should have natural counterplay against DH for distance that doesn't involve playing Wraith.

    So you're taking something I said out of context and twisting it to fit your narrative. Where did I say that Wraith was the counter? You said I said that.


    -[edit]-

    Let me be clear, I am not responsible for what you interpret. I am responsible for what I say. And I did not say that Wrath was the counter to Dead Hard. I just said how I handle it. If you really want to split hairs though:


    Huntress, Demodoggo, Nemesis, Freddy, Conehead, Slinger, Nurse, Hag, Doctor, Clown, Plague, Legion,, Blight, Victor and Trickster all can directly respond to it using their powers, too.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404964#Comment_2404964

    It takes 20 seconds to open a gate. I doubt 3 extra seconds is like difference between opening a gate or not opening a gate.

    Still gotta get out the gate

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409997#Comment_2409997

    So you're taking something I said out of context and twisting it to fit your narrative. Where did I say that Wraith was the counter? You said I said that.

    -[edit]-

    Let me be clear, I am not responsible for what you interpret. I am responsible for what I say. And I did not say that Wrath was the counter to Dead Hard. I just said how I handle it. If you really want to split hairs though:

    Huntress, Demodoggo, Nemesis, Freddy, Conehead, Slinger, Nurse, Hag, Doctor, Clown, Plague, Legion,, Blight, Victor and Trickster all can directly respond to it using their powers, too.

    What do you expect me and others to believe when you praise that Wraith is your go-to strategy? This is going to make me and others think you're implying that DH is fine because you have Wraith to counter it.

    If you read out quote history, this is essentially what can be interpreted:

    You: "Just bait it out"

    Me: "Doesn't work against DH for distance"

    You: "I have Wraith to counter DH for distance"

    Me: "So, your point is for me to play Wraith to counter DH for distance?"

    You: "Uh, no, quote where I said that"

    Me: "But you just said that you use Wraith to counter DH for distance, which is just one killer who can hard counter DH for distance"

    You: "Now you're twisting what I said to fit your narrative? Here's other killers who can do the same thing to counter."

    Me [RIGHT NOW]: "No, you ONLY mentioned Wraith against my argument that DH for distance has barely any counterplay. So in my eyes, you implied that Wraith is the ONLY solution since that's all you meantioned, which isn't healthy for the game."

    If you look at the quote history, you would know why I interpreted the way I did.

    Another thing I want to bring up, if you so claim that DH can be countered by the entire killer roster — Why do survivors still use it? Just want to hear your reasoning behind that.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410017#Comment_2410017

    What do you expect me and others to believe when you praise that Wraith is your go-to strategy? This is going to make me and others think you're implying that DH is fine because you have Wraith to counter it.

    If you read out quote history, this is essentially what can be interpreted:

    You: "Just bait it out"

    Me: "Doesn't work against DH for distance"

    You: "I have Wraith to counter DH for distance"

    Me: "So, your point is for me to play Wraith to counter DH for distance?"

    You: "Uh, no, quote where I said that"

    Me: "But you just said that you use Wraith to counter DH for distance, which is just one killer who can hard counter DH for distance"

    You: "Now you're twisting what I said to fit your narrative? Here's other killers who can do the same thing to counter."

    Me [RIGHT NOW]: "No, you ONLY mentioned Wraith against my argument that DH for distance has barely any counterplay. So in my eyes, you implied that Wraith is the ONLY solution since that's all you meantioned, which isn't healthy for the game."

    If you look at the quote history, you would know why I interpreted the way I did.

    Another thing I want to bring up, if you so claim that DH can be countered by the entire killer roster — Why do survivors still use it? Just want to hear your reasoning behind that.

    Ok. I said Wraith was the counter. You're right. 🙃


    And survivors still use it because it's still a mixup.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410117#Comment_2410117

    Ok. I said Wraith was the counter. You're right. 🙃

    And survivors still use it because it's still a mixup.

    It's probably best that we end the discussion here because it's not going anywhere meaningful. Looking at your quote history here with others, it seems like you don't want to discuss why DH is powerful and just use cherry picked arguments to fit your narrative.

    Have a great day!

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410120#Comment_2410120

    It's probably best that we end the discussion here because it's not going anywhere meaningful. Looking at your quote history here with others, it seems like you don't want to discuss why DH is powerful and just use cherry picked arguments to fit your narrative.

    Have a great day!

    Sorry for having thought out why I think it's a bad perk. 🤷‍♂️

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409876#Comment_2409876

    Thank you for admitting Dead Hard can be baited. Now you will eventually realize how to do this in most situations, and force it onto a cooldown under some form of condition you can control. Let's not talk about indoors, where you can either push them to use it to get to a pallet, which is a new mind game where you bait the pallet drop, or you could possibly force them to a window where you can now start playing the Window mind games, or to a corner that leads nowhere, etc. etc.

    It's amazing what happens when you realize "It's ok to drop chase for two seconds, and let DH just be on cooldown."

    Yeah just drop chase when you otherwise would have had a down that's sometimes the correct choice but being able to force a killer to break chase is incredibly powerful. You can play around it the best you can but that will only get you so far, sometimes you just really need a down to win a game and dead hard can deny that with the press of the E key. Not too mention say you do drop chase and let DH be on cooldown who's to say they wont have it back by the time you go them later then you go through the same process you can't just say "well just drop chase if they use DH to a pallet" that's a very easy way to lose a massive amount of pressure against a good team.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410117#Comment_2410117

    Ok. I said Wraith was the counter. You're right. 🙃

    And survivors still use it because it's still a mixup.

    i'm a wraith main and this doesn't make sense to me. You can bait DH as Wraith by clicking M2 (first seconds of the bell animation look like he's about to hit and many fall for it in the heat of the moment). But how do you counter DH for distance? A good survivor will not use DH while youre cloaked, there is no reason, and if you mean the speed boost afterwards, if they time DH right they will just dodge you. Also, that's not exactly a "DH for distance" situation. No one will DH for distance while you're cloaked, they can just position themselves while youre uncloaking.

  • I don’t know why people say the distance should he shortened. It probably seems long because killers are swinging as the survivor dead hards.


    If you just bait it out and that’s if pallets or windows are no where near, you can down them in 2 seconds.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I don’t know why people say the distance should he shortened. It probably seems long because killers are swinging as the survivor dead hards.

    If you just bait it out and that’s if pallets or windows are no where near, you can down them in 2 seconds.

    Try baiting DH when it's being used to gain distance at a loop

  • Imo dead hard should either be invincibility frames or distance, not both. However they should fix exhausted on the ground first

  • Imo dead hard should either be invincibility frames or distance, not both. However they should fix exhausted on the ground first

  • @solidhex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410120#Comment_2410120

    i'm a wraith main and this doesn't make sense to me. You can bait DH as Wraith by clicking M2 (first seconds of the bell animation look like he's about to hit and many fall for it in the heat of the moment). But how do you counter DH for distance? A good survivor will not use DH while youre cloaked, there is no reason, and if you mean the speed boost afterwards, if they time DH right they will just dodge you. Also, that's not exactly a "DH for distance" situation. No one will DH for distance while you're cloaked, they can just position themselves while youre uncloaking.

    I spam M2 to annoy people and set up a frame trap. They don't know if I'm gonna continue into stealth or not until I actually do it, and the punishment for cancelling stealth is only like ~1 second before you can swing. That ~1 second is an eternity, yes, but that's one eternity less than also swinging and missing and not being able to do things as efficiently.


    -[edit]-

    Also, just clarifying, I hope you picked up on I was being facetious with my response to gilgamer.

  • @Junylar said:

    Seriously, it's ridiculous how this perk just gives survivors not one, not two, but several extra lives per game! It's a second chance perk, like DS, UB and BT, but if DS and UB only work once per trial, this "Press E to Win" nonsense can be used and abused basically every chase.

    It's one of the most overpowered and unbalanced perks. If survivors have an ability to get extra life per every chase, at least give killers a perk which grants one instant down per chase too or something.

    Coup de Grâce is a Teachable Perk unique to The Twins . It can be unlocked for all other Characters from Level 40 onwards: Perk descriptions may vary from in-game descriptions for reasons explained here.Perks support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may tempor

    You welcome.

  • So having one lunge, which doesn't even insta-down, per lost gen is the same as one extra life per chase? This perk was also nerfed to the grave since PTB, if you haven't heard, while DH has been untouched since release.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/270674/will-dead-hard-nerf-ever-see-the-light-of-the-day

    What's ridiculous is how often you get hit mid animation and go down, exhausted on the ground, and killers constantly complain about a perk that works at best half the time. Imagine if it actually worked. Imagine if BBQ only worked half the time. Can't you just be happy they destroyed DS? Or do you not think survivors should have perks at all?

    No idea what you're even going on about killers have the priority on hits and survivors have priority on pallet stuns. Seems perfectly balanced

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404397#Comment_2404397

    That doesn't help anymore. Yesterday I had 5 occasions where I hit them with basic quick attack, and 5 times they dead harded through that. Especially with that tech that allows a survivor to dead hard straight through the killer. You are literally at his butt, you click M1 (not lunging), and he is instantly behind you without getting hit. How do you counter that?

    You gotta have some patience lmao. Only time someone effectively uses deadhard against me in the open is if I get greedy and lunge. Literally just kiss them and if they don't dh moments after they will get exhausted on ground even if they time it

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409720#Comment_2409720

    Okay these are 2 very different uses of dead hard one is hoping the killer f*cks up and the other is legitimately uncounterable. I commented about how dead hard FOR DISTANCE had no counter play and you told me to just bait it out. Smart survivors aren't gonna get caught in a dead zone unless they have literally nowhere else to go, which means either the map royally screwed them over or they messed up what gens to do, so yes dead hard in a dead zone can be baited out but if the survivor has a few brain cells that's not how its gonna be used unless as a last resort.

    Learn to zone people properly into deadzones

1 2 3 ›