Ruined Kate

Shes so ugly...I REALLY thought you'd see the NUMEROUS complaints about Kate Denson's facial rework and actually change it before release but ofc not...shes so bad now and I have almost all her cosmetics too...now the only way I can even play her is with the greek outfit since it hides her face...can I just refund her :/

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388130#Comment_2388130

    A) Because you asked for a refund, and I gave an answer to that. Also to share my opinion- because hello, public gaming forum here- that it doesn't look bad.

    B) Why should anyone value yours?

    You didn't answer my question lol.

    Because as a consumer who bought a product which was turned into something else for literally no reason I should get some form of compensation for buying a falsely advertised product.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388130#Comment_2388130

    A) Because you asked for a refund, and I gave an answer to that. Also to share my opinion- because hello, public gaming forum here- that it doesn't look bad.

    B) Why should anyone value yours?

    Now why are you so mad and angry someone doesn't like the new Kate? Did you model her yourself?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388067#Comment_2388067

    Where's the- where's the hypocrisy??

    So you don't see the hypocrisy in demanding your opinion be heard and your dislike of something compensated, while in the same breath dismissing anyone who disagrees with you? Lmfao

    It's like buying a PS4 controller and receiving an xbox controller if you also have an xbox.

    No, it's like buying a PS4 controller and receiving a PS4 controller. After a while this PS4 controller is upgraded to a newer model, which functions but you don't like the change, however the previous models aren't sold anymore. Is it amazing? No. Is it the end of the world and you should demand compensation from Sony? Also no.

    I also don't see why people being angry over her change is such a taboo thing to you.

    I'm not angry over you disliking her change. I'm "angry" over you asking for a refund and then demanding compensation over your opinion.

    You're a Kate main so I don't expect Einstein but come on, this isn't that complicated.

    @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388077#Comment_2388077

    naw. it's seriously just a bit of coloring not done too well. She looks fine. You should use this energy advocating to separate headcosmetics from torso/leg cosmetics in linked sets.

    I'm not out here trying to demand a refund, because I know we're not going to get a refund, that's wasted breath/typing. But her new face is bad, and people have every right to be unhappy with it.

    Cosmetics exist for their appearance only. People buy cosmetics because of how they look. So, when the way those cosmetics look are changed, then the entire reason the person bought them has been taken away. The point of this isn't to say, "We deserve a refund." The point of this is to say that cosmetics' appearances shouldn't be heavily changed. That includes faces on head cosmetics.

    Just because BHVR can change something doesn't mean they should. When something exists specifically for its appearance, and people buy it specifically for that appearance, it feels like a breach of trust when that appearance is changed post-purchase.


    @Rogue11 said:

    The devs literally stated in the update that the goal was for "the updated versions of each Survivor are as similar as possible to ones you know and love". With that being the stated goal, I think criticism is justified given how much Kate's face and expression are changed.

    Original:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ROMDLLLPN4C5/image.png

    Live:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/G0NFHHQTECCC/image.png

    Eyes are narrowed, nostrils flared, eyebrows angled. All this changes her expression from slightly smiling, calm "hopeful songbird", to various degrees of annoyed/angry.

    I'm not asking for the devs to revert the changes. I just want them to do what they said was their stated goal.

    ^ This. This is what I want. I want Kate's updated face to be more similar to the original; I want it to feel like the same person. This new Kate is older and angrier and is not faithful to her original design and personality.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388132#Comment_2388132

    You didn't answer my question lol.

    Because as a consumer who bought a product which was turned into something else for literally no reason I should get some form of compensation for buying a falsely advertised product.

    Yes, I funnily enough did. I answered why I commented and countered with a question to your second.

    You have no reason to value my opinion, however nobody has any reason to value yours either. That's the joys of opinions.

    Because as a consumer who bought a product which was turned into something else for literally no reason I should get some form of compensation for buying a falsely advertised product.

    You bought the product. You recieved the product as advertised. The devs later changed the product slightly, as you gave them consent to do as you do not own this product, but simply recieve a license to utilise it, however that doesn't change the time sunk into the product pre-change and doesn't count as false advertising.

    You're grasping at so many straws here you've probably saved about 3 turtles.

    @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388132#Comment_2388132

    Now why are you so mad and angry someone doesn't like the new Kate? Did you model her yourself?

    The thing I'm quote on quote "angry" about is you demanding a refund, or any form of compensation, because you don't like the product.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388084#Comment_2388084

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388085#Comment_2388085

    I'm not out here trying to demand a refund, because I know we're not going to get a refund, that's wasted breath/typing. But her new face is bad, and people have every right to be unhappy with it.

    Cosmetics exist for their appearance only. People buy cosmetics because of how they look. So, when the way those cosmetics look are changed, then the entire reason the person bought them has been taken away. The point of this isn't to say, "We deserve a refund." The point of this is to say that cosmetics' appearances shouldn't be heavily changed. That includes faces on head cosmetics.

    Just because BHVR can change something doesn't mean they should. When something exists specifically for its appearance, and people buy it specifically for that appearance, it feels like a breach of trust when that appearance is changed post-purchase.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388086#Comment_2388086

    ^ This. This is what I want. I want Kate's updated face to be more similar to the original; I want it to feel like the same person. This new Kate is older and angrier and is not faithful to her original design and personality.

    Worded it PERFECTLY!!!!!

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388084#Comment_2388084

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388085#Comment_2388085

    I'm not out here trying to demand a refund, because I know we're not going to get a refund, that's wasted breath/typing. But her new face is bad, and people have every right to be unhappy with it.

    Cosmetics exist for their appearance only. People buy cosmetics because of how they look. So, when the way those cosmetics look are changed, then the entire reason the person bought them has been taken away. The point of this isn't to say, "We deserve a refund." The point of this is to say that cosmetics' appearances shouldn't be heavily changed. That includes faces on head cosmetics.

    Just because BHVR can change something doesn't mean they should. When something exists specifically for its appearance, and people buy it specifically for that appearance, it feels like a breach of trust when that appearance is changed post-purchase.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388086#Comment_2388086

    ^ This. This is what I want. I want Kate's updated face to be more similar to the original; I want it to feel like the same person. This new Kate is older and angrier and is not faithful to her original design and personality.

    I'm not out here trying to demand a refund, because I know we're not going to get a refund, that's wasted breath/typing. But her new face is bad, and people have every right to be unhappy with it.

    Oh you can be as unhappy as you want, I don't care, it's your opinion. Provided you recognise that other people have the right to like the change, and demanding a refund because of your opinion while ignoring the opinions of others really ain't it chief, we have no issues here.

    Cosmetics exist for their appearance only. People buy cosmetics because of how they look. So, when the way those cosmetics look are changed, then the entire reason the person bought them has been taken away. The point of this isn't to say, "We deserve a refund." The point of this is to say that cosmetics' appearances shouldn't be heavily changed. That includes faces on head cosmetics.

    To do with cosmetics yeah I kinda agree but again, you allow BHVR to do exactly this because you agree to their EULA while playing DBD. It's not the most saintly move but it should've been expected because of that clause.

    To do with Kate herself, not entirely because some purchase her for perks and some just to have all survivors.

    Just because BHVR can change something doesn't mean they should.

    This one I agree to, and had they made her closer to the original I still would probably like it while allowing them to have their higher-poly models with animated, more experessive features.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Shes so ugly...I REALLY thought you'd see the NUMEROUS complaints about Kate Denson's facial rework and actually change it before release but ofc not...shes so bad now and I have almost all her cosmetics too...now the only way I can even play her is with the greek outfit since it hides her face...can I just refund her :/

    All they did was basically remove some eyeliner from some headpieces, otherwise it looks like an improvement

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388140#Comment_2388140

    Yes, I funnily enough did. I answered why I commented and countered with a question to your second.

    You have no reason to value my opinion, however nobody has any reason to value yours either. That's the joys of opinions.

    Because as a consumer who bought a product which was turned into something else for literally no reason I should get some form of compensation for buying a falsely advertised product.

    You bought the product. You recieved the product as advertised. The devs later changed the product slightly, as you gave them consent to do as you do not own this product, but simply recieve a license to utilise it, however that doesn't change the time sunk into the product pre-change and doesn't count as false advertising.

    You're grasping at so many straws here you've probably saved about 3 turtles.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388144#Comment_2388144

    As I've repeated over and over in this thread already, I don't really give a ######### about your opinion on the characters. The thing I'm quote on quote "angry" about is you demanding a refund, or any form of compensation, because you don't like the product.

    It wasn't a slight change she looks completely different now you literally cannot deny that. Never did they say "We are changing Kate Denson." UNTIL they had already committed to changing her. We have a right to be angry and pissed off just like you have a right to love the new rework. Cool you like it but I and many others don't in any way!

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388161#Comment_2388161

    It wasn't a slight change she looks completely different now you literally cannot deny that. Never did they say "We are changing Kate Denson." UNTIL they had already committed to changing her. We have a right to be angry and pissed off just like you have a right to love the new rework. Cool you like it but I and many others don't in any way!

    It wasn't a slight change she looks completely different now you literally cannot deny that. Never did they say "We are changing Kate Denson." UNTIL they had already committed to changing her. We have a right to be angry and pissed off just like you have a right to love the new rework. Cool you like it but I and many others don't in any way!

    And we agree on this point so idk what point you're making here. I've said so many times this isn't the part I'm arguing with you about.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388184#Comment_2388184

    It wasn't a slight change she looks completely different now you literally cannot deny that. Never did they say "We are changing Kate Denson." UNTIL they had already committed to changing her. We have a right to be angry and pissed off just like you have a right to love the new rework. Cool you like it but I and many others don't in any way!

    And we agree on this point so idk what point you're making here. I've said so many times this isn't the part I'm arguing with you about.

    Then why argue? What does it matter to you if I want compensation or at least SOMETHING to confirm they know how we feel thats literally all I want. Idc if I get my money back but I at least want them to actually acknowledge how we feel on the topic.

  • It's pretty wild how they went ahead with Kate as she is when that was one of the most universal pieces of feedback on these forums I've ever seen. There were numerous topics about it and almost every single topic about the reworks mentioned how awful she was. I guess we ought to be happy that her in game animations aren't as demonic as they were on PTB at least but yeesh.

  • The mouth bugs me. The corners stay shut while the middle opens wider then the old one use to and it looks alien. The bone structure has changed and they eyes are small and don't look natural.

    Butchered.

  • @FeminineSlime said:

    It's pretty wild how they went ahead with Kate as she is when that was one of the most universal pieces of feedback on these forums I've ever seen. There were numerous topics about it and almost every single topic about the reworks mentioned how awful she was. I guess we ought to be happy that her in game animations aren't as demonic as they were on PTB at least but yeesh.

    I just wanna know why they changed her from the preview. At first I thought it was just differences due to animations but when you look closer they did change her model's details.

    Screenshot (155).png kate2-282-29.png


  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388189#Comment_2388189

    Then why argue? What does it matter to you if I want compensation or at least SOMETHING to confirm they know how we feel thats literally all I want. Idc if I get my money back but I at least want them to actually acknowledge how we feel on the topic.

    This I think is my main feeling on the topic. There have been literal months of negative feedback on this but it feels like they haven't even remotely acknowledged it and that just kind of reeks.

    Edit: You replied to another post of mine so I'll just edit a response to that in here. I did notice some small changes to the model, and the idle animation lets her close her mouth for a second but. They've got a few more iterations to go through before it's good. They also changed certain hair models for??? No reason. Like the Updo Bow hair from the rockabilly set, the back is just awful now.

  • Eh, I think she's alright, just gotta get used to change.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Eh, I think she's alright, just gotta get used to change.

    Let me ######### on your floor.. i am sure it will be annoying at first but you will get used to it and learn to live with it.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388248#Comment_2388248

    Let me ######### on your floor.. i am sure it will be annoying at first but you will get used to it and learn to live with it.

    Oh come on, it's not that bad. It could have been WAY worse.

  • @FeminineSlime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388202#Comment_2388202

    This I think is my main feeling on the topic. There have been literal months of negative feedback on this but it feels like they haven't even remotely acknowledged it and that just kind of reeks.

    Edit: You replied to another post of mine so I'll just edit a response to that in here. I did notice some small changes to the model, and the idle animation lets her close her mouth for a second but. They've got a few more iterations to go through before it's good. They also changed certain hair models for??? No reason. Like the Updo Bow hair from the rockabilly set, the back is just awful now.

    And the shade of brown on her brown hair looks very...off. I used to use it a lot cause its similar to my hair IRL but now it looks very weird.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388256#Comment_2388256

    Oh come on, it's not that bad. It could have been WAY worse.

    I don't think so. Solely because they really did change how she looks completely.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388259#Comment_2388259

    I don't think so. Solely because they really did change how she looks completely.

    She looks mostly the same facial-wise. I admit her expression in her idle animation isn't the best, but other than that Kate isn't bad.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388160#Comment_2388160

    I'm not out here trying to demand a refund, because I know we're not going to get a refund, that's wasted breath/typing. But her new face is bad, and people have every right to be unhappy with it.

    Oh you can be as unhappy as you want, I don't care, it's your opinion. Provided you recognise that other people have the right to like the change, and demanding a refund because of your opinion while ignoring the opinions of others really ain't it chief, we have no issues here.

    Cosmetics exist for their appearance only. People buy cosmetics because of how they look. So, when the way those cosmetics look are changed, then the entire reason the person bought them has been taken away. The point of this isn't to say, "We deserve a refund." The point of this is to say that cosmetics' appearances shouldn't be heavily changed. That includes faces on head cosmetics.

    To do with cosmetics yeah I kinda agree but again, you allow BHVR to do exactly this because you agree to their EULA while playing DBD. It's not the most saintly move but it should've been expected because of that clause.

    To do with Kate herself, not entirely because some purchase her for perks and some just to have all survivors.

    Just because BHVR can change something doesn't mean they should.

    This one I agree to, and had they made her closer to the original I still would probably like it while allowing them to have their higher-poly models with animated, more experessive features.

    you allow BHVR to do exactly this because you agree to their EULA while playing DBD. It's not the most saintly move but it should've been expected because of that clause.

    This is specifically what I'm referring to when I say "Just because BHVR can change something doesn't mean they should." Yeah, they can do it, but every customer who gave them money for cosmetics and doesn't like these changes just got burned. People have a long memory. Next time that player sees a cosmetic they like, before they press that "Purchase" button, they're going to remember how BHVR changed cosmetics they bought in the past.

    There needs to be a certain amount of trust between a company and its customers, and when BHVR does something like this it breaks that trust. People were trusting that, because a cosmetic's only purpose is to look a certain way, that look wouldn't be changed; customers were trusting BHVR to respect their purchase, and BHVR didn't.

    People are frustrated because they have no recourse, they have no access to the thing they originally bought; they only have access to this new changed version which isn't what they originally purchased. Frustration is to be expected.


    Maybe BHVR will continue to listen to the feedback and try to make characters' faces more faithful to the originals. I'm not hopeful or anything, but maybe they'll surprise me.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388172#Comment_2388172

    you allow BHVR to do exactly this because you agree to their EULA while playing DBD. It's not the most saintly move but it should've been expected because of that clause.

    This is specifically what I'm referring to when I say "Just because BHVR can change something doesn't mean they should." Yeah, they can do it, but every customer who gave them money for cosmetics and doesn't like these changes just got burned. People have a long memory. Next time that player sees a cosmetic they like, before they press that "Purchase" button, they're going to remember how BHVR changed cosmetics they bought in the past.

    There needs to be a certain amount of trust between a company and its customers, and when BHVR does something like this it breaks that trust. People were trusting that, because a cosmetic's only purpose is to look a certain way, that look wouldn't be changed; customers were trusting BHVR to respect their purchase, and BHVR didn't.

    People are frustrated because they have no recourse, they have no access to the thing they originally bought; they only have access to this new changed version which isn't what they originally purchased. Frustration is to be expected.

    Maybe BHVR will continue to listen to the feedback and try to make characters' faces more faithful to the originals. I'm not hopeful or anything, but maybe they'll surprise me.

    You know you messed up when the hopeful song bird mains aren't hopeful

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388264#Comment_2388264

    She looks mostly the same facial-wise. I admit her expression in her idle animation isn't the best, but other than that Kate isn't bad.

    I wish that were the case. She looks like a middle aged mother who has been through a divorce after finding her husband in a massage parlor.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Eh, I think she's alright, just gotta get used to change.

    We have all gotten use to the new ui but i can assure you that nobody LIKES it.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388267#Comment_2388267

    I wish that were the case. She looks like a middle aged mother who has been through a divorce after finding her husband in a massage parlor.

    I personally think it's an improvement but to each their own.

    I don't blame you for being upset, I didn't like the changes they made to my main Yui at first but looked at her more and actually grew onto the changes, and consider them to be improvements.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388248#Comment_2388248

    We have all gotten use to the new ui but i can assure you that nobody LIKES it.

    I found this poll from a month ago: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261364/hud

  • she looks so much better now.

  • Most of the new faces look terrible. As if the characters are swollen, all the faces look round and give the impression of being plastic dolls. It just looks cheap, I'm disappointed.


  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388067#Comment_2388067

    Where's the- where's the hypocrisy??

    So you don't see the hypocrisy in demanding your opinion be heard and your dislike of something compensated, while in the same breath dismissing anyone who disagrees with you? Lmfao

    It's like buying a PS4 controller and receiving an xbox controller if you also have an xbox.

    No, it's like buying a PS4 controller and receiving a PS4 controller. After a while this PS4 controller is upgraded to a newer model, which functions but you don't like the change, however the previous models aren't sold anymore. Is it amazing? No. Is it the end of the world and you should demand compensation from Sony? Also no.

    I also don't see why people being angry over her change is such a taboo thing to you.

    I'm not angry over you disliking her change. I'm "angry" over you asking for a refund and then demanding compensation over your opinion.

    You're a Kate main so I don't expect Einstein but come on, this isn't that complicated.

    Even if we imagine that the OP is 100% wrong, it's strange that you're being this aggressive about it. If they're wrong, let them be wrong. It's between them and BHVR.

  • Gonna pop in here as it got a little heated yesterday and remind people to keep it civil and respectful. As stated in the EULA, virtual goods cannot be refunded: https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula . Also noted in the EULA, if you purchased the character through DLC on a platform store (Steam, PSN, XBox, etc), they adhere to their own terms and conditions in regards to refunds.

    Because this is a live game, things are subject to change, and the Feedback area exists to bring these things to developer attention. There has been a lot of constructive feedback in regards to the Realm Beyond changes, and its appreciated everyone stopping in to let the team know what they like, and constructively dislike, about them.

  • I've been maining Kate since she got released... i hate the new Kate. R.I.P. my main.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388267#Comment_2388267

    I wish that were the case. She looks like a middle aged mother who has been through a divorce after finding her husband in a massage parlor.

    I was gonna say she looks more like Taylor Swift now, so the massage parlor thing lines up.

    @FeminineSlime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388202#Comment_2388202

    This I think is my main feeling on the topic. There have been literal months of negative feedback on this but it feels like they haven't even remotely acknowledged it and that just kind of reeks.

    Edit: You replied to another post of mine so I'll just edit a response to that in here. I did notice some small changes to the model, and the idle animation lets her close her mouth for a second but. They've got a few more iterations to go through before it's good. They also changed certain hair models for??? No reason. Like the Updo Bow hair from the rockabilly set, the back is just awful now.

    That's my problem. I think it's good that they showed us progress on the face models and listened to feedback (for at least some of them--people were spamming their twitter about David's eyebrows and they actually fixed them). But these extra surprise "fixes" to cosmetics we didn't need fixed, like changing the color palette for Nea's neon pigtail heads, removing makeup from Claudette's Karaoke Night head, or the lighter hair for David's Debt Collector head that's really bothering me. Why couldn't they give us a preview for those and take our feedback? Now we're stuck with cosmetics we earned/paid for that we wouldn't have gotten in their current state and being given legal jargon as a way to gloss over our concerns.

    After months of silence waiting on the Ashy Slashy puppet to be fixed, I can't be so confident that they'll rush to rectify these changes. I hope they actually are listening, but you never know sometimes.

  • @EQWashu said:

    Gonna pop in here as it got a little heated yesterday and remind people to keep it civil and respectful. As stated in the EULA, virtual goods cannot be refunded: https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula . Also noted in the EULA, if you purchased the character through DLC on a platform store (Steam, PSN, XBox, etc), they adhere to their own terms and conditions in regards to refunds.

    Because this is a live game, things are subject to change, and the Feedback area exists to bring these things to developer attention. There has been a lot of constructive feedback in regards to the Realm Beyond changes, and its appreciated everyone stopping in to let the team know what they like, and constructively dislike, about them.

    Honestly if they want to ignore us and not change anything you can just say that Id rather them actually say "We don't care we aren't changing Kate." then just stay in the dark about it :/

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2387894#Comment_2387894

    She literally looks like an angry 50 year old lol did you not see the MASSIVE backlash in the PTB feedback section when it was first revealed lol. Also, they've done refunds before and now seems like a perfectly fine time or at least compensation considering they completely changed a characters face. I paid for Kate Denson not Gertrude Haginson.

    I upvoted you just for 'Gertrude Haginson'

  • image.png

    That's a yikes D:

  • Euw. This is definitely the mark of someone who 1. doesn't understand hairstyles, and 2. should never be allowed to touch faces.

    I hate that they changed the hairstyles and hair colors on a bunch of cosmetics. They made so many things worse. Very rarely do people buy cosmetics because they don't like them and want them changed. No one asked for this.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2392788#Comment_2392788

    Euw. This is definitely the mark of someone who 1. doesn't understand hairstyles, and 2. should never be allowed to touch faces.

    I hate that they changed the hairstyles and hair colors on a bunch of cosmetics. They made so many things worse. Very rarely do people buy cosmetics because they don't like them and want them changed. No one asked for this.

    The reddit post of the image is currently over 50 upvotes. If that counts as "official feedback"...

    Update: Over 90 votes now

  • ty I was proud of myself for it

  • Just wanna add I think if we got THIS Kate rework people wouldn't even have minded as much as this does look more like what Kate is supposed to be then...whatever she is now...

    Screenshot (156).png


  • People are right to complain but you have some shoving EULA in their faces saying they don't care lol. You should care if they drastically change your character for example Jill or feng or my main quentin(i liked his old design tbf). They could've done a better job. Its more like a downgrade than an upgrade. Maybe they'll go back and update kate closer to the original but there's no guarantee.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    The devs literally stated in the update that the goal was for "the updated versions of each Survivor are as similar as possible to ones you know and love". With that being the stated goal, I think criticism is justified given how much Kate's face and expression are changed.

    Original:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ROMDLLLPN4C5/image.png

    Live:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/G0NFHHQTECCC/image.png

    Eyes are narrowed, nostrils flared, eyebrows angled. All this changes her expression from slightly smiling, calm "hopeful songbird", to various degrees of annoyed/angry.

    I'm not asking for the devs to revert the changes. I just want them to do what they said was their stated goal.

    All that looks different is they changed her makeup to have less opacity for some reason, especially on Eyeliner which i liked on Kate, how can you also not like the new hair? it moves way more now and better, like all the long hairs should

  • They RUINED feng min too!! She looks like an old angry man ######### like she looked so pretty before mained her from the beginning I’m so unhappy with how she looks :(

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388086#Comment_2388086

    All that looks different is they changed her makeup to have less opacity for some reason, especially on Eyeliner which i liked on Kate, how can you also not like the new hair? it moves way more now and better, like all the long hairs should

    image.png

    You really don't see any other changes? Her expression (animation) changed completely. I don't care how they fix it, whether it's makeup, model/animation tweaks, etc. She shouldn't look perma-angry. Give her back her original personality.

    I never mentioned hair in my complaints but I'll give my opinion on them. Regarding the hair changes, I like most of them. The one from the most recent rift with the red sunglasses looks a little botched in the update but that may be a bug.

    I dislike how much they lightened her brunette default hair recolor, from very dark almost black, to a medium brown shade. Also, her "dirty blonde" ponytail no longer has any blonde streaks. It's just brown now.

    Lastly, the changes to the Golden Cascade hair shown in the image above. I'm indifferent to the change. It wasn't my favorite style to begin with. However, I don't think BHVR should be drastically changing a hair that people purchased for cells. I would have rather seen them release it in a rift or just in the store as an option to purchase separately.

  • They really need to do something about Kate, i bought so many cosmetics for her and now i feel ripped off.

  • We need the old Kate back, but with improvements, it kinda annoys me that Kate received a full face rework.

  • @Kinguin22 said:

    We need the old Kate back, but with improvements, it kinda annoys me that Kate received a full face rework.

    Not even a good one at that

  • I agree. Id also like jill reverted back. She looks like a granny now.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388086#Comment_2388086

    All that looks different is they changed her makeup to have less opacity for some reason, especially on Eyeliner which i liked on Kate, how can you also not like the new hair? it moves way more now and better, like all the long hairs should

    I'm not sure what hair you're referring to but her default hair has literally the same physics as before. Maybe you were talking about a different hairstyle, I don't know.

1 2 ›