Is the DS nerf a tad too harsh?
As someone who plays survivor more than killer, make no mistake that I fully agree that decisive strike was far too powerful. The fact that you had the freedom to do whatever you wanted for 60 seconds was ridiculous because it punished even those killers that didn't tunnel.
Now I agree that decisive strike should be disabled if you're trying to repair generators, cleanse totems, unhook or heal others. But deactivating when trying to heal yourself? I think that's a tad much. I think it's great that DS finally works as a pure tunneling perk, but I think it should afford you the peace of mind to know that you can still heal yourself, especially considering that healing yourself is going to eat up almost half of the DS timer anyway.
Comments
If you have time to heal yourself, killer is not tunnelling you lol
If you have time to heal ANYONE, yourself included, do totems, do gens, or unhook someone; you're not being tunneled.
Why should you have immunity to being picked up if you decide to heal yourself?
I've had instances where I'll go clear across the other side of the map, start to heal myself, only to find out that the killer was tracking me the whole time and down me. And because I started the healing process, DS deactivated.
I don't know, I just thought that maybe it could allow survivors to do that much. But if it's still considered too powerful to let that pass then ok I guess.
Yeah this. I understand why DS nerfed but i kinda hated it. I can not annoy killers with it anymore.
It could happened by accident however. Lets say you get unhooked and the killer comes right back to tunnel. You get in a chase and accidently click the healing button, which has happened to me and other people I'm sure. So yeah I don't think healing yourself should deactivate ds, healing other yes.
Let me give you good build.
Inner + Any totem perk or map + DS + Head On
Clean one totem, you have free heal now. If killer is chasing you after you get unhooked, jump to locker. If he take you he will eat DS. If he will not take you, Inner will heal you. And then you can stun killer with Head On and now you have chance for escape. If killer is not tunnel you, you can still enter locker for heal. And you will keep your DS.
I hope this helps you because i am using builds like this. And they are working well.
Because you're not doing anything that benefits the team, only yourself. Again I just thought that maybe it could afford that much, but if it's still considered too powerful to let that pass then so be it.
Survivor Main here.
I don't use DS so I don't care what they do with it. Personally I rather they just delete it from the game so Killer Mains can stop complaining about it.
In short: If you're trying to heal yourself, you're not being tunneled.
It turns off when you begin to take any action that progresses the game. You can still heal through Second Wind or by entering a locker with Inner Strength, assuming you met the conditions for those to be ready, or by being healed by a teammate. There are options to heal while having DS up, or you can choose to forgo the DS in favor of healing yourself.
Isn't the self heal command disabled while running?
So how in the world do you accidentally self heal mid chase?
Were they tracking you the whole time or did they just run into you again?
DS was OP, and needed nerfed, but unfortunately the nerf made the game much less healthy. Tunnelling and camping has skyrocketed.
It's happened to me when I stopped running in loops waiting to see the next move, or when you I'm about drop a pallet. Mistakes happen at times. But keep in my mind it's only happened to me with med kits.
If you don't have time to stop and heal, you shouldn't have stopped to heal. Maybe look behind you next time? Dear God if this was the actual case people would stop to heal to bait DS.
I don't think the DS change affected the amount of campers or tunnelers. It only feels like more killers are tunneling because survivors have 1 less second chance perk.
Nah, there was definitely a big increase in tunnelling. And before killers if they killed someone after being unhooked, they’d respect the DS, now they almost never do. The game feels much nastier than it did before.
DS is fine.
I think a fine change would be it can be used twice. But current limits remain
Do you just show up in any thread and try to complain about tunneling and camping? Literally every reply I see from you is you trying to blame the thread topic on tunneling and camping.
DS needed changes(killer main bias here) but the lack of self heal is BS. Inner Strength and Second Wind don't disable DS. Sometimes you get unhooked with no BT and you get no heal, what are you supposed to do, walk around with a thumb up your butt for a minute? Or are you supposed to just go "oh well, wasted perk" and hop on a generator injured because your teammates frigged off?
Self-care+med kits should not disable DS.
Would the ability for DS to be used twice fix this?
What I don't understand is how healing yourself deactivates it but opening an exit gate does not.
I wouldn't be upset if these got swapped around. Healing yourself after reaching safety so that you have two health states would do more to discourage tunneling and buy you more time and healing yourself is also giving the killer time. You aren't doing gens or any objective you're just trying to stay alive longer. Seriously like I said it makes no sense to me that it isn't affected by opening an exit gate which is the literal definition of progressing the match to the end and yet healing, an optional side objective deactivates it.
So run DS if you don't want to be tunneled...?
I'll never understand the mentality of killers. Being able to heal yourself should be fine. You all act like stealth killers don't exist.
They nerfed it the wrong way.
I agree there's definitely been an uptick in tunnelers. Nobody respects DS anymore you can't even mindgame with it anymore. Given the increase in sweaty Wraith players and the DS nerf, it's been tunnel galore.
No. I don't even use DS. I definitely noticed the increase in tunnelers. Wraith players especially take advantage of the new DS mechanics to take out a DS-using player they are tunneling.
I still see lots of people take DS because they want to avoid the tunnel, but I see tons of killers tunneling now especially wraiths.
You've obviously never fought a cloaking tunneling killer that can get close to you with you not noticing after you run off a bit to heal.
That's nonsense.
Wraith can tunnel you without you knowing so the moment you heal he goes in for the kill.
Mmmm I think it should be the other way around- healing others shouldn’t remove DS. Healing yourself, yes. Safe hooks shouldn’t disable it either, IMO. If you’re in the killer’s terror radius, then ok.
According to Devs escape rates remained unchanged pre-nerf and nerf. Usage of DS dropped from 27% to 16%. Escapes remained at 49%
That's why i am not healing myself before get safe when i see killer is stealth killer.
I think it shouldnt have been 1 use anymore.
Do you just show up to make pointless snarky comments?
Dunno. As I said, I think DS needed nerfed, but the result hasn’t made the game better.
I do when I have it, but given how many perks there are, it’s quite hard when you’re trying to prestige your favourites.
That’s fine, but my experiences since haven’t been positive.
Come to find out they were tracking me the whole time. It was a Ghostface so I never heard the terror radius so I thought it was in the clear to heal, but lo and behold I wasn't. And since healing yourself doesn't do anything to benefit the team and isn't considered an objective, I think DS should at least guarantee you that.
How do you know that they were tracking you the whole time?
Honestly it was fair although I wish they considered making ds have 2 usages though
Nothing in the world is stopping you from playing somebody with DS until you have the BP and find it on your main, except for you.
Devs are stopping me with their awful blood web system.
As soon as I was unhooked, I ran to the other side of the map. Once there I didn't hear a terror radius so I figured I was safe to heal, but then Ghostface appeared out of nowhere around the corner and downed me. The killer just made sure that he got out of sight from the other survivors, activated his power, and just followed what was left of my scratch marks and blood trail.
I think the rework is perfectly fair as a pure anti-tunneling perk. The only thing I dislike is that it takes up a slot I could use for something truly fun and interesting instead of just being a base protection against forcing me out of the game prematurely.
You had to have known you were playing against Ghostface since you were already hooked. Which means you should know that not hearing a terror radius doesn't imply you are safe against a Ghostface.
Sounds to me like you should've gotten it on someone else while you farmed BP to find it on your main, but I don't blame others for my lack of foresight.
Yeah I’ll definitely play a character with no BP offerings or items, super efficient
Yeah I wholeheartedly agree with this. Because of the nerf that DS got, a lot of killers know that there's a good chance it won't be ran, so I've encountered more than my fair share of tunneling. Because of this I still find myself equipping it on the off chance that it does happen, even though I would much rather prefer to be using something else.
It's great if you're being tunneled, but if not its a waste of a perk slot.
Very true, and I'm not disputing that fact, but I wasn't running spine chill or any other detection perk to help aid with a stealth killer, so all I had to go off of was line of sight and a terror radius. Since I couldn't see him and since I heard no terror radius, I figured I was in the clear, but I obviously wasn't.
Yeah. I usually don't have it equipped in favor of fun perks, but there are times where I really wish I'd brought it.
I get that DS was unfair before, but now people are using it as an excuse to play unfair themselves and Behavior backs it. The only things I really think they can do at this point are to either add some DS-like base kit protection for survivors (which I doubt they'd do because it'd force them to take a stance against these tactics), or change things to disincentivize tunneling. I'd hope that if there was less to gain from doing it, we'd see a decline.
Helping yourself is also helping your team since the killer will take longer to down you.
For the people saying the escape rate remains the same pre and post nerf, you’re not proving that tunneling or camping hasn’t increased, you’re proving that DS didn’t need a change to affect kill/escape rates and that it was indeed always a rubbish perk to counter these play styles