Is the DS nerf a tad too harsh?

As someone who plays survivor more than killer, make no mistake that I fully agree that decisive strike was far too powerful. The fact that you had the freedom to do whatever you wanted for 60 seconds was ridiculous because it punished even those killers that didn't tunnel.

Now I agree that decisive strike should be disabled if you're trying to repair generators, cleanse totems, unhook or heal others. But deactivating when trying to heal yourself? I think that's a tad much. I think it's great that DS finally works as a pure tunneling perk, but I think it should afford you the peace of mind to know that you can still heal yourself, especially considering that healing yourself is going to eat up almost half of the DS timer anyway.

Comments

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2382771#Comment_2382771

    As soon as I was unhooked, I ran to the other side of the map. Once there I didn't hear a terror radius so I figured I was safe to heal, but then Ghostface appeared out of nowhere around the corner and downed me. The killer just made sure that he got out of sight from the other survivors, activated his power, and just followed what was left of my scratch marks and blood trail.

    Maybe he was wondering around and saw your scratch marks and followed them.

    Maybe he was wondering around and heard you healing and downed you.

    How are you so sure that the Ghostface was just tunnelling you?

  • @SweetTerror said:

    As someone who plays survivor more than killer, make no mistake that I fully agree that decisive strike was far too powerful. The fact that you had the freedom to do whatever you wanted for 60 seconds was ridiculous because it punished even those killers that didn't tunnel.

    Now I agree that decisive strike should be disabled if you're trying to repair generators, cleanse totems, unhook or heal others. But deactivating when trying to heal yourself? I think that's a tad much. I think it's great that DS finally works as a pure tunneling perk, but I think it should afford you the peace of mind to know that you can still heal yourself, especially considering that healing yourself is going to eat up almost half of the DS timer anyway.

    To answer the thread title: Nope. As a 50/50 player - if you have time to heal then you are not really being tunneled. DS to me has always been about giving survivors a second chance who were being tunneled off the hook.

  • If you have time to heal yourself or do a gen then. The killer is not tunnelling you so no the nerf was a good thing

1 2 ›