Until the Dc penalty is back I am refusing to play your game

My last 10 games survivors and killers keep dcing when they match isnt going their way and its causing my rank to somehow depip even tho i was doing something and not being idle. I dont know if its players crashing or purposely leaving the match so im not going to bother any longer until the penalties are back on the table. Thanks for the fun times Bhvr it was fun while it lasted and i truely hope your programmers get it fixed asap. Peace out

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369399#Comment_2369399

    How did you end up on the hook in the first place?

    In this case by another survivor

  • Assuming you don't mean that another survivor hooked you, it just sounds like you got screwed by a teammate. Happens all the time. What does that have to do with the killer?

  • I managed to get 4 killer adepts with all these DCing survivors lol

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368259#Comment_2368259

    For the most part I do still enjoy the game. I just think most of the new content like killers/maps added in the last year just aren't really fun to play on or against. It feels like they're out of ideas and just phoning it in.

    I don't DC as killer ever but if I get Hawkins or something against some insecure spirit with stacked slowdown I'm just going to boot up another game for the day.

    I'm sure if you notice that your rivals are noobs, you won't quit the game!

    they are just excuses!

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368257#Comment_2368257

    You do understand your team mates get ######### over as well right ? Your team mates who are actually trying to climb getting completely ######### over by babies who can't deal with getting caught first who just rage quit and ######### over everyone on their own team who might be actually working hard for their pips and isn't willing to just sacrifice 4 of them like you seem to be able to.

    There is nothing a killer can do in a game that compares to the toxicity of your team mate dcing.

    quite right!

  • I have over 100 cakes and I don't use them for continuous dc!

    @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Ugh, no. The dc penalty was the worst thing they ever added to this game.

    Why make fun and interactive killers or fair maps when you can half ass it and strongarm players into staying into matches they aren't enjoying.

    I have over 100 cakes and I don't use them for continuous dc!

  • I have over 100 cakes and I don't use them for continuous dc!

  • As someone who encounters a lot of people who DC I find penalizing DC kind of pointless considering the fact that you can easily suicide in this game. It is a form of "security theatre".

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368257#Comment_2368257

    Holy, why does this have 11 upvotes? Seriously? Are people in this community so egocentric they feel it's ok to waste the time of 4 other players because you don't like something? Go play a single player game, please.

    Where have you been? Many people think like this. Several times a day I see an over confident Nea trying to be like No0B3 and getting downed in 5 seconds and Dcing immediately.

  • Come on, you got a Spirit profile pic mate.

  • @Jago said:

    Come on, you got a Spirit profile pic mate.

    I dont just play spirit but ya most dcs are when i play her still that is not an excuse to dc

  • @GuyFawx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369577#Comment_2369577

    I dont just play spirit but ya most dcs are when i play her still that is not an excuse to dc

    Yeah sadly thats what happens. Slinger got a lot of success aswell.


    Honestly I think DC is fine. Its not a competitive ranked game.


    Instead, I think Bhvr should just create a system that :

    1)Replace the DC by a bot

    2) The dc dont get notified to killer and survivors, so everyone can continue to play normally as if nothing happened.

    3) Everyone in the trial get a bonus amount of points for quitter event.


    Win-Win

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369592#Comment_2369592

    Yeah sadly thats what happens. Slinger got a lot of success aswell.

    Honestly I think DC is fine. Its not a competitive ranked game.

    Instead, I think Bhvr should just create a system that :

    1)Replace the DC by a bot

    2) The dc dont get notified to killer and survivors, so everyone can continue to play normally as if nothing happened.

    3) Everyone in the trial get a bonus amount of points for quitter event.

    Win-Win

    Very good!!!!!

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369592#Comment_2369592

    Yeah sadly thats what happens. Slinger got a lot of success aswell.

    Honestly I think DC is fine. Its not a competitive ranked game.

    Instead, I think Bhvr should just create a system that :

    1)Replace the DC by a bot

    2) The dc dont get notified to killer and survivors, so everyone can continue to play normally as if nothing happened.

    3) Everyone in the trial get a bonus amount of points for quitter event.

    Win-Win

    I like this idea, especially since it’s been an average of one DC a game in the last few days. Before you ask, no I don’t mean one in every game. I mean some games have two or three, so it averages about one per game

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368259#Comment_2368259

    For the most part I do still enjoy the game. I just think most of the new content like killers/maps added in the last year just aren't really fun to play on or against. It feels like they're out of ideas and just phoning it in.

    I don't DC as killer ever but if I get Hawkins or something against some insecure spirit with stacked slowdown I'm just going to boot up another game for the day.

    So you don't like half the content in the game. that means you don't like the game and are ignoring the parts you don't like, regardless of how it affects others.


    You're a great community member.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    I managed to get 4 killer adepts with all these DCing survivors lol

    It's easy to get adept if one survivor DCs at the start, and you also get bonus emblem points if a survivor DCs right as you're about to kill them, but it's impossible to get adepts if the whole party bails on you, or if other survivors start quitting or giving up on hook because one of them ragequit early. Kind of a double-edged sword there, and I'm not looking forward to trying to get adept Spirit when I eventually buy her.

  • @Jago said:

    Come on, you got a Spirit profile pic mate.

    I face spirit all the time, I mostly die to her and don't escape, that doesn't mean I don't safety pip or pip before it happens, even when I get caught first or find myself at death hook in the first 5 mins, there is still plenty of opportunity to get what I need to get from that match even though it's harder.

    If you can't bare the chance of facing the more broken killers in this game to the point you'll ruin the hard work of your team mates this isn't the game for you to begin with.

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369592#Comment_2369592

    Yeah sadly thats what happens. Slinger got a lot of success aswell.

    Honestly I think DC is fine. Its not a competitive ranked game.

    Instead, I think Bhvr should just create a system that :

    1)Replace the DC by a bot

    2) The dc dont get notified to killer and survivors, so everyone can continue to play normally as if nothing happened.

    3) Everyone in the trial get a bonus amount of points for quitter event.

    Win-Win

    Replacing a dced player with a bot is merely replacing an idiot with an even bigger idiot if the bot is not smart enough. Personally i dont think bots is the answer

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368304#Comment_2368304

    I'm for both, simultaneously. Make leavers wait until they can join another lobby, and then pair them up with other leavers. It'd be hilarious.

    Eh, to be fair, I do wish people had access to 1 or 2 penalty free dc per day. You sometimes have those kinds of games where you're matched with awful teammates and a super tryhard killer that just makes you want to quit and go to the next one. That doesnt happen super often, so I think 1 or 2 free dc's per day would be fine. Ofcourse, if there were 2 free dc's per day, the 3rd one should slap on a 15 minute lobby ban to discourage abusing it and only saving those 2 dc's for absolutely terrible matches(or, yknow, getting RPD or Haddonfield as a huntress).

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368305#Comment_2368305

    Eh, to be fair, I do wish people had access to 1 or 2 penalty free dc per day. You sometimes have those kinds of games where you're matched with awful teammates and a super tryhard killer that just makes you want to quit and go to the next one. That doesnt happen super often, so I think 1 or 2 free dc's per day would be fine. Ofcourse, if there were 2 free dc's per day, the 3rd one should slap on a 15 minute lobby ban to discourage abusing it and only saving those 2 dc's for absolutely terrible matches(or, yknow, getting RPD or Haddonfield as a huntress).

    No. 1 or 2 free DCs a day across the entire playerbase is still ALLOT of DCs.

    Why is that so hard for people to understand? YOU think it's '1 or 2' but if 100,000 people are playing, that's potentially 100,000 or 200,000 'free DCs' a day. Imagine getting 6 or 7 Killers in a row using their 'free DCs'. It's only '1 or 2 DCs' to them, but it's 6 or 7 to other players.

  • Doenst matter who it is any free dc is just going to encourage it more and more sorry but that cannot happen

  • @GuyFawx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369607#Comment_2369607

    Replacing a dced player with a bot is merely replacing an idiot with an even bigger idiot if the bot is not smart enough. Personally i dont think bots is the answer

    So you have to go into farming mode and do everything you can to pull enough points out of the match, why is that so hard ? If your team mates are awful then you'll have plenty of time to get emblems while the killer tears through them, the solution isn't to DC....

  • Oh no, you depip!?!??! Good heavens my poor child, how ever shall you cope?

  • @TheMidnightRidr said:

    Seeing people defend having no dc penalty makes me physically ill. Talk about entitlement.

    Getting ill from people having a different view, talk about entitlement

  • Some people aren't disconnecting. Last gen are being kicked. So don't assume people are just quitting. The game is quitting on some people.

  • I know for a fact they are quiting when they dc right before i hook them if it was a server issue it would happen at the start of the match

  • @GuyFawx said:

    I know for a fact they are quiting when they dc right before a hook if it was a dc issue they would dc at the start of the match

    Not necessarily. I’ve had the game freeze and kick me well into matches. Not that it excuses people who DC because they’re pouting, but that’s not always how game [BAD WORD] ups work.

  • I will admit the DC penalty really made DC's almost non existent. I mean I think just having BOT's replace the survivors might help? I could even see an option for a bot to take over a player who leaves until another player enters the same game and takes over AI control. IDK that's probably not very likely though. But overall DC penalty needs to come back.

    That or it would be nice if like minded players got paired up with each other. But if people kept reporting you and it was "iffy reporting" Than you could get stuck with the wrong crowd when you played fairly. Now the only thing I would do is implement a reward system. If survivors and killers play really well than other players can thumbs up them to add an additional 5k BP for the match or something. Cause only issue with putting DC people with others is if someone genuinely has an internet problem and DC's. But maybe flag someone who DC's a consistent amount or something.

  • It would be nice if they implemented bots. I prefer the DC penalties to nothing, but penalties seem like a temporary solution whereas bots would be a good permanent solution. This game has a lot of problems with bugs and stability, right now just happens to be worse than usual, and rather than have to turn off the penalties or tell their players "sorry, just don't play if you're having issues" next time there's a problematic update, it'd be better if there were bots.

    Bots would stop the "ha ha, I took away your stack" or giving a teammate the hatch disconnects, and they would prevent someone who crashes or experiences a game-breaking bug from being penalized. It's an all-around win.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368687#Comment_2368687

    First off - you realize it's explicitly against the rules to disconnect deliberately, right? Like, I can report you for doing it if you pull the plug in a game I'm in. It's listed under one of the Unsportsmanlike categories. Mods delete posts that admit to disconnecting at will. And it's this way because if people were allowed to disconnect when they didn't think something was fair.. this is an asymmetrical game. One side having fun - making successful plays, outwitting or cornering/losing their opponent - comes at the frustration of the other side, who is getting outplayed and losing their interaction. Add in that some powerful strategies (camping/tunneling/slugging/3-genning for killers, looping/bodyblocking/saboing/flashlighting for survivors) are very annoying to have successfully used on you, and it becomes difficult if not impossible to complete a match when the other players can and will disconnect because they're losing or they don't like the way you're playing the game.

    'Unfair' is extremely subjective and horribly abused. Everyone has their own little rulebook of how the game is allowed to be played, and it's not going to line up with everyone else's. So no, that's not a criteria to leave. You say it's fine as long as something has counterplay? I meet plenty of survivors who think Wraith, Nurse, and Hag don't have counterplay. Devour Hope doesn't have counterplay. Ruin/Undying doesn't have counterplay. NOED doesn't have counterplay. Then there's killers who rage because Dead Hard doesn't have counterplay, Borrowed Time doesn't have counterplay, and bodyblocking doesn't have counterplay. Lots of people think they're more experienced and objective than they are. Oh, and let's not forget the people who disconnect because it wasn't fair they got a latency hit and went down 5 feet away from the window. That's nobody's fault but the servers; the killer didn't do anything wrong.

    The game is horrible to play right now. I've net-gained a grand total of 5 pips as survivor since the rank reset because so many games, my teammates are just noping out instantly when they see Ruin/Undying or Spirit or Wraith or Hag or Midwich or RCPD or Coldwind or get found first or get downed first or whatever. And in games that do turn out well and all four survivors work together the way they're supposed to, I keep getting killers that pull the plug. I signed up to play the game and I would rather not be paired with players who aren't going to do that because they decreed that something in the game is unfair.

    I'm all with @Phasmamain here - all of you disconnecter-defenders should get paired with other serial disconnecters. It's totally harmless and justified behavior, isn't it? I bet you'll have a lot of fun playing with and against like-minded individuals.

    Shouldnt that tell the devs something wrong with the design of those maps? If people consistently during these times insta dc as soon as they see them

  • I cant even imagine how much itd be happening without cakes. People wont dc on a 4 or 5 cake game usually, but they do very fast on 2 or less

  • @GuyFawx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369607#Comment_2369607

    Replacing a dced player with a bot is merely replacing an idiot with an even bigger idiot if the bot is not smart enough. Personally i dont think bots is the answer

    A bot would still work as a form of distractiing the killer away from the remaining survivor and a source of bp and emblem points for everybody.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Some people aren't disconnecting. Last gen are being kicked. So don't assume people are just quitting. The game is quitting on some people.

    The sheer increase in frequency of the DC AFTER the penalty was turned off is a good indicator that it is way more than the hardware issues of last gens.

  • @gammatsunami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368797#Comment_2368797

    Shouldnt that tell the devs something wrong with the design of those maps? If people consistently during these times insta dc as soon as they see them

    Not really, no. People who DC tend not to want to adapt to new things, in my experience. They literally refuse to learn anything that's new, and then blame their unwillingness on external factors.

  • Well those not willing to adapt are the ones that are sacrificed first in life and in game

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370240#Comment_2370240

    Not really, no. People who DC tend not to want to adapt to new things, in my experience. They literally refuse to learn anything that's new, and then blame their unwillingness on external factors.

    How would you know, do you ask them after they dc why they did it?

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Ugh, no. The dc penalty was the worst thing they ever added to this game.

    Why make fun and interactive killers or fair maps when you can half ass it and strongarm players into staying into matches they aren't enjoying.

    i agree the penalty was ass, they just heighten the rewards if someone quits early.

  • No. Everytime Raccoon City loads up my game crashes. Every.. [BAD WORD] ... time. It's not my fault and I shouldn't be punished for it. I actually want to explore the damn map once!

  • @TheMidnightRidr said:

    Seeing people defend having no dc penalty makes me physically ill. Talk about entitlement.

    Really? It's a game. If a game, or someone's actions within a game make you physically ill, you should take a good look at your life and see a doctor. Life is going to be much harder on you later on. DC's can ruin it for a game, but move on and stop typing books about it and go play the game.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369577#Comment_2369577

    I face spirit all the time, I mostly die to her and don't escape, that doesn't mean I don't safety pip or pip before it happens, even when I get caught first or find myself at death hook in the first 5 mins, there is still plenty of opportunity to get what I need to get from that match even though it's harder.

    If you can't bare the chance of facing the more broken killers in this game to the point you'll ruin the hard work of your team mates this isn't the game for you to begin with.

    Sarcasm.

  • @gammatsunami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370305#Comment_2370305

    How would you know, do you ask them after they dc why they did it?

    No, I just see them on the forum. They're always trying to convince everyone that DC penalties "don't do anything" and that the devs should just permanently remove them.

  • i just hope the players that keep dcing eventually get whats coming to them as their crap wont be a proper strategy any longer

  • The only people who get upset about dcs are sweaty killer mains. As a survivor if one or more people dc it means youre either getting a farming match as a result or a very quick over and done with match as a result. As survivor you can move on pretty easily. Its the sweaty killer mains who get salty because it robs them of more points and ruins their experience more than anyone elses because it becomes a game of shooting fish in a barrel or theyre forced to farm instead of camping and tunneling everyone.

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    The only people who get upset about dcs are sweaty killer mains. As a survivor if one or more people dc it means youre either getting a farming match as a result or a very quick over and done with match as a result. As survivor you can move on pretty easily. Its the sweaty killer mains who get salty because it robs them of more points and ruins their experience more than anyone elses because it becomes a game of shooting fish in a barrel or theyre forced to farm instead of camping and tunneling everyone.

    I'm a survivor main and am upset about DCs because I can't have a normal trial without someone DCing because they were found first or whatever. What else have you got?

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    The only people who get upset about dcs are sweaty killer mains. As a survivor if one or more people dc it means youre either getting a farming match as a result or a very quick over and done with match as a result. As survivor you can move on pretty easily. Its the sweaty killer mains who get salty because it robs them of more points and ruins their experience more than anyone elses because it becomes a game of shooting fish in a barrel or theyre forced to farm instead of camping and tunneling everyone.

    I play both but lately ive been trying to play killer more as survivor gets a little boring after a while but i cant play due to dcs and besides it doesnt matter what role im playing it still sucks for everyone else when someone dcs

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    The only people who get upset about dcs are sweaty killer mains. As a survivor if one or more people dc it means youre either getting a farming match as a result or a very quick over and done with match as a result. As survivor you can move on pretty easily. Its the sweaty killer mains who get salty because it robs them of more points and ruins their experience more than anyone elses because it becomes a game of shooting fish in a barrel or theyre forced to farm instead of camping and tunneling everyone.

    Congrats on the attempted attack on 'Sweaty Killer mains' but you're wrong.

    Keep trying to demonize one side, though. 🙄

  • @a_good_player said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368941#Comment_2368941

    If you don't trust anyone in particular to define fairness then who decides that dcing is unfair? and who decides it is more unfair that using keys/spirit/insert obvious [BAD WORD] mechanich here?

    BHVR. BHVR defines what's fair in the game they made. DCing international is defined under Unsportsmanlike conduct and can be reported.

  • @PigEmpress said:

    As someone who encounters a lot of people who DC I find penalizing DC kind of pointless considering the fact that you can easily suicide in this game. It is a form of "security theatre".

    At there very least, if you suicide on hook, you waste the killers time and get to keep any blood points you might have received.

1 2 3 4 5