why do survivor mains complain so much about tunnleing

as a low rank purp killer and a yellow rank survivor why cant survivor and espsially swf get over tunnleing being used as a tactic to stop gen rushing?

Comments

  • And now youre making up stuff.

  • @syain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366098#Comment_2366098

    Be like that. A survivor getting tunneled for any reason can indeed perform actions such as press wasd to move as a slug or m1 to wave their arms on hook. That's gameplay alright, and gee what a blast it is.

    There's situations in which both sides are rendered basically powerless. We all play this game to have fun and that's such a subjective concept that it's not even worth discussing - but it's a given that having your gameplay limited (notice how I'm not saying stopped or ruined) by something you have little to no control over never feels good. Though I think people who get offended over teabagging and flashlight clicking need to grow thicker skin I do recognize there are things killers have to deal with that are genuinely aggravating such as keys, brand new parts and map/hatch offerings, in which case I think tunneling someone is completely justified. Complaints are just a natural part of playing the game how you wanna play and I can't help but think it's silly to care about it.

    nah fam ######### people who click

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366120#Comment_2366120

    Oh yeah let me try to unhook myself (and likely fail cause thing is super rare) only to get downed in one second cause the killer is facecamping me...

    Either come with an actual argument, and stop trying to deviate the conversation or stop talking to me.

    You were the one who responded to a post I made that wasn't directed at you to keep the conversation going.

  • you never consider taking chases for the hooked person

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366122#Comment_2366122

    It's a pvp game where both sides are trying to deny the opposing side from being able to complete their goal. You will have games where you get outmatched and feel powerless. Just move on to the next game. DBD isn't a game where you play one match and that's it.

    Listen bud, theres a difference in playing the game, and then just trying to ruin the experience for everyone.

    Lets look at Among Us for example, that game is usually fun, but what if the Crewmates decided to run in pairs 24/7, specially against a sole Impostor, that Impostor has no chance at winning, at all, and will lose without being able to do anything.

    Every game can be ruined by this kind of stuff, DBD is no exception

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366125#Comment_2366125

    Listen bud, theres a difference in playing the game, and then just trying to ruin the experience for everyone.

    Lets look at Among Us for example, that game is usually fun, but what if the Crewmates decided to run in pairs 24/7, specially against a sole Impostor, that Impostor has no chance at winning, at all, and will lose without being able to do anything.

    Every game can be ruined by this kind of stuff, DBD is no exception

    yeh but i dont ######### about it in after game chat

  • In what world is tunneling a strategy to stop gen rush ? If you put someone on a hook and 1 person goes for the save, you still have 2 on gens and once they realize you just tunneled a guy everyone switches from fun mode to do gens and go next.

    I agree tunneling can be good to apply pressure but certainly not at the start of the game and most certainly not to prevent game speed. Sounds like you need to work on your early game chases and how long you're commiting to them if gens are popping so fast early.

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366125#Comment_2366125

    Listen bud, theres a difference in playing the game, and then just trying to ruin the experience for everyone.

    Lets look at Among Us for example, that game is usually fun, but what if the Crewmates decided to run in pairs 24/7, specially against a sole Impostor, that Impostor has no chance at winning, at all, and will lose without being able to do anything.

    Every game can be ruined by this kind of stuff, DBD is no exception

    And both games are too sides competing against each other in a pvp setting. If people are playing to win, it makes sense to use the tactics that will you to the winning outcome.

    Complaining that one side is trying to win at a game is a weird complaint, because it just means you are upset that you can't win at the game. Which is a skill issue.

  • You dont know how tunneling works?

    Trying to take agroo is largely pointless, cause again, the killer will ignore everyone else to focus hard on that person.

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366131#Comment_2366131

    You dont know how tunneling works?

    Trying to take agroo is largely pointless, cause again, the killer will ignore everyone else to focus hard on that person.

    sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the team to win so stop being so selfish

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366134#Comment_2366134

    And both games are too sides competing against each other in a pvp setting. If people are playing to win, it makes sense to use the tactics that will you to the winning outcome.

    Complaining that one side is trying to win at a game is a weird complaint, because it just means you are upset that you can't win at the game. Which is a skill issue.

    If you know how Among Us works, you would realize how my example practically ends the game for the Impostor with absolutely no chance of winning, thats not a skill issue, thats basically a design flaw, but people dont play like that cause its not fun.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366122#Comment_2366122

    It's a pvp game where both sides are trying to deny the opposing side from being able to complete their goal. You will have games where you get outmatched and feel powerless. Just move on to the next game. DBD isn't a game where you play one match and that's it.

    Yes, we agree on that. People who get upset over strategies such as tunneling should really refrain from playing survivor or even DBD in general. Not because it's unfair or scummy, but because it can be frustrating and some don't know how to deal with it. You see, I'm explaining why there are people who complain about tunneling, which is the question OP made. I don't really agree with the sentiment that killers should follow the survivor rulebook or whatever, I'm just trying to explain people's logic behind getting mad and why I think these reactions are justified.

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366140#Comment_2366140

    If you know how Among Us works, you would realize how my example practically ends the game for the Impostor with absolutely no chance of winning, thats not a skill issue, thats basically a design flaw, but people dont play like that cause its not fun.

    I know how Among Us works, because I play Among Us with a group on a discord.

    Getting upset that people are trying to figure out who the impostor is and not giving the impostor an opportunity for free kills is just wanting free wins for doing nothing.

    Impostors can call sabotages to help split up crewmates or give them an opportunity to sneak a kill when crewmates can't see.

  • @syain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366125#Comment_2366125

    Yes, we agree on that. People who get upset over strategies such as tunneling should really refrain from playing survivor or even DBD in general. Not because it's unfair or scummy, but because it can be frustrating and some don't know how to deal with it. You see, I'm explaining why there are people who complain about tunneling, which is the question OP made. I don't really agree with the sentiment that killers should follow the survivor rulebook or whatever, I'm just trying to explain people's logic behind getting mad and why I think these reactions are justified.

    thank you

  • @yui_best_girl_at_me said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366141#Comment_2366141

    sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the team to win so stop being so selfish

    What are you even on about?, that doesnt apply here at all, the survivor is denied the chance to do anything, unwillingly.

    Its not selfish to want to play the freaking game.

  • All this nonsense about survivors just wanting an escape handed to them is ridiculous.

    I'm a Rank 5 Killer main, and rank 7 as Survivor. I play Survivor casually with my friends to have fun. I'm largely unconcerned with winning, and more concerned with having fun. For me, having fun means being able to do my objective to a degree and testing my skill against the killer.

    Tunneling may very well be a strategy, but it's a strategy that involves zero skill on the killer's part. It's not fun for the survivor being tunneled, and the other three survivors are free to focus on gens without worry.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    All this nonsense about survivors just wanting an escape handed to them is ridiculous.

    I'm a Rank 5 Killer main, and rank 7 as Survivor. I play Survivor casually with my friends to have fun. I'm largely unconcerned with winning, and more concerned with having fun. For me, having fun means being able to do my objective to a degree and testing my skill against the killer.

    Tunneling may very well be a strategy, but it's a strategy that involves zero skill on the killer's part. It's not fun for the survivor being tunneled, and the other three survivors are free to focus on gens without worry.

    A killer still needs to be able to beat you in a chase to even remove you from the game to begin with. While it may not feel fair to die because you lost 1 chase, that is simply something that can happen whether it's because the killer is forcing you out of the game by camping or your survivor teammate just don't help you.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    All this nonsense about survivors just wanting an escape handed to them is ridiculous.

    I'm a Rank 5 Killer main, and rank 7 as Survivor. I play Survivor casually with my friends to have fun. I'm largely unconcerned with winning, and more concerned with having fun. For me, having fun means being able to do my objective to a degree and testing my skill against the killer.

    Tunneling may very well be a strategy, but it's a strategy that involves zero skill on the killer's part. It's not fun for the survivor being tunneled, and the other three survivors are free to focus on gens without worry.

    look lad i would explain but were to far down the rabbit hole i suggest u get out

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366144#Comment_2366144

    I know how Among Us works, because I play Among Us with a group on a discord.

    Getting upset that people are trying to figure out who the impostor is and not giving the impostor an opportunity for free kills is just wanting free wins for doing nothing.

    Impostors can call sabotages to help split up crewmates or give them an opportunity to sneak a kill when crewmates can't see.

    And what if the pairs are basically on top of each other? making impossible for the Imposter to kill without being spotted?, you might get away with it once at best by making the crew vote out the innocent one, but getting accused on a 50/50 situation is already bad for you, getting accused a second time is basically game over, unless the crewmates are braindead.

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366149#Comment_2366149

    And what if the pairs are basically on top of each other? making impossible for the Imposter to kill without being spotted?, you might get away with it once at best by making the crew vote out the innocent one, but getting accused on a 50/50 situation is already bad for you, getting accused a second time is basically game over, unless the crewmates are braindead.

    Unless you are playing with high crewmate vision, it's not hard to sneak kills on stacked crew when lights are out.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366158#Comment_2366158

    Unless you are playing with high crewmate vision, it's not hard to sneak kills on stacked crew when lights are out.

    Remember i said pairs?, that wont work, cause you killed 1 of 2, the survivor will have clear view of who the killer is, that only really works if its more than 3 players.

    And like i said a 50/50 situation is bad for you as Impostor cause now youre a suspect for the rest of the game, and likely ending in another 50/50 will just end with you getting voted without question.

  • @yui_best_girl_at_me said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366097#Comment_2366097

    so slugging does not make surviovors come to pick up there teammate losing them gen time and hooks?

    What? Slugging and tunneling are two completely different things. Tunneling is focusing on one survivor and excluding anyone else, even easier targets. Slugging is leaving a survivor on the ground.

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366161#Comment_2366161

    Remember i said pairs?, that wont work, cause you killed 1 of 2, the survivor will have clear view of who the killer is, that only really works if its more than 3 players.

    And like i said a 50/50 situation is bad for you as Impostor cause now youre a suspect for the rest of the game, and likely ending in another 50/50 will just end with you getting voted without question.

    I've sniped kills with lights out before in Among Us without being caught. It just sounds like a "you" issue.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366152#Comment_2366152

    A killer still needs to be able to beat you in a chase to even remove you from the game to begin with. While it may not feel fair to die because you lost 1 chase, that is simply something that can happen whether it's because the killer is forcing you out of the game by camping or your survivor teammate just don't help you.

    Survivors stay at 100% Speed. Killers gain more speed as Bloodlust increases, so losing a chase is inevitable and nothing will stop a killer who wants to tunnel you out of the game. BT, DS, Pallet Stuns, Teammates trying to take aggro will all largely be ignored if the killer really wants you out of the game.

    Being tunneled out of the game is boring. It's unsatisfying and you feel like the killer didn't earn it. I'm not saying "nerf killers", I'm saying play better. Tunneling is inefficient and if the survivor is decent enough to run you for at least 2 gens, you've wasted too much time for it to be considered "efficient".

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366162#Comment_2366162

    I've sniped kills with lights out before in Among Us without being caught. It just sounds like a "you" issue.

    If anything it just sounds like the Crewmates are oblivious.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366099#Comment_2366099

    What? Slugging and tunneling are two completely different things. Tunneling is focusing on one survivor and excluding anyone else, even easier targets. Slugging is leaving a survivor on the ground.

    i know right its a crazy idea only discouvord by 95 percent survivors after the games dead

  • Same reason you complain about gen rushing, because it makes the game unenjoyable for the other side. Can you play however you like, of course but the other side doesn't have to like it.

  • @yui_best_girl_at_me said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366165#Comment_2366165

    i know right its a crazy idea only discouvord by 95 percent survivors after the games dead

    If you're trying to prove a point, you've failed miserably, becuase none of what you are saying makes sense.

  • "stop being so selfish"

    Said the guy deny other people's ability to play the game.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366030#Comment_2366030

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366035#Comment_2366035

    Being on a hook or slugged is a part of survivor gameplay. You are basically complaining that you don't like survivor gameplay and that's somehow an issue of the killers.

    Not to method chases are the "fun" part of the game and if you are being tunneled you are experiencing only chases.

    Getting put on the hook is part of survivor gameplay. Staying there is not.

    It's fine for a killer to occasionally slap you on the hook, but if they do everything in their power to ascertain that that is the only thing you get to do, it kills the gameplay.

    Being on the hook and being slugged aren't part of gameplay. That's like saying the loading screen between death and respawn in a souls-like is 'gameplay'.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    All this nonsense about survivors just wanting an escape handed to them is ridiculous.

    I'm a Rank 5 Killer main, and rank 7 as Survivor. I play Survivor casually with my friends to have fun. I'm largely unconcerned with winning, and more concerned with having fun. For me, having fun means being able to do my objective to a degree and testing my skill against the killer.

    Tunneling may very well be a strategy, but it's a strategy that involves zero skill on the killer's part. It's not fun for the survivor being tunneled, and the other three survivors are free to focus on gens without worry.

    No one haven't say that they want "free escapes", what are you even talking about?

  • Because survivors don't like to get treated the same way they treat killers.

    They complain that they can't enjoy or play the game, because they get tunneled. But simultaneously they rush gens and leave the match asap when given the chance.

    I've seen survivors be mad at the killer for dying with 20k points and gloat about a ez match when they escape with 13k points.

  • Some do, some don't. It's a strategy some survivors are too dumb to understand. Some with killers who don't "gen rush".

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366055#Comment_2366055

    Are you for real?

    First, getting yourself off hook is extremely rare without perks/offerings, and largely a terrible idea to even attempt it without said things.

    Second, working on gens in more than just doing skill checks, there also looking around for the killer, creating some form of paranoia which is fitting for a horror game, this is even more true against stealth killers, cause you dont know when they will end up jumping on you.

    And third, you can do more than just sitting on gens, such has going to help your teammates, ive personally have run healing builts lately due to challenges and it was kinda fun running around the map like im some kind of medic for my team.

    So yeah tunneling and camping dont allow any of those things, like honestly try to unhook yourself in front of the freaking killer, see how that goes.

    Don't try arguing with that guy, dude, he doesn't get it. Killer main at its core.

  • @Damarus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366069#Comment_2366069

    Don't try arguing with that guy, dude, he doesn't get it. Killer main at its core.

    I play both sides frequently and have all the achievements.

    I'm not a killer main by any stretch, which is why I don't have issues with people playing the game how they want and don't try to shame people into playing in a way that gives me easier wins.

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366040#Comment_2366040

    Gen rushing depends on a lot more factors though, usually perks youre running, survivor spawns, their coordination, your strategy, etc.

    Also tbagging or clicking dont do anything in reality, just annoyance, unlike tunneling or camping.

    actually clicking and teabagging do do something

    they help the killer, because the survivor is trying to be a annoyance instead of running away

  • @Torsti56 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366152#Comment_2366152

    No one haven't say that they want "free escapes", what are you even talking about?

    Page 2, 6th post from the top.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    Same reason you complain about gen rushing, because it makes the game unenjoyable for the other side. Can you play however you like, of course but the other side doesn't have to like it.

    Eh, if I get gen rushed, at least I can have a hook unless all 4 are playing stealthy on a survivor favored map. If I get tunneled early, I get one chase, I guess. I just had a sub 3 minute game where once gens were popping that fast, I dropped a Shack chase to go and hook someone else. Grabbed my crown, broke a few walls, and opened the gate myself. I still got over 10k points and left feeling slightly perturbed.


    I got tunneled out of a game and got like 3k points or something and had to wait for it to end because my sister was still playing. I would be lying if I said I wasn't seething.


    I feel there is a bit of a difference. I can still play as killer, and I still get points. As survivor, I only get to play for one chase, and I guess the pitiful second chase assuming the person unhooking me had borrowed.


    I am a killer main, I get why people tunnel. But man, I have to agree with survivors on this one, you can't break rank 15 as a tunneler? You are really bad. They literally can only have fun by ruining my fun because surely they are embarrassed that they are ranked lower than my sister who constantly allows 3 people to escape because she is nice. She is basically hard throwing her games and is still a better killer player. Imagine that.

  • Just play nurse or spirit and learn them,i didn't need to tunnel once since I learned to play them(and the "genrush" problem doesn't occur either). I barely do it with other killers,I'm more for the hooks over kills mentality but sometimes it just is the best option unfortunately.

  • It doesn't mean if it's a good tactic for you, it's also a bad experience for them. SWFs especially, because the one who gets tunneled out early have to wait for everyone else to finish the game.

    Why do you think so many people complain about a feature that makes their games miserable?

  • @yui_best_girl_at_me said:

    as a low rank purp killer and a yellow rank survivor why cant survivor and espsially swf get over tunnleing being used as a tactic to stop gen rushing?

    Why you ask that question? The answer is obvious.

    Imagine you would be tunneled every game. You gain very little ammount of bloodpoints, you queue longer then you actually play and it is generally not fun to get tunneled off the hook since there is usually little gameplay involved.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/266718/why-do-survivor-mains-complain-so-much-about-tunnleing

    Why you ask that question? The answer is obvious.

    Imagine you would be tunneled every game. You gain very little ammount of bloodpoints, you queue longer then you actually play and it is generally not fun to get tunneled off the hook since there is usually little gameplay involved.

    On the other hand, most survivors would say the fun is in being chased. Unless the killer chases them for too long and they lose, then it's no longer fun. It just sounds like they want to have their cake and eat it too.

  • I'm probably closer to a "killer main". Tunneling is a boring playstyle that is pretty exclusively used by saltlords or players that have just resigned to losing every game

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366538#Comment_2366538

    On the other hand, most survivors would say the fun is in being chased. Unless the killer chases them for too long and they lose, then it's no longer fun. It just sounds like they want to have their cake and eat it too.

    Yea but beeing chased and beeing chased could be 2 different things. How most define and also i understand tunneling (at least the one people complain about) is getting tunneled off the hook, which normally give the survivor no defense unless the unhooker has BT.

    Just regular tunnel (while not proxycamping at the hook) is for me when playing survivor the best thing in the game, but that almost never happens. When i get tunneled, i get tunneled off the hook with no defense for me pretty much.

  • @Aquamarine said:

    It doesn't mean if it's a good tactic for you, it's also a bad experience for them. SWFs especially, because the one who gets tunneled out early have to wait for everyone else to finish the game.

    Why do you think so many people complain about a feature that makes their games miserable?

    i say the exact same thing for a urban evasion prove thyself ds iron will red rank swf

  • TBagging doesnt stop you from playing the game, neither does clicking a flashlight.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366040#Comment_2366040

    TBagging doesnt stop you from playing the game, neither does clicking a flashlight.

    but it is very ######### annoying and childish

1 2 3