Whats up with the extra toxic killers lately?

Im guessing the influx of new players has more to do with it than anything as new killers tend to play the scummiest and the killer queues being longer than usual plus the new chapter would seem to support this theory.

All the red and purple rank killers ive seen since the event started have been playing normally, its the yellow and green rank killers that seem extra toxic.

Comments

  • If you mean any rank below 10 then it would not surprise me. Since you yourself said it, a bunch of new players who play the only way they could to get downs, and hooks.

  • No I get where you're coming from, that's why I'm taking it upon myself to play killer right now and taking it super easy. Not stressing about hooks or win conditions makes the game way more fun when you're playing peekaboo as Ghostface with baby survivors and butt dancing at the exit gates.

  • @MegaDwight said:

    There is no such thing as toxicity from ingame actions.

    There is only salt generated by peoples fragile emotions toward ingame actions.

    Keep your emotions out of it and just play the video game.

    so clicking the flashlight and teabagging, or hitting the survivor on hook and slugging all 4 or tunneling someone at 5 gens isnt toxic? riiiiiight

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    No I get where you're coming from, that's why I'm taking it upon myself to play killer right now and taking it super easy. Not stressing about hooks or win conditions makes the game way more fun when you're playing peekaboo as Ghostface with baby survivors and butt dancing at the exit gates.

    Same, everybody I have killed has either T-Bagged me (BM disqualifies you from Nice Tippy) or I did it on accident cause I lost track of the hook states and one poor bastard who got caught by me as Myers when I had Tombstone on since I needed a kill by my hand for a Daily (they did have BT and were trying to bodyblock with it so while I don't quite call that toxic, I do call that unsporting and therefore I fudged my criteria there so I didn't have to keep trying to do this when I'm trying not to murder someone)...

    It's unfortunate that there are a lot of players on both sides who seem to be going out of their way to make the game miserable for people during the event (note; this is people maliciously trying to make the game miserable I'm calling out, not people just playing normal as I am perfectly fine with a killer who kills or a survivor who tries to survive) so I'm going to at least try to be a nice killer/survivor throughout the event.

  • are you familiar with the concept of confirmation bias?

    Untitled Image


  • A lot of survivor mains are playing killer for BP and being massively hypocritical, and the remaining survivors are being sweaty AF and more than a little toxic.

  • @MegaDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340453#Comment_2340453

    Me personally, I cant imagine catching some emotions because someone clicked a flashlight or the crouch button, or wasted their own time swinging at someone on a hook.

    That would be embarrassing.

    ok so you are said toxic person, because you have no empathy to those who would have said emotions. How about we just not be nasty to one another and all enjoy the game? Do you enjoy making people feel that way? I think people like this are embarrassing not those who react rationally to people antagonizing them.

  • I think I been getting a little lucky. I'm more of a killer main however I been playing survivor more to not get bored of killer lately (also to get better at survivor and understanding both sides.) I been getting a lot of nice killers that farm or simply ignore survivors to let them get crowns. I only had a few matches where I got tunneled, but it's mainly new players I would guess that don't understand it's a somewhat dick move.

  • @MegaDwight said:

    There is no such thing as toxicity from ingame actions.

    There is only salt generated by peoples fragile emotions toward ingame actions.

    Keep your emotions out of it and just play the video game.

    Its perfectly normal to experience emotions while playing a video game. It would be extremely unrealistic not to expect a person to do so. Thats a weird comment.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    are you familiar with the concept of confirmation bias?

    https://newslit.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/DYK-Confirmation-Bias.png

    Conformation bias requires you to first have an established belief or hypothesis regardless of existing infirmation and any "research" done is there to support the pre existing idea whereas if were talking in terms of research we would first look at existing phenomena and look for evidence that might explain it and form a hypothesis from there.

    I noticed there seemed to be more toxic killers playing and from what i understand there are likely several pieces of evidence that together formed my hypothesis that its largely an influx of new players.

    Thats not confirmation bias.

  • @MegaDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340526#Comment_2340526

    Its 100% normal to experience emotions, anytime.

    What I said breaks down into “its unwise to allow someones actions ingame to cause a salty emotion that affects your gameplay, which can be exploited easily.”

    No what you said was for people to keep their emotions out of the game which sounded a lot like you expect for people not to experience or express emotions at all during the game. It kind of goes against human nature, which is to say its extremely unrealistic.

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    No I get where you're coming from, that's why I'm taking it upon myself to play killer right now and taking it super easy. Not stressing about hooks or win conditions makes the game way more fun when you're playing peekaboo as Ghostface with baby survivors and butt dancing at the exit gates.

    Same, ive given up on trying to play a normal game of survivor and im just farming as killer with survivors now. At least 1/10 of their games wont be crappy.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    A lot of survivor mains are playing killer for BP and being massively hypocritical, and the remaining survivors are being sweaty AF and more than a little toxic.

    Yeah ive known some pretty toxic players who i stopped playing with early on because it seemed like they didnt even enjoy the game so much as just played to be spiteful on both sides. Most players play both sides so the toxic survivors are probably also the toxic killers in most cases and theyve all decided to play killer. I could see that being the case.

  • @MegaDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340545#Comment_2340545

    I explained in detail, and I am 100% accurate.

    FYI I exploit peoples emotions on both sides regularly via ingame actions. You are welcome for me trying to help you avoid such a common trap.

    100% accurate? Wow, not even the weatherman can make that claim.

  • @MegaDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340491#Comment_2340491

    Your attempt to get personal because you dont like the facts I presented, is unfortunate.

    It will never be someone elses problem that you got salty at something they did ingame. You need to get your feelings under control.

    My emotions are fine I just dont like people trying to justify people acting like this. You're essentially defending people who act like this. Makes you said toxic person. most likely a troll

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340504#Comment_2340504

    My emotions are fine I just dont like people trying to justify people acting like this. You're essentially defending people who act like this. Makes you said toxic person. most likely a troll

    I cant say if they are or not. Its hard to read a persons tone in text but best bet is dont feed the trolls i guess.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340443#Comment_2340443

    so clicking the flashlight and teabagging, or hitting the survivor on hook and slugging all 4 or tunneling someone at 5 gens isnt toxic? riiiiiight

    Thats correct, none of those things are "toxic"

    This community has the biggest wusses in it i swear to God ya'll couldnt have handeled cod4 or gow lobbies back in the day

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340453#Comment_2340453

    Thats correct, none of those things are "toxic"

    This community has the biggest wusses in it i swear to God ya'll couldnt have handeled cod4 or gow lobbies back in the day

    they are doing it to get people to be emotional, that makes it toxic. regardless of the severity, its still not needed

  • MegaDwight no offense but you strike me as a wannabe psychopath.

    While it is true that a normal person can keep their emotions in check somewhat, never feeling frustration with the game or other players is unrealistic.

    So you are either not being honest or you are not an average person.

  • Haha tunnel and camp go brrrrr.

  • @MegaDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340613#Comment_2340613

    You are welcome to get personal if it helps you to feel better about the truth, that you need to keep your emotions in check. This is true for real life as well. Since apparently nobody has had that talk with you, youre welcome.

    It seems that everything is personal to you. While you are the one making new accounts to rile the people up.

    I get the same vibes from you like from the recent troll that got banned.

    I don't know a single person irl or online that never got frustrated with a video game. It is a normal thing.

    You must understand why I find your posts weird.

  • @MegaDwight said:

    There is no such thing as toxicity from ingame actions.

    There is only salt generated by peoples fragile emotions toward ingame actions.

    Keep your emotions out of it and just play the video game.

    The posts you make remind me of @RoKrueger too bad he is no longer here I feel you both would get along very well lol

  • @MadLordJack said:

    A lot of survivor mains are playing killer for BP and being massively hypocritical, and the remaining survivors are being sweaty AF and more than a little toxic.

    Bingo on both parts!

    For the survivor sweat I'll show you my average killer game atm.

    Untitled Image

    The DC was a crash as they were stuck permanetly destroying an already destroyed portal until they crashed out and the reason why one person died was because the other two took the hatch while being too injured to go for the save.

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340457#Comment_2340457

    Conformation bias requires you to first have an established belief or hypothesis regardless of existing infirmation and any "research" done is there to support the pre existing idea whereas if were talking in terms of research we would first look at existing phenomena and look for evidence that might explain it and form a hypothesis from there.

    I noticed there seemed to be more toxic killers playing and from what i understand there are likely several pieces of evidence that together formed my hypothesis that its largely an influx of new players.

    Thats not confirmation bias.

    you got an impression that killers were more toxic.

    then you looked for reasons for the killers to be toxic.


    you already had a conclusion in mind when you started looking for "evidence"

    Untitled Image


  • @MegaDwight said:

    There is no such thing as toxicity from ingame actions.

    There is only salt generated by peoples fragile emotions toward ingame actions.

    Keep your emotions out of it and just play the video game.

    ok mr no-emotion man

    search up "sociopath"

  • @MegaDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340453#Comment_2340453

    Me personally, I cant imagine catching some emotions because someone clicked a flashlight or the crouch button, or wasted their own time swinging at someone on a hook.

    That would be embarrassing.

    :////

  • @MegaDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340491#Comment_2340491

    Your attempt to get personal because you dont like the facts I presented, is unfortunate.

    It will never be someone elses problem that you got salty at something they did ingame. You need to get your feelings under control.

    the ""facts"" you reported are complete bunk

  • @MegaDwight said:

    The salt is not necessary. Emotional maturity is something in short supply around here.

    Ok

  • I've seen more survivors being rude then killers though tbf there is 4 survivors and 1 killer.

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    Im guessing the influx of new players has more to do with it than anything as new killers tend to play the scummiest and the killer queues being longer than usual plus the new chapter would seem to support this theory.

    All the red and purple rank killers ive seen since the event started have been playing normally, its the yellow and green rank killers that seem extra toxic.

    On the flip side, you wait for a longer queue time... yes this is super annoying

    and you get a bad map and you survivors who per-drop all pallets during the chase... and almost all pallets are save... and 3 gens are already done with toolboxes and BNP.

    I have switched to Doctor to earn BP and level up my brand new Spirit

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340443#Comment_2340443

    so clicking the flashlight and teabagging, or hitting the survivor on hook and slugging all 4 or tunneling someone at 5 gens isnt toxic? riiiiiight

    Why it would be toxic? That word is overused by this community and it has lost all meaning. Only post game chat is toxic when there are death threads, racial insults etc..

  • What you describe is just survivor mains that switched to killer because they wrongly believe that killers earn more points.

  • @Torsti56 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340453#Comment_2340453

    Why it would be toxic? That word is overused by this community and it has lost all meaning. Only post game chat is toxic when there are death threads, racial insults etc..

    The definition of toxic is "very harmful or unpleasant in a pervasive or insidious way" the dbd community uses the unpleasant in a pervasive or insidious way side of it. It doesnt have to be something so extreme as you are pointing out

  • @MadLordJack said:

    A lot of survivor mains are playing killer for BP and being massively hypocritical, and the remaining survivors are being sweaty AF and more than a little toxic.

    This. SO this. I check on a lot of toxic killers accounts and they often have more time as survivor. I ... don't get it. Let me treat you exactly how I hate being treated? Alrighty then.

  • @feechima said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340481#Comment_2340481

    This. SO this. I check on a lot of toxic killers accounts and they often have more time as survivor. I ... don't get it. Let me treat you exactly how I hate being treated? Alrighty then.

    It's true, the toxic killers are also the toxic survivors. Most players play both sides equally according to the polls and that extends to the toxic players as well.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340537#Comment_2340537

    you got an impression that killers were more toxic.

    then you looked for reasons for the killers to be toxic.

    you already had a conclusion in mind when you started looking for "evidence"

    https://thedecisionlab.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Confirmation_Bias_TDL-1024x715.png

    You're trying to turn it into a debate about what defines "toxic".

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340719#Comment_2340719

    You're trying to turn it into a debate about what defines "toxic".

    the definition is completely irrelevant.


    whatever it is you define as toxic,

    you got an impression that killers were more toxic.

    then you looked for reasons for the killers to be toxic.


    you already had a conclusion in mind when you started looking for "evidence"

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    No I get where you're coming from, that's why I'm taking it upon myself to play killer right now and taking it super easy. Not stressing about hooks or win conditions makes the game way more fun when you're playing peekaboo as Ghostface with baby survivors and butt dancing at the exit gates.

    So you're giving them unearned pips and points, which will only hurt them later when they face serious Killers who they won't have the skills to handle and will claim are 'toxic' for trying to play normally?


    Great idea.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2342384#Comment_2342384

    the definition is completely irrelevant.

    whatever it is you define as toxic,

    you got an impression that killers were more toxic.

    then you looked for reasons for the killers to be toxic.

    you already had a conclusion in mind when you started looking for "evidence"

    YoU aLrEadY hAd A cOnClUsIoN iN mInD

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340450#Comment_2340450

    So you're giving them unearned pips and points, which will only hurt them later when they face serious Killers who they won't have the skills to handle and will claim are 'toxic' for trying to play normally?

    Great idea.

    Its a game, calm your tits

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340450#Comment_2340450

    So you're giving them unearned pips and points, which will only hurt them later when they face serious Killers who they won't have the skills to handle and will claim are 'toxic' for trying to play normally?

    Great idea.

    Sounds like easy games at 5-10 lol