Why I think the RE chapter is bad as a huge RE fan

1. Nemesis feels nothing like Nemesis from either the original or even the remake. They focused way too much on tentacles and bringing the feeling of RE with the zombies instead of bringing the feeling of the character NEMESIS.

2. The map has random for no reason orange RE mutation bubbles around the map. Before someone say "It's the entities influence" well why is it ONLY this map. Why? It just makes the map uglier.

3. Character models. People say Nemesis looks perfect... Idk how. His head is too small. His skin is pink which it wasn't in the remake. Jill looks nothing like her. There's no excuse for that when Leon so the only character who does actually look perfect. And Jill's photo in her backstory section looks good. Resident Evil 4 Leon and his base skin are the best models in this entire chapter. For some reason you guys chose RE5 Chris and for those who say its RE1, no that is RE5 Chris because he has that same alternate costume in 5. Its RE5 Chris. Claire looks possessed and her face is a bit off anyways. Jill's classic RE3 costume should be a bit bright and her face is still bad there. And the prestiged cosmetics... They are not good at all. At best they are ok.

4. Even though he feels nothing like Nemesis you could have at least created a good power anyways, except its uninspired and reused. The zombies have nothing to do with him. His power is the tentacle and the zombies are just there. He's just Pyramid Head lite in a way. HOW!? How do you make Nemesis anywhere close to PH!? That blows my mind.

5. It just feels empty and like there was no love or care put in. When SH or whatever other licenses came out I have the same amount of excitement to play them like even a week after release. Right now with this chapter excitement just died down for me. I'm just playing like I normally would. No excitement to play them. Just frustration if anything. Or just nothing.

Nothing in this chapter is exciting anymore, there's no charm, there's not love, low effort, recycles powers from a killer who should have nothing to do with this killer, and more. This chapter is bad. They should fix all these issues. I'm just 1 person though. Its makes me so sad to see my favorite license be wasted and never get a 2nd chance to actually be good. If nothing good really happens I don't care if DBD succeeds or not. They aren't willing to put in ANY good work and probably won't really ever be again if they can even treat something so big like this.

Comments

  • Please delete this entire update and chapter. You don't deserve the license after the ######### you pulled on it.

  • 5e87db3b9d84ea88ce4caf4840c6929e.jpg

    So are we gonna see your 28th post on how the RE chapter is bad because no nemesis and you don't like what RPD looks like or can we finally cap it here?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/J6UF6W1R34PO/5e87db3b9d84ea88ce4caf4840c6929e.jpg

    So are we gonna see your 28th post on how the RE chapter is bad because no nemesis and you don't like what RPD looks like or can we finally cap it here?

    IMG-20210617-WA0012.jpg

    I'll just take my fish for a walk

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/J6UF6W1R34PO/5e87db3b9d84ea88ce4caf4840c6929e.jpg

    So are we gonna see your 28th post on how the RE chapter is bad because no nemesis and you don't like what RPD looks like or can we finally cap it here?

    I'm gonna keep going until something is done. Obviously nothing will be done but I'm committed to fixing their ######### DLC

  • Please overhaul the RE chapter. Easily THE worst licensed chapter you ever made.

  • As much as I'm disapointed in this chapter I don't want it deleted it's great addition to game once fixed however not my cup of tea as long time re fan I can't watch Nemesis making pain noise when u hit him with pallet lmao

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2284383#Comment_2284383

    I'm gonna keep going until something is done. Obviously nothing will be done but I'm committed to fixing their ######### DLC

    And so the best way to do that is to make about 40 threads a minute repeating the same points over and over and finishing off by saying... Well wfatever this post is?

    Whatever makes you happy ig

  • As a 15 years resident evil fan I agree don't get me wrong it's great addition to game but for me it's off Nemesis looks like turtle, his power is meh, and character models are eh Leon is fine and Jill somewhat others are hideous and just fact nemesis is in pain after dropping pallet on him is obnoxious 😂 dude is breaking walls with his head but in dbd piece of wood hurts him

  • When I said 40 threads a minute I didn't think you'd take it so literally.

    (Also opening new threads when ones you've made on the same topic are already open is against forums rules so for your own sake I really would stop before the Mods™ notice)

  • Dark seems to bet the sheldon of these forums dont ask him who he thinks would win in deathmatch

  • I mean, as a giant Resident Evil fan I think this chapters content is great. New perks are fun and fit the characters, the map while a chore to play on as killer is incredibly faithful to RPD outside of some gameplay contrivances like rotated rooms and added doors. And I think Jill and Leon look great, Chris and Claire do look off though.

    Also the Nemesis remake design is awful in general so that complaint is kind of irrelevant.

  • I have been here 4 years. I think its about time for me to stop playing this game.. Thanks behaviour for finally letting me go. I've waited so long for this chapter. I loved this game at one point. I was hoping you would treat RE with as much respect as any other license. It just upset me. I cared so much about DBD and the RE franchise. But you ######### it all up. I just wanted a good Resident Evil chapter.... I couldn't even get a mediocre chapter... Once I P3 "Nemesis" I'm trying my hardest too stay away from this game. It makes me so sad to say that to. Please make the game better. Maybe I'll come back. But you put the final nail in the coffin. Now excuse me while I go cry myself too sleep because I have to let go of something I once cared s deeply about that ruined something I still care so deeply about.

  • Thread 29...

    Also sleep well ^^

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Thread 29...

    When he will stop

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Thread 29...

    This one actually means A lot to me. And I mean everything in this post. Once he's P3 I am gone.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2284439#Comment_2284439

    This one actually means A lot to me. And I mean everything in this post. Once he's P3 I am gone.

    Aight have fun playing different games :)

  • I have already been doing that for the past 4 years.

  • I did last night what I never thought I won't I deleted dbd so I understand what ur trying to say I'll definitely stick around the community because I met some great ppl but I won't be playing it anymore my work schedule won't let me since it's summer starting and work is gonna be hard now so I had to delete it because if I didn't I know I would jump on it at night instead going to sleep so this was best decision

  • The content of the chapter isn’t so bad. Killers power is great but not the strongest (doesn’t have to be), perks are at least fun and creative, we also finally got killer perks that get activated by M1 and M2 downs. With a few tweaks later on Nemesis can also be adjusted, but this is no where near Trickster level.

    Map had technical problems, but other than that very much exactly from RE2 remake.

    The linked cosmetics were a little bit bitter, but in the end probably were still supposed to be linked due to licensing and Claire’s face.. well. That one is really bad.


    the real problems of this chapter are the bugs, technical problems and performance issues especially for consoles. That’s not directly related to RE though.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    I have been here 4 years. I think its about time for me to stop playing this game.. Thanks behaviour for finally letting me go. I've waited so long for this chapter. I loved this game at one point. I was hoping you would treat RE with as much respect as any other license. It just upset me. I cared so much about DBD and the RE franchise. But you ######### it all up. I just wanted a good Resident Evil chapter.... I couldn't even get a mediocre chapter... Once I P3 "Nemesis" I'm trying my hardest too stay away from this game. It makes me so sad to say that to. Please make the game better. Maybe I'll come back. But you put the final nail in the coffin. Now excuse me while I go cry myself too sleep because I have to let go of something I once cared s deeply about that ruined something I still care so deeply about.

    You'll probably have gotten into Evil Dead the game later in the year by the time they promised even to fix whatever it is that you're turned off by lol. Hopefully that game will help keep both games better through providing competition. At least competition for new players even if it doesn't get too many old dbd ones.

  • At least freddy will keep him company

  • If you're leaving why would you care if you get him p3 just go

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/J6UF6W1R34PO/5e87db3b9d84ea88ce4caf4840c6929e.jpg

    So are we gonna see your 28th post on how the RE chapter is bad because no nemesis and you don't like what RPD looks like or can we finally cap it here?

    what universe are the pear-faced people from? I wonder what they taste like.

  • @MMRSweatQTimeGunBLUL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/258790/im-done

    You'll probably have gotten into Evil Dead the game later in the year by the time they promised even to fix whatever it is that you're turned off by lol. Hopefully that game will help keep both games better through providing competition. At least competition for new players even if it doesn't get too many old dbd ones.

    Evil Dead won't be competition. It does look incredible though. The reason why it won't be competition is because of the style of game it is. Its like Left 4 Dead. 4 people vs waves of zombies/deadites. Can't really compete when the games aren't alike.

  • @gammatsunami said:

    If you're leaving why would you care if you get him p3 just go

    Because I'm a huge RE fan and he was almost P3 anyways.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    I have been here 4 years. I think its about time for me to stop playing this game.. Thanks behaviour for finally letting me go. I've waited so long for this chapter. I loved this game at one point. I was hoping you would treat RE with as much respect as any other license. It just upset me. I cared so much about DBD and the RE franchise. But you ######### it all up. I just wanted a good Resident Evil chapter.... I couldn't even get a mediocre chapter... Once I P3 "Nemesis" I'm trying my hardest too stay away from this game. It makes me so sad to say that to. Please make the game better. Maybe I'll come back. But you put the final nail in the coffin. Now excuse me while I go cry myself too sleep because I have to let go of something I once cared s deeply about that ruined something I still care so deeply about.

    Your mistake was expecting a good chapter after the Oni

  • You didn't give one reason why you don't like the chapter. It was just a long paragraph saying the same thing. I don't know what else anyone could've asked for in this chapter if you're a DBD & RE fan. Everything about it is perfect. You essentially got 4 survivors (the most iconic ones too) and Nemesis as the killer. Not only that, you got the RPD as a freaking map to play on. That place is literally the most iconic RE location in the entire franchise in my opinion. The survivor perks are amazing too. What more could you have asked for? This chapter has given us and especially DBD fans more than we could've asked for in this game. I don't understand what your frustration is about.

  • @TheDarkTyrant Question, what is it exactly about the RE chapter that you don't like? what is it that you think the devs ruined? as personally I love this chapter.

  • @Mushwin said:

    @TheDarkTyrant Question, what is it exactly about the RE chapter that you don't like? what is it that you think the devs ruined? as personally I love this chapter.

    I made a whole post on the things I don't like.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    You didn't give one reason why you don't like the chapter. It was just a long paragraph saying the same thing. I don't know what else anyone could've asked for in this chapter if you're a DBD & RE fan. Everything about it is perfect. You essentially got 4 survivors (the most iconic ones too) and Nemesis as the killer. Not only that, you got the RPD as a freaking map to play on. That place is literally the most iconic RE location in the entire franchise in my opinion. The survivor perks are amazing too. What more could you have asked for? This chapter has given us and especially DBD fans more than we could've asked for in this game. I don't understand what your frustration is about.

    I made a whole other post on the things I don't like.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2284074#Comment_2284074

    I'm speaking as a huge RE fan. Who plays the games all day. Who knows a bunch of small little things some might not know. The map simply is not the only reason. Nemesis doesn't feel like Nemesis is one of the biggest.

    Question is, what would you do to make this better chapter? How you would change Nemesis power?

  • Well I think this is the best chapter yet. Also I completely disagree with you on Jill. She looks exactly like Jill from the remake. I honestly don't think they could've made her look anymore like Jill than they did.

  • @gilgamer said:

    People gave me ######### on reddit for saying "I wonder how bhvr will mess it up" when they announced the RE chapter but even I didn't think they'd mess it up this badly.

    Me personally I was hoping that this chapter failed I'd like for it to be bigger than what it is but it'll have to do

  • @Torsti56 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2284159#Comment_2284159

    Question is, what would you do to make this better chapter? How you would change Nemesis power?

    Make him feel like how the character is supposed to feel. Obviously with some balancing his skill set from the games minus the weapons can fit perfectly.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    Well I think this is the best chapter yet. Also I completely disagree with you on Jill. She looks exactly like Jill from the remake. I honestly don't think they could've made her look anymore like Jill than they did.

    pixlr_20210618132008781.jpg

    Yeah looks real good. Looks just like her mhm. Doesn't look like a different person at all. Yeah this isn't the same face at all. Leon does look perfect though.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2284785#Comment_2284785

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PUB0RR1D9G35/pixlr-20210618132008781.jpg

    Yeah looks real good. Looks just like her mhm. Doesn't look like a different person at all. Yeah this isn't the same face at all. Leon does look perfect though.

    You put a blurred close up screenshot of Jill's face from DBD next to her much higher resolution and completely different art style from RE 3 remake and expect them to be exactly alike? Jill from RE 3 remake doesn't look exactly like Jill from the original game but again, 2 different games with 2 much different levels of graphics involved. What more do you want? Right when I bought the RE chapter and selected Jill in game I said Yep! That's Jill! She's perfect and I don't get why you think she is far off from looking like Jill should.

  • Question about jill while we're on the topic. I bought her skirt outfit. Can I mix prestige blood with it? I assume not

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2284383#Comment_2284383

    I'm gonna keep going until something is done. Obviously nothing will be done but I'm committed to fixing their ######### DLC

    I don’t think they care about your 28 million posts, but keep trying, I guess.

    With all due respect, if I was a developer looking at feedback from the chapter and I saw the amount of posts you make, I’d just consider it spam lol.

  • Nemesis not turning into a giant 4 legged beast after Tier 3 mutation is a big thumb down for me XD

  • @Spencerjnlouis said:

    Nemesis not turning into a giant 4 legged beast after Tier 3 mutation is a big thumb down for me XD

    What

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2284536#Comment_2284536

    Evil Dead won't be competition. It does look incredible though. The reason why it won't be competition is because of the style of game it is. Its like Left 4 Dead. 4 people vs waves of zombies/deadites. Can't really compete when the games aren't alike.

    There sounds like, from the game's webpage, that there will be the co-op focus but that there will be a mode or option to play kandarian demon which will be the asym mode. I'm pretty sure that like in friday the 13th it'll be a lot more fun playing the 'killer' role in that game than this one if up against discord (friday the 13th had voice chat built in, and the killer player could even use it to mess with or trick people or just join in the fun on the comms which lightens things up and eases tension and sense of 'us against them' mentality). They made a big mistake when they made this game not considering the groups on voice comms. Plus if the game has enough campy moments it'll just be plain more fun win or lose. Hell even left 4 dead was too in versus, especially in fun lobbies.

  • @gammatsunami said:

    Question about jill while we're on the topic. I bought her skirt outfit. Can I mix prestige blood with it? I assume not

    No you can't

1 2 ›