How offten do you face HillBilly?

For me... it is less offten.

Comments

  • Who's ,,Hillbilly"?

  • The last one I played against was a hacker, so I'm not counting that.

    Probably a few months ago, the rework neutered him

  • Very rarely and I love it, hate Billys

  • Rarely. Like once a week if I'm lucky, and I play a few hours a day, everyday.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    For me... it is less offten.

    2 times today both loved to slug. Other than that once in a blue moon maybe less

  • Once every harvest moon

  • I can actually tell you how often I face Hillbilly since I've been taking data since Trickster released. Since Trickster released, I have faced Hillbilly 11 times out of the 385 survivor matches I've played.

    If each killer was faced evenly in that amount of matches, each killer I would have faced 16-17 times.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    I can actually tell you how often I face Hillbilly since I've been taking data since Trickster released. Since Trickster released, I have faced Hillbilly 11 times out of the 385 survivor matches I've played.

    Interesting... and also poor Billy pick rate :(

  • It's not very often in the red ranks but for whatever reason it seems like when I do see him it's several times that night. Then I do not see him at all for over a week. Which is a shame since Billy is one of the Killers I think is really fun to play against.

  • we all remember the time off huntress nurse billy in red ranks and then billy got nerfed

  • @Cinderblock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2262810#Comment_2262810

    The twitch vod is a decent Billy, but the survivors are almost braindead as well. Two alive for the three minute chase and neither one was working a generator? Especially after ruin was cleansed the gens should've started popping. There's no denying Lopro chains are good, but even still most plays are made without it. Bubba just has a better kit at the moment. Instantly refilling chainsaw? No overheat? Can be used mid chase and not in a straight line? He's in a better place. Does that mean he's more fun to play? Absolutely not. I love Billy and will always prefer to play him.

    As for the Otz video, the Bubba clearly had a better 3gen, and a fantastic ruin spawn. Ruin inside his 3gen? Dude got handed a W. I don't think it was an apples to apples comparison.

    Idk what the clauds were doing.

    Bubba barely moves up in his tier. he has always been straight up mid-tier. and he always will be.

    Billy is still High A tier, and that's sayin' something

    Like i said... the billy in Otz's vid wasn't the best there was.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2262332#Comment_2262332

    That's kind of the problem, though. Billy isn't a bad killer. He's got great mobility and an instadown that's almost always available. The problem is twofold; he's not the best at what he does, and he's not the easiest at what he does. Other killers encroached on his market space around the time of his nerf, and deleting all of his addons that people used combined with overheat stripped the veil away on how much more consistent results you can get on those other killers. Notice how common Bubba is? Bubba can instadown survivors no matter how much they juke him if he catches them without a window or a pallet. Little skill necessary even if your opponent is very skilled. Oni pretty much has his power on demand after the beginning of the match and has way more forgiving hitboxes. Blight can zoom around the map and zoom after survivors looping him - same charging in straight lines gameplay, improved ability to reactively change course, turn corners after a survivor, and flick.

    There isn't much reason to play Billy when other killers can get the same effects more often or with less effort. You can call people cowards all you like, but it doesn't change that Billy is a very rare sight these days despite being a killer that's able to do a lot, and that clearly indicates something is wrong.

    I feel like they gutted Billy just so people could go and get Oni, Bubba, and Blight either grinding the ever-living ######### out of them to get them or pay with money and easily get them, makes you think.

  • I don't see them that often, I ran into one yesterday. But I've been recently playing a lot of hillbilly

  • Literally never, and the rare times that I do, they get their behind handed to them so I can see why he's not picked often.

    I do however, see Spirit's every damn match.

  • I still see him quite a bit, at least not significantly less than other killers. I feel like I see him way more than Oni and a few other killers.



  • I once played a VERY unpopular (i.e. incredibly underpowerd) class in a MMO. When i got to the first main hub I got a tell from someone asking what class I was as he hadn't seen it before.


    That was fairly depressing...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263130#Comment_2263130

    Which killer have you faced the most out of interest?

    Mines Blight by quite a margin at present strangely i'm currently facing very few spirits.

    Trickster at 11.17% of my matches against him (43 times to be exact).

    Also in case your curious, my least is Pyramid Head at 1.56% of my matches (6 times to be exact).

    I started taking data the day Trickster released which is why he's so high. Second place is Doctor at 8.05% of my matches (31 times).

  • I face Hillbilly once every 20 games or so.

    The killers I face the most are Wraith (because, of course, he's "barely changed" and "only just now halfway decent"), Leatherface, Huntress, Ghostface, Spirit, and Trapper. All the rest are either roughly in the middle or, in the case of Blight, Twins, Deathslinger and Oni, barely ever at all.

  • @Laluzi said:

    After the cataclysmic Overheat of 2020, DBD's remaining Billies were relocated to a reserve in the old Thompson House, where they peacefully slaughter their parents' pigs and zoom around to their heart's content. Visitors are advised not to approach.

    There's a place called the Thompson House? I barely remember that. I think it used to be somewhere between two places called the Rotten Fields and the Rancid Abattoir but that surely can't be right because I see those places about 30 times a day.

  • I faced two Billies today. One DC'd at the start of the match after failing to down a survivor, the other tunneled a Claudette to death at 5 gens. Rough games.

  • @Cinderblock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2262411#Comment_2262411

    Not to disagree with you, but he is viable at rank 1 if you know what you're doing. The exception being Lampkin Lane or Badham Preschool (ANY OF THEM). He's definitely balanced, but a majority of his add-ons don't feel worth anything. Even double steering Billy feels awful. I do think BHVR intentionally sunk Billy so they could push Oni and Blight.

    Every killer is viable in rank 1. Might change once MMR comes out tho, sadly.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263655#Comment_2263655

    Thanks i'm a stats nerd & I find these types of things really interesting especially how varied they seem to be from player to player.

    Trickster makes sense of course but i'm surprised Pyramid Head is so low he tends to have my number so if only he was my lowest that would be nice!

    I like seeing stats too. I like taking them also within reason so that the game doesn't become boring for me. I personally also found it shocking how low Pyramid Head placed since I thought he was somewhere in the middle for me prior to taking stats this chapter.

  • @glitchboi said:

    I faced two Billies today. One DC'd at the start of the match after failing to down a survivor, the other tunneled a Claudette to death at 5 gens. Rough games.

    :/

  • It ain't a biggie, I guess it's just stuff that happens every day. I actually like going against Billy so it sucks that the games didn't go well.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2264459#Comment_2264459

    It ain't a biggie, I guess it's just stuff that happens every day. I actually like going against Billy so it sucks that the games didn't go well.

    Do you prefer VS Bubba or VS Billy?

  • I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a Billy :(

    I play him occasionally though.

  • Screenshot_20210610-100538.png

    I'm a rank one Billy on mobile. Everything is possible if you dream hard enough lol

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I face Hillbilly once every 20 games or so.

    The killers I face the most are Wraith (because, of course, he's "barely changed" and "only just now halfway decent"), Leatherface, Huntress, Ghostface, Spirit, and Trapper. All the rest are either roughly in the middle or, in the case of Blight, Twins, Deathslinger and Oni, barely ever at all.

    wraith is basically unchanged after the patch though? you just see him more often now because you don't need a purple windstorm to make him functional so people can play him more often

  • As a part time billy main it hurts my soul to see a billy once every two weeks

  • @yeet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263660#Comment_2263660

    wraith is basically unchanged after the patch though? you just see him more often now because you don't need a purple windstorm to make him functional so people can play him more often

    My opinion is that he's become much cheaper and that's why I'm seeing him at literally five or six times the rate that I did before the patch (I record all my matches so I'm able to see the frequency of chosen killers). If he's basically unchanged and just received a very minor adjustment I don't think that I'd be seeing him so much now, or finding him much more annoying to face than before.

  • Both are actually fun to go against, but I definitely prefer Billy.

  • Who? Is that even a killer in the game?

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2264545#Comment_2264545

    My opinion is that he's become much cheaper and that's why I'm seeing him at literally five or six times the rate that I did before the patch (I record all my matches so I'm able to see the frequency of chosen killers). If he's basically unchanged and just received a very minor adjustment I don't think that I'd be seeing him so much now, or finding him much more annoying to face than before.

    i literally explained as to why you're seeing him more often, he's just playable without needing a purple addon now

    you can literally go back and look at the patch and see what they changed, it's not a mystery

  • not often and when i do i try to see if they are traying to chainsaw three times so i can let em get the challenge done its the only time i use him and i hate it frankly not good with his chainsaw rather use cannibals' chainsaw just saying

    Now if i could get hillbillies to rev three times itd let me know they are clearing a challenge but then others would abuse it to trick people id imagine such is life.

  • once a week if that

  • Just played againts a Bubba! No way! :D

  • This content has been removed.
  • I am a rank 1 hillbilly main. The new maps are to blame too. Like the new RE map, billy has 0 mobility advantage on this map. Seriously, billy has so many bad maps: there are many indoor maps where his power doesn't give him a mobility advantage. There are maps where there are barely any tiles he can curve and most new maps have a lot of pallets and tiles with windows, so little deadzones he can backrev survivors. The only constant advantage is that you can zone pallets with m2 to give survivors a smaller headstart.

    He is still fun but against good survivors he is basically a m1 killer without a power.

  • Almost never - he's borderline garbage right now. Overheat was unneeded, and all of his add-ons are gutted to uselessness. More importantly, a lot of the new maps just don't favor him at all. Also, the jank hitboxes on the newer environments make hitting air 50% more likely with the saw - I found a bunch on spirit's maps recently. That was fun.

  • @aliquis said:

    I am a rank 1 hillbilly main. The new maps are to blame too. Like the new RE map, billy has 0 mobility advantage on this map. Seriously, billy has so many bad maps: there are many indoor maps where his power doesn't give him a mobility advantage. There are maps where there are barely any tiles he can curve and most new maps have a lot of pallets and tiles with windows, so little deadzones he can backrev survivors. The only constant advantage is that you can zone pallets with m2 to give survivors a smaller headstart.

    He is still fun but against good survivors he is basically a m1 killer without a power.

    When I play Billy I am trying I think too much to curve, but I too many times fail. After reading your comment I think I am maybe not the only one to blame :D

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Ive faced like 3 since his rework. I play him all the time but i do agree with the statement theres just better options then him at what he would be good at. Oni can slug everyone in 30 seconds. Bubba can chew through pallets mow through survivors and bt and not have to worry about tantruming at like all. Blight has better all around map pressure. Then we are getting so many bad billy maps. Imma crap myself as billy on the new one. Also yeah the addons are #########.

    Actually ya the number of awful billy maps has massively increased. Increase debris on the reworked maps. So many new awful indoor maps. Rpd, midwich hawkins etc. Oni seems way better on these maps and thats without factorimg the lack of good add ons billy has.

    Behaviour didn't like billy i guess so they added a mechanic to discourage people from picking him up. The billy mains can sit there and say oh but hes still good but how often is a person learning billy gonna be locked out of there power. If overheat punishes average to inexperianced billy players so aggresively. Isn't it only natural the billy playerbase would stagnate and decline.

  • Last time I faced a Billy was 2 days ago. He dc'ed after he lost his totem within the first 2 minutes.

    Before that probably about 2 weeks ago. I don't get why the devs haven't went back and reverted the overheat mechanic. I get a lot of players miss his very strong add-ons but they needed nerfed. Remove the overheat mechanic and hopefully people will start playing him again. He has always been a very fun killer to face.

  • I play him every so often when I'm a bit tired of Blight. Apparently some of the skills transfer over because I usually do very well with him.

    I had no idea Billy's were so rare though. The overheat nerf really discouraged people from using him didn't it?

  • I haven't faced a Billy at all this month... No one plays him in red ranks unless they have a daily I guess.

  • Alittle update. Still haven't faced another yet. Faced 5 bubbas and 3 onis though.

  • Last time I faced a Billy was 4 days ago. Before that probably about 1 month ago. I wish I could see him more.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    For me... it is less offten.

    Not as often anymore. I had to stop playing him after a few years ( I wasn't very good) because his headbob starting making me sick.

    It's a shame as I still consider a genuinly good curve Billy one of the scariest, most adrenaline pumping killers to play against. Good Billies still exist but no one even wants to learn him anymore because of overheat.

  • I have never faced a billy, like ever. The only time I ever see a billy is when I play him. Most of my matches have been Myers, Ghostfaces and a few freddy mains. It's mainly just Myer mains though,

1 2 3