Can we talk about the ultimate second chance survivor build?

Dead hard, borrowed time, unbreakable, decisive strike.


this is the absolute crutch meta build I've ever seen in this game and it's used a lot.


4 second chance perks? Come on. How can you think you're good when you're using 4 second chance crutch perks?


This build is problematic and it's even worse when all 4 survivors use it. (SWF)

Comments

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208454#Comment_2208454

    I wasn't derailing the thread, you said swf wasn't common. It is, unless your specifically talking about 4 man swf and denying that 2/3 man swf have power then this is on topic.

    I tend not to care for swf personally. They have an advantage, but unless they're a tourney squad then they aren't invincible. Yes losses are mostly my fault, if not all my fault (this is about rng), but knowing that they have an inherent advantage because they decided to chose to play as friends is annoying, and knowing that I cannot swap killers to deal with them/ have no notification saying that they are swf so I can't swap out stuff pregame forces me into the mentality to play nurse or hag to win incase they are swf and semi-competent.

    I also play pretty much 50/50.

    I was just addressing the point that you made that swf aren't that common, which they are, and no matter what type of swf there is a benefit to going even 2 man swf. So to just count 4 man swf in this sort of discussion is ridiculous. Whilst 4 man swf is the most problematic, the others are a boost.

    Maybe, rather than being disingenuous, actually address my points. If you cannot do something that simple then a discussion is not what your looking for, more so your looking for an echo chamber.

    What I said was: "Except you think every match is a SWF - when most of them obviously aren't" - I am not talking IN GENERAL I was referring (again) to his VODs where it is obvious that he was not facing bully squads etc - like he claims he is almost EVERY match. You will find that Lord_Tony loves to speak using hyperbole and vitriol most of the time.

    There is no denying SWFs exist and that they can have advantages over matches with all solo players. I personally have no issues with SWFs - I like a challenge and frankly solo teams sometimes are laughably easy. I gain way more pleasure from owning a 2-4 man SWF than I do beating up a bunch of randoms running around aimlessly.

    Unlike Tony - I own my mistakes and when I am outplayed - whether that be by solos or a SWF - I own that too. I don't need to throw a temper tantrum on my stream and come to the forums and continue acting like a petulant brat throwing a temper tantrum spouting off hyperbolic claims.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Dead hard, borrowed time, unbreakable, decisive strike.

    this is the absolute crutch meta build I've ever seen in this game and it's used a lot.

    4 second chance perks? Come on. How can you think you're good when you're using 4 second chance crutch perks?

    This build is problematic and it's even worse when all 4 survivors use it. (SWF)

    Dead hard ? Just anticipate it after once

    BT ? Dont tunnel

    Unbreakable ? Dont slug

    Ds ? Again dont tunnel

    Its fine as it is. Its just excuses to nerf survivors again because you cant handle them

    You cant win everytime

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206740#Comment_2206740

    If you hate SWF so much, then why not play nurse or spirit?

    He plays Spirit, gets 4 outed and rage quits. Just playing a stronger killer isn’t the answer because SWF isn’t the problem, it’s that his gameplay needs work.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206748#Comment_2206748

    yeah ok and survivors don't abuse perks either.

    perks being abused outside their intended purpose totally doesn't happen, right?

    Like with DS just don't tunnel, right? Well they working on a ######### generator and you randomly came across them only to eat a DS

    Wasting your time. Survivors have never and will never care about fairness. They just want easy games, easy wins and a clown with a rubber knife to entertain them and be their punching bag. Don't try to use logic with them.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207249#Comment_2207249

    He plays Spirit, gets 4 outed and rage quits. Just playing a stronger killer isn’t the answer because SWF isn’t the problem, it’s that his gameplay needs work.

    I ragequitted because I wasn't running stridor and everyone had ######### iron will.


    ######### that ######### made me so mad.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206740#Comment_2206740

    You exaggerate how powerful SWF are. I've seen you play. Most of those people are solos. This is a classic case of mad cuz bad.

    Finally someone said it thank you

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208687#Comment_2208687

    I ragequitted because I wasn't running stridor and everyone had ######### iron will.

    ######### that ######### made me so mad.

    Try playing a while without sound and a while as survivor l. I tend to play Survivor so that second one came naturally but I ended up playing a couple nights as killer without sound (late at night and my headset was broken) you'll find that you start figuring where survivors are without the sound cues and iron will won't be as much a problem

    (make no mistake it will always be easier with thr sound but it'll make it more doable without the cues)

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209058#Comment_2209058

    Try playing a while without sound and a while as survivor l. I tend to play Survivor so that second one came naturally but I ended up playing a couple nights as killer without sound (late at night and my headset was broken) you'll find that you start figuring where survivors are without the sound cues and iron will won't be as much a problem

    (make no mistake it will always be easier with thr sound but it'll make it more doable without the cues)

    but I can't see them either so kinda hard when I can't see them or hear them

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    this isnt a discussion about killer perks, go make your own topic

    "Dont talk about me and my problems! Only talk about you! Only you have problems"

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206758#Comment_2206758

    "Dont talk about me and my problems! Only talk about you! Only you have problems"

    Yeah the hypocrisy be killing me

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209198#Comment_2209198

    but I can't see them either so kinda hard when I can't see them or hear them

    Sorry if I wasn't clear but what I was recommending wasn't so they would be easier to spot its so that you would better know where to look for them

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Dead hard, borrowed time, unbreakable, decisive strike.

    this is the absolute crutch meta build I've ever seen in this game and it's used a lot.

    4 second chance perks? Come on. How can you think you're good when you're using 4 second chance crutch perks?

    This build is problematic and it's even worse when all 4 survivors use it. (SWF)

    Im a killer main and i hv no problem survivors running this perk.

    Unbreakable is the only big issue as slugging is an amazing strat, ds and bt shouldn't even be a problem if you're a good killer

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Can we talk about the crutch killer build? Corrupt, ruin,pop,tinkerer/bbq. When it works it stalls the game with corrupt. Then you have 2 gen regression perks which ones guaranteed to get value. In a match were this works the killer gets so much leeway the survivors cant come back from. Then throw it on a good killer that already operates fine like blight nurse or spirit its very overkill. Point is both sides have bs perks and builds that need and wil eventually be addressed its not just one side.

    Ow i'd bet my remaining nut killers would give up ruin / undying / pop if survivors would run something else as well.....

    Hell ... was running some really stupid Coloraphobia / Sloppy / Thana build on Legion to get a Iridiscent Malicious Emblem challenge done and sudently got on a win streak... you bots don't even know what do when playing anti - meta. "wait, we can't heal up under the killers nose then hop on gens? Wait, i've wated all this time looking for totems?! Whelp, i didn't find a totem, ow he kicked that one gen, might as well leave it cos Pop" Like it was a beatiful sight to see 2 people trying to heal a third while i'm chasing the 4th around the hook and the unhooked dude isn't even healed by the time the time the 4th goes down.....

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208687#Comment_2208687

    I ragequitted because I wasn't running stridor and everyone had ######### iron will.

    ######### that ######### made me so mad.

    Just watched one of your vods, and holy ######### you are both toxic and horrible at the game, you chase someone for 2 minut's without pressuring any other gen's and then complain about "genrushing", you randomly throw powers without knowing how too use them, and you play incredibly toxic, and then proceed too complain about "toxic swf".

    Grow the ######### up.

  • So many people complain about gen speeds. I'm sorry but when you're a solo survivor sitting there for a minute and a half while your teammates are goofing around with all the looping crap is quite long enough. And if the killer finds you - which, given that you're sitting in one place making noise for 80 seconds is likely - you either abandon and / or lose all progress on that generator. Which, by the way, gives less points that the people who like to just run around playing tag with the killer.

    I've played games where I was the only person doing generators, ie the only person making actual progress in the match. That's a combined six minutes of doing basically nothing in a game where the average match length is ten minutes or less. And, again, the others get more points because they're the ones dong the loop / hook / heal cycle. Needless to say I don't do this regularly, nor would a good killer let me.

    So yeah, maybe in SWF gens go too fast, but it's tiresome to hear how much SLOWER they need to be just so the killer can get more kills. The killers win the game plenty. I've had countless, COUNTLESS games where at least 2-3 generators were left, and quite a few where none got done at all, so I guess the gen speed isn't as ridiculous as it could be.

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206750#Comment_2206750

    Wasting your time. Survivors have never and will never care about fairness. They just want easy games, easy wins and a clown with a rubber knife to entertain them and be their punching bag. Don't try to use logic with them.

    Don't speak for all of us, please.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Can we talk about the crutch killer build? Corrupt, ruin,pop,tinkerer/bbq. When it works it stalls the game with corrupt. Then you have 2 gen regression perks which ones guaranteed to get value. In a match were this works the killer gets so much leeway the survivors cant come back from. Then throw it on a good killer that already operates fine like blight nurse or spirit its very overkill. Point is both sides have bs perks and builds that need and wil eventually be addressed its not just one side.

    Every perk you mentioned has some kind of requirement that prevents it from being a serving chance.


    Corrupt.. I'll give you this one.


    Ruin... Nerfed and unreliable totem spawns render it useless early.


    PGTW... You have to hook someone. Not an easy task at high ranks.


    Tink/BBQ... Useless on it's own/requires a hook. Has like 7 counters.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206748#Comment_2206748

    yeah ok and survivors don't abuse perks either.

    perks being abused outside their intended purpose totally doesn't happen, right?

    Like with DS just don't tunnel, right? Well they working on a ######### generator and you randomly came across them only to eat a DS

    You can pick them up with nerfed ds my dude, i think you're late, or don't read the patch notes.

  • @Ferrari334 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206737#Comment_2206737

    The solution is to make weaker forms of those perks a base part of the game, so that killer doesn't have to run slow down perks to have a chance at winning against good teams.

    Base regression should be 200% of what it is now (ruin now less important)

    Kicking gens should automatically remove 10%. (just nerf PGTW to extra 15%, so less important)

    Should have the 3 gens farthest from killer blocked for 30 secs at the start of every match. (Corrupt can add 60 seconds)

    Tinkerer problem will solve itself because killers won't be running slowdown perks nearly as much if they just did what I suggested above.

    The kicking things it's just bad honestly, giving free perk to one side will not fix the game, they just need a form of early game slowdown, but it should be engaging even for survivor (for example they have to collect parts before starting a gen)

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206737#Comment_2206737

    Every perk you mentioned has some kind of requirement that prevents it from being a serving chance.

    Corrupt.. I'll give you this one.

    Ruin... Nerfed and unreliable totem spawns render it useless early.

    PGTW... You have to hook someone. Not an easy task at high ranks.

    Tink/BBQ... Useless on it's own/requires a hook. Has like 7 counters.

    Ruin is the strongest regression perk in the game, and you forgot to mention tinkerer, probably because it's free information + stealth for killers while they're failing at pressuring gens

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206750#Comment_2206750

    Wasting your time. Survivors have never and will never care about fairness. They just want easy games, easy wins and a clown with a rubber knife to entertain them and be their punching bag. Don't try to use logic with them.

    May want to actually think about your claim. This is a killer main that wants easy wins, which also seems to be half of the forum, tbh.

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206810#Comment_2206810

    The kicking things it's just bad honestly, giving free perk to one side will not fix the game, they just need a form of early game slowdown, but it should be engaging even for survivor (for example they have to collect parts before starting a gen)

    mmmmm there was a scrapped "early game collapse" at one point iirc. One.... thematic idea would be none / some of the gens spawn. More will spawn in 2-3 minutes. Around the map there are altars. Survivors can interact with these altars, (very fast interaction, shouldn't be bait for the killer) to shave like 30 seconds of the timer in exchange for some of their blood (they take a health state of damage and are possibly borken for like 30 seconds).

    In either case some side objective would be nice.... and while i have literally won a couple games by doing an early patrol... hearing nobody doing gens, going to my totem and getting a quick down on the ruin dude, then patrolling the ruin because now we have one guy going to unhook and a third going for the ruin and i have 1 person on gens for like the first 5 minutes of a game..... that's really unreliable

  • Maybe you should talk about why people use it. I use borrowed time, unbreakable, decisive strike and iron will since the rank reset bug because in yellow/green ranks (where I guess the majority is) it's a camp/tunnel fest and as a solo survivor it's a nightmare without them.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208687#Comment_2208687

    I ragequitted because I wasn't running stridor and everyone had ######### iron will.

    ######### that ######### made me so mad.

    how can you expect to play better if you DC? I have had plenty of bad games from both sides but I just suck it up, take the points and move on to the next match. This game seems to be causing you a lot of stress, maybe you need to take a break.

  • Holy ######### is it THEE Lord Tony himself? It always brings a smile to my face to see you post. Can someone link the vod of him playing on The Game with the Ash?

  • Reading your forum posts and I actually caught some of your stream the other day has me extremely curious.....why in the hell do you play this game? It does not seem like you are enjoying yourself at all. Unless you enjoy making yourself miserable?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Can we talk about the crutch killer build? Corrupt, ruin,pop,tinkerer/bbq. When it works it stalls the game with corrupt. Then you have 2 gen regression perks which ones guaranteed to get value. In a match were this works the killer gets so much leeway the survivors cant come back from. Then throw it on a good killer that already operates fine like blight nurse or spirit its very overkill. Point is both sides have bs perks and builds that need and wil eventually be addressed its not just one side.

    lets talk about both being cancer and instead of fixing only one sides problems fix both to make all communities better and more happy

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208704#Comment_2208704

    May want to actually think about your claim. This is a killer main that wants easy wins, which also seems to be half of the forum, tbh.

    no I want the game balanced.


    I actually felt bad when I was playing iri head infantry belt huntress against noob solos (before nerf)


    and SWF is far from balanced to the point it's unfair

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206750#Comment_2206750

    You can pick them up with nerfed ds my dude, i think you're late, or don't read the patch notes.

    I was tlaking about BEFORE the nerf and DS was left unchaged for YEARS


    but undying gets nerfed in months

  • Now we are talking seriously. Yes that is a huge crutch build and almost everyone use it in red ranks, but its entirely devs fault that things like this exist, you can't really blame survivors for using that build or similar ones, they are able to use it and they go with it. Its the devs that should not be giving so much second chance perks to survivors imo, but im no dev so.. we have to deal with it.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Each side a very oppressive build. Survivors have the build you mentioned and killers have Corrupt, Ruin, Pop and Tinkerer.

    DS is never seen anymore so I don't know why it's mentioned. With how easy it is to tunnel Borrowed Time needs to be run. I literally lost 4/5 games last night because no one had unbreakable so at least 1 or 2 people need to run it. Dead hard is annoying for certain killers but a lot can counter it quite easily. Also with dead hard if you wait you can bait it out, just remember they have it.

    Also there's no need to shout at everyone. You said no one can say they're good if they run that build? This is like me saying no one can say that they're good if they use Corrupt (Strider), Ruin, Pop (Undying) and Tinkerer on Spirit or Nurse.

    Come on you can't compare Dead hard to Corrupt.. lol that is a one time use perk that just gives some time at first but it encourage survivors to do gens together, so its a give and take. Ruin die too as soon as its destroyed, with pop the killer have to hook someone. Tinkerer its the only perk that requiere no effort to trigger it.

    You can use dead hard the whole match and DH can't be deal with if you are a nurse or if they use it for distance, don't try to give DH a counter because it doesn't have and the reach it gives is broken, its just there because the devs don't know or refuse to fix the desync in matchs. But that doesn't mean it should be there. DH should give immunity or reach not both...

  • the immunity dead hard gives is so annoying.


    When I'm playing deathslinger I can't bait out good DH users by pretending to shoot, I have to actually shoot.


    So I have to PREDICT where they are going be it left, right, straight, 360, etc.


    So if I shoot at a spot I predict they will dead hard AND hit them I trigger an invincible frame.


    So I'm literally punished for baiting and predicting their dead hard.

  • Why are survivors even so oppressive anyways?


    Aren't killers suppose to feel like bossfights?


    and yet survivors are the boss fights

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206801#Comment_2206801

    Come on you can't compare Dead hard to Corrupt.. lol that is a one time use perk that just gives some time at first but it encourage survivors to do gens together, so its a give and take. Ruin die too as soon as its destroyed, with pop the killer have to hook someone. Tinkerer its the only perk that requiere no effort to trigger it.

    You can use dead hard the whole match and DH can't be deal with if you are a nurse or if they use it for distance, don't try to give DH a counter because it doesn't have and the reach it gives is broken, its just there because the devs don't know or refuse to fix the desync in matchs. But that doesn't mean it should be there. DH should give immunity or reach not both...

    I'm comparing 4 overwhelming perks to 4 overwhelming perks lol

    Dead hard can't be used the whole match lol it also has it's trigger (getting injured). Here is some situations where dead hard is countered:

    • The killer has a instadown
    • Your in a dead zone
    • Killer waits for it
    • Exhaustion perks/add-ons

    I wouldn't compare dead hard to corrupt but at least corrupt guaranteed works every game but if you want to, you can stop any survivor getting value out of their dead hard.

    Also for the other 3 perks that the OP mentioned they also have a trigger. DS is literally tunnelling a survivor who isn't trying to progress the game, BT is the same. For unbreakable value you need to get slugged, which doesn't always happen.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    the immunity dead hard gives is so annoying.

    When I'm playing deathslinger I can't bait out good DH users by pretending to shoot, I have to actually shoot.

    So I have to PREDICT where they are going be it left, right, straight, 360, etc.

    So if I shoot at a spot I predict they will dead hard AND hit them I trigger an invincible frame.

    So I'm literally punished for baiting and predicting their dead hard.

    Wow against good survivors someone who we know already not bring good gets actually outplayed?

    Mind-blowing 🤯

  • again you're forgetting the fact killers kicking generators without perks is 100% useless and gen speeds are super ######### fast.


    so we can't be expected to use ruin, pop and corrupt now?


    yes they are crutch perks but we need them because kicking mechanics are ######### garbage. It also doesn't help gen tapping is a thing


    survivors with their crutch perks need them for their lack of skill. There is a huge difference

  • Running all four is sweaty. This is mirrored by Killer regression Meta, sweaty.

    Welcome to Red ranks, I hope you enjoy your stay.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    again you're forgetting the fact killers kicking generators without perks is 100% useless and gen speeds are super ######### fast.

    so we can't be expected to use ruin, pop and corrupt now?

    yes they are crutch perks but we need them because kicking mechanics are ######### garbage. It also doesn't help gen tapping is a thing

    survivors with their crutch perks need them for their lack of skill. There is a huge difference

    Your style of gameplay that's what needs a buff because I don't even play killer and I know half for the stuff that you did is a no no

  • @DropdeadPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211919#Comment_2211919

    Your style of gameplay that's what needs a buff because I don't even play killer and I know half for the stuff that you did is a no no

    yeah I was told the mistake I made was kicking a generator without perks.


    that alone should tell you kicking gens needs a ######### buff

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211939#Comment_2211939

    yeah I was told the mistake I made was kicking a generator without perks.

    that alone should tell you kicking gens needs a ######### buff

    If that's what you think but from what I saw you chase the guy for 2 minutes why why chase them for that long that was your biggest mistake like the amount of gennys that can get done in that time frame you were asking for it

  • Ah yes, only SWFs use only meta perks, why haven't I realized this sooner.

    Tony is still the Sluzzy of SWFs I see.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211507#Comment_2211507

    I'm comparing 4 overwhelming perks to 4 overwhelming perks lol

    Dead hard can't be used the whole match lol it also has it's trigger (getting injured). Here is some situations where dead hard is countered:

    • The killer has a instadown
    • Your in a dead zone
    • Killer waits for it
    • Exhaustion perks/add-ons

    I wouldn't compare dead hard to corrupt but at least corrupt guaranteed works every game but if you want to, you can stop any survivor getting value out of their dead hard.

    Also for the other 3 perks that the OP mentioned they also have a trigger. DS is literally tunnelling a survivor who isn't trying to progress the game, BT is the same. For unbreakable value you need to get slugged, which doesn't always happen.

    Yep and people are going to ignore these facts in pursuit of their own personal narrative because people like this I just laugh at

  • @thefallenloser said:

    Ah yes, only SWFs use only meta perks, why haven't I realized this sooner.

    Tony is still the Sluzzy of SWFs I see.

    so then go make your own thread about killer perks.


    I'm not going to sit here for hours arguing over both sides here.

  • @DropdeadPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211948#Comment_2211948

    If that's what you think but from what I saw you chase the guy for 2 minutes why why chase them for that long that was your biggest mistake like the amount of gennys that can get done in that time frame you were asking for it

    one game I was doing nothing but patrolling generators and they still were flying by fast.


    Gen speeds are ######### insane

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211969#Comment_2211969

    so then go make your own thread about killer perks.

    I'm not going to sit here for hours arguing over both sides here.

    I'm not even a survivor main, I play both sides pretty evenly.

    My problem is how everything wrong with the game is attributed to SWFs with you.

    You need to play survivor.

  • @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211990#Comment_2211990

    I'm not even a survivor main, I play both sides pretty evenly.

    My problem is how everything wrong with the game is attributed to SWFs with you.

    You need to play survivor.

    Why would I play survivor SOLO?


    It's only OP with SWF

  • Get some friends, get into a SWF.

    Obviously.

1 2 3