Can we talk about the ultimate second chance survivor build?

Dead hard, borrowed time, unbreakable, decisive strike.


this is the absolute crutch meta build I've ever seen in this game and it's used a lot.


4 second chance perks? Come on. How can you think you're good when you're using 4 second chance crutch perks?


This build is problematic and it's even worse when all 4 survivors use it. (SWF)

Comments

  • Can we talk about the crutch killer build? Corrupt, ruin,pop,tinkerer/bbq. When it works it stalls the game with corrupt. Then you have 2 gen regression perks which ones guaranteed to get value. In a match were this works the killer gets so much leeway the survivors cant come back from. Then throw it on a good killer that already operates fine like blight nurse or spirit its very overkill. Point is both sides have bs perks and builds that need and wil eventually be addressed its not just one side.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Can we talk about the crutch killer build? Corrupt, ruin,pop,tinkerer/bbq. When it works it stalls the game with corrupt. Then you have 2 gen regression perks which ones guaranteed to get value. In a match were this works the killer gets so much leeway the survivors cant come back from. Then throw it on a good killer that already opperates fine like blight nurse or spirit its very overkill.

    You have absolutely no room to talk when SWF is dominating this ######### game and making killers look like a joke. It's not that survivors need the ultimate crutch combo of DH, BT, UB, DS it's that they want to bully the ######### killer.


    Corrupt? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.


    Ruin? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS. + DEFAULT KICKING DOES LITERALLY NOTHING + IT'S GONE IN 30 SECONDS ANYWAYS


    Pop? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS + DEFAULT KICKING DOES LITERALLY NOTHING


    Tinkerer? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.


    bbq? just hide in a ######### locker.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206737#Comment_2206737

    You have absolutely no room to talk when SWF is dominating this ######### game and making killers look like a joke.

    Corrupt? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.

    Ruin? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.

    Pop? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS + DEFAULT KICKING DOES LITERALLY NOTHING

    Tinkerer? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.

    bbq? just hide in a ######### locker.

    Unbreakable: killers slug very commonly in red (i would know i do it to for pressure).

    Borrowed: hit the unhooker or wait the 12 seconds.

    Dead hard: wait it out and if they use it for distance then just get them at the next loop.

    Decisive: if your getting hit by nerfed ds which is made for pure anti tunnel (since they cant progress the game) either your tunneling or oblivious.

  • you complaining about us using gen regression perks.


    Well it takes us 3 seconds to kick a gen to initiate a painfully slow gen regression with little to no damage.


    Only for a survivor to completely HALT regression at 1/60th of a second known as gen tapping.


    yeah that's totally fair. (sarcasm)


    So killers using gen regression perks in this case alone is justified because our base power at kicking gens is absolutely ######### garbage it's shameful

  • Literally all you have to do to counter 3 of these perks is go after the person who unhooked

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Literally all you have to do to counter 3 of these perks is go after the person who unhooked

    yeah ok and survivors don't abuse perks either.


    perks being abused outside their intended purpose totally doesn't happen, right?


    Like with DS just don't tunnel, right? Well they working on a ######### generator and you randomly came across them only to eat a DS

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    you complaining about us using gen regression perks.

    Well it takes us 3 seconds to kick a gen to initiate a painfully slow gen regression with little to no damage.

    Only for a survivor to completely HALT regression at 1/60th of a second known as gen tapping.

    yeah that's totally fair. (sarcasm)

    So killers using gen regression perks in this case alone is justified because our base power at kicking gens is absolutely ######### garbage it's shameful

    Okay so you explained a good reason for using pop or ruin. What you didn't explain is stacking corrupt,ruin,pop, i could even throw undying on there to tbh. If you pressure well you can do just fine on corrupt pop or i personally good with pop bbq.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206747#Comment_2206747

    Okay so you explained a good reason for using pop or ruin. What you didn't explain is stacking corrupt,ruin,pop, i could even throw undying on there to tbh. If you pressure well you can do just fine on corrupt pop or i personally good with pop bbq.

    Corrupt honestly needs to be basekit, gen speeds are ######### ridiculous.


    pop doesn't work with ruin.


    ruin gets cleansed in 30 seconds.


    We need pop because again, kicking gens without perks does literally nothing. What you expect us to do? We can't pressure gens at basekit without perks because ######### kicking them DOES NOTHING



    also I like how you changed this discussion from survivor try hard perks to killer try hard perks, why don't you just make a thread about killer tryhard perks and stay out of this one

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206748#Comment_2206748

    yeah ok and survivors don't abuse perks either.

    perks being abused outside their intended purpose totally doesn't happen, right?

    Like with DS just don't tunnel, right? Well they working on a ######### generator and you randomly came across them only to eat a DS

    ....

    hqdefault (2).jpg

    This ds?

  • this isnt a discussion about killer perks, go make your own topic

  • I was talking about BEFORE the nerf because it had to be changed BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF ABUSE IT PLAGUED KILLERS FOR YEARS

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206748#Comment_2206748

    yeah ok and survivors don't abuse perks either.

    perks being abused outside their intended purpose totally doesn't happen, right?

    Like with DS just don't tunnel, right? Well they working on a ######### generator and you randomly came across them only to eat a DS

    The only one that can now be "abused" is BT, but since its changes, it's much easier for the killer to wait out the endurance. Are you ever going to take people's advice or are you just going to make "killer good, survivor bad" posts forever?

  • @Bumbaclaart said:

    How can killers think they are good when they have powers and weapons to attack with, and they still lose to puny humans who have no way of fighting back?

    the game is survivor sided, so.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206750#Comment_2206750

    The only one that can now be "abused" is BT, but since its changes, it's much easier for the killer to wait out the endurance. Are you ever going to take people's advice or are you just going to make "killer good, survivor bad" posts forever?

    Everytime I try to avoid the BT user and go for the unhooker, the BT user just ######### keeps body blocking me instead knowing I can't ######### down them.


    That's entirely bullshit.

  • I call it the I-can't-go-after-the-person-who-just-got-unhooked build.

    Killers call it second chances. Survivors call it give them a chance. Semantics, ain't it fascinating?

  • Im assuming if your saying this your a tourney player. May i ask what team you play on? Personally i prefer oracle but im open to more teams. I mean thats the only conclusion that i could come to. Or your at the top 1% where you scrim with the best teams and need only nurse or spirit to Stand a chance. But mmr isnt activated yet...hmm.

  • Finally someone opens a topic about Survivor Perks!

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206767#Comment_2206767

    Everytime I try to avoid the BT user and go for the unhooker, the BT user just ######### keeps body blocking me instead knowing I can't ######### down them.

    That's entirely bullshit.

    Did you or did you not read the post that you just quoted? The devs made it significantly easier to wait out the endurance if the unhooked survivor body blocks.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206772#Comment_2206772

    Im assuming if your saying this your a tourney player. May i ask what team you play on? Personally i prefer oracle but im open to more teams. I mean thats the only conclusion that i could come to. Or your at the top 1% where you scrim with the best teams and need only nurse or spirit to Stand a chance.

    What "team" for killers? It's ONE person

  • @Bwsted said:

    I call it the I-can't-go-after-the-person-who-just-got-unhooked build.

    Killers call it second chances. Survivors call it give them a chance. Semantics, ain't it fascinating?

    I can't go after the unhooker either because the BT ######### keeps body blocking me.

  • Both sides have crutch perks and both sides have real people playing.

    It's life, sometimes you find a nice killer, sometimes you don't. And the same with survivors and SWF.

    I think I've said this before, but I think what's going on in the game is a result of grudges from previous matches and it's a snowball going down a slope. It just gets bigger and bigger, crashing everyone on the way down.

    I no longer care, I change builds to try specific things, I change them randomly or go in alphabetical order to see what crap build I get, etc.

    If I have a fun game, whether I die or not, safe.

    If I don't have fun, I move on.

    And then, if I go on to 5 matches and I get destroyed, I go play a other game.

  • Tournaments have teams with one normally being a killer player. Thats the recommendation at least some teams only have survivor main players but it doesnt work out that well when they have to play killer. So im assuming like i said if your talking about the game being survivor sided at the highest level your one of those tourney killers who faces oracle and needs only spirit and nurse to win? So id love to know the team your on. Or else how would this really effect you?

  • Each side a very oppressive build. Survivors have the build you mentioned and killers have Corrupt, Ruin, Pop and Tinkerer.

    DS is never seen anymore so I don't know why it's mentioned. With how easy it is to tunnel Borrowed Time needs to be run. I literally lost 4/5 games last night because no one had unbreakable so at least 1 or 2 people need to run it. Dead hard is annoying for certain killers but a lot can counter it quite easily. Also with dead hard if you wait you can bait it out, just remember they have it.

    Also there's no need to shout at everyone. You said no one can say they're good if they run that build? This is like me saying no one can say that they're good if they use Corrupt (Strider), Ruin, Pop (Undying) and Tinkerer on Spirit or Nurse.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Can we talk about the crutch killer build? Corrupt, ruin,pop,tinkerer/bbq. When it works it stalls the game with corrupt. Then you have 2 gen regression perks which ones guaranteed to get value. In a match were this works the killer gets so much leeway the survivors cant come back from. Then throw it on a good killer that already opperates fine like blight nurse or spirit its very overkill.

    To be perfectly fair, there's a difference between a strong build and a second chance build.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206788#Comment_2206788

    Definitely, he’s like the slightly more sad version of sluzzy though since I’ve seen sluzzy play and he plays better than tony. Just watch his twitch and rofl.

    I mean has to be,I refuse to believe this level of entitlement exist

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206796#Comment_2206796

    I mean has to be,I refuse to believe this level of entitlement exist

    You’d definitely enjoy watching his twitch vods (I can never see him when he’s online) but 10/10 I’ve never laughed as hard except when watching Dave chapelle (comedian).

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206818#Comment_2206818

    You’d definitely enjoy watching his twitch vods (I can never see him when he’s online) but 10/10 I’ve never laughed as hard except when watching Dave chapelle (comedian).

    Well Idk any of their twitch users so unfortunately not able to

  • The most insane 2nd chance survivor build is

    No mither: can literally pick yourself up infinite times

    Unbreakable: for getting up even faster

    Deliverance: not only a free self unhook but with no mither there's not even a downside

    Mettle of man - another free health state and bc you can't heal you avoid the aura reading downside as well

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206818#Comment_2206818

    You’d definitely enjoy watching his twitch vods (I can never see him when he’s online) but 10/10 I’ve never laughed as hard except when watching Dave chapelle (comedian).

    Oh lol now I know 😂

  • With the ds nerf, 2 perks of your loadout give only a second chance when the killer tunnels.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206818#Comment_2206818

    You’d definitely enjoy watching his twitch vods (I can never see him when he’s online) but 10/10 I’ve never laughed as hard except when watching Dave chapelle (comedian).

    He is the only streamer I know (even amongst the killer main streamers) to throw constant hissy fits and even quit matches when he is losing. His behavior on stream explains his behavior/posts on the forums.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Dead hard, borrowed time, unbreakable, decisive strike.

    this is the absolute crutch meta build I've ever seen in this game and it's used a lot.

    4 second chance perks? Come on. How can you think you're good when you're using 4 second chance crutch perks?

    This build is problematic and it's even worse when all 4 survivors use it. (SWF)

    Funny I just watched one of your VODs and not ONE survivor had this build in ANY match you played in your 3 hour 49 minute stream. If you are going to exaggerate and be all hyperbolic - just remember that your VODs exist :) I did chuckle when you rage quit a match though.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Dead hard, borrowed time, unbreakable, decisive strike.

    this is the absolute crutch meta build I've ever seen in this game and it's used a lot.

    4 second chance perks? Come on. How can you think you're good when you're using 4 second chance crutch perks?

    This build is problematic and it's even worse when all 4 survivors use it. (SWF)

    You think those are the ULTIMATE second chance? My boy, you've never seen Mettle of Man in its PRIME that perk left me scarred and deformed but my will has never been stronger!


    But no seriously, Dead Hard is just an evasion tactic it relies entirely on the survivor's ability to use it in response to the map environment and the killer's tactics. If he's in a good position to use it than he had good tactical play, its a simple tool nothing more it requires the survivor to use it


    As for unbreakable it can be entirely negated by picking the survivor up, if the survivor is greedy and tries to use it with DS simply slugging them and leaving em behind causes them to lose their DS charge, keeps em on the ground and forces them to either use unbreakabill or have another survivor pick em up. Either way they are occupied and its a win win. As for Borrowed time, just go after the other survivor which is what you should do to apply the best tactical pressure


    The dude that was on hook has not been pressuring gens and is likely going to heal. Going after an unhook does not slow the game down at all unless the other survs are actively trying to rescue him, what does slow the game down is going after the un-hooker so he can't heal the other dude or return to gens. Which means the unhooked survivor has to either heal himself or have the other two heal him which buys time for you

  • Talk about a perfectly fine build?

    No.

    CC58A6FE-3425-410B-9E39-E773467E1ED4.jpeg


  • I play against those perks all the time while playing killer. I don't have a problem with them.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206737#Comment_2206737

    You have absolutely no room to talk when SWF is dominating this ######### game and making killers look like a joke.

    Corrupt? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.

    Ruin? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.

    Pop? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS + DEFAULT KICKING DOES LITERALLY NOTHING

    Tinkerer? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.

    bbq? just hide in a ######### locker.

    You exaggerate how powerful SWF are. I've seen you play. Most of those people are solos. This is a classic case of mad cuz bad.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206737#Comment_2206737

    You have absolutely no room to talk when SWF is dominating this ######### game and making killers look like a joke.

    Corrupt? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.

    Ruin? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.

    Pop? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS + DEFAULT KICKING DOES LITERALLY NOTHING

    Tinkerer? WE NEED THAT BECAUSE GEN SPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUS.

    bbq? just hide in a ######### locker.

    If you hate SWF so much, then why not play nurse or spirit?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Can we talk about the crutch killer build? Corrupt, ruin,pop,tinkerer/bbq. When it works it stalls the game with corrupt. Then you have 2 gen regression perks which ones guaranteed to get value. In a match were this works the killer gets so much leeway the survivors cant come back from. Then throw it on a good killer that already opperates fine like blight nurse or spirit its very overkill.

    Wait corrupt with ruin? So what, the survivors can't work on a gen so you force them to do totems?

  • @Bwsted said:

    I call it the I-can't-go-after-the-person-who-just-got-unhooked build.

    Killers call it second chances. Survivors call it give them a chance. Semantics, ain't it fascinating?

    Not that I'm agreeing with OP or anything, but to just say go after the unhooked is quite disingenuous. That's what most people would like to do until the unhooked abuses the BT to body block the rescuer.

    How about instead we make BT give zero collision? Now it still works just as well and even better with double hit scenarios like a bubba sawing you through the BT.

    Give it this and then most people can agree with you.

  • @justbecause said:

    I 99% sure you're trolling like Sluzzy did

    Sadly he's not. He even linked his twitch, and there's a vod where he has a mental breakdown while streaming. This game is just unhealthy for him, and he really should quit it

    @Phasmamain has the link, in case you want it. I lost it

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2206788#Comment_2206788

    Sadly he's not. He even linked his twitch, and there's a vod where he has a mental breakdown while streaming. This game is just unhealthy for him, and he really should quit it

    @Phasmamain has the link, in case you want it. I lost it

    Oh gosh it's just a game why would he take it so serious it's literally not real life nothing is worth of mental health especially not game

  • the game is fine, swf is unhealthy

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    the game is fine, swf is unhealthy

    Judging on your vods I’d disagree.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    the game is fine, swf is unhealthy

    Except you think every match is a SWF - when most of them obviously aren't. Just funny to those watching how many excuses you make for bad gameplay. I notice you didn't bother to comment on my post pointing out that NONE of the players in your latest stream had this supposed build that you claim is used often.

  • I always find it funny when killers complain about DS, UB, and BT. They are only powerful if you let the survivor leverage it. Each perk gives you substantial ways to play around it, and choosing to play into it means playing like a tool anyways...

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208397#Comment_2208397

    Right so if we are only talking about 4 man swf I'd agree, but even 2-3 man swf have an advantage, it's one-two less ######### teammates, plus there can be some level of coordination and you can do plays that are usually impossible as solo with even a 2 man swf. Plus you can still share info.

    I play killer plus solo and 2-3 man swf (2 mates tops, played a few games as a 4 man but not often or recent) and 2-3 man swf still have an advantage. And overall any swf makes up just under 50% of overall players (48.6%) in the most recent stats given by devs with 16% being killers. Meaning more people are swf (2-3-4 man) than solo. And we do not know the spread, but my guess would be most 3-4 man swf are in red ranks. I have no clue for 2 man swf, but the other 2 are pretty safe to guess.

    So swf is more common than people think, please don't try to underplay it. It makes you sound dishonest or even disingenuous.

    I have no issues with SWFs as a killer. But this man also thinks EVERY match he is facing is a 4 man SWF and blames that for his losses. This thread is about his claim that A LOT of players are running all his so-called clutch second chance perks.. and that is easily disproven from the VOD he had a few days ago... where NOT ONE survivor had the perks he claims a lot of them run.

    Instead of trying to derail the thread - maybe stay on topic. There are plenty of killer main threads out there decrying SWFs. I am not a "main" player... I am a 50/50 player and frankly the boogey man that is the SWF doesn't scare or deter me.

  • Having a hard time against DS? Don't tunnel.

    BT? Don't camp, use BBQ to find survivors after hooks.

    Unbreakable? Bestie you know Unbreakable is balanced you can't be serious.

    DH? I can agree that Dead Hard for distance is very unfair and that a good survivor player can execute perfect Dead Hards that extend chases a lot.

‹ 1 2 3