SWF is fair and balanced.

Comments

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2136842#Comment_2136842

    Most survivor complaints, outside of a few things like old legion and omega nurse, are based around the idea that survivors can’t impose their will on the killer (nurse/spirit have no counterplay). Those complaints aren’t even close to the actual problems like god loops and second, third, and fourth chances.

    I don't know why people keep translating "I have little to no meaningful choices to make against a good spirit/nurse" into "I just wanna bully spirit/nurse".


    ..well, actually, I do.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137333#Comment_2137333

    I don't know why people keep translating "I have little to no meaningful choices to make against a good spirit/nurse" into "I just wanna bully spirit/nurse".

    ..well, actually, I do.

    Yea this forum has a big problem with "X just wants to bully me therefore we can't make meaningful changes to this thing that i like because it means i might be 'bullied'" lmao.

  • @ad19970 said:

    It's a necessary feature in this game, without it many people would stop playing this game.

    The only solution to this is to buff solo survivors as close as possible to the level of swf survivors via information, kindred as base kit and a totem counter being the main contenders here. And then buff the majority of killers that aren't top tier yet.

    But I do also sometimes feel like some people exagerrate a bit how much stronger swf is. There certainly is a fair share of killers in this game now that can deal with good swf teams as well.

    Buffing killers how exactly? People who say this buff solo survivor meme never have killer solutions that aren't completely pitiful.

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    SWF over comms is OP, it's basically free wallhacks. If you think SWF is fair you don't play enough killer.

    I'm sorry to enlighten you but half of the killer perks are all wallhacks and prevents the other side from even doing the objective. Killers are so blatantly overpowered that a perfect genrush is the only way to possibly win, with comms I might add. Half of the killers have zero counterplay or not enough counterplay. If you don't see that, you don't play enough survivor.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2136942#Comment_2136942

    I'm sorry to enlighten you but half of the killer perks are all wallhacks and prevents the other side from even doing the objective. Killers are so blatantly overpowered that a perfect genrush is the only way to possibly win, with comms I might add. Half of the killers have zero counterplay or not enough counterplay. If you don't see that, you don't play enough survivor.

    Oh hell yeah, we got Sluzzy and Lord Tony in the same thread.

    This is bouta be the showdown of the century.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137499#Comment_2137499

    Oh hell yeah, we got Sluzzy and Lord Tony in the same thread.

    This is bouta be the showdown of the century.

    They refuse to engage in the ultimate argument sadly :(

    I got the popcorn ready 'n all but they just haven't had their anime battle yet, they only interacted with each other a few times unfortunately.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137523#Comment_2137523

    They refuse to engage in the ultimate argument sadly :(

    I got the popcorn ready 'n all but they just haven't had their anime battle yet, they only interacted with each other a few times unfortunately.

    Damn. Here I was thinking I could get some quality entertainment for the night.

    Don't worry my friend, I'm sure one day they'll finally engage in the ultimate dbd forum battle that will be remembered for years to come. Until that day though, I wait in eager anticipation.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137525#Comment_2137525

    Damn. Here I was thinking I could get some quality entertainment for the night.

    Don't worry my friend, I'm sure one day they'll finally engage in the ultimate dbd forum battle that will be remembered for years to come. Until that day though, I wait in eager anticipation.

    I got my pitchfork ready!

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137333#Comment_2137333

    I don't know why people keep translating "I have little to no meaningful choices to make against a good spirit/nurse" into "I just wanna bully spirit/nurse".

    ..well, actually, I do.

    How is making a read and not getting hit not a meaningful choice?

    On the flip side, how is there anything meaningful about imposing god loops and slamming pallets against m1 killers? There are more than enough pallets on a map for a survivor to play safe and allow the rest of the team to do gens.

  • @Stryker said:

    happend to me today, i went against a SWF(3 people), 2 of them were 3-4 red rank, and 1 rank 13 (with good addons), and yeah, it was extremely painful and unfun(...was using a trickster with 3 bad perks...).

    SWF is unfair, because this game isn't balanced at all and it can't be competitive due to many, many problems( such as lightining that changes when you lower the graphic, and putting it on the lowest setting, the game becomes very bright, and not everyone knows this thing, so, if you play a sa killer without knowing this, you basically get a minor handicap.....)

    remove SWF? no....but make an option that allows the killers to avoid SWF players.

    As a killer, no, i don't want to waste 20 minutes with queue, and if you just don't go against SWF, you will always be bad.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127173#Comment_2127173

    I don't think it necessarily means more chat functions, there can be gameplay tools to emulate communication, that SWFs would have no need for.

    I've suggested the following ideas, maybe not all of these at once, and maybe the Glass Bead one would still be an overall buff for SWFs too, but still, it's ideas:

    1. Survivors can view each others perks and item loads outs in the lobby, so they know the capabilities of their team mates.
    2. Survivors can press a button to trigger a pre-set map-wide message, something like "Killer is here", "Coast is clear", "Help me", "Leave me". In addition, have this 'ping' in their direction so you know where the message is coming from. Maybe with a 30s cooldown.
    3. Make the 'Glass Bead' add-on a default mechanic of all maps.
    4. Make something 'like' Kindred/Empathy/Bond a basekit feature. Perhaps you can hold down a button to trigger 'Survivor Instinct' which gives you a general direction that each survivor is in via the 'heartbeat' graphic of Killer Instinct. Give it a cooldown obviously. This wouldn't be an aura so not technically as strong as Kindred etc.

    I mean, some of this changes will kill trapper even more, the glass bead add on its the one that make you point things to all your team with a beacon of light, right?

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127183#Comment_2127183

    I mean, some of this changes will kill trapper even more, the glass bead add on its the one that make you point things to all your team with a beacon of light, right?

    Yep.

    SWF can say "there's a trap (here)" over comms.

    Solo should be able to use things like Glass Bead more often for a similar effect. I wouldn't say base kit, but it's wasted being such a niche add-on for maps that rarely get used as it is. At least by making it default for all maps, you don't need to worry about it as an add-on.

  • @Seanzu said:

    You know the majority of people don't actually struggle against SWF. The ones that do just seem to congregate on this forum and create a huge echo chamber, I would suggest putting more hours into killer, it's not that hard.

    There are def teams that are DISGUSTINGLY sufficient and make the game unwinnable. And I am ok with that.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137361#Comment_2137361

    Yea this forum has a big problem with "X just wants to bully me therefore we can't make meaningful changes to this thing that i like because it means i might be 'bullied'" lmao.

    SWF bully squads are the effective boogeyman in DBD, you name them and people go into critical mass, like they were the norm.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138400#Comment_2138400

    Yep.

    SWF can say "there's a trap (here)" over comms.

    Solo should be able to use things like Glass Bead more often for a similar effect. I wouldn't say base kit, but it's wasted being such a niche add-on for maps that rarely get used as it is. At least by making it default for all maps, you don't need to worry about it as an add-on.

    If they buff trapper accordingly, I'm fine with it, for me it would be quite stupid, honestly, the only things that they should do for soloq it's actually fixing matchmaking so your not with potato, and for the things you said about swf, since the game its pretty fast pace, they could forget that information after a while, for whatever reason, they've been chased for example, but that add on remain there, so you would 100% be sure that there's something there, of course if your on soloq it could be anything, Still i think buffing map, could be problematic, they destroy some killer power completely, or simply make them a lot less effective.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137361#Comment_2137361

    How is making a read and not getting hit not a meaningful choice?

    On the flip side, how is there anything meaningful about imposing god loops and slamming pallets against m1 killers? There are more than enough pallets on a map for a survivor to play safe and allow the rest of the team to do gens.

    If you have nothing to actually go on/no actual worthwhile input, it's not a meaningful choice.

    IE I literally don't even know if this spirit standing still is using her power or doing a "mindgame" and even if I did I still wouldn't have any clue where she is so i'll slowly crouch awa-oh she heard me breathing ouch, or.. just being against a very good nurse.

    And god loops aren't meaningful. Never said they were. Map generation is trash and you could get a map with 20 pallets and 5 god loops or a Suffocation Pit with literally 7 pallets for the whole map.

  • Most SWFs are not hard to play against and can be quite fun, depending on the players. Will you also go against not so fun groups? Absolutely. But you can't win them all, nor are you supposed to. I think it's safe to say that on average, as killer, you win more games than you lose. Although it is true that them being able to communicate and coordinate when to leave a gen/hide/rescue is an unquestionable advantage over solo survivors.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138367#Comment_2138367

    If you have nothing to actually go on/no actual worthwhile input, it's not a meaningful choice.

    IE I literally don't even know if this spirit standing still is using her power or doing a "mindgame" and even if I did I still wouldn't have any clue where she is so i'll slowly crouch awa-oh she heard me breathing ouch, or.. just being against a very good nurse.

    And god loops aren't meaningful. Never said they were. Map generation is trash and you could get a map with 20 pallets and 5 god loops or a Suffocation Pit with literally 7 pallets for the whole map.

    There are mindgames against both killers though. If spirit is standing still, you should walk and then time a run. If she isn’t phasing , she is losing distance. If she is, then she has to guess where you’re running (sound is lousy at conveying distance) Nurse is literally run back, fake run back, break LOS, or run straight. These killers allow for much more gameplay on both sides as opposed to LOL slamming pallets.

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126182#Comment_2126182

    As a killer, no, i don't want to waste 20 minutes with queue, and if you just don't go against SWF, you will always be bad.

    i don't care, i just want to have fun, not to get bullied because the game is half-broken.....besides, this game isn't even balanced and can't be definited "competitive"....an example?

    -just look at the graphic, if you set it above "low", the game becomes darker, instead, it gets brighter at low, and belive it or not, this is a small handicap for the killer(i dare you to say it is not), and a free advantage for the survivors(console players can't even change the graphic, so gg.)

    -there are, many, many more other bugs that may advantage the killer(right now the pallet stun is broken) or the survivors( hook could be destroyed permanently after using a perk, dunno if it's baalnced or stilla thing), and the Devs takes them too loong to fix even small problems.


    moral of the story, i can't take Dbd seriously on the competitive side, so i just want to have fun, and SWF completely annihilates the fun when playing killer.

  • Very accurate, although you forgot to mention all the perks they get for free.

1 2 3 4 ›