SWF is fair and balanced.

Comments

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126227#Comment_2126227

    Well,i watched 1 match of you playing Spirit on Dead Dawg Saloon (The VOD from 14 days ago).

    And from what i can tell,you seem to do quite a lot mistakes

    E.g

    -Falling for Sprint burst baits/Dead Hard

    -Kicking gens without any perk for it like Pop Goes The Weasel

    -Poor power usage

    -Rather poor decision making and game sense

    So just from watching that 1 match i can already tell that there are a lot of things you can improve upon.

    I can give you some advice and tips if you want to.

    Is that the same match where he complained about SWF despite someone coming in after and saying "we are just randoms" and he just replies with "ok swf"?


    He could genuinely be a good player but from watching him he's just so angry at survivors often for no reason.

  • It's pretty funny that people still use "YOU X MAIN" as some type of argument when most players play both sides to some degree.

  • No dude absolutely not I've seen some top-tier trickster players bro that is a lie he does not suck

  • @DropdeadPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126283#Comment_2126283

    No dude absolutely not I've seen some top-tier trickster players bro that is a lie he does not suck

    those top tier trickster players will also tell you he sucks


    because they'll all tell you the same thing "if I were playing huntress or slinger they'd be down by now"

  • trickster needs a buff and it's not surprising when survivor mains tell you he's fine.


    guess survivors don't want a challenge

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126390#Comment_2126390

    those top tier trickster players will also tell you he sucks

    because they'll all tell you the same thing "if I were playing huntress or slinger they'd be down by now"

    Most of the people that I've talked to that play him say that he could be better but still they have no problems getting their kills

  • @DropdeadPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126397#Comment_2126397

    Most of the people that I've talked to that play him say that he could be better but still they have no problems getting their kills

    I'm sure the best top 10 killers in DBD don't have an issue getting kills with him


    Doesn't ignore the fact he sucks and needs more buffs

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126353#Comment_2126353

    It's pretty funny that people still use "YOU X MAIN" as some type of argument when most players play both sides to some degree.

    Yep, only allowed an opinion on killer topics if you hate survivors vehemently and blame them for every match you lose I guess.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126227#Comment_2126227

    Well,i watched 1 match of you playing Spirit on Dead Dawg Saloon (The VOD from 14 days ago).

    And from what i can tell,you seem to do quite a lot mistakes

    E.g

    -Falling for Sprint burst baits/Dead Hard

    -Kicking gens without any perk for it like Pop Goes The Weasel

    -Poor power usage

    -Rather poor decision making and game sense

    So just from watching that 1 match i can already tell that there are a lot of things you can improve upon.

    I can give you some advice and tips if you want to.

    You like how you just got like

    completely ignored?

  • I’m just here to say I found the meme funny.

  • Some killers simply can't handle the SWF.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126404#Comment_2126404

    I'm sure the best top 10 killers in DBD don't have an issue getting kills with him

    Doesn't ignore the fact he sucks and needs more buffs

    But didn't they give him a buff already though I believe it was a speed boost it's been a week since I played so

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    trickster needs a buff and it's not surprising when survivor mains tell you he's fine.

    guess survivors don't want a challenge

    I am guessing killer mains dont want a challenge and just instead want that easy one hit down with a hatched like they are used to with Huntress. Stop complaining dude, he is a decent killer,,,not the best but still decent. Dont go into a game with the expectation of an easy 4K.

  • @DropdeadPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126408#Comment_2126408

    But didn't they give him a buff already though I believe it was a speed boost it's been a week since I played so

    those nerfs don't do much. The speed boost was slightly faster at aiming, that's about it.

    We still can't save main event for when we want it.


    he's still too slow he can't even down survivors at killers shack


    and he has trouble at literally every jungle gym

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126402#Comment_2126402

    I am guessing killer mains dont want a challenge and just instead want that easy one hit down with a hatched like they are used to with Huntress. Stop complaining dude, he is a decent killer,,,not the best but still decent. Dont go into a game with the expectation of an easy 4K.

    Me and my buddy talked about this as well not every killer is going to be the best you going to have some duds along the way not every chapter is going to be spectacular

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126338#Comment_2126338

    Is that the same match where he complained about SWF despite someone coming in after and saying "we are just randoms" and he just replies with "ok swf"?

    He could genuinely be a good player but from watching him he's just so angry at survivors often for no reason.

    I think so yeah.He just typed "swf" and left the lobby.

    I think so too,he could be a lot better player but it seems like he gets tilted/frustrated too easily and that again leads to him blaming other things for his loss.

    I can kinda understand that,i'm sure everyone did that sort of thing at some point (myself included),but you you need to change that kind of mindset rather sooner than later.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126402#Comment_2126402

    I am guessing killer mains dont want a challenge and just instead want that easy one hit down with a hatched like they are used to with Huntress. Stop complaining dude, he is a decent killer,,,not the best but still decent. Dont go into a game with the expectation of an easy 4K.

    there is a difference between a challenge and just plain not ######### fun.


    trickster is too ######### slow to chase survivors at loops and his knives are too weak to end those chases quickly.


    This makes loops very unfun to play against. Huntress and deathslinger can injure at vaults and pallets. Trickster can but it requires 8 hits which is the issue by the time you get 3 knives at a vault they are already gone and off to the next loop.


    Almost every loop against trickster is practically infinite because he's too slow and his knives are too weak


    It's not fun and it's not a "challenge."


    A 60 pound handicapped kid going against an MMA fighter is not a "challenge" the kid is dead on arrival.

  • @DropdeadPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126421#Comment_2126421

    Me and my buddy talked about this as well not every killer is going to be the best you going to have some duds along the way not every chapter is going to be spectacular

    Exactly brother, I like and hate going against the Trickster.. I like him because of the character and he is unique but hate him when a killer main knows how to play him. In that instance he is very deadly.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126421#Comment_2126421

    there is a difference between a challenge and just plain not ######### fun.

    trickster is too ######### slow to chase survivors at loops and his knives are too weak to end those chases quickly.

    This makes loops very unfun to play against. Huntress and deathslinger can injure at vaults and pallets. Trickster can but it requires 8 hits which is the issue by the time you get 3 knives at a vault they are already gone and off to the next loop.

    Almost every loop against trickster is practically infinite because he's too slow and his knives are too weak

    It's not fun and it's not a "challenge."

    A 60 pound handicapped kid going against an MMA fighter is not a "challenge" the kid is dead on arrival.

    I dont know brother, I have seen plenty of rank 4/5 killer mains use him very effectively. Yes, he is somewhat slow and the blade throwing is different but not every killer can be a Huntress where you throw those damn hatchets from across the map and it insta downs you and you werent even near them LOL. He requires more aim and adjustment. I get what your saying but there has to be some leveling of killers they cant all be super easy and super deadly.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126156#Comment_2126156

    right the sweaty SWF I come across in red ranks sure does feel like friends trying to have fun and not an optimized team that only cares about winning with meta perks and using comms to call out my location

    How do you know they're SWF though? I play in red ranks and I only suspect going against a SWF maybe 2-3 times a week. If they are friends on steam or they all brought Balanced Landing to Haddonfield, it's probably a SWF. Now I'm not accusing you of this but I know a lot of people go against a group of survivors that know how to loop and are semi-coordinated, lose, and then say it's a SWF. I would be wary of doing that

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126433#Comment_2126433

    I dont know brother, I have seen plenty of rank 4/5 killer mains use him very effectively. Yes, he is somewhat slow and the blade throwing is different but not every killer can be a Huntress where you throw those damn hatchets from across the map and it insta downs you and you werent even near them LOL. He requires more aim and adjustment. I get what your saying but there has to be some leveling of killers they cant all be super easy and super deadly.

    so because 4 killer mains use him effectively that means he should remain this weak mess right now


    let's keep main event the way it is


    let's keep him being infinitely looped at a rock because 4 killers use him effectively

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126338#Comment_2126338

    to be fair gen regression needs to be buffed and gen tapping for survivors needs to be looked at,

    3 seconds to kick a generator for weak ass gen regression and survivors can completely halt the regression by 1/60th of an animation frame and can do it in chase

    I mean,sure.

    But that wasn't exactly what i was trying to tell you in my comment :]

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126354#Comment_2126354

    I mean,sure.

    But that wasn't exactly what i was trying to tell you in my comment :]

    you telling me to not kick a gen without perks


    because gen regression for killers is so weak and it's the reason killers can't pressure gens at all without gen kicking perks.


    this is why the game feels survivor sided and why gens are done in under a minute

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126427#Comment_2126427

    Exactly brother, I like and hate going against the Trickster.. I like him because of the character and he is unique but hate him when a killer main knows how to play him. In that instance he is very deadly.

    The intro is cool but they could have done better I felt like it had more potential to be better

  • This is literally a match I had last night.

    Followed by another one on The Game.

    I really wanted to unlock Brutal Strength, okay?

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126453#Comment_2126453

    so because 4 killer mains use him effectively that means he should remain this weak mess right now

    let's keep main event the way it is

    let's keep him being infinitely looped at a rock because 4 killers use him effectively

    Okay dude seems like you are taking this to a whole new level and might need to take a break from the game. No need to keep responding to me move on to others. Have a good one.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126460#Comment_2126460

    Okay dude seems like you are taking this to a whole new level and might need to take a break from the game. No need to keep responding to me move on to others. Have a good one.

    I'm just trying to understand so 4 people are good with him so he doesn't deserve a buff?

  • @Seanzu said:

    You know the majority of people don't actually struggle against SWF. The ones that do just seem to congregate on this forum and create a huge echo chamber, I would suggest putting more hours into killer, it's not that hard.

    What you're saying is "just be good", but this doesn't negate the fact a lot of SWF teams use voice comms, and voice comms brings advantages which solo ques can't have, which is definitely "unfair" situation for both solo ques and killers.

    SWF isn't a problem, but the advantage voice comms brings is.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126779#Comment_2126779

    I'm just trying to understand so 4 people are good with him so he doesn't deserve a buff?

    No brother, I think he does deserve a buff because unless you have really, and I mean really, practiced with him his powers are not like Huntress and Slinger. It takes better aim and adjustment and yes he is slow and that is why I thought the devs buffed his speed and knives a little? All I am saying is he is not as easy as Huntress to take survivors down from half way across the map and thats okay. There has got to be some variance between killers. I used to HATE him thinking he was weird and didnt fit in the game. Now, I kinda like playing against him and I have played some really good killer mains who slayed with him a lot.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126791#Comment_2126791

    No brother, I think he does deserve a buff because unless you have really, and I mean really, practiced with him his powers are not like Huntress and Slinger. It takes better aim and adjustment and yes he is slow and that is why I thought the devs buffed his speed and knives a little? All I am saying is he is not as easy as Huntress to take survivors down from half way across the map and thats okay. There has got to be some variance between killers. I used to HATE him thinking he was weird and didnt fit in the game. Now, I kinda like playing against him and I have played some really good killer mains who slayed with him a lot.

    I think the issue I have with him is that he’s meant to be the easier ranged killer to use by the Devs own objective. The problem is that they over compensated by giving him slow speed/large number to lose a health state to make him not seem oppressive and lastly all design was made with only PC(mouse and keyboard) in mind in terms of balancing.


    so he has a higher skill caps with very little reward. Sure high tier killer mains can be brutal with him but I’ve seem the same killer mains be brutal with BK Myers as well... do we really only what this killer to be used sometimes with killer mains on pc with x amount of hours?

  • Bro the problem isn't SWF, the problem IS Brand New Parts and solo queue being WEAKER than SWF.

    People WANT killers to be buffed along with solo queue and BNPs being nerfed.

  • @skylerbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126813#Comment_2126813

    I think the issue I have with him is that he’s meant to be the easier ranged killer to use by the Devs own objective. The problem is that they over compensated by giving him slow speed/large number to lose a health state to make him not seem oppressive and lastly all design was made with only PC(mouse and keyboard) in mind in terms of balancing.

    so he has a higher skill caps with very little reward. Sure high tier killer mains can be brutal with him but I’ve seem the same killer mains be brutal with BK Myers as well... do we really only what this killer to be used sometimes with killer mains on pc with x amount of hours?

    So I am confused, should all the killers have the same type of lethality or brutality or should there be some kind of disparity with regard to the different types of killers you can play and leave that choice up to the player? If not, why not then just have one killer and thats it,,,its a serious question. It seems to me there should be a range of killer lethality and thats a good thing in a game,,,if you dont like one killer dont play him.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126831#Comment_2126831

    So I am confused, should all the killers have the same type of lethality or brutality or should there be some kind of disparity with regard to the different types of killers you can play and leave that choice up to the player? If not, why not then just have one killer and thats it,,,its a serious question. It seems to me there should be a range of killer lethality and thats a good thing in a game,,,if you dont like one killer dont play him.

    It’s more about the devs objective with this killer. They want you to rely on his ranged attacks and not his basic attack. They also list him as an easy killer to pick up.


    lethality can be different per killer but what is that in exchange of? Chase? He’s 110... Slow Down? ... he has a laceration meter that goes down on its own and survivor aren’t inconvenienced or slowed down in away.

    so he has no one shot injury, slow in chase, laceration meter decays with no negatives toward the survivor, and main event is..... a thing.


    thus why I say he’s got a high skill cap with low reward

  • @UnusedMapOffering said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126263#Comment_2126263

    I don't get the confusion, many of us believe there's an issue with SWF, this discussion has been done to death. I honestly think the people that responded here are acting in bad faith, which to be fair, the OP makes it easy every time. The issue is with communication, that's not what developers had in mind with the game and it wasn't designed with third party communication in mind. That's not on the fault of the survivors but the developers not even bothering to take the extra steps with their own game. Even the most casual of conversations could break the game and cause an additional sweat. It's not rocket science. I'd just add voice chat in the game then apply any additional changes if needed.

    I mean people are literally saying solos need to be buffed to SWF level, if SWF isn't a problem, then why are people saying this? Either SWF has this problem or it doesn't. Mind you, similar names are seen in that post saying this.

    SWFs can be a problem, because communication allows for the capacity for better coordination, but that coordination is not guaranteed.

    This is why although SWFs sometimes have an advantage, you can't simply "nerf SWF" or "buff solo" to account for it. You will be disadvantaging a lot of casual SWFs in the process.

    The only way to do it, is to give all survivors greater communication tools, that will enhance solo players, but be superfluous to those in a SWF.

  • Another TTV being a crybaby because they can’t handle the thought of losing in a game? What else is new. Some of this player-base are so paint-by-numbers when it comes to their complaints. They could lose to a team of randoms and they’d accuse them of being SWF and how SWF needs to be nErFeD!!!

    I watched a few of your matches and I could easily point out a lot of times where YOU made a mistake. But I know from the responses already in this thread you wouldn’t accept that you didn’t play optimally in certain situations.

    Also what’s with the voice changer? Are your viewers supposed to feel like they’ve been abducted? 😳

  • @UnusedMapOffering said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127117#Comment_2127117

    It is not guaranteed but that doesn't mean it isn't any less than an oversight by the developers enough of an issue for enough players to complain about it and enough of an issue to where there's an ongoing debate about it. It's an unusual problem that to my knowledge Dead By Daylight only have. It's so strange.

    That being said, I agree with you very much. It'll probably mean in game chat, which makes me uneasy but at least it's something. I like that we're actually discussing solutions, that's what we need to see more of.

    I don't think it necessarily means more chat functions, there can be gameplay tools to emulate communication, that SWFs would have no need for.

    I've suggested the following ideas, maybe not all of these at once, and maybe the Glass Bead one would still be an overall buff for SWFs too, but still, it's ideas:

    1. Survivors can view each others perks and item loads outs in the lobby, so they know the capabilities of their team mates.
    2. Survivors can press a button to trigger a pre-set map-wide message, something like "Killer is here", "Coast is clear", "Help me", "Leave me". In addition, have this 'ping' in their direction so you know where the message is coming from. Maybe with a 30s cooldown.
    3. Make the 'Glass Bead' add-on a default mechanic of all maps.
    4. Make something 'like' Kindred/Empathy/Bond a basekit feature. Perhaps you can hold down a button to trigger 'Survivor Instinct' which gives you a general direction that each survivor is in via the 'heartbeat' graphic of Killer Instinct. Give it a cooldown obviously. This wouldn't be an aura so not technically as strong as Kindred etc.
  • I struggle with red rank SWF, I am purple rank and don’t have many hours as those that play in red ranks with their friends that play it more on a competitive level.

    im more in between chill and competitive.

    I just want to have fun but also would like to rank up.. but the thing is.. is that I am going to expect red ranks and the teams because I am levelling up. Also many don’t like Freddy so it makes it worse when they Tbag and flash click you constantly. Usually leave those until last if I manage to get the others but most of the time they end up leaving.

    but they do get gens done very quickly. I usually end up getting most of my kills when there is 2-3 gens left. Unless they’re red ranks then 99% of the time they leave.

    I don’t use a sweaty build but I’ve been told I need to use stronger perks now. This is something I agree with now because once you level up the perks you use can only take you so far meaning mine. I am needing to use a sweaty build. Well, some perks anyway... I have fun playing against green ranks to be honest and seem purple.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126156#Comment_2126156

    It's far easier to blame something in game than admit you might not be very good at it, which is something a lot of people that play this game lack, the ability to admit they had a bad match.

    I AM bad and i KNOW i'm bad, but that's also why i shouldn't be getting red ranks in my matches wich by the way is more the message the image is trying to convey.

  • @Stryker said:

    happend to me today, i went against a SWF(3 people), 2 of them were 3-4 red rank, and 1 rank 13 (with good addons), and yeah, it was extremely painful and unfun(...was using a trickster with 3 bad perks...).

    SWF is unfair, because this game isn't balanced at all and it can't be competitive due to many, many problems( such as lightining that changes when you lower the graphic, and putting it on the lowest setting, the game becomes very bright, and not everyone knows this thing, so, if you play a sa killer without knowing this, you basically get a minor handicap.....)

    remove SWF? no....but make an option that allows the killers to avoid SWF players.

    if you give an option for killers to avoid SWF that will only make survivor queue times longer.

  • @UnusedMapOffering said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126802#Comment_2126802

    I'm assuming you're either new or haven't been lurking around much, but I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't give a #########.

    If he doesn’t give a ######### about what others have to say, maybe he should just keep his thoughts to himself in future then? Or was this thread made solely for him and his split personalities to interact with?

    B69CDED5-A8EE-44DB-A6C0-3D0FE9965696.gif
  • Watched some Myers on The Game and Clown from 6 days. You are not good at this game, sorry but is the truth, you still need to learn A LOT about it, worst if you didnt improve a single bit from that Myers from 2 months ago to Clown 6 days ago.

    • Excessive amounts of slugging instead of hooking people, losing pressure because people just picked up their teammates, slugging stalls the Survivors but doesnt advance your objective, you still have to hook them 3 times.
    • Trying to mindgame low wall god pallets, what are you trying to achieve? they CAN see you, you cant mindgame a god pallet, especially a low wall one where the Survivor has line of sight all the time, one of those you even lose an entire tier or EW3 with Bloodlust 2.
    • Getting looped on Chapel god windows for a minute without breaking the walls and eliminating the god loop, this happens with other breakable wall god loops.
    • 2 of the worst detection perks you can have for Myers and Knockout on top of that, also no stalling perk at all, what kind of trashy build is that? at least you put M&A.
    • Rancor and M&A on Clown? really?.
    • Missing almost point blank bottle tosses with finger, I can understand missing some of them but not to the extent you miss.
    • Awful way of running the gyms, no wonder it takes you so much to down people.
    • A paranoid obssesion with SWFs, you know if you see 2 people without little globes and 2 people with it and "randomword2342" nicknames means they are playing on console and odds are they are not a SWF? max they are a 2 PC and 2 Console but they cant have voice coms between all 4.
    • On top of all of that, the Survivors you got werent even very good to begin with, the way they loop and throw pallets show most of them were average or lower than average skill.

    Im sorry but you are in no position to suggest changes to this game, you are still very new or bad and too stubborn to learn from your mistakes and instead you blame them on an imaginary enemy (pesky SWFs when its obvious most time you are not facing 3 or 4 SWFs squads), first try to improve, play some Survivor too since that helps learn Killer better. Or play Stridor-Spirit since is ez modo stomp-a-lot and can carry you, that is until the day they gut her (it will come to pass eventually), in any case with those skills even Spirit wont carry you against real Rank1 Survivors.

    Ill give you credit for posting your gameplays for us to check.

  • If match macking worked well SWF wouldn't be an issue. Other games do it much better when you try to stack your team with a ringer.

    For example, let's say an SWF team has a 10, 7,7,2 on it. The entire team should be pulled up to the rank of the highest player so their killer should be 4 or above. Right now I'm a rank 8 killer getting several red ranks and 1 yellow rank SWF teams, Sure the lower level players have to step up but that's what happens when you bring in someone so far ahead of you.

    If everyone was close to my level I really think SWF teams wouldn't be as big an issue, still an issue but not like they are now.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ClamorVentus said:

    No offense to OP and i understand both sides complain but jesus christ 4 man SWF with comms is the same as a 2 man with comms and a 2 man with comms.

    So SWF needs to go, I agree

  • This content has been removed.
  • tony back with another swf/survivor op complaint

  • You know people aren't talking serious when they say Trickster is good/balanced...

  • game is clearly survivor sided.


    gen tapping


    constant nerfs to killers


    trickster released too weak


    lucky break

1 2 3 4