Please stop buffing killers... Better yet, revert the buffs
Let me start by saying that I'm not a frequent flyer of this forum. In fact, I've literally never been here before and I just created an account to write this post begging the devs to please, PLEASE stop buffing killer.
I'm a killer main. I've always been a killer main. But I don't play killer anymore.
Why? Because it's just too easy. Laughably easy, to the point of being boring. It feels like I can mindlessly tunnel survivors, hardly ever use perks or abilities, give no thought to strategy and still rank up.
I came here to share my opinion, and I didn't even have to look 5 posts down to find other players writing about the same thing. So I know I'm not crazy for thinking this or the only person who has noticed a significant shift in balance with the last few updates.
I'm not sure what the impetus is for all the recent changes favoring killers and making life harder for survivors, and like I said I'm not the kind of player who's constantly on forums keeping up with news and posts from the devs. So if that information is already out there somewhere, please enlighten me. But this is the theory I have come up with...
In the past, survivor and killer were fairly balanced. However, at the higher ranks, survivors tended to play in premade teams using Discord, giving them a significant advantage compared to the way the game was designed to be played (without voice chat). The game was no longer balanced at the higher ranks, survivors won more often than killers, and maybe killer became less popular as a result. In order to counteract the apparent imbalance, the devs decide to implement patch after patch full of buffs for killers and nerfs for survivors, and now we are where we are today.
In my opinion, this was the wrong approach. Killer is now way too easy in standard matchmaking, and even when you "lose" a game (3 or 4 survivors escaping) you'll generally still get enough points to not lose pips. Hell, you can even sometimes still gain pips even though you lost.
If I'm correct and the reason for the killer buffs is to attempt to nullify the advantage of voice chat used by high rank survivor teams, then the only way you can ever make that fair is to put voice chat in the game as a standard feature for survivor players. I get that it ruins the immersion, but without that there will always be a discrepancy/imbalance between whether or not the survivors are using voice chat.
A second (and perhaps better) solution would be to rework the pip system for survivors to incentivize play that actually wins games. Combine Evader and Unbroken together into one emblem, then add a second emblem related to gen progress. For example, Lightbringer could be left how it is (points granted based on individual player's percentage of the team's total gen progress) with the second generator emblem being shared among the whole team based on the team's total gen progress so that survivors who distract the killer while their teammates do gens (especially if they are keeping the killer busy primarily through stealth/hiding and not spending much time in a chase) still get credit for helping the team. This would also solve the problem of survivors getting punished with low points/pips when they have a great game where they are never or rarely found/caught/hooked by the killer. Because let's be honest... Gen progress is what wins games for survivors, but it's not what gets you pips. Right now there's way too much incentive for people to everything EXCEPT gens, and people who are focused on actually winning the game (prioritizing gen progress over Altruism/Evader/Unbroken points) get punished with fewer pips.
But yeah, anyway... Regardless of what you guys think the solution is, the current state of the game ain't it. It's ridiculous how many terrible killers I see running around at rank 1 and 2 because it's so easy for them to win right now (or still earn pips even when they lose). And for those of us who actually know how to play killer well, it's just not fun anymore when I don't even have to strategize at all or make any kind of creative use of my perks/abilities/add-ons... I just mindlessly run at people and M1, and even on the rare occasion that the survivors escape I still get enough points to get pips. In other words: boring as hell.
/endrant
Comments
You're better off lost than here, that's for sure @_@
Earlier in this thread, I commented about the continuing exodus of people who play killer in the game and the long survivor wait times to get games.
THE problem facing the game isn't OP killers, irritating survivor perks like DH or the prior incarnation of DS (which despite the OP's claim, was not a healthy perk in its previous form), or any number of other issues people moan about here on a regular basis (i.e. NOED, the Haddonfield map, etc.). It's not even bugs, as much as those plague the game.
It's poor matchmaking, the gap in fun between playing survivor with your friends and killer alone (I'm enjoying the former far more than the latter these days myself), and what happens when there are simply too many people playing one side of the game than the other, and what that does to wait times to get into matches.
If that isn't addressed -- and across the board nerfing of all things one role or the other is NOT the answer -- then this game will slowly, subtly, be on the road to dying. Right now, despite how easy the OP wants to believe one role is over the other, the number of people playing that role is shrinking. Survivor wait times have only been getting worse, not better -- and as much survivor as I play, I see that on a continual basis.
If you want to see what ends up being the eventual death knell of DBD, it'll be when one side won't have an opponent to go against anymore. When that happens, bots or AI won't be the answer, and this game will end up dead.
But I thought killer was so easy that you didn't need perks or add-ons to win??
After your nurse comment it's obvious you're just a troll tbh.
I can partially agree with this, but survivors can be pretty powerful too.
brand new part, ds+Unbreakable is just powerful especially if half the squad is running it.
maybe killer is just feeling really easy now, but survivors are still pretty powerful.
Sorry, you've confused me a bit with this statement:
"Demogorgon's teleport only you can cancel it, it can't be removed by survivors, and you don't have to run over to a gen to place it"
So in order:
A) Demo's teleport can't be cancelled by survivors. True. Most killer's powers can't be cancelled by anyone but the killer themselves. As a Survivor I can't cancel any killer's power. Yes, some can be dodged or avoided in one way or another but the vast majority of those are damaging abilities and Demo's teleport does not cause damage
B) Demo's teleport can definitely be removed by survivors once you've activated a portal. Okay you get one free teleport but thereafter they can demolish it - and you don't get any info from a portal you haven't activated so there's a strong incentive to activate them.
C) You do have to run over to wherever you want to place a portal (though directly beside a gen may not be the best strategy)
So I'm afraid your sentence doesn't make sense to me.
{delete]
If 3-4 survivors escape at red ranks, I do not think you can pip. Hell, I’ve even depiped with a 4k multiple times
Sluzzy is that you?
You escaped 76 of your 100 games as a solo queue survivor in red ranks? Meanwhile the devs released stats showing all killers in red ranks bar nurse had over 60% killrate.
You should post a compilation video or something cause a 76% winrate as a solo is pretty damn impressive, one could even say unbelievable.
At ranks 1-2 most killers get bodied by survivors. Killer is not too easy for most people. There are realistically only a handful of people in the world that can jump into a game with any killer and get a 4k with bad perks.
The problem with this statement is the very nature of it moves the goal post. Let's say that someone takes you up on your offer and beats 4 red ranks, you would simply respond with. Well those red ranks were bad survivors and I can point out all the mistakes they made so that doesn't count. Even if you then take it further and show 4 rank 1 survivors, let's say you rake them over the coals and they depip. You would just claim they weren't even rank 1 to begin with.
In addition to this, your win condition is literally the most extreme example of a win condition, which is to get 12 hooks. Is that the standard you hold yourself to when you play killer? If you get any less than 12 hooks do you consider that a loss?
You are a shining example of what it means to have cognitive bias. If you give me a very specific definition of a video that would change your mind, I'll upload that video.
Some of you don't understand. You've been red rank, and moved to purple after each reset and you go back to red. When you are at the bottom teammates leave you on hooks CONSTANTLY. You will die on 1st hook. You will be tunneled without any teammates running borrowed time. No teammates run kindred, so you have to use Kindred just to get your teammates to go for saves. Without comms solo survivors crouch and never save you. They won't leave gens. Or they all leave gens and run in the same direction like idiots.
This is the problem the OP is talking about. Red ranks is one thing: you are playing with very capable survivors. Yes Freddy and Spirit are op, outside of that, the game is balanced towards survivor in red ranked swfs..
But when it comes to solo q, especially with bad matchmaking, you can have 4 great games like I did where you carry the team, lead in points, you work on gens and heal 24/7... But you still die half of those games and the other 4 games you die on 1st hook... Most of you don't understand solo q life
Yeah I found the Wraith to be way too OP now. It's so hard to escape him. DS they should tweak that and allow it to be used after both hooks
I'm a rank one killer and have been maintaining rank one for over a year. And you do have easy games. But you also have really rough games. I've had games where I give the last survivor hatch cause they didn't do a gen. And I have games where it's down to the wire and I barely 3k-4k. I also have games where I make some mistakes and get outclassed. This is how rank 1 should be. I should feel challenged but also have chill games. And that's what I get. The games fare from perfect but some killers really do need buffs. Like my boy demo.
Everyone seems to forget there are many factors to how a game is played
who the killer is and how they use them
who the survivors are and how they play (sometimes a bad team can be more lethal than a strong killer)
if survivor teams are SWF( 2 to 4) or solo
players knowledge of the game (
what perks are used (4 killer perks /16 survivor perks max)
is there anything that counters certain perks or powers ?
what items and add ons used
and what offerings
a lot of things can change the game
I agree. Whenever I play as the killer, I always manage to not lose a point. It’s either I kill all survivors or 3 survivors. Killers hit range is way too far.
Hope all these guys who saying killer easier now as every patch are getting buffed should play the trickster as he the newest so must be the best go get adept achievement at rank 1 with him as it must be so easy lol I also love fact the start of this post is this game is so easy as killer now I win by tunneling lol this game is now easy for survivor just do gens have 1 chase and game over I wouldn't use pip system as proof of a win anyway as like u say tbf to survivor if they just do gens hide from killer won't get a pip even though they escape which kinda sucks but that's the emblem system whole issue with game is all they need to do is have a clear wind draw lose that we all see as is it pip is it how many u kill or is it points? In fairness pips for killer seem easier but not always the case, and as for kills as u see of multiple what we classas good streamers they can get 4ks main of time by tunnel or 1 hooking all fair enough tactics but not very entertaining at times but hey ho, yet if u look at points that shows who has actually worked for there points I have seen games where all survivors escape have a measley 15k bloodpoints and killer at 25+k points And vice versa that they don't escape but out point a camp killer which shows again who has done the work in that match. All behaviour need to do is make a clear point what's a win a draw or loss then players can finally see who really wins the match then we can see what's balanced and not
Cleanse a totum to weaken killer. To weaken survivor????
Loop after loop on terrible killer maps.
Add dead hard and sprint burst to name just a couple of survivor favorites.
Spine chill to nullify to stealth killers.
Tool boxes, med kits etc.
Killer is easier. What a load of tosh!!!
sure, but also revert the nerfs too so we have 5 chain blink nurse, insta-saw billy and prayer beads spirit again so you can know real pain.
It depends what survivors you get if they are in a team.
I come across Red ranks all the time they are a full lobby with friends or a team of two.
I am rank 10 killer and I am seeing more red ranks in my games. usually they all escape anyway and some are toxic and give me a hard time. but that is fine, as long as i get my blood points and enough of them they can do whatever they please and escape.
also do not have many hours as many.. just over 100.
European server. The only times you have to wait for survivor games is after dinner until midnight (and its a very short wait time). During the whole day and night the survivor queues are instant. Evening is only time when there is just a little bit wait.
So yeah being a survivor on EU server very nice if you think about queue times.
I feel it is easier as killer. But I dont think survivors that only gen jockey and that hide from the killer the whole much should get more bp... imo I believe the survivor who has been looping the killer while gens are getting popping should be rewarded more. It's a lot harder to loop the killer than popping a gen. I really feel like they should nerf spine chill and urban tbh bc of some many pussies survivors that dont like to try and run the killer bc they dont wanna be hooked. I'm like 3 x 4= 12 so everyone cant take 2 hooks and be a team player not a goddamn individual. That's why I hate solo queuing bc too many non teammates worry about dying and not what's best for the team. Those players should play Minecraft imo
You are lucky than, I stay around rank 1-3 and I am shocked of all the crappy teammates I get. They are around my rank too.
You're misunderstanding the comment. Those were all characteristics of Freddy's teleport (not Demogorgon's), making it a better version of Demogorgon's teleport. Demogorgon and the other killers were only mentioned as a reference to emphasize how strong Freddy is, as he has the same abilities as multiple other killers in a stronger form.
I was going to say the exact same thing lol, I just chose not to waste my time. I probably could make the video he is asking for, but it wouldn't change anyone's mind. I would just get "oh well since you 4k'd them without OP perks then they obviously weren't good survivors, I said against good survivors" or "well clearly they're just boosted/got carried to their rank" or some ######### like that
I think you misinterpret what I meant about DS. I admitted that it probably needed to be nerfed - not because it's impossible to counter play against, but because the skill requirement required to play against it is probably too high to make people happy. I found ways to counter it in its original form, and as I said before it took a lot of careful attention and strategy and making one mistake could wind up costing you the game.
Personally I enjoy that kind of gameplay. Yes, it was very intense and there were plenty of times I made a small mistake that would cost me the game, and that was usually pretty frustrating and I'd rage out a bit as a result. But that's also exactly what made the game so rewarding when I did outsmart the survivors and catch them all. The killer SHOULD feel enraged when the survivors make a narrow escape, and SHOULD end the game with a smirk on their face when they trick the survivors into all getting caught during endgame collapse because they thought DS would carry them through a super risky rescue mission. Nowadays I just feel bad for most of the survivors I play against because it's not even a fair matchup, and when they do manage to escape it doesn't even phase me anymore.
However, I recognize that most players (even high rank killers) don't have the wit or creativity to adjust their strategy on the fly the way you had to to succeed against the old DS, and that probably made it too frustrating for most people. So yes, I do agree it needed a nerf, just not the nerf it got. Someone else in this thread mentioned the idea of only making it activate on the 2nd hook and I think that would have been a fine compromise (especially since it would make mori addons more meaningful the way they used to be).
How would it be reverse psychology? Are you even sure you know what that term means? Or do you really think that a forum post asking for killers to stop receiving buffs is somehow going to make the devs want to add more buffs for killers?
I said he needs to change up his perks, not I need to change up my perks.
Have you seen the state of the game?
Broken Tomb challenges, afk/botting killers that punish survivors by wasting addons/offerings with no penalty, Stuns being worthless if the server has any type of hiccup. Killer using a VPN? Might as well DC and take the L or Suicide on hook.
That % would be broken 99% of the time, I can assure you. BHVR has a really bad track record with coding. What needs to happen is people need to boycott buying DLC and the Battle Pass until they actually put some QOL into their game.
Throwing a pallet only to get hit through it, or hit the killer with Headon and i'm hit before they get stunned, absolute garbage. My Solo queue has been a complete flipping headache over the last week.
Crossplay was introduced because queue times were staggering and despite massive % off sales and humble bundles they cannot maintain a proper player level to keep queue times low.
This isn't even about surviving the trial anymore. I'd sooner die 85% of the time than deal with the headache of their broken spaghetti code anymore. They need to fix their freakin' game, bottom line.
Alright all you naysaying trolls... Y'all asked, and here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-6_GoQ9uHc&list=PLeeS-Z_6-QhNe_aWrhGe8uMyooJ2PgV0m
Now, for those of you who don't want to watch 4 hours of not-so-interesting game play (I personally wouldn't), I'll summarize the results below. But first, a few points that need to be made:
The match summaries:
And that's where I decided to log off and have dinner.
Now, let's review the stats, shall we?
17 games
180/204 potential hooks (avg 10.6/game, or 88%)
57/68 potential kills (avg 3.4/game, or 84%)
57/85 potential generators completed (avg 3.4/game, or 67%)
4/17 exit gates opened, with 1 due to unlocked hatch and not gen completion (23%)
11 escapes out of 68 survivors (avg 0.64/game, or 16%)
24 pips in 4 hours of play, or 6pips/1.2ranks per hour
9 red ranked opponents, despite starting all the way down at rank 14. I believe only 2 escaped, 1 by finding hatch right before I did and the other because I walked away/gave free unhook during endgame collapse
Final "win ratio": 13 "wins"/2 "losses"/2 "ties"
I should also point out there were several times during these games that I 100% should have been stunned by a palette but wasn't. Idk if that has to do with the "recent changes" to palettes that I've heard about (I have no idea what the actual changes were), but in any case it's kind of bullshit. Earlier this week there were even some games I managed to swing through a dropped pallet and still hit the survivor through it even though the palette was clearly down (with the audible slam heard) before I had finished my swing. And no, it's not lag—I have gigabit internet in a major metropolitan area and average around 30ms ping in most games.
Now, before you start with the "This is bullshit!!! He's only rank 14!!!" let me just reiterate again for all you trolls. This is the first time I can remember playing killer in over a year, I did multiple things to handicap myself, chose a killer that people in this thread claimed was "weak", worthless addons, a mediocre perk build, and still managed to gain 5 ranks in just 4 hours of play with most games ending in 12 hooks/4 kills and gates not even close to open, AND I killed 7 of the 9 red-rank survivors I came across (including a couple rank 1s), and the 2 that got away were both pretty lucky escapes. Sure, it's not a bunch of 4/4 red-ranked premades using Discord that I went against, but these are the ranks and conditions that most people play under, and despite multiple self-imposed rules and handicaps, a "weak" killer, not using any cheap tricks or overpowered perks/addons I still dominated almost every match. There were only a few times in 4 hours of play that I didn't feel completely in control of the game or that the survivors had any chance of getting their gens done, let alone the gates open. You can't honestly tell me that's fair, balanced, challenging, or fun for the killer. It's more like playing basketball against 3rd graders.
Will post more at higher ranks if I manage to get bored enough to keep climbing (:
Pig isn't hard, she has gen pressure built in & is kind of like Hag where she throws people off just by not being used to seeing her. I can do total washes with Pig, too. Try Trickster or Trapper.
Bruh. You realize I could play literally any killer and somebody like you is gonna chime in with "that killer isn't even hard"? I couldn't have made it any more clear why I picked Pig. I can only appease one of you trolls at a time.
Bruh, but for real--Pig isn't hard. Most of the killers aren't hard, it's true, but your entire experiment is kind of stupid and pointless, because the problem with the game isn't the sorts of players you're being put up against at your current rank, it's the people who know how to exploit it. They can't do anything to make the game enjoyable against rank 1 survivors that have 3000hrs in the game & know how to run every tile and endlessly waste the killers time, and so they buff killers to make up for it. It's a band-aid cycle that makes yellow/green ranked survivors suffer, but there's nothing that can be done about it.
Alright "try an actual hard killer like Trapper" crowd. Added some more videos to the playlist. Btw, I have no idea where people got this idea from that Trapper is hard not really strong. And I haven't played Trapper even longer than I hadn't played Pig. You can see at the start that I still have Halloween event items on my bloodweb. (If I'm not mistaken, they're actually from Halloween 2019, not 2020.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-6_GoQ9uHc&list=PLeeS-Z_6-QhNe_aWrhGe8uMyooJ2PgV0m
Btw I've realized that the little dial next to the gen counter is not an accurate representation of how many hooks you have. So my hook count in the previous post is not accurate. It seems to tick up by itself sometimes, but it's not every time you make hook progress on a survivor because it doesn't always end at 12 when you 4 kill. Not really sure how it works but I'm not about to sit through all these videos and actually count how many hooks I got. Needless to say, I'm still getting plenty of hooks per game.
So to sum up, that's 6 consecutive wins, only 1 escaped survivor out of 24 (a hatch escape), 0 exit gates opened, and 10 pips in a little over 1 hour of play. Same rules as before: no camping, no tunneling, no slugging without another survivor in the immediate vicinity, only brown items, non-meta perks, and a "weak" killer.
Now, someone hit me with that "Trapper ain't even hard bro, try doing it with ______."
TLDR:
Local rank 14 Pig, that dosen't play often, thinks killer is too easy.
LOL
Call us back when you get the Trickster Adept and still honestly stand by your opinion.
Check the last post. Guess you're the next "try it with _____" meme.
I don't own Trickster and wasn't planning on buying him, but maybe I will just to make a point.
ALRIGHT "TRICKSTER IS SO HARD" CROWD, WHERE YOU AT?
Make sure to watch for the adept achievement at the end.
PS I feel like you owe me reimbursement for this killer since I'm probably never gonna play him again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwxhfW13rmEAnyone else wanna embarrass themselves or y'all wanna finally admit you're just not as good at killer as you think you are?
I'll take silence as acquiescence.
Why didn't you show us the player ranks at the end?
BTW why didn't you respond to my other post?
HOLD UP, ROFL. I WATCHED YOUR VIDEO. Are you seriously using THAT as evidence?
1) Only one survivor on that entire team knew how to run, and even she wasn't that good and didn't make good use of loops--they must have been low level survivors. We don't know, because you cut off being able to see the ranks.
2) Three gens were done before you even got your first hook.
3) You didn't down a single person using your ability.
4) Your entire win revolved around people literally accidentally running into you. That Meg especially.
Idk what other post you're talking about.
And yes, I didn't down a single person using my ability. Refer to my original post mentioning how killers are so overpowered now that they don't even need to use abilities anymore. Glad we at least agree on something.
Nobody "accidentally" ran into me. I predicted their movement and cut them off.
And yes, the man asked for Trickster adept and I gave him exactly that. You're really gonna flame me for doing exactly what he claimed was hard? On the first try, with brown addons, and with literally 0 experience with the killer or perks? Trolls gonna troll, I guess.
Edit, and here's my other post for you, which you skipped over:
Bruh, but for real--Pig isn't hard. Most of the killers aren't hard, it's true, but your entire experiment is kind of stupid and pointless, because the problem with the game isn't the sorts of players you're being put up against at your current rank, it's the people who know how to exploit it. They can't do anything to make the game enjoyable against rank 1 survivors that have 3000hrs in the game & know how to run every tile and endlessly waste the killers time, and so they buff killers to make up for it. It's a band-aid cycle that makes yellow/green ranked survivors suffer, but there's nothing that can be done about it.
Refer to my previous posts predicting this outcome. You claim I can't do it on Trickster or Trapper, I post videos on Trickster AND Trapper. Now it's the next excuse - "those survivors weren't even good, I bet that's why you're hiding the rank". So we clear that up. Now it's the next excuse, "Wow those survivors are clearly boosted, you just got lucky."
As I've already said, it doesn't matter how many videos I post. Trolls are never gonna admit when they're wrong lol.
Oh, and if by "carried her team" you mean "used up all the palettes on the entire map," then yeah I guess she "carried." Three gens done before first hook might look to your inexperienced eye like Yui "carrying the team," but it was all part of the plan. Hence why it all fell apart so quickly after the first hook. Try to broaden your ideas about how to win and maybe someday you'll get your Trickster adept too.
Stop ignoring half of my posts.
Bruh, but for real--Pig isn't hard. Most of the killers aren't hard, it's true, but your entire experiment is kind of stupid and pointless, because the problem with the game isn't the sorts of players you're being put up against at your current rank, it's the people who know how to exploit it. They can't do anything to make the game enjoyable against rank 1 survivors that have 3000hrs in the game & know how to run every tile and endlessly waste the killers time, and so they buff killers to make up for it. It's a band-aid cycle that makes yellow/green ranked survivors suffer, but there's nothing that can be done about it.
What do you want me to say? There's nothing in that post for me to reply to. You claim that "there's nothing that can be done about it." I've already given dozens of suggestions of what can be done about it. You just refuse to acknowledge that I'm right.
Are you asking me to spell out for you again what I've already said multiple times?
Hahahahha, OK, guy. I'm glad you're not a dev because your suggestions were ridiculous and would make the game infinitely worse.
But go off, I guess. Write another essay even though you have very little understanding about what the problems with the game actually are--and they're not "KILLER 2 STRONG REVERT BUFF, NO 2 BLINK NURSE!!!!"
BTW, I'm done replying because you're an actual wall.
Edit: I saw your edit--I already have Trickster adept, guy. I got it on the first day he came out.
Yeah, sure, I have no idea what I'm talking about. That must be why every time you or someone else tells me "well if killer is so easy then go do _______" I go and do it and you're forced to come up with another excuse. But yes, please excuse yourself from the conversation now.
One more troll slain. Who's up next?
Actually, I take it back--I AM replying again, now that I've really processed your edit.
Oh, and if by "carried her team" you mean "used up all the palettes on the entire map," then yeah I guess she "carried." Three gens done before first hook might look to your inexperienced eye like Yui "carrying the team," but it was all part of the plan. Hence why it all fell apart so quickly after the first hook. Try to broaden your ideas about how to win and maybe someday you'll get your Trickster adept too.
Because I really want to know; are you trying to say that playing killer is too easy, or that you're just so skilled and everyone else is just so inexperienced and bad that they can't perform as well as you do????? But killer is too easy?? You'd think if it was super easy that everyone would have a similar experience, regardless of skill.
But here you are, bragging about your amazing skill and experience at killer and how it carried you to easy victories.
If only we were all as good as you! So we knew how easy killer is!
Allow me to repeat myself again.
When I first started playing killer, I was as bad as anyone else. I lost most games, and it was only through a great deal of trial and error that I learned the skills required to play killer correctly. As in any skill-based video game, I had to learn and practice to get good at the game. As one should have to.
So yes, now that I have these skills which anyone else can also develop if they invest the requisite time and effort, I was able to learn how to play killer well enough to get to rank 1 before all the buffs. Was it hard? I guess. But challenge is what makes a game rewarding. Nowadays, there is no challenge anymore. People are able to step in as killer and reach red ranks without ever having to develop many skills or strategies and making tons of mistakes along the way. Whereas survivors can play flawlessly and still lose because the game is so skewed in the killers' favor.
And that has nothing to do with me. There are tons of bad killers getting to red ranks right now because it is so easy and the balance is so skewed. They're just doing it by camping hooks and tunneling and running the best perks possible.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're apparently just the kind of gamer who loves playing whatever is overpowered so that he can win a lot without ever really being challenged. So how about let's flip the tables and see you get to rank 1 survivor by solo queuing in the current season since "killer isn't overpowered right now" and then maybe I'll take what you say seriously.
You can't beat yourself off about being an amazing skillful killer with one hand, and then with the other post your stats on your games and say that you won all of these games so killer is easy. It's one or the other. Either it's a skillful role that you spent time perfecting your skills at, or you picked up killer and beat everyone's asses because killer is the easiest role in the game right now.