Why you shouldn't be mad about "Gen Rushing"

Well for starters Gen rushing technically never happens


only one of those very small acception is toolboxes and Prove Thyself gamers which you barely see


Now how does Gen Rushing even begin?


Well plain and simple it usually begins mostly from a Killer not applying enough pressure


on Specific Killers like Trapper, Demogorgon, and Deathslinger, Just to name a few examples, Applying pressure can be very difficult in multiple situations


But that is mainly why we run the perks

  • Corrupt Intervention
  • pop Goes The Weasel
  • BBQ and Chili (Aside from BP)
  • Infectious Freight
  • Hex Totem Perks

and so on and so on


There are a lot of factors that go into gen rushing as well, depending on the Tile RNG, the Map and its Size, and experience of the kind of Killer you are


Now what can i do to to not allow Survivors to have a chance to Gen Rush?

Well usually the best strategy is the Hit and Run where you hit a survivor and leave to find another survivor

Now why would i do that?

Because usually a survivor cannot stand the thought of being Injured, especially if they have a Medkit

But what if the survivor is gonna do a gen while Injured?

Even though it will still hurt you to have an Injured person do the gens that mean they wont be healed for a while therefore all you'd need to do is smack them once the next chase you have next time you find them


Also do know that as long as you have a good 3 gen prop it'd be very difficult to get them done, only thing that could hurt you is if they get on multiple different gens which suprisingly not a lot of survivors do (In my Experience at least)

But also the more you play the better you will hone your own skills in this game as not every other game will be the exact same thing

I'm a High rank Survivor (2) and High Rank Killer (1)

Despite the fact that Rank is meaningless that doesnt mean there is no noticable differences between a Rank10 and rank 3

I've been playing DBD since 2018 and i've seen a lot of things happen but most of them can be overcome

There are a lot of people who give waayy better explinations than i do like Scott Jund and Otzdarva but i'm giving off info from my expeirence, you dont have to hate or like it and feel free to let me know your own thoughts no matter how badly you agree or disagree with me

This is a community i want to share multiple opinions with so we can hopefully all come to an arangement that not everything a Survivor or a Killer does is specifically to target you or be an ass

I'm here for hopeful Help, if i shine some light on Killers and survivors thats great! if not thats okay but i thank you for reading nonetheless


If you are interested of Course i do YouTube and Twitch

Twitch- Jack_TheJolteon - Twitch

YouTube - (75) Jack TheJolteon - YouTube

Comments

  • This is missing the entire point of what people are talking about when they mention "gen rushing".

  • I do not blame people for slamming gens, I blame the game for making it so easy and at times necessary.

    Similarly, I do not blame Killers for camping or tunneling, I blame the game for making it necessary.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I do not blame people for slamming gens, I blame the game for making it so easy and at times necessary.

    Similarly, I do not blame Killers for camping or tunneling, I blame the game for making it necessary.

    ^ This.

  • @Blueberry said:

    This is missing the entire point of what people are talking about when they mention "gen rushing".

    That is not entirely the post since you are given a option of what you can do and not the entire reason

  • I personally am not mad about genrushing.

    I just become slightly confused when I hear I'm a bad player for applying pressure via camping, slugging or tunneling.

  • I don't blame people for rushing gens, that's their objective.

    I blame the game design, which makes lower skill brackets incredibly killer sided, while higher skill brackets (which should be more fun) are incredibly survivor sided (which makes it very unfun). This leads to less people playing killer at higher skill levels, which means those higher skilled survivors end up matched with lower skilled killers, which has a knock on effect and leads to barely anyone playing killer.

    A huge part of this is gen speeds. Experienced survivors know how to be efficient, which involves doing gens as fast as possible, which is impossible to counter as a killer without high mobility (Nurse, Blight, Spirit) because you can't be in seven places at once.

    As a mid-rank killer who inevitably goes up against top rank survivors who are 'efficient on gens', you can have 3 gens pop before you've even hit a survivor. Then have the next gen pop while you're hooking your first survivor, and then while you go off to pressure the remaining three gens, that survivor gets rescued. You now have 4 survivors doing three gens that you can't defend all at once, even with a good 3-gen set up, because you're banking on having eliminated at least one survivor by that point.

    You literally can't down survivors and defend the gens at the same time, because doing one makes the other impossible. Down a survivor? Last gen gets completed. Spend all your time kicking gens? No chance to down a survivor.

    This is all perceived as 'gen rushing'.

    How do you level the playing field between the top end of play and the more casual skill brackets?

  • @Jack_TheJolteon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044773#Comment_2044773

    That is not entirely the post since you are given a option of what you can do and not the entire reason

    "you are given a option of what you can do and not the entire reason"

    That's entirely my point.

    You simply pointed out ways to essentially pressure the survivors and slow down gens. That's good information for lots of people, but not the issue.

    The issue is that regardless of these factors if the survivors are good and want to win the game it will be over quickly (IE gen rush). These extra factors you mention to prevent "gen rush" won't stop it from happening if the survivors are good. Emphasis on the "good". Against average survivors you run into at rank 1 of course this all applies and you can prevent "gen rush". We're talking "good" survivors though typically when mentioning gen rush.

    Also it really comes down to gen efficiency more than anything. The survivors can be absolute potatoes but if they know how to be efficient, hold m1 and not waste time, you will lose bar some off exceptions like Nurse etc etc. The average survivors you run into in solo queue are just really bad and not efficient.

    As Pulsar mentioned, I don't blame survivors for gen rushing as that's their objective and what they should be doing. I blame the devs for balancing the game in a way that allows the gens the ability to be done that fast. Same can apply to killers with camping/tunneling against good survivors.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044787#Comment_2044787

    "you are given a option of what you can do and not the entire reason"

    That's entirely my point.

    You simply pointed out ways to essentially pressure the survivors and slow down gens. That's good information for lots of people, but not the issue.

    The issue is that regardless of these factors if the survivors are good and want to win the game it will be over quickly (IE gen rush). These extra factors you mention to prevent "gen rush" won't stop it from happening if the survivors are good. Emphasis on the "good". Against average survivors you run into at rank 1 of course this all applies and you can prevent "gen rush". We're talking "good" survivors though typically when mentioning gen rush.

    Also it really comes down to gen efficiency more than anything. The survivors can be absolute potatoes but if they know how to be efficient, hold m1 and not waste time, you will lose bar some off exceptions like Nurse etc etc. The average survivors you run into in solo queue are just really bad and not efficient.

    As Pulsar mentioned, I don't blame survivors for gen rushing as that's their objective and what they should be doing. I blame the devs for balancing the game in a way that allows the gens the ability to be done that fast. Same can apply to killers with camping/tunneling against good survivors.

    Precisely.

    I've gone up against teams that were awful at chases but just did gens. I didn't feel pressured because I was winning chases so quickly and literally couldn't hook them fast enough before they got the gens done. Granted, I didn't tunnel anyone, nor did I camp anyone, but the point stands.

    You can be bad at chases (like me) but if your team does gens, you can get out easily.

    That isn't their fault, it's the games fault.

  • You mentioned killer perks to help slow down gen pressure and suggest hit and run tactics. Not bad to mention those, but I just wanted to point out that survivors have multiple perks to help slam gens...also survivors regularly complain about hit and run because they want to be chased and your taking an aspect of the game away, when you don’t chase.

    Same reason survivors dislike killers who shorten the chase, it’s when they feel most powerful and have the most fun. Few enjoy the generator simulator.

    My point is, everything wrong with this game just follows a pattern back to a root.

    SWF Survivors<Killer<Solo Survivor<Specifically Weak Killers<Meg

    As long as the game isn’t balanced around the idea that every Survivor can communicate with every other survivor and thus, buff killers, to then balance out perks, and lastly remove Meg...

    We will always have more speedy gen pops and less fun chase time.

  • "Gen rushing" as an idea is so stupid. Like sorry for doing the only objective too quickly? What do killers expect, just for survivors to sit around twiddling their thumbs while they're chasing someone? "Oh sorry guys, we did the gens too efficiently, we should have let go of them and slowed down a bit".

  • @gendoss said:

    "Gen rushing" as an idea is so stupid. Like sorry for doing the only objective too quickly? What do killers expect, just for survivors to sit around twiddling their thumbs while they're chasing someone? "Oh sorry guys, we did the gens too efficiently, we should have let go of them and slowed down a bit".

    The idea is not stupid. It does exist. It's fairly common for teams to be efficient on gens, at least in my very limited experiences.

    That being said, it is NOT their fault.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044821#Comment_2044821

    Precisely.

    I've gone up against teams that were awful at chases but just did gens. I didn't feel pressured because I was winning chases so quickly and literally couldn't hook them fast enough before they got the gens done. Granted, I didn't tunnel anyone, nor did I camp anyone, but the point stands.

    You can be bad at chases (like me) but if your team does gens, you can get out easily.

    That isn't their fault, it's the games fault.

    That's the absolute worst feeling when you feel like you won every single chase (sub 15 seconds) and still lost. You feel handicapped because you simply picked the wrong killer for that match.

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    You mentioned killer perks to help slow down gen pressure and suggest hit and run tactics. Not bad to mention those, but I just wanted to point out that survivors have multiple perks to help slam gens...also survivors regularly complain about hit and run because they want to be chased and your taking an aspect of the game away, when you don’t chase.

    Same reason survivors dislike killers who shorten the chase, it’s when they feel most powerful and have the most fun. Few enjoy the generator simulator.

    My point is, everything wrong with this game just follows a pattern back to a root.

    SWF Survivors<Killer<Solo Survivor<Specifically Weak Killers<Meg

    As long as the game isn’t balanced around the idea that every Survivor can communicate with every other survivor and thus, buff killers, to then balance out perks, and lastly remove Meg...

    We will always have more speedy gen pops and less fun chase time.

    i love the fact you say " Remove Meg "

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044850#Comment_2044850

    The idea is not stupid. It does exist. It's fairly common for teams to be efficient on gens, at least in my very limited experiences.

    That being said, it is NOT their fault.

    I 100% agree with what you are saying, i do not accuse Survivors nor Killers of it being there fault over something the devs have faultly done, but i say that it shouldn't be the survivors nor the killers fault over the result of something that happened mainly because of this game and how its put out as

  • gen speeds are fine killers just need to learn to apply better pressure like you stated. I've had plenty of matches to where gens were flying left and right but I just take the points and move on. you're gonna have those good and bad games. If you hate gens getting done so quickly than you can run those slow down perks to hopefully help you in your future matches.

  • I'm not mad @ survivor doing their objects, but the entitlement makes me sick when survivors calls u a camper/tunneller while they camp and tunnel gens the whole game. I just kicked the gen and a survivor taped it, isn't that tunneling my gens just like I tunnel a unhooked survivor? How come tunnelling the survivor makes me a bad guy while they do the same all the time? Just because they have 4 and can ######### more?

    Doing the same object ignoring other objects, aka tunneling, is only bad when killers do it, while for survivors it becomes a legit strategy. That's insane. Besides killers are already being punished with BT DH DS combo, why surviviors still ######### about it while killers accually pays more than downing 2 other survivors for hooking the saved again? Does killers have perks that makes gens impossible to touch for 60 seconds / stun the survivor for 5 seconds after he kick this gen? Or makes the gen have another 40 seconds for repair after a kick? Why some survivors r so entitled?

  • @UnentitledBunnyMan said:

    I'm not mad @ survivor doing their objects, but the entitlement makes me sick when survivors calls u a camper/tunneller while they camp and tunnel gens the whole game. I just kicked the gen and a survivor taped it, isn't that tunneling my gens just like I tunnel a unhooked survivor? How come tunnelling the survivor makes me a bad guy while they do the same all the time? Just because they have 4 and can ######### more?

    Doing the same object ignoring other objects, aka tunneling, is only bad when killers do it, while for survivors it becomes a legit strategy. That's insane. Besides killers are already being punished with BT DH DS combo, why surviviors still ######### about it while killers accually pays more than downing 2 other survivors for hooking the saved again? Does killers have perks that makes gens impossible to touch for 60 seconds / stun the survivor for 5 seconds after he kick this gen? Or makes the gen have another 40 seconds for repair after a kick? Why some survivors r so entitled?

    While i completely understand where you are coming from and have been in mutliple scenarios that you said, there are entitled survivors just like there are entitled Killers, this game is no where near balanced in gameplay for either side, therefore having to do all that we can for our objective is alright, if someone complains oh well, but do remember those perks can still be easily countered, DH DS and BT, DS is also getting a nerf, Dead Hard is very simple to counter, waiting a few seconds, patience is always key, and BT is more counterable since if they are trying to get the unhook close to you it usually will be better to just wait for a grab or to smack and chase the unhooker therefore not needing to worry about BT

  • Gen rushing is when survivors prioritise generators over saving their teammates. There's been times in solo queue, where even with Kindred, there will be 2 survivors working on a generator each and letting me hit stage two before coming to rescue me so they can get the generators done ASAP.

    That's gen rushing. The killer failing, through his own fault, or the unfair mechanics of the game (OP perks, OP maps for survivors, etc) doesn't constitute as gen rushing, the survivors are just doing their objective and aren't pressured from it at all.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    gen speeds are fine killers just need to learn to apply better pressure like you stated. I've had plenty of matches to where gens were flying left and right but I just take the points and move on. you're gonna have those good and bad games. If you hate gens getting done so quickly than you can run those slow down perks to hopefully help you in your future matches.

    You see, the advice of ''just apply pressure 5head'' isn't applicable to half the maps in the game. Unless you're Nurse or Spirit, how do you deal with:

    -Four good survivors with DS/UB/DH/BT?

    -Coldwind, haddonfield or the game which are the safest map for survivors.

    -Playing with a low tier killer.

    -Maps the size of Russia.

    I think killers should take more responsibility, but there's been times where I'm Wraith on Haddonfield, against four very good survivors with Balanced Landing. That's an instant loss, there's nothing you can do. Same for any coldwind map really.

    If every map was balanced like Coal Tower (small, fair pallets) then I think ''applying pressure'' would be sound advice.

  • No one WANTS to use certain perks. Sometimes they just have to.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    No one WANTS to use certain perks. Sometimes they just have to.

    That's what i said lmao

  • "You're running Ruin, Surveillance, Undying and PGTW, typical killer lol"

    Huh, wonder why most killers run it, so games don't last 3 minutes, not a fan of tunneling in the game although I am also not a fan of losing 2 gens cause I couldn't find any Survivors within 40 seconds.

    I can't play any fun builds that doesn't include gen pressure unless i'm fine with depipping and getting very little blood points, why play Legion or even the newest Killer when I could just play Freddy and some high mobility Killer, some S tiers like Spirit just so I can save time and actually stand a chance.

    Two Survivors working on 1 gen can finish a gen from 80 seconds to 44.44.

    Three Survivors working on 1 gen can finish a gen from 80 seconds to 33.33.

    Four Survivors working on 1 gen can finish a gen from 80 seconds to 28.57.

    Or all the Survivors can spread out and hammer gens to no return, to in which I have to slug off hook to make sure that person doesn't do gens without tunneling them, or whatever that doesn't upset people.

    A fun build and play style will benefit you a lot less then a efficient play style.

    If you think losing with no chance to bring the game back in your favor is fun, then you're a horrible liar.

    Feeling like you can't do anything when you try to play a fun killer and fun build is not fun, it lowers your fun value when you have to go out of your way to be sweaty as a Killer when Survivors can do bare minimal and win without a sweat when they have a team who slams gens 99% of the match.

    Loops are a different story.

  • @Jack_TheJolteon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045063#Comment_2045063

    While i completely understand where you are coming from and have been in mutliple scenarios that you said, there are entitled survivors just like there are entitled Killers, this game is no where near balanced in gameplay for either side, therefore having to do all that we can for our objective is alright, if someone complains oh well, but do remember those perks can still be easily countered, DH DS and BT, DS is also getting a nerf, Dead Hard is very simple to counter, waiting a few seconds, patience is always key, and BT is more counterable since if they are trying to get the unhook close to you it usually will be better to just wait for a grab or to smack and chase the unhooker therefore not needing to worry about BT

    Yeah like survivors are always going for a 0% gen ignoring a 50% gen. /S

  • @Zaytex said:

    Gen rushing is when survivors prioritise generators over saving their teammates. There's been times in solo queue, where even with Kindred, there will be 2 survivors working on a generator each and letting me hit stage two before coming to rescue me so they can get the generators done ASAP.

    That's gen rushing. The killer failing, through his own fault, or the unfair mechanics of the game (OP perks, OP maps for survivors, etc) doesn't constitute as gen rushing, the survivors are just doing their objective and aren't pressured from it at all.

    Yes exactly as stated above

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045050#Comment_2045050

    You see, the advice of ''just apply pressure 5head'' isn't applicable to half the maps in the game. Unless you're Nurse or Spirit, how do you deal with:

    -Four good survivors with DS/UB/DH/BT?

    -Coldwind, haddonfield or the game which are the safest map for survivors.

    -Playing with a low tier killer.

    -Maps the size of Russia.

    I think killers should take more responsibility, but there's been times where I'm Wraith on Haddonfield, against four very good survivors with Balanced Landing. That's an instant loss, there's nothing you can do. Same for any coldwind map really.

    If every map was balanced like Coal Tower (small, fair pallets) then I think ''applying pressure'' would be sound advice.

    Haddonfield is a nightmare i'm lucky to even get maybe two hooks, but of course it all depends on what kind of team I'm going against.

  • Well this is completely correct. If the killer fails to apply pressure, then there is literally no reason for survivors not to do objectives. If they can apply enough pressure (AKA slugging nurse), then objectives completely grind to a standstill while the team tries to recover. It's a much more dynamic and nuanced situation than people give credit to.

  • Doing the objective is fine. It's when it's clearly the only thing Survivors seem interested in doing that it becomes annoying.

    It's not a matter of doing the objective. It's a matter of I don't understand why it's fun. Doing gens is boring as hell. Holding down a button is not gameplay. I will throw the game to get chased because getting chased is FUN. Stuff HAPPENS. Meanwhile I can have games as Killer where literally the only thing that ever happens on their end is holding M1 and occasionally Shift + W.

    How is that entertaining? You're playing a less interactive clicker game at that point. Go play a clicker game.

  • @gendoss said:

    "Gen rushing" as an idea is so stupid. Like sorry for doing the only objective too quickly? What do killers expect, just for survivors to sit around twiddling their thumbs while they're chasing someone? "Oh sorry guys, we did the gens too efficiently, we should have let go of them and slowed down a bit".

    I assume tunneling also doesn´t exist. Since the killers only objective is to kill.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Well this is completely correct. If the killer fails to apply pressure, then there is literally no reason for survivors not to do objectives. If they can apply enough pressure (AKA slugging nurse), then objectives completely grind to a standstill while the team tries to recover. It's a much more dynamic and nuanced situation than people give credit to.

    Thanks for thinking so

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044850#Comment_2044850

    I assume tunneling also doesn´t exist. Since the killers only objective is to kill.

    You have a strong point lol

  • I'm more mad that survivors gen rush and then act like "this was all skill". Yeah, so skillful having to hold a button down for 100 seconds and you auto win. Meanwhile the "skilless" "baby" killer is running around the whole map juggling 4 of you, and gets chewed out for running regression perks or proxy camping. You can't make this stuff up. It's survivors equating broken mechanics with their personal skill.

  • @Jack_TheJolteon said:

    Well for starters Gen rushing technically never happens

    only one of those very small acception is toolboxes and Prove Thyself gamers which you barely see

    Now how does Gen Rushing even begin?

    Well plain and simple it usually begins mostly from a Killer not applying enough pressure

    on Specific Killers like Trapper, Demogorgon, and Deathslinger, Just to name a few examples, Applying pressure can be very difficult in multiple situations

    But that is mainly why we run the perks

    • Corrupt Intervention
    • pop Goes The Weasel
    • BBQ and Chili (Aside from BP)
    • Infectious Freight
    • Hex Totem Perks

    and so on and so on

    There are a lot of factors that go into gen rushing as well, depending on the Tile RNG, the Map and its Size, and experience of the kind of Killer you are

    Now what can i do to to not allow Survivors to have a chance to Gen Rush?

    Well usually the best strategy is the Hit and Run where you hit a survivor and leave to find another survivor

    Now why would i do that?

    Because usually a survivor cannot stand the thought of being Injured, especially if they have a Medkit

    But what if the survivor is gonna do a gen while Injured?

    Even though it will still hurt you to have an Injured person do the gens that mean they wont be healed for a while therefore all you'd need to do is smack them once the next chase you have next time you find them

    Also do know that as long as you have a good 3 gen prop it'd be very difficult to get them done, only thing that could hurt you is if they get on multiple different gens which suprisingly not a lot of survivors do (In my Experience at least)

    But also the more you play the better you will hone your own skills in this game as not every other game will be the exact same thing

    I'm a High rank Survivor (2) and High Rank Killer (1)

    Despite the fact that Rank is meaningless that doesnt mean there is no noticable differences between a Rank10 and rank 3

    I've been playing DBD since 2018 and i've seen a lot of things happen but most of them can be overcome

    There are a lot of people who give waayy better explinations than i do like Scott Jund and Otzdarva but i'm giving off info from my expeirence, you dont have to hate or like it and feel free to let me know your own thoughts no matter how badly you agree or disagree with me

    This is a community i want to share multiple opinions with so we can hopefully all come to an arangement that not everything a Survivor or a Killer does is specifically to target you or be an ass

    I'm here for hopeful Help, if i shine some light on Killers and survivors thats great! if not thats okay but i thank you for reading nonetheless

    If you are interested of Course i do YouTube and Twitch

    Twitch- Jack_TheJolteon - Twitch

    YouTube - (75) Jack TheJolteon - YouTube

    So yer telling me. when i'm chasing One survivor. the other three survivors are on Separate Gens.. by the time i finally down the first survivor who was a actual looper, 3 gens popped.

    By my standard... Gen rushing is a Real term.. i've even done it with my team, less than 5 minutes we got all gens done and got out,

    (Survivor is weak btw /s)

  • The "Gen Rush" was something certain influences who believe the game must be catered around their level of play created.

    It's irrelivent as far as I'm concerned. For most people, the balance is fine where it is. Either get better at pressuring survivors or ######### move on and play a different game if you don't like it.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    The "Gen Rush" was something certain influences who believe the game must be catered around their level of play created.

    It's irrelivent as far as I'm concerned. For most people, the balance is fine where it is. Either get better at pressuring survivors or ######### move on and play a different game if you don't like it.

    Not sure what world you live in where this game is balanced but okay

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/236767/why-you-shouldnt-be-mad-about-gen-rushing

    So yer telling me. when i'm chasing One survivor. the other three survivors are on Separate Gens.. by the time i finally down the first survivor who was a actual looper, 3 gens popped.

    By my standard... Gen rushing is a Real term.. i've even done it with my team, less than 5 minutes we got all gens done and got out,

    (Survivor is weak btw /s)

    You seem way to influenced on the survivor side to have a meaningful response,please try opening your mind to both sides then get back to me

  • Gen speeds are too fast even with regression perks. This isn't the survivor's fault. Hell, when I play survivor, I pound out gens too (unless I have some jank challenge).

    There are lots of balance issues in the game. Some favor survivors. Some favor killers. But the reality is, the first person can take the first chase usually for quite some time. If survivors stick to gens, it's not uncommon for two to pop before the first down. Sometimes 3 will pop.

    The survivors have completed 60% od their objective before the killer has completed 8%. That's an issue. Now things can snowball, but realistically they usually don't.

  • @Jack_TheJolteon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045337#Comment_2045337

    You seem way to influenced on the survivor side to have a meaningful response,please try opening your mind to both sides then get back to me

    I play both sides my guy. i stream dbd everyday and play with my bois aswel. can literally show you what a Swf bullysquad is if i wanted to, No mercy on the survivor end..

    Cept i hate doin' that. i always feel bad for the killer reguardless.

  • I haven't opened the forums in almost 6 months and this is the first post I see.

    Nice.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044850#Comment_2044850

    I assume tunneling also doesn´t exist. Since the killers only objective is to kill.

    I don't blame anybody for tunneling because it's the objectively efficient thing to do but it's different than gen rushing because you have to go out of your way and actively decide whether to tunnel or not. If I'm a survivor I'm not consciously thinking about whether I should slow down on gens to help out the killer or not, I just do them because it's the only thing to do, there's no options.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045252#Comment_2045252

    I don't blame anybody for tunneling because it's the objectively efficient thing to do but it's different than gen rushing because you have to go out of your way and actively decide whether to tunnel or not. If I'm a survivor I'm not consciously thinking about whether I should slow down on gens to help out the killer or not, I just do them because it's the only thing to do, there's no options.

    Totems exist.

    There are plenty of other things survivors can do.

  • I'm not mad at survivors for genrushing, I'm mad at bhvr for the fact that it's possible to finish all the gens under 4 minutes while killer is applying pressure.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I'm more mad that survivors gen rush and then act like "this was all skill". Yeah, so skillful having to hold a button down for 100 seconds and you auto win. Meanwhile the "skilless" "baby" killer is running around the whole map juggling 4 of you, and gets chewed out for running regression perks or proxy camping. You can't make this stuff up. It's survivors equating broken mechanics with their personal skill.

    Imagine press E to win. Playing as killer even pressing W is taking more skill than playing as survivor cz rubbing against object will always slow the killer while survivor can hide his face in the wall but still run @ full speed

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045959#Comment_2045959

    Totems exist.

    There are plenty of other things survivors can do.

    Ok if there are no hex totems doing the dull ones are completely useless unless they have NOED which is rare and running around the map to find all of the useless totems is boring af.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044841#Comment_2044841

    That's the absolute worst feeling when you feel like you won every single chase (sub 15 seconds) and still lost. You feel handicapped because you simply picked the wrong killer for that match.

    Nope, the worst feeling is getting tunneled in 7 out of the last 10 matches. Just because the killer doesnt stand right next to you when on the hook and is like 10 meters away watching to strike you if you get unhooked it is still camping/tunneling lol. The other three matches it was nurse or spirit and those ended up badly because it was a killer who knew what they were doing and phased the entire time across the map and we only got one-three gens done. This was all with a team that is relatively good. So um yeah DBD is not as fun as it was thats for sure. I guess only when people stop playing in large enough amounts will it change.

  • @gendoss said:

    "Gen rushing" as an idea is so stupid. Like sorry for doing the only objective too quickly? What do killers expect, just for survivors to sit around twiddling their thumbs while they're chasing someone? "Oh sorry guys, we did the gens too efficiently, we should have let go of them and slowed down a bit".

    this is why killers run noed because gens go so fast

    I run noed as backup when gen go to fast,normally I don't need noed but sometime I do because I know if 3 or 4 gens are pop before the 1st or 2nd hook they not doing bones.

  • @UnentitledBunnyMan said:

    I'm not mad @ survivor doing their objects, but the entitlement makes me sick when survivors calls u a camper/tunneller while they camp and tunnel gens the whole game. I just kicked the gen and a survivor taped it, isn't that tunneling my gens just like I tunnel a unhooked survivor? How come tunnelling the survivor makes me a bad guy while they do the same all the time? Just because they have 4 and can ######### more?

    Doing the same object ignoring other objects, aka tunneling, is only bad when killers do it, while for survivors it becomes a legit strategy. That's insane. Besides killers are already being punished with BT DH DS combo, why surviviors still ######### about it while killers accually pays more than downing 2 other survivors for hooking the saved again? Does killers have perks that makes gens impossible to touch for 60 seconds / stun the survivor for 5 seconds after he kick this gen? Or makes the gen have another 40 seconds for repair after a kick? Why some survivors r so entitled?

    This difference is, as a killer who hooks a survivor,,,they cant leave (unless maybe with deliverance if you have already unhooked someone),,, while a survivor who is "tunneling" a gen can leave just like you the killer can leave and move around. So your comparison is flawed because as a survivor we have to "tunnel" a gen to compete it unless there is another way to do them your not telling us about? With regard to DS most killers get around that by not picking up a downed survivor and letting them wait. For BT that goes back to tunneling by a killer,,,most will just follow a survivor until the few seconds are gone and they can down you, happens all the time. DH has never been that great to begin with and only works 10 percent of the time in a clutch.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045063#Comment_2045063

    This difference is, as a killer who hooks a survivor,,,they cant leave (unless maybe with deliverance if you have already unhooked someone),,, while a survivor who is "tunneling" a gen can leave just like you the killer can leave and move around. So your comparison is flawed because as a survivor we have to "tunnel" a gen to compete it unless there is another way to do them your not telling us about? With regard to DS most killers get around that by not picking up a downed survivor and letting them wait. For BT that goes back to tunneling by a killer,,,most will just follow a survivor until the few seconds are gone and they can down you, happens all the time. DH has never been that great to begin with and only works 10 percent of the time in a clutch.

    What I want to say is that survivor tunnel gens means they do those 50% gens rather than do a 0% gen, same as killer tunnel a hooked P1 survivor. Camping gens means I go to the gen and drive away survivor and kick it, but a survivor comes back to this gen right after I leave this gen. I wasn't thinking straight last post.


    BTW the killer camp the hook if he is half dencent then he knows even he leave the hook to gens he won't be able to stop the POPs and he will lose his hook kill that's why he camp hook. Basically when he camp he knows he can't kill more.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I do not blame people for slamming gens, I blame the game for making it so easy and at times necessary.

    Similarly, I do not blame Killers for camping or tunneling, I blame the game for making it necessary.

    Really? I definitely think we all blame deathsquads and basement bubba's. There's a difference between it being the right play, and it being the only thing you are ever intending to do.

‹ 1 2