Decisive Strike unfairly nerfed with no counter buffs

How many counters does a perk need? Since killers didn’t know how to play around the perk it will now have the most ways to disable itself than any other perk in the game.  Pretty much paralyzing the survivor to keep it. As difficult as it is for the survivor to complete objectives this is a huge set back. Most matches there is little hope. Killers have nothing to do but one objective while survivors have to do several and on top of that punished for doing anything where killer perks completely changes the game. Now survivor perks punish for playing the game.

A perk “Nothing to be afraid of” is really the opposite now. More afraid of losing it and needing it when a spirit phases all the way back and tunnel.  Was it forgotten that being a survivor you should try to heal yourself if you are injured? What benefit is it to have good med kits? It should be fair game to try to heal yourself and not worry with losing a perk. Not to mention trying to help your team. Now Bubba will be stronger in the basement because BT does nothing to him, DS you could maybe unhook someone and have a chance for only one to get out. An unnecessary buff where Bubba didn't need it because there is no counterplay to killers like Bubba.

It was nerfed way too much to benefit only killers and make their game easier than it already is with nothing added to it to help survivors. Like the least that could have been done was to stop the timer if someone is being chased or slugged on the ground. I thought 1-time use perks should be powerful, not very weak and catering to the other side so much. Undying was a busted perk and it won the killer the game, yet it still got huge counter buffs when it was nerfed. DS is only a 1-time use perk and it can really only be used by a facecamping killer now and that assumes that they don’t slug.  It is ridiculous decisive strike will be so situational and only useable if killer plays a specific way and can still prevent it from being used by slugging.  Lets be sure killers can abuse it. The decisive strike nerfs were rushed and for only to entertain killers.

Comments

  • I found the person who BHVR based The Clown on!

    Wait, I'm just getting some more info.... Nevermind, its just a normal clown.

  • Well it wasn't a picture of a Hamburger so you're more creative than 95% of these forums

  • @Profezia said:

    It deserved no buffs.

    It was overtuned and unfair for 2 years.

    Nerf well deserved and no buffs needed.

    EDIT: I would also like to say that considering OPs post story we shouldn't listen to his opinion since he's very likely just a troll.

    Just like ironwill let's nerf noed have it an active totem the whole match and watch killers complain I hate ds personally but I miss my ironwill killers can here me when slugged that was a big benefit that they took from me

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2035052#Comment_2035052

    Just like ironwill let's nerf noed have it an active totem the whole match and watch killers complain I hate ds personally but I miss my ironwill killers can here me when slugged that was a big benefit that they took from me

    it already basically has 5 active totems you can cleanse to render perk unusable.

    Making it 1 totem instead of one would be like slapping no mither on iron will.

  • I knew this was a troll post when OP said "counter buffs"

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045489#Comment_2045489

    it already basically has 5 active totems you can cleanse to render perk unusable.

    Making it 1 totem instead of one would be like slapping no mither on iron will.

    When I play solo how am I supposed to know how many totems were cleansed or if any how is that fair to us the few the proud the solo and the reason I play solo survivor is cause killer is to easy and swf is easier than killer so I stand alone for the challenge but tunneling camping and nerfs makes we want to get the gang together they constantly invite me I just say nah but if they nerf one more survivor thing and I promise I will punish killers for enjoying are misery

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045591#Comment_2045591

    When I play solo how am I supposed to know how many totems were cleansed or if any how is that fair to us the few the proud the solo and the reason I play solo survivor is cause killer is to easy and swf is easier than killer so I stand alone for the challenge but tunneling camping and nerfs makes we want to get the gang together they constantly invite me I just say nah but if they nerf one more survivor thing and I promise I will punish killers for enjoying are misery

    When you play solo you're supposed to either run anit totem build and do the job yourself if you want it to be done for sure or simply hide after exit gates are powered instead of playing aggressive.

    You know, hide in a locker, make sure killer isn't near, open gates, gtfo. +1pip, escaped, no saltiness from expected and well-deserved death from noed.

    I always do that and it works more than enough.

    Although if you want to be greedy, then you have problems.

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045591#Comment_2045591

    When I play solo how am I supposed to know how many totems were cleansed or if any how is that fair to us the few the proud the solo and the reason I play solo survivor is cause killer is to easy and swf is easier than killer so I stand alone for the challenge but tunneling camping and nerfs makes we want to get the gang together they constantly invite me I just say nah but if they nerf one more survivor thing and I promise I will punish killers for enjoying are misery

    By counting to 5.

    And no, nobody is impressed that you're apparently now threatening to join a swf, go join them.

  • Why would anybody bother to reply this clown LOL

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044014#Comment_2044014

    No, it really isn't moot.

    Are you saying that a game where a SWF team kicks the Killer's butt the entire match but falls victim to NOED is the same as a team that gets dominated and finishes zero gens?

    Additionally, pairing Red Ranked Killers against Purple or Green Ranked Survivors is going to inflate the Kill Rate.

    People suiciding on hook will also inflate the Kill Rate. There are plenty of things in the game that are "unfun." You don't want to open that can of worms because while you might take Iri Head from Killers, Survivors have WAY more to lose in that line of thinking.

    And shouldn't those RNG maps be tracked? If you play Killer and get Coal Tower with all T-L's and you get a 4K, was it because you were better or because the Survivors had nothing to work with? Same in reverse too.

    The Kill Rate stats are completely useless. Almost everyone agrees on this. Why can't you see what we see?

    There is also plenty of red rank survivors going against brown and green rank killers too.

    Who is everyone? That must be all killers. If killrates were only 20%, you would be all about the killrates because it would show they are too weak.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044069#Comment_2044069

    There is also plenty of red rank survivors going against brown and green rank killers too.

    Who is everyone? That must be all killers. If killrates were only 20%, you would be all about the killrates because it would show they are too weak.

    Literally everyone but you and YourNightmare.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045747#Comment_2045747

    By counting to 5.

    And no, nobody is impressed that you're apparently now threatening to join a swf, go join them.

    So do all totems myself get no gens done waste a perk spot for small game no and for your info last night I did I want from rank 6 to3 because killers are straight garbage there is nothing they can do o had a challenge escape three trails got it done n three matches cause my teammates will die if they have to to help each other and we do so tunnel and I will bully you camp and I'm poppin gens it doesn't matter since killers don't want to play fair why should I sorry ghost face that you didn't have fun but don't try to expose people next to the hook like kinda pointless thanks team I appreciate you you guys are amazing see you tonight

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2043868#Comment_2043868

    Sluzzy, don't mean to sound rude.

    How long have you played this game? And at what levels of play are you in?

    Because whilst killers have the advantage in the lower ranks due to the nature that killers need Survivors to mess up and in lower ranks they mess up more, in higher ranks against better people the survivors have the "easy mode" you are talking about.

    This game isn't balanced around casual play, it's balanced around high levels of play. They cant really balance for both.

    Survivors can win with ease if they are all semi competent (not even great) and I do this on a daily. I play both killer and survivor equally, but am siding more towards killer these days due to how unfun survivor is as it's not challenging at all. I enjoy a challenge, but not a shitfest where it's an easy stomp.

    Bull I'm red purple rank every season and a good red rank killer gives me a run for my money every match so as far as red rank killers a huntress that knows how much she can miss use auto aim scary comp nurses p3 freedy no that runs survillance thrilling trimmers and pop killers that know how to break loops almost always get me at least once killers that know what tactics to use and change mid game problem is red ranks should only go against red rank killers purple so on so forth if it is an swf crew there highest rank should be the rank killer you face I know alot of times I play killer there's one red rank surrounded by yellow and green ranks and they will join or friend a yellow rank join there lobby to get easier matches If people played there own ranks everyone would be were they belong and matches would be way more entertaining and fair

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044069#Comment_2044069

    There is also plenty of red rank survivors going against brown and green rank killers too.

    Who is everyone? That must be all killers. If killrates were only 20%, you would be all about the killrates because it would show they are too weak.

    I don't believe in statistics

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045747#Comment_2045747

    When you play solo you're supposed to either run anit totem build and do the job yourself if you want it to be done for sure or simply hide after exit gates are powered instead of playing aggressive.

    You know, hide in a locker, make sure killer isn't near, open gates, gtfo. +1pip, escaped, no saltiness from expected and well-deserved death from noed.

    I always do that and it works more than enough.

    Although if you want to be greedy, then you have problems.

    Of course noed why not it's totally fair

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046163#Comment_2046163

    So do all totems myself get no gens done waste a perk spot for small game no and for your info last night I did I want from rank 6 to3 because killers are straight garbage there is nothing they can do o had a challenge escape three trails got it done n three matches cause my teammates will die if they have to to help each other and we do so tunnel and I will bully you camp and I'm poppin gens it doesn't matter since killers don't want to play fair why should I sorry ghost face that you didn't have fun but don't try to expose people next to the hook like kinda pointless thanks team I appreciate you you guys are amazing see you tonight

    If getting 5 totems cleansed means you can't get a gen done, that's on your lack of time management skills.

    Sooner or later you're going to have to decide what rank you want people to believe you are. In 2 back to back posts you claimed to be 3 (red) and purple ranked. Nobody cares what rank you are, but it is confusing how much your obvious bs just scatter shots all over.

  • Your just a suspicious person beginning season rank nine went to 8 camping tunneling 10 never said I touched red ranks this season until last night you do know your rank changes every season and some cases everyday if you play enough

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    Your just a suspicious person beginning season rank nine went to 8 camping tunneling 10 never said I touched red ranks this season until last night you do know your rank changes every season and some cases everyday if you play enough

    You also thought I had a fake account cause I agreed with a survivor that you and all the other killer mains were bullying you guys are like a pack of wolves picking on survivors your a bunch of bullies it is not are fault you can't catch us got good

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047289#Comment_2047289

    You also thought I had a fake account cause I agreed with a survivor that you and all the other killer mains were bullying you guys are like a pack of wolves picking on survivors your a bunch of bullies it is not are fault you can't catch us got good

    Occam's razor. Either one person has two accounts or two separate people consistently make the exact same spelling and grammar mistakes while making the exact same claims.

    As far as the rest? You really need to believe everyone who disagrees with you is a killer main, don't you? I'm not, but I don't care if you think I am.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045237#Comment_2045237

    Well it wasn't a picture of a Hamburger so you're more creative than 95% of these forums

    thanks I try : )

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044069#Comment_2044069

    There is also plenty of red rank survivors going against brown and green rank killers too.

    Who is everyone? That must be all killers. If killrates were only 20%, you would be all about the killrates because it would show they are too weak.

    Can you give me your opinion on each killer I'd just like to know?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046315#Comment_2046315

    Can you give me your opinion on each killer I'd just like to know?

    They are all overperforming. Nurse is at the bottom, the most difficult killer, and still gets 2K on average.

    Bubba was overbuffed and Clown being able to shut down loops didn't need a buff at all. Now all killers are really too strong because survivors have little to work with. Less pallets, smaller maps, survivor perks repeatedly nerfed too much.

  • HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE. DS has been needed for a nerf for a long time, and both sides get worked on.


    have you seen the game map, hello? how survivor sided can u literally make that map, its disgusting and plus we already know FREDDY is in line for a change or two because hes a brainless killer with the highest kill rates. DS is still strong, only u just cant abuse it in a killers face anymore, well unless theres a locker, there still is no counter to that other than eating the ds or waiting for the timer to run out. not really fair that part isit.....

  • @Viktor1853 said:

    is a deserved nerf 

    amd ruin was a well deserved nerf, so was undying, and nurse and Billy being nerfed. And definitely the mori nerf.

    I play killer main and red rank. Ds never bothered me. I also rarely got hit with it unless I DID tunnel. It should be deactivated or have the timer go down if you jump on a gen, do a totem or heal your teammate. However, sometimes it saved a teammate from the hook even while I was being tunneled because I run bt with it. Pallet slam a killer and unhook. Or use unbreakable because the killer slugged me for fear of ds and I saved my teammate. I hope more killers camp endgame so I can save it and get out the door more. Oh wait, I already do with bt. It's a guarantee escape. I love that.

  • @HuDawg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2035163#Comment_2035163

    But if you have ds at the start of the match and you spawned next to a gen and repair it does ds turn off?

    How would it, since you have to be actually hooked to use it.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2035571#Comment_2035571

    Yeah, those killers that cried got 4Ks regardless. Streamers are famous for never losing and crying about DS while annihilating the team, slugging and abusing their own perks. Ironically, DS is suddenly an anti-tunnel perk when it is almost impossible for it to now be used. If it is going to be anti-tunnel it needs a whole lot of buffs like no timers, no losing it when slugged, multiple uses. Red rank killers will slug you and have no consequences with DS. Spirits are pretty notorious for phasing all the way back and not being able to do anything means an even easier game for the killer.

    It's a one sided game & you are right people will get a 4K & still whine & very about something, they will even tunnel & camp but be mad at somethin that didn't even prevent their precious 4K it's like a camping michael or Ghost face like your already able to expose & stalk & sneak up on a survivor so do you really needs camo & tunnel anyone, the game is so one-sided how is that anywhere close to fun, BHR don't care about the community, they said killers who tunnel & camped are now being punished for it yet they still haven't gotten any penalties so they are full of it🤷🏿‍♂️

  • @CornHub said:

    Haven't we all been ignoring the real balance issue of dbd? The pig is quite possibly the most broken busted OP low effort high reward killers. Her power can LITERALLY kill the survivor in 2.5 minutes! No add-ons required! Absolutely blows my mind how the devs have refused to nerf her.

    And survivors can do all the gens in less than 5 mins, and there’s four of them. Zooming around. Being silent. Comms. Etc. Outside of mobility killers pig makes the most sense. She forces players to do something other than gens and totems. It’s fair because she has to catch you, so it’s more of a punishment if anything.

    Why is it when killers are upset and want balance the solution is for them to get better as a killer? Then when survivors are upset and want balance the solution is to weaken all the killers? Everything good is made worse until they don’t even have to try to escape. 🤣

  • Why your posts are always about survivor things? You never play killer, huh? How sad

  • It works just like before it was nerfed but it can't be abused, seems pretty fair to me

  • @Sluzzy said:

    How many counters does a perk need? Since killers didn’t know how to play around the perk it will now have the most ways to disable itself than any other perk in the game.  Pretty much paralyzing the survivor to keep it. As difficult as it is for the survivor to complete objectives this is a huge set back. Most matches there is little hope. Killers have nothing to do but one objective while survivors have to do several and on top of that punished for doing anything where killer perks completely changes the game. Now survivor perks punish for playing the game.

    A perk “Nothing to be afraid of” is really the opposite now. More afraid of losing it and needing it when a spirit phases all the way back and tunnel.  Was it forgotten that being a survivor you should try to heal yourself if you are injured? What benefit is it to have good med kits? It should be fair game to try to heal yourself and not worry with losing a perk. Not to mention trying to help your team. Now Bubba will be stronger in the basement because BT does nothing to him, DS you could maybe unhook someone and have a chance for only one to get out. An unnecessary buff where Bubba didn't need it because there is no counterplay to killers like Bubba.

    It was nerfed way too much to benefit only killers and make their game easier than it already is with nothing added to it to help survivors. Like the least that could have been done was to stop the timer if someone is being chased or slugged on the ground. I thought 1-time use perks should be powerful, not very weak and catering to the other side so much. Undying was a busted perk and it won the killer the game, yet it still got huge counter buffs when it was nerfed. DS is only a 1-time use perk and it can really only be used by a facecamping killer now and that assumes that they don’t slug.  It is ridiculous decisive strike will be so situational and only useable if killer plays a specific way and can still prevent it from being used by slugging.  Lets be sure killers can abuse it. The decisive strike nerfs were rushed and for only to entertain killers.

    You are so wrong. Before the nerf survivors got off the hook and instantaneously started healing and repairing gens. Decisive strike now offers us a very small amount of slow down with one less person being able to do actions for a minute.

  • What was the nerf???

  • @coolmacc said:

    What was the nerf???

    This thread was made in March, so you can disregard it.


    But if you care: They added the deactivation if you work on a generator, start to heal someone, try to unhook or work on a totem. Previously, after getting unhooked, DS just lasted for a minute with no deactivation condition.


    Partnered with Unbreakable this led to the killer joke of "1 minute of immortality". You can't grab them or pick them up because of DS, you can't slug them because of Unbreakable. Which meant that they could just sit on generator in front of you, without any sort of consequence.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    Not even playing Devils Advocate here, but I legit wouldn't mind if the timer paused while in active chase after the other changes go through. Alternatively, for being slugged on the ground, maybe the timer would pause within terror radius. I dunno. Something to give slugged Survivors a bit of a bone. Maybe tack on another 10 seconds if downed while DS is active instead of the TR thing.

    I have been on the receiving end of a Killer slugging me and waiting out the DS while others were basically circling around, trying to get their attention. DS isn't always a deterrent. Obviously, those teammates SHOULD have been working gens and not doing their best vulture impersonations, but I still feel for the sluggy that gets watched by a Killer for a minute while waiting out the DS.

    Are there any upcoming changes to Decisive Strike? And yes, I completely agree with you, it really should pause when in a chase. If a killer tunnels you and takes more than 60 seconds to down you due to poor decision making, it feels a bit useless to have this perk in the first place.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    How many counters does a perk need? Since killers didn’t know how to play around the perk it will now have the most ways to disable itself than any other perk in the game.  Pretty much paralyzing the survivor to keep it. As difficult as it is for the survivor to complete objectives this is a huge set back. Most matches there is little hope. Killers have nothing to do but one objective while survivors have to do several and on top of that punished for doing anything where killer perks completely changes the game. Now survivor perks punish for playing the game.

    A perk “Nothing to be afraid of” is really the opposite now. More afraid of losing it and needing it when a spirit phases all the way back and tunnel.  Was it forgotten that being a survivor you should try to heal yourself if you are injured? What benefit is it to have good med kits? It should be fair game to try to heal yourself and not worry with losing a perk. Not to mention trying to help your team. Now Bubba will be stronger in the basement because BT does nothing to him, DS you could maybe unhook someone and have a chance for only one to get out. An unnecessary buff where Bubba didn't need it because there is no counterplay to killers like Bubba.

    It was nerfed way too much to benefit only killers and make their game easier than it already is with nothing added to it to help survivors. Like the least that could have been done was to stop the timer if someone is being chased or slugged on the ground. I thought 1-time use perks should be powerful, not very weak and catering to the other side so much. Undying was a busted perk and it won the killer the game, yet it still got huge counter buffs when it was nerfed. DS is only a 1-time use perk and it can really only be used by a facecamping killer now and that assumes that they don’t slug.  It is ridiculous decisive strike will be so situational and only useable if killer plays a specific way and can still prevent it from being used by slugging.  Lets be sure killers can abuse it. The decisive strike nerfs were rushed and for only to entertain killers.

    don't mind me, just watching the bait.

  • @QwQw said:

    Damn, shoulda grabbed my popcorn.

    Here, I have some to spare lol

  • It's very simple, if you are healed or touch a gen then you are not tunneled.

    The perk is fine now and have its intended function.

  • @coolmacc said:

    What was the nerf???

    @PanicSquid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651690#Comment_2651690

    This thread was made in March, so you can disregard it.

    But if you care: They added the deactivation if you work on a generator, start to heal someone, try to unhook or work on a totem. Previously, after getting unhooked, DS just lasted for a minute with no deactivation condition.

    Partnered with Unbreakable this led to the killer joke of "1 minute of immortality". You can't grab them or pick them up because of DS, you can't slug them because of Unbreakable. Which meant that they could just sit on generator in front of you, without any sort of consequence.

    And it was made by Sluzzy so you can disregard it

  • I saw this post and thought "Is this a 1 year post made by sluzzy?"

    The answer., Yes

1 … 3 4 5 ›