Hex perks should NEVER be nerfed!!!

Killer hex perks should never be nerfed, especially cause there's counters. There are a few perks to counter hex perks and AN ENTIRE ITEM.

Perks

  • Small game
  • Detectives hunch

Items

  • A entire map to scout out totems

You don't like small game, I don't like entitled survivors [BAD WORD] about every damn thing with actual counters.

I'm not biased, perks exist. Why do killers get punished when there is counters, this game really has some Interesting developers.

Comments

  • So survivors should bring every game these perks and items? That's not a real counterplay. Also they don't nerf a Perk because it's funny, they do it to balance the game a little bit. I'm happy I don't have to go against undying and ruin every round.

  • Undying would have been nerfed when Crowd Control would have been released. This Perk is totally worth being a Hex and having it up all game would really be too much.

  • @Mineguy said:

    So survivors should bring every game these perks and items? That's not a real counterplay. Also they don't nerf a Perk because it's funny, they do it to balance the game a little bit. I'm happy I don't have to go against undying and ruin every round.

    I'm not saying your entitled but I'll tell you something that you might not know. Did you know there is only 5 dull totems on a map. Bring just small game, go around the map and cleanse all totems. How is that not a "real counterplay" . I do agree though, the old "hex undying" was a bit OP but now it's nerfed.

  • Great, if we're not gonna nerf NOED it means we can give it a total rework from the ground up to have a much heathier effect on the ga-

    Oh you weren't saying it like that.

  • @Mineguy said:

    So survivors should bring every game these perks and items? That's not a real counterplay. Also they don't nerf a Perk because it's funny, they do it to balance the game a little bit. I'm happy I don't have to go against undying and ruin every round.

    funny how any hex meta build is actually useless against good survivors, but gets nerfed anyway because majority just sucks at game and refuses to admit it and adapt.

    And exactly because the majority sucks and refuses to change their playstyle or builds accordingly to killer's meta, these hex meta builds are meta in the first place.

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000902#Comment_2000902

    I'm not saying your entitled but I'll tell you something that you might not know. Did you know there is only 5 dull totems on a map. Bring just small game, go around the map and cleanse all totems. How is that not a "real counterplay" . I do agree though, the old "hex undying" was a bit OP but now it's nerfed.

    Yeah the thing is most of the totems are not very good hidden but a few are almost impossible to find if you don't have a map.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Undying would have been nerfed when Crowd Control would have been released. This Perk is totally worth being a Hex and having it up all game would really be too much.

    Exactly.

    I thought the exact same thing once I saw Crowd Control. There wasn’t a chance in hell they were going to let Undying remain unchanged if the Ruin + Undying combo wasn’t seen as a problem.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Great, if we're not gonna nerf NOED it means we can give it a total rework from the ground up to have a much heathier effect on the ga-

    Oh you weren't saying it like that.

    I don't really know what you mean but a NOED rework is a Genius Idea. I'm not just a killer main lol, I play both sides.

  • Detectives Hunch is really underrated. I have it in one of my builds

  • No anything can be nerfed, Hex: undying was good no matter if it was destroyed 1st or last and if it was the latter it was way too strong in that match.

    However they should be strong, as it is Undying isn't strong it's a prevention measure with a useless aura reading ability. I honestly think they need to replace the aura with something else for example they could switch TOTH reduced cleansing speed and Undyings aura reading and rework TOTH to have powerful aura reading so it's name actually makes sense and it would help Undying stall better.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000910#Comment_2000910

    Exactly.

    I thought the exact same thing once I saw Crowd Control. There wasn’t a chance in hell they were going to let Undying remain unchanged if the Ruin + Undying combo wasn’t seen as a problem.

    The real reason why they nerfed hex: undying was hex: haunted grounds. It could trigger each time. Although, if it was cause of another reason they it probably would get nerfed cause of hex: crowd control.

  • I think the issue is less about reworking hex perks and more so that hex spawns should be more difficult to find


    Two hexes should never be so close to each other like they often are sometimes, and I don't think they should be so easily found by basically being out in the open

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000902#Comment_2000902

    I'm not saying your entitled but I'll tell you something that you might not know. Did you know there is only 5 dull totems on a map. Bring just small game, go around the map and cleanse all totems. How is that not a "real counterplay" . I do agree though, the old "hex undying" was a bit OP but now it's nerfed.

    Wait so you agree undying was op but still state that hex perks should never be nerfed?

    Everything that is deemed to powerfull deserves to be nerfed.

    Now hex perks should be powerfull enough so that if survivors don't cleanse them are at a huge disadvantage but nothing should be exempted from recieving change if needed

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000911#Comment_2000911

    Wait so you agree undying was op but still state that hex perks should never be nerfed?

    Everything that is deemed to powerfull deserves to be nerfed.

    Now hex perks should be powerfull enough so that if survivors don't cleanse them are at a huge disadvantage but nothing should be exempted from recieving change if needed

    I don't think hex perks should be nerfed but hex: undying wasn't just a hex perk, they're was multiple hex's. Whether a hex perk is powerful or not, there is a simple counter. Just find dull totems, there's only 5.

  • I mean he had a point if hexs were strong enough you should expect them then you could bring perks to destroy them quickly or soul guard to deny slugging then you could have inner strength to have heal

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000912#Comment_2000912

    I don't really know what you mean but a NOED rework is a Genius Idea. I'm not just a killer main lol, I play both sides.

    the lady doth protest too much, methinks


    If a perk is a hex or not is irrelevant. if a perk needs to be changed it NEEDS to be changed.

  • ima guess this is because undying got nerfed. you will learn to play without it, champ.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000917#Comment_2000917

    the lady doth protest too much, methinks

    If a perk is a hex or not is irrelevant. if a perk needs to be changed it NEEDS to be changed.

    I don't know what you said...Also, I said hex's. If a perk is too OP then it better get nerfed but hex perks are powerful perks, as a hex. Like I said many times, hex perk don't need nerfs because all you have to do is cleanse 2 totems, does not a single survivor main understand hex perks aren't OP.

  • Ill do you one better: HEX perks should never have a cooldown (blood favour).

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    ima guess this is because undying got nerfed. you will learn to play without it, champ.

    no, undying is a hex perk with many hex's, that doesn't count. Hex Undying was a bad designed perk. Like I said many times and will say a thousand more times is that hex perks have counter, why nerf them?

    Also 1 more thing, this doesn't apply now. A perk like Hex: Crowd control doesn't need a nerf cause two totems isn't OP.

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001111#Comment_2001111

    I don't know what you said...Also, I said hex's. If a perk is too OP then it better get nerfed but hex perks are powerful perks, as a hex. Like I said many times, hex perk don't need nerfs because all you have to do is cleanse 2 totems, does not a single survivor main understand hex perks aren't OP.

    if a hex perk worked as follows: "once an injured survivor is downed, 3 other survivors on the map are instantly put into the dying state". does that require a change? according to you, no. bEcAuSe iTs A hEx PeRk

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001121#Comment_2001121

    if a hex perk worked as follows: "once an injured survivor is downed, 3 other survivors on the map are instantly put into the dying state". does that require a change? according to you, no. bEcAuSe iTs A hEx PeRk

    Your a funny person, you know full well a hex like that will never be added. Don't compare my logic to a stereotype. A developer isn't dumb enough to add a perk like that lol.

  • SleepyWillo - Think of a perk like crowd control. Each time a survivor preforms a fast vault, a window is blocked for 14 seconds. It sounds really OP but it isn't because...You guessed it, a hex. I know what I just said is a bit misleading, the perk itself is quite powerful. An easy counter is simply look for hex's. Also, a perk like that even solo's will know.

    1 - You vault and the window is blocked, oh the killer much be running hex: crowd control

    2 - When you vault, you have time to go to another loop

    3 - In a swf, it's really weak.

    I know I'm taking this quite seriously, I understand that. I just don't want another hex perk like devour hope to be nerfed cause the developers don't understand that a survivor can look and simply cleanse 2 hex totems, probably paired with hex: undying.

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001129#Comment_2001129

    Your a funny person, you know full well a hex like that will never be added. Don't compare my logic to a stereotype. A developer isn't dumb enough to add a perk like that lol.

    Though the chances of a perk like that being added are low, they are never zero.

    The point stands: No perk should be immune to changes for the betterment of the game. You can debate if the changes are overtuned or insufficient but nothing should be immune.

  • @REL1_C said:

    SleepyWillo - Think of a perk like crowd control. Each time a survivor preforms a fast vault, a window is blocked for 14 seconds. It sounds really OP but it isn't because...You guessed it, a hex. I know what I just said is a bit misleading, the perk itself is quite powerful. An easy counter is simply look for hex's. Also, a perk like that even solo's will know.

    1 - You vault and the window is blocked, oh the killer much be running hex: crowd control

    2 - When you vault, you have time to go to another loop

    3 - In a swf, it's really weak.

    I know I'm taking this quite seriously, I understand that. I just don't want another hex perk like devour hope to be nerfed cause the developers don't understand that a survivor can look and simply cleanse 2 hex totems, probably paired with hex: undying.

    Undying was a very unique situation. As you said, the best way to eliminate a hex perk is to cleanse totems. Undying made this extremely difficult due to it having both auras and the ability to respawn cleansed hex totems.

    I knew when the perk was on the ptb itd be a MoM situation. One side would love it and one side would hate it, but the devs would keep it as long as possible to enjoy the profits from sales before changing it.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Undying would have been nerfed when Crowd Control would have been released. This Perk is totally worth being a Hex and having it up all game would really be too much.

    Why? It's just a hex bamboozle where they switched the role of the person that needs to go through the window.

    Hex perks are supposed to be high risk, high reward perks. Where are survivor perks that are high risk, high reward?

  • @Mineguy said:

    So survivors should bring every game these perks and items? That's not a real counterplay. Also they don't nerf a Perk because it's funny, they do it to balance the game a little bit. I'm happy I don't have to go against undying and ruin every round.

    I haven't seen Undying ruin since 4.5.1

    Have you? It's like Undying vanished.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000910#Comment_2000910

    Why? It's just a hex bamboozle where they switched the role of the person that needs to go through the window.

    Hex perks are supposed to be high risk, high reward perks. Where are survivor perks that are high risk, high reward?

    the difference is bamboozle has a cool down. crowd control does not. Old undying would make it so loops wouldn't work and survivors outside of SWF would have been destroyed.

    it's the same as old balanced landing. that needed to be changed for the betterment of the game. rather than changing one map and having to factor its interactions with every possible future map, it was easier to change one perk.

    Bonus question: Survivor high risk high reward perk: DH, Deliverance, Soul guard, Secondwind, DS, etc

  • Hex Perks are basically useless. A waste of a perk slot. Any value from these totems will usually only be gained in 1 or every 10 matches. Today I tried playing around with Hex Third Seal, just goofing off with off brand builds. 4 games played, 4 games that totem was cleaned in less than 40 seconds. What’s the point at all with Hex Totems? Just get rid of them.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001157#Comment_2001157

    the difference is bamboozle has a cool down. crowd control does not. Old undying would make it so loops wouldn't work and survivors outside of SWF would have been destroyed.

    it's the same as old balanced landing. that needed to be changed for the betterment of the game. rather than changing one map and having to factor its interactions with every possible future map, it was easier to change one perk.

    Bonus question: Survivor high risk high reward perk: DH, Deliverance, Soul guard, Secondwind, DS, etc

    What are you talking about? Bamboozle has no cooldown. It never had.

    Where is the high risk part of the perks you mentioned? The part where killers permanently deactivate the perk?

  • @poomanchu said:

    Hex Perks are basically useless. A waste of a perk slot. Any value from these totems will usually only be gained in 1 or every 10 matches. Today I tried playing around with Hex Third Seal, just goofing off with off brand builds. 4 games played, 4 games that totem was cleaned in less than 40 seconds. What’s the point at all with Hex Totems? Just get rid of them.

    Hex spawns were shadow nerfed before the Undying nerf. Totems now spawn out in the open. Next to gens and in plain sight.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001181#Comment_2001181

    Hex spawns were shadow nerfed before the Undying nerf. Totems now spawn out in the open. Next to gens and in plain sight.

    I really do hate how totems will spawn right next to gens it's horrible placement

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001173#Comment_2001173

    What are you talking about? Bamboozle has no cooldown. It never had.

    Where is the high risk part of the perks you mentioned? The part where killers permanently deactivate the perk?

    it does have a cool down (unlike crowd control). only one vault can be blocked and each vault can be blocked for 8/12/16. crowd control has no such limits.

    most of the perks I listed have conditional activation criteria which if the killer doesn't play a certain way or use certain builds mean those are wasted perk slots

  • Hex Totems should be changed to offerings in the blood web instead of perks. I’d trade a darker mist offering for a 40 second Hex totem.

  • @poomanchu said:

    Hex Totems should be changed to offerings in the blood web instead of perks. I’d trade a darker mist offering for a 40 second Hex totem.

    what would the survivor equivalent be then?

  • Imagine having:

    • Old ruin
    • Old Undying
    • New upcoming hex that blocks windows.

    Yeah, I also like playing survivor against this...

  • @REL1_C said:

    Killer hex perks should never be nerfed, especially cause there's counters. There are a few perks to counter hex perks and AN ENTIRE ITEM.

    Perks

    • Small game
    • Detectives hunch

    Items

    • A entire map to scout out totems

    You don't like small game, I don't like entitled survivors [BAD WORD] about every damn thing with actual counters.

    I'm not biased, perks exist. Why do killers get punished when there is counters, this game really has some Interesting developers.

    MoM and DS shouldn’t be nerfed. There”s counter, hit again

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001201#Comment_2001201

    it does have a cool down (unlike crowd control). only one vault can be blocked and each vault can be blocked for 8/12/16. crowd control has no such limits.

    most of the perks I listed have conditional activation criteria which if the killer doesn't play a certain way or use certain builds mean those are wasted perk slots

    What's the cooldown? Bamboozle blocks for 16 seconds. Crowd Control for 14 seconds.

    Neither has a cooldown.

    So neither of the survivor perks you mentioned is high risk. Since they can't be deactivated.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000902#Comment_2000902

    I haven't seen Undying ruin since 4.5.1

    Have you? It's like Undying vanished.

    How ironic

  • @Pilot said:

    Imagine having:

    • Old ruin
    • Old Undying
    • New upcoming hex that blocks windows.

    Yeah, I also like playing survivor against this...

    What's the problem? Equip a anti totem perk or search for a lit totem to deactivate it. If 4 survivors search, then they'll find those totems pretty fast.

  • You tell me. What perks would be good to have as offerings instead of perks? DS? Since it’s one time use. Whatever works.

  • Screw Hex perks. I'm of the opinion that all Hex perks should be re-worked/re-balanced into non-Hex perks. Get that variance/swinginess outta here. Find something else to do with Totems.

  • @poomanchu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001239#Comment_2001239

    You tell me. What perks would be good to have as offerings instead of perks? DS? Since it’s one time use. Whatever works.

    Perks as offerings really isn't a terrible idea, it's a 5th perk slot lol. Although, there would be a lot of issues in "balancing" even if killers had it too.

  • @TAG said:

    Screw Hex perks. I'm of the opinion that all Hex perks should be re-worked/re-balanced into non-Hex perks. Get that variance/swinginess outta here. Find something else to do with Totems.

    That’s why I said make Hex’s offerings instead of perks. If you choose to bring a Hex offering, a totem is lit up. If you don’t, it stays dull

  • @TAG said:

    Screw Hex perks. I'm of the opinion that all Hex perks should be re-worked/re-balanced into non-Hex perks. Get that variance/swinginess outta here. Find something else to do with Totems.

    You know, I do like this idea. How would you do haunted grounds as a non-hex perk?

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001266#Comment_2001266

    You know, I do like this idea. How would you do haunted grounds as a non-hex perk?

    Without getting into any specifics, trap a gen. The perk fires off when the trapped gen is finished.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001230#Comment_2001230

    What's the cooldown? Bamboozle blocks for 16 seconds. Crowd Control for 14 seconds.

    Neither has a cooldown.

    Dude... Bamboozle can only block ONE window at a time. Its cooldoqn is the length of time it's active. Crowd control can theoretically block every vault on a map at once (would take some serious coordination and map rng but technically possible)

  • 1) perks should never counter perks, that's just stupid and lazy game design.

    2) hexes need a full rework. They are too inconsistent, and Devour Hope could be the poster child - either it's useless or it wins you the game by itself.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001271#Comment_2001271

    Without getting into any specifics, trap a gen. The perk fires off when the trapped gen is finished.

    Devour hope could be the same but you would gain it's benefits at the end game

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001244#Comment_2001244

    What's the problem? Equip a anti totem perk or search for a lit totem to deactivate it. If 4 survivors search, then they'll find those totems pretty fast.

    Ah yes, just equip a perk.

    That will fix the problem.

    I also like going out of my way hunting totems whilst I have a chance to run into the killer + see my teammates doing the same while we run around like headless chickens trying to figure out where the darn totems are for 5 minutes.

‹ 1 2